Klipsch owner thread - Page 1236 - AVS Forum
First ... 1234  1235  1236 1237  1238  ... Last
Speakers > Klipsch owner thread
MikeTV69's Avatar MikeTV69 02:18 AM 06-27-2014
Hey ... newbie here, but long time lurker. I'm in the market for a full on Klipsch 5.1 set. I've talked to a few of the guys at Klipsch and they say the Synergy series is being discontinued ... soon. I believe they are updating this into two and making an updated Reference series for early fall. Anyone have any confirmation or hear the same rumor? Thanks!

Mongo171's Avatar Mongo171 02:41 AM 06-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTV69 View Post
Hey ... newbie here, but long time lurker. I'm in the market for a full on Klipsch 5.1 set. I've talked to a few of the guys at Klipsch and they say the Synergy series is being discontinued ... soon. I believe they are updating this into two and making an updated Reference series for early fall. Anyone have any confirmation or hear the same rumor? Thanks!
What you have heard we have heard, also.
mpirnat's Avatar mpirnat 06:03 AM 06-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTV69 View Post
On a related note, I see that Amazon is going to have a lightning deal on the Synergy line in just a few hours (1pm EDT today).
Schwa's Avatar Schwa 10:51 AM 06-27-2014
The Synergy line's replacement (the new Reference "base" models) are coming out in July. The current Reference line will be sticking around a little longer.
Kini62's Avatar Kini62 03:39 PM 06-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
The Synergy line's replacement (the new Reference "base" models) are coming out in July. The current Reference line will be sticking around a little longer.
The reference "base" models are likely the current "00" series, RF600, RB60, RS400, RC500 etc...
Schwa's Avatar Schwa 03:48 PM 06-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
The reference "base" models are likely the current "00" series, RF600, RB60, RS400, RC500 etc...
Not true. Those are pretty clearly rebadged NOS Reference gen IV.

See for yourself over on the Klipsch forum.
dprice18af's Avatar dprice18af 03:51 PM 06-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Not true. Those are pretty clearly rebadged NOS Reference gen IV.

See for yourself over on the Klipsch forum.
That would be pretty awesome if it were true. From a manufacturing and supply standpoint it might make sense.
DaJoJo's Avatar DaJoJo 05:56 PM 06-27-2014
hopefully they come with new atmos ceiling and atmos front settop speakers. i be needing them soon as i'm planning to get this yammie a3040. http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products..._g/?mode=model
Louis Bartay's Avatar Louis Bartay 09:32 PM 06-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
hopefully they come with new atmos ceiling and atmos front settop speakers. i be needing them soon as i'm planning to get this yammie a3040. http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products..._g/?mode=model
Nice AVR wish I had the extra $$ for a upgrade. My older 2004 RX-V2400 7.1 (non HDMI) still works great(moved to bedroom system) as does my 2008 HD RX-V1900 7.1. Both have been played hard with no switching issues etc. I was reading about the new DAC Yamaha has gone too now. For many years they used Burr Brown DAC that was very clean.
DaJoJo's Avatar DaJoJo 10:13 PM 06-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
Nice AVR wish I had the extra $$ for a upgrade. My older 2004 RX-V2400 7.1 (non HDMI) still works great(moved to bedroom system) as does my 2008 HD RX-V1900 7.1. Both have been played hard with no switching issues etc. I was reading about the new DAC Yamaha has gone too now. For many years they used Burr Brown DAC that was very clean.
yeah i do have plenty of cash now that my dad has died (rather be poor and have my dad , but that wasn't an option) so that is no issue but i waited specially for this one. at first i wanted the a3030 but im happy i could resist and wait. my old rx-v461 firmware modded to a 463 still does a good job but it doesn't have hd sound or hmdi audio on its hdmi in- and outputs hence the need for a newer model. it works non-stop at very loud volume and still works fine since i got it. it is said that the burr brown 24bit has a tad more brighter highs then the sabre32. it performs pretty good though. besides the 32bit vs 24bit , sabre32 can do higher bitrates on the digital inputs. i need more digital inputs then my current yammie has also. i wanted a 7.1 setup but now that atmos is here (with a lot of movies supporting it comming years unlike 7.1) and auro-3D is not comming to the consumer market soon, i want to go for a dolby atmos setup, so i should be good with the a3040. hope to get some discount when i buy it end of the summer. if anything going to change and auro-3D becomes main-stream i can allways sell it for a good price later on
Tom Riddle's Avatar Tom Riddle 01:36 PM 06-28-2014
Just now getting a chance to read through the last few pages and I'm very intrigued by the blown tweeters topic. First I want to go over the available information, and please correct me if I have the facts incorrect. The tweeter on a RC-62 II was blown watching Lone Survivor at reference levels during the action scenes. The receiver is rated at 150 watts per channel - whether that is 2 channel driven or all is not stated - and the RC-62 II is rated at 150 watts RMS and 600 peak with a purported sensitivity of 97 db. With his MLP of 9' and all the other parameters listed true, he would need 113 watts to hit reference levels. Now, if the sensitivity level is any less than that, which I've seen some posted claims it is, then it jumps quite drastically. For instance, at 95 db sensitivity it would require 180 watts to hit reference.

So if all specs are accurate, the system would not be under or over powered and there shouldn't be a reason for the tweeters to be blown - pointing to a defective receiver. If specs are inaccurate, it would seem to point at an underpowered amplifier. I'm finding it hard to find an instance that would point to over amplification, but I'm no expert, so maybe someone else can explain.
coytee's Avatar coytee 02:41 PM 06-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post
Thinking about rocking a Jubilee L/C/R with the TD 4002 upgrade when I get back to the states in a few years. Don't want these guys chilling in storage the whole time.
Though waiting for your return to buy the Jubilee's might be a good idea, the TAD's can be hard to find. I don't know if a driver like that could sit in storage for a few years....but given how hard they are to find (with the original BE diaphragm), I'd be willing to buy a pair if I found them and have them stored. They are easy enough to move.

Best wishes on your journey!
DaJoJo's Avatar DaJoJo 05:57 PM 06-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
Just now getting a chance to read through the last few pages and I'm very intrigued by the blown tweeters topic. First I want to go over the available information, and please correct me if I have the facts incorrect. The tweeter on a RC-62 II was blown watching Lone Survivor at reference levels during the action scenes. The receiver is rated at 150 watts per channel - whether that is 2 channel driven or all is not stated - and the RC-62 II is rated at 150 watts RMS and 600 peak with a purported sensitivity of 97 db. With his MLP of 9' and all the other parameters listed true, he would need 113 watts to hit reference levels. Now, if the sensitivity level is any less than that, which I've seen some posted claims it is, then it jumps quite drastically. For instance, at 95 db sensitivity it would require 180 watts to hit reference.

So if all specs are accurate, the system would not be under or over powered and there shouldn't be a reason for the tweeters to be blown - pointing to a defective receiver. If specs are inaccurate, it would seem to point at an underpowered amplifier. I'm finding it hard to find an instance that would point to over amplification, but I'm no expert, so maybe someone else can explain.
very plausable. the avr was probably also in the >10% distortion area played at that volume together with the less then needed watts it supplied. however the amount of watts it been given it hardly could have been in the max excursion level of the tweeter, but it could be clipping.
psgcdn's Avatar psgcdn 06:56 PM 06-28-2014
Quote:
Just now getting a chance to read through the last few pages and I'm very intrigued by the blown tweeters topic. First I want to go over the available information, and please correct me if I have the facts incorrect. The tweeter on a RC-62 II was blown watching Lone Survivor at reference levels during the action scenes. The receiver is rated at 150 watts per channel - whether that is 2 channel driven or all is not stated - and the RC-62 II is rated at 150 watts RMS and 600 peak with a purported sensitivity of 97 db. With his MLP of 9' and all the other parameters listed true, he would need 113 watts to hit reference levels.
Isn't it 50W?
Quote:
Now, if the sensitivity level is any less than that, which I've seen some posted claims it is, then it jumps quite drastically. For instance, at 95 db sensitivity it would require 180 watts to hit reference.

Well, the tweeter certainly isn't rated for 50W. So I guess it depends on the spectrum of the content. And it might be easy to be above reference... Just thinking out loud.
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 08:54 PM 06-28-2014
Quote:

Man i've been wondering how the heck this happens I wonder if it's the receiver, what exactly could be defective that would cause tweeters to blow? I always thought the speakers had their own crossovers inside plus the receiver's crossover is set at 80HZ. By ear everything sounds very clear, so far with the new tweeter nothing else has blown. We've watched some more movies, played some music demos and been going through some new Xbox One games, so far so good. Here's something that's making me scratch my head and leaning towards your idea with the receiver being screwy. For the last 8 months the Denon 4520CI has been incredible with playback but after this latest tweeter incident I went to run Audyssey calibration after moving some speakers around and now the mic won't pick up the speakers level matching and distances, not even the subs. It shows some crazy numbers everytime I run it now. I did a hard reset on the receiver and still does it. Then i figured the calibration mic went bad so I ordered a new one. Same thing is happening. Man it's like how does it blow tweeters when it would always calibrate just fine before and now the audyssey cal does'nt work. Everything still sounds great but it's going to suck to have to have my setup down again to get the receiver looked at. It's like everything I buy no matter what brand or how expensive has some problem and I end up having to switch things out for the last year. I thought i was actually done with that finally lol
Tom Riddle's Avatar Tom Riddle 09:21 PM 06-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post
Isn't it 50W?

Well, the tweeter certainly isn't rated for 50W. So I guess it depends on the spectrum of the content. And it might be easy to be above reference... Just thinking out loud.
Per Klipsch's website, it is rated for 150 watts
Schwa's Avatar Schwa 09:23 PM 06-28-2014
Quote:
Per Klipsch's website, it is rated for 150 watts
The speaker is rated for 150 watts. The tweeter itself can't handle nearly that much power.
Louis Bartay's Avatar Louis Bartay 08:59 AM 06-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post
Man i've been wondering how the heck this happens I wonder if it's the receiver, what exactly could be defective that would cause tweeters to blow? I always thought the speakers had their own crossovers inside plus the receiver's crossover is set at 80HZ. By ear everything sounds very clear, so far with the new tweeter nothing else has blown. We've watched some more movies, played some music demos and been going through some new Xbox One games, so far so good. Here's something that's making me scratch my head and leaning towards your idea with the receiver being screwy. For the last 8 months the Denon 4520CI has been incredible with playback but after this latest tweeter incident I went to run Audyssey calibration after moving some speakers around and now the mic won't pick up the speakers level matching and distances, not even the subs. It shows some crazy numbers everytime I run it now. I did a hard reset on the receiver and still does it. Then i figured the calibration mic went bad so I ordered a new one. Same thing is happening. Man it's like how does it blow tweeters when it would always calibrate just fine before and now the audyssey cal does'nt work. Everything still sounds great but it's going to suck to have to have my setup down again to get the receiver looked at. It's like everything I buy no matter what brand or how expensive has some problem and I end up having to switch things out for the last year. I thought i was actually done with that finally lol
Read in the owners manual and see if the Denon has a "System Re-set". Just a thought as my neighbors Yamaha AVR was doing the same thing and he did a system re-set. You will lose all the room correction info but you were going to run it again anyway. I had a RC-62 and hammered it for years and never hurt it at "Reference" levels and my Yamaha RX-V1900. I would NOT play any movies that loud until you get the mic to work and re-run the Audyssey.
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru 05:44 PM 06-29-2014
So I reran Audyssey today after moving my speakers around a bit. For some reason, it now set my center channel xover at 150hz. Very strange, and it's never been that high before. Usually max 100, but occasionally 80.

The biggest difference I've made is is upping the angle of the center channel so it is more angled upward than before. I can't see how that would do it though. Does this mean perhaps I have a large null in my room somewhere? I'll be doing some room measurements when I have the time but I'm a little confused. I ran it with 5 or 6 measurements, multieq xt.
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru 05:44 PM 06-29-2014
So I reran Audyssey today after moving my speakers around a bit. For some reason, it now set my center channel xover at 150hz. Very strange, and it's never been that high before. Usually max 100, but occasionally 80.

The biggest difference I've made is is upping the angle of the center channel so it is more angled upward than before. I can't see how that would do it though. Does this mean perhaps I have a large null in my room somewhere? I'll be doing some room measurements when I have the time but I'm a little confused. I ran it with 5 or 6 measurements, multieq xt.
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 07:24 PM 06-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru View Post

I've seen Audyssey set speakers at different crossovers before but when most people end up keeping them all at 80hz it probably does'nt matter. Any reason for angling the center upwards? I know that the goal is to have the towers and center in an arc formation and all pointing straight towards your ears. How high off the ground does your center sit?
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru 09:39 PM 06-29-2014
Quote:
I've seen Audyssey set speakers at different crossovers before but when most people end up keeping them all at 80hz it probably does'nt matter. Any reason for angling the center upwards? I know that the goal is to have the towers and center in an arc formation and all pointing straight towards your ears. How high off the ground does your center sit?
The stand is only about 20" off the ground. When watching movies, it seemed like the sound was coming separate from the picture. Angling it up towards my ears helped it sound better and more in sync with the picture.

The issue is, if Audyssey is setting the xover at 150hz that means it is noticing the -3db rolloff at that point from the center speaker, from what I understand. Then, even if I manually set the xover to 80hz, for example, there will be a gap in the EQ from 80hz to 150hz on the center speaker and, more importantly, there is something causing the sound to drop off at that frequency.

That's how I understand it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 10:01 PM 06-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru View Post
The stand is only about 20" off the ground. When watching movies, it seemed like the sound was coming separate from the picture. Angling it up towards my ears helped it sound better and more in sync with the picture.

The issue is, if Audyssey is setting the xover at 150hz that means it is noticing the -3db rolloff at that point from the center speaker, from what I understand. Then, even if I manually set the xover to 80hz, for example, there will be a gap in the EQ from 80hz to 150hz on the center speaker and, more importantly, there is something causing the sound to drop off at that frequency.

That's how I understand it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

O.K. I see now, the center is sitting too low to hit your ears nicely and to be insync with the tv. Could you post a pic of the front of your setup just to see what your working with? After doing some rearranging, ive got my center sitting from 28in at the bottom to 36in and it's snug against the bottom of my tv. Now the dialogue sounds so good and like it's coming straight from the tv. I def see what your saying though because that's kinda what I was trying to fix too.
Louis Bartay's Avatar Louis Bartay 04:50 AM 06-30-2014
Quote:
I was reading about your Denon and it looks like there is a firmware upgrade for it. Did you re-set the system so the mic will work?
Blackmambakila's Avatar Blackmambakila 07:30 AM 06-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I was reading about your Denon and it looks like there is a firmware upgrade for it. Did you re-set the system so the mic will work?
Yeah I kept doing the full hard resets, does that erase updates? I remember when I first bought it I updated it but that was 8 months ago.
Louis Bartay's Avatar Louis Bartay 07:58 AM 06-30-2014
Quote:
Yeah I kept doing the full hard resets, does that erase updates? I remember when I first bought it I updated it but that was 8 months ago.
Does the mic work now? I am not sure if a system re-set defaults back to the original firmware. If the mic is still not working I would install the latest firmware and re-run Audyssey. If that does not work call Denon Repair Center and ask for a Tech Support. I learned this hard way with a Onkyo 805 I had. I finally got better Tech Support by looking up where the Repair Center for North America was and called them direct.
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 12:00 PM 06-30-2014
Look what I picked up yesterday...
Attached: DSC00529.jpg (186.8 KB)  DSC00525.jpg (195.5 KB) 
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 12:10 PM 06-30-2014
The RF7II's are an incredible speaker. The little time I have spent with them I am very very impressed. They have a huge sound and are effortless. I noticed right away with music that I had to back off on the MV compared to my RF62II's. If there is anyone out there that's on a limb about stepping up to the 7's and that already owns the 62's or 82's I am saying don't hesitate. The 7's are that good. I use to always listen to music in 5.1 Dolby PLII. With these 7's I like 2 channel way better now.
retro124's Avatar retro124 12:21 PM 06-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
The RF7II's are an incredible speaker. The little time I have spent with them I am very very impressed. They have a huge sound and are effortless. I noticed right away with music that I had to back off on the MV compared to my RF62II's. If there is anyone out there that's on a limb about stepping up to the 7's and that already owns the 62's or 82's I am saying don't hesitate. The 7's are that good. I use to always listen to music in 5.1 Dolby PLII. With these 7's I like 2 channel way better now.
It is really that big step up, you think even from RF-82II's? I'm sure they are amazing. From price point I understand it it is a big step $$$ so I'm just wondering in let say regular size room 18x18 if you really can feel different that much, if I counting all around subs and rest of the system.
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 12:52 PM 06-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
It is really that big step up, you think even from RF-82II's? I'm sure they are amazing. From price point I understand it it is a big step $$$ so I'm just wondering in let say regular size room 18x18 if you really can feel different that much, if I counting all around subs and rest of the system.
Well I've never heard the 82's but I can't imagine them being that much of a step up from the 62's. Yes the 7's are huge in size and sound. They are that much better. My room is 19 x 13 so not very big. I have no intentions on upgrading and I smell a sign of relief after getting the 7's.
Tags: belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black
First ... 1234  1235  1236 1237  1238  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop