Klipsch owner thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 40843 Old 12-31-2006, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Definitely don't do the RC-52 with the RF-82's - I got to listen to the complete Klipsch Ref lineup in almost all combinations for hours and hours and hours. The RC-62 is defintely the best match for the RF-82's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 40843 Old 12-31-2006, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks to all. Now it's time to wheel and deal. I'll let you guys know when I've acquired the merchandise.
post #333 of 40843 Old 01-02-2007, 11:12 PM

OK so I am on a strict budget given my Christmas spending bindge. I recently had to replace my old Sony All in one home theater system with a separate Onkyo 7.1 Reciever (TX-SR674) and a 5 disk Sony 1080i upconverting DVD player. I also had to replace the existing sub with a Klipsh Synergy III 10" sub. I decided to hang onto the sattilite speakers that came with my old Sony, since I figured that I could survive a while.....

Well after replacing my Sub i began to realize exactly how little range my sattilites captured. The sound didn't seem as full as I would have liked, while the sub added a lot of strenth on the lows, it just didn't sound smooth (sorry I am new at this so I don't know how else to explain it). The sound is either high, or very low.

Anyhow so I wanted to replace my L and R and center. So given I was happy with my sub I felt that I should try to match those speakers with the same brand and family. The C-2 and B-2 speakers seem to be what I need. Given that it fits my $400 budget are these a good choice?

I don't have enough to get the R series speakers, but It seemed to me that these were the cheap equivelent to the R series speakers. I would appreciate any input anyone can provide. I tried diggin through this thread and it seems like everyone is buying the Reference series so I was hoping someone could help a guy just starting out. Thanks in advanced.
post #334 of 40843 Old 01-03-2007, 06:17 AM

Reference 4 RF-82 Home Theater System here except I subed in the RT-12d sub for increased lows

Very happy with my Klipsch using them with a Denon 3806
post #335 of 40843 Old 01-03-2007, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Can some people comment on the Klipsch Reference line mated with a Pioneer Elite AVR? Also is it bad to get the discountinued models? It would be cheaper right?
post #336 of 40843 Old 01-03-2007, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Has anyone else tried the RF-83's with the RC-64? It seems like everyone except me went with the RF-82's and RC-62 instead.

Then again, mine are in a basement with plenty of room, and I have to admit the RC-64 is a somewhat large center channel to try to place, so that might be part of the reason.
post #337 of 40843 Old 01-03-2007, 07:05 AM

I'm actually thinking to move up to the RF-83s and RC 64 and have a buyer lined up for the RF-82s

How would RF 83s fare with a Denon 3806 (120W/ch) till I buy a more powerful amp. I'm thinking to go with Anthem MCA50 and use the Denon for a pre/pro but not right away.
post #338 of 40843 Old 01-03-2007, 08:18 AM

management

I have a pair of rf-62's (bi-amped) and a rc-62 connected to an Elite 84 and I am very happy. Next is a pair of rb-61's for the back (waf prevents rf-82's and moving the 62's to the back).

I listen to 65/35 music/movies.

Waiting however for Pioneer to fix the LFE glitch.
post #339 of 40843 Old 01-03-2007, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyBank View Post

management

I have a pair of rf-62's (bi-wired) and a rc-62 connected to an Elite 84 and I am very happy. Next is a pair of rb-61's for the back (waf prevents rf-82's and moving the 62's to the back).

I listen to 65/35 music/movies.

Waiting however for Pioneer to fix the LFE glitch.

LFE glitch? In the Elite 84? I have a Elite VSX 52 TX. Would I have a glitch?

Do people really use Floorstandings in the back? What makes that any good? How would one get the envelope that a bipole/dipole provides?

Also, are you using a power amp?

Also, is it bad to get the RF-5 and the other system models or are the RF-62's and teh rest better than those discontinued models?
post #340 of 40843 Old 01-03-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Management View Post

LFE glitch? In the Elite 84? I have a Elite VSX 52 TX. Would I have a glitch?

Not sure about the 52, but take a look in the elite 84 thread for info on the LFE problem.

CSR's at pioneer are telling people it is being worked on but no "official" word as yet.

No power amp, just the 84.
post #341 of 40843 Old 01-03-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:

Also, is it bad to get the RF-5 and the other system models or are the RF-62's and teh rest better than those discontinued models?

The RF5/7 were very good speakers, but you would need to do a side by side comparison if possible to detect any differences. I believe the newer series have been smoothed out in the upper frequencies. I am still using my RF3II, with the RC7 and like this very much. I can not justify upgrading just because of a newer series.( Unless it is to the much bigger 83's)
post #342 of 40843 Old 01-03-2007, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
GoND, I have the RF-83 and RF-82. I did a side by side test between the two. There is large difference in sound between the two. To me the 83 are much better sound, but they are over twice the cost too. Just my 2 cents worth
post #343 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Hi everyone

I just purchased a RF-62 package (can't wait to hook them up on Sunday).

I would really appreciate your input on mounting the Rear RS-52 speakers.

I have a not so perfect room where I will need to use a wall mount that can support 15lbs (6.8kgs) AND be able to rotate. My room is such that I will need to mount the right rear on the back SIDE wall as the rear of the room (where the speaker should go) leads to a hallway.

Any advice would be great!...and yes I've searched the forums, but I can't seem to find anything in relation the these speakers.

Thanks
post #344 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 05:39 AM

I've been looking for mounts for the rs-52's for weeks now. Do you actually have a pair? I called klipsch, and the guy recommended BTech or Haropa mounts, but they don't seem to have anything that looks like it would work. The omnimounts would probably be perfect, but their 20lb mounts have 3/8-16 threaded rods and the rs-52 has 1/4-20 holes. If you have a pair, are the mounting holes on the top or bottom of the back? How far are they from the connectors?

I don't know why I don't just shut up and give up and lay down and die.
post #345 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perch33 View Post

The RF5/7 were very good speakers, but you would need to do a side by side comparison if possible to detect any differences. I believe the newer series have been smoothed out in the upper frequencies. I am still using my RF3II, with the RC7 and like this very much. I can not justify upgrading just because of a newer series.( Unless it is to the much bigger 83's)

If this helps: I have RF5's as well as RB81's. Perhaps the new tweeter in the RB81 is a bit smoother, but to my ears not so dramatic that the RF5 needs replacement.
post #346 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, got back from J&R in Manhattan, NYC who has the new Reference model in a listening room. They also had the Polk and NHT set up and I listened to all of them. I really like the sound of the Reference model but for some reason heard a static sound but I also heard it on all the speakers so I do not think it was the speakers. It was hooked up to a Sony receiver. Are those considered bright or warm? The Klipsch model sounded the best though and my female friend (knows nothing about audio) thought so too. I might forget the Axioms and go this route. I can't listen to the Axioms  I actually decided against the Athena AS-F series as well because I couldn't get a chance to listen to them either. I'm really like auditioning speakers My lady friend was laughing at my diction. She though auditioning was quite a funny way of putting it.
post #347 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I worked at Soundtrack / Ultimate for a few years, 5-6 years ago and did not like the SONY dound through the Klipsch's - I always went to the DENON's or second choice, Elite. The Yamaha sounded as bad as the SONY's to me. But, this is me, and that was 5 years ago.
post #348 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I really don't think I would purchase a SONY receiver lol. I have an Elite.
post #349 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1max1 View Post

GoND, I have the RF-83 and RF-82. I did a side by side test between the two. There is large difference in sound between the two. To me the 83 are much better sound, but they are over twice the cost too. Just my 2 cents worth

I found the same thing when it comes to sound quality, but, like you said, the price makes it tough. I got mine in a 50% off sale, so it made it worth it, but I agree that I'm not sure if they're worth twice the price of the RF-82's.

By the way, these are part of a new basement system I'm putting together, and still haven't purchased a receiver or pre/pro for them (waiting to see what shakes out at CES), and am right now using an old Denon 1600 from the late 90's that I had in a closet. You guys would be surprised how good that old 60 watt per channel Denon drives these speakers. I look forward to giving them some real beef to chew on in a few months.
post #350 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Just a few inputs over the last few posts.

The RF-83 is the current top of the line floorstand speaker in the Reference line. It has a larger compression driver and tweeter than the RF-82. It is a little smoother. It also mates better with the woofer to which it is crossed over to. The RF-82 is the sweet spot in the floorstand reference line. It has a smaller compression driver. It is not as refined as the RF-83, but at the same time, you are paying quite a bit more money for the top of the line. It comes down to price vs performance, and how much you want to spend. The RF-82 has developed quite a following since it hit the market a few months ago.

There are lot's of owners that use floorstands all around, (for both mains and back speakers). The reason they do this is for better imaging when they are listening to music on 5.1 mode. You have to absorb the cost of the speakers, plus find adequate space for them... they are fairly large floorstands.

If you are looking for a cost effective althernative to the Reference line, then you are looking at the Synergy line. Lower cost materials, and not on the same level as the new Reference line, though they still will provide excellent value for the money.

Receiver wise, Klipsch users seem to like Dennon, Marantz, and Yamaha receivers. And there is quite a sector that also love tubes for two channel application.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
post #351 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post

Just a few inputs over the last few posts.

The RF-83 is the current top of the line floorstand speaker in the Reference line. It has a larger compression driver and tweeter than the RF-82. It is a little smoother. It also mates better with the woofer to which it is crossed over to. The RF-82 is the sweet spot in the floorstand reference line. It has a smaller compression driver. It is not as refined as the RF-83, but at the same time, you are paying quite a bit more money for the top of the line. It comes down to price vs performance, and how much you want to spend. The RF-82 has developed quite a following since it hit the market a few months ago.

There are lot's of owners that use floorstands all around, (for both mains and back speakers). The reason they do this is for better imaging when they are listening to music on 5.1 mode. You have to absorb the cost of the speakers, plus find adequate space for them... they are fairly large floorstands.

If you are looking for a cost effective althernative to the Reference line, then you are looking at the Synergy line. Lower cost materials, and not on the same level as the new Reference line, though they still will provide excellent value for the money.

Receiver wise, Klipsch users seem to like Dennon, Marantz, and Yamaha receivers. And there is quite a sector that also love tubes for two channel application.

Thank you very much and would appreciate as many 2 cents as I can get . BTW I read everywhere that one should stay way from Yamaha receivers if using Klipsch speakers. I read only one post that stated the samething about Denon. Everyone else likes it. Plus I do not want to get the Synergy Line because that is the Line I have read the most about being harsh and head piercing lol.

What about the 62s? Anyone has those and can comment?
post #352 of 40843 Old 01-04-2007, 02:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

I have an Elite VSX-74 on loan until my 4306 arrives. I can say that this set-up sounds excellent and have grown to admire the Pioneer's easy set-up and intuitive remote. My speakers are 7.1 RF-35 system with RW-12 sub. Been waiting on 4306 since October. Have Denon 3930CI to round out the package. Great DVD player!
post #353 of 40843 Old 01-05-2007, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you very much and would appreciate as many 2 cents as I can get . BTW I read everywhere that one should stay way from Yamaha receivers if using Klipsch speakers. I read only one post that stated the samething about Denon. Everyone else likes it. Plus I do not want to get the Synergy Line because that is the Line I have read the most about being harsh and head piercing lol.

I have tried Yamaha, Denon and Rotel with the Klipsch RF5s. I would rate the success in matching in exactly that order (again, in my opinion and in my listening room).
post #354 of 40843 Old 01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all, just thought I would throw in my thoughts.
Setup....
Dedicated HT 20'x15'
Klipsch RF83's, if you have the money and the room its the only way to go.
Klipsch RC62, First Klipsch speaker I bought, so good I had to have the 83's, sounds fantastic in movies and music, lots of bass too. Will upgrade to the RC64 later but no real need to right now, sounds amazing.
Mirage OM260 floorstanders for surrounds...excellent "surround" speaker..LOL.
Paradigm PW2200..friggin monster sub, tons of power and great for movies and music.
Mirage 10" sub backs up the PW2200 for a little smoother response.
Polk Rt10 for rear surrounds.

Yamaha RX-V2500 Avr...sounds excellent but did take some tweaking, 130wpc but drives the 83's with ease of course, adding the Anthem Mca50 amp shortly for some extra low end grunt.

Sanyo Z5 projector onto a 96" 16x9 screen....simply stunning PQ.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/IMG_0012.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/IMG_0013.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/IMG_0008.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...1/IMG_0006.jpg
post #355 of 40843 Old 01-05-2007, 03:27 PM

I was planning to buy a pair of HTD Level 3 bookshelf speakers to use as part of my PC's audio system, but they're backordered until March. The Klipsch RB-61 design seems a lot like the HTD L3, though the RB-61 is much more impressive looking. I'm thinking of getting a pair of cherry RB-61s, but can't find them anywhere in Atlanta. Does anyone know of an online reseller that carries Klipsch?
post #356 of 40843 Old 01-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Actually, the Yamaha's have a pretty solid following with Klipsch owners, specially the upper end Yammys, (same with Dennons). The old perception was that Yammy recievers were "bright", and that they lended the Klipsch, (whom some have already branded as having a bright sound), to have an even brighter, (read shrill), sound. This is something that buyers have to be very careful with Klipsch speakers. Klipsch is an extremely transparent speaker. Transparent enough that some folks see it as a fault. Feed a pair of Klipsch speakers a good, clean source of sound for music and the speakers will convey it in all it's glory. You will feel like you are right in the studio or concert with the performer. In all it's dynamic glory. But feed a pair of Klipsch a crappy sound source for music, and the speakers will do what it does best... also convey it in all its yucky glory. You will get out these speakers exactly what you put in them. Having said this, most users, (myself included), that have matted the new line of reference Klipsch to a Yamaha receiver have nothing but good things to say about them. And my Yammy is really a mid line model, not one of the higher end models. Still, it provides a fairly clean source for the speakers. The speakers are very efficient, so even a mid line model does the job. Now... if you want to really hear what a set of Klipsch can really do, feed it some clean power.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
post #357 of 40843 Old 01-05-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsBane View Post

Actually, the Yamaha's have a pretty solid following with Klipsch owners, specially the upper end Yammys, (same with Dennons). The old perception was that Yammy recievers were "bright", and that they lended the Klipsch, (whom some have already branded as having a bright sound), to have an even brighter, (read shrill), sound. This is something that buyers have to be very careful with Klipsch speakers. Klipsch is an extremely transparent speaker. Transparent enough that some folks see it as a fault. Feed a pair of Klipsch speakers a good, clean source of sound for music and the speakers will convey it in all it's glory. You will feel like you are right in the studio or concert with the performer. In all it's dynamic glory. But feed a pair of Klipsch a crappy sound source for music, and the speakers will do what it does best... also convey it in all its yucky glory. You will get out these speakers exactly what you put in them. Having said this, most users, (myself included), that have matted the new line of reference Klipsch to a Yamaha receiver have nothing but good things to say about them. And my Yammy is really a mid line model, not one of the higher end models. Still, it provides a fairly clean source for the speakers. The speakers are very efficient, so even a mid line model does the job. Now... if you want to really hear what a set of Klipsch can really do, feed it some clean power.

This is good to know. I just bought a Yamaha RX-V695 that I want to drive a pair of RB-61 bookshelves (if I can find them anywhere).
post #358 of 40843 Old 01-05-2007, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswriter View Post

This is good to know. I just bought a Yamaha RX-V695 that I want to drive a pair of RB-61 bookshelves (if I can find them anywhere).

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4086580
post #359 of 40843 Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone has the RS-42 surround speakers. What is the power rating on these speakers?
On the above webpage (JR's website) they are listed as having 150W RMS/600W Peak but on Klipsch's own webpage they have the RS-42 listed as 75W RMS/300W Peak. Can it really be that low or is JR incorrect? Thank you in advance.
post #360 of 40843 Old 01-07-2007, 01:30 PM

Thanks All , this is an excellent forum. I just bought some new F-3's and B-3's to start a Home Theater set.The price was right. I'm using a vintage SCOTT 355R stereo receiver that was given to me by a co-worker.
1. Priority is to get me a descent A/V receiver.I'm currently looking at Yamaha's RX-V1700 , Onkyo's TX SR804 ,Harman/kardon's AVR 645, Pioneer's VSX-82TXS or Denon AVR-3806. These models kinds of fits my budget(1K$ Canadian). Any comments on which would be a better quality/performance ratio would be appreciated.(Or any not mentioned models)I'm planning to use the system about 80-20/movies-music. I live in a small town so comparing systems is not an option.Video from a Panny Plasma 42" HDTV so HDMI comptatibility is a must.
2. Will the B-3's and F-3's be compatible if used with a C-3 center(did not get the S-3's).Room size is 15x20.BTW can't seem to find a place to buy a C-3 online so what other options do you recommend for a centre.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page