Klipsch owner thread - Page 1240 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #37171 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Do a search for RF-82 MSRP...you'll find about $1098 was MSRP...

MSRP for all you mentioned about $2300, give or take.

He might take $1200, but you gotta go listen, prepared to offer cash; take a large friend...

Remember, NO Warranty on used Klipsch...
SanchoPanza is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #37172 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Gotcha. Thanks for the help. I think I will pass on this set up!

I'm now curious about going with Klipsch for my set up, I like the look of them and they aren't so crazy expensive that I can't pull it. I was planning on spending around $1500-$1750 on my set up (I already have receiver)...would that be doable for new stuff?
2 or 3 phone calls & I think you can buy that same set-up, NEW.

Remember, CALL ready to BUY if you get the deal you want. On-line or e-mails won't turn the trick.

Try jdsmoothie with AVS Sales; he's a well known & respected member here at AVS.
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #37173 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Member
 
ocelittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
2 or 3 phone calls & I think you can buy that same set-up, NEW.

Remember, CALL ready to BUY if you get the deal you want. On-line or e-mails won't turn the trick.

Try jdsmoothie with AVS Sales; he's a well known & respected member here at AVS.
Well then. I'm about 4-5 weeks out from buying (We close escrow at the end of the month and get possession of the keys on the 10th of August). We'll need some time to get settled and then figure out what we're doing. But to get something like that NEW would be crazy...I'm intrigued.

Last edited by ocelittle; 07-05-2014 at 04:37 PM.
ocelittle is offline  
post #37174 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,098
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out here...
I'm about to move into a new house and I'm building a small theater. Right now I have some junky 5.1 Onkyo stuff I bought 5 years ago and am going to upgrade soon. I've been looking at the Infinity Primus stuff because the price is always so low, but I saw this on CL today and hoped you could help me.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/4549157179.html
Obviously these are much higher quality than the IP stuff, but I noticed that these are the older models (Not II) so I don't know how they stack up for that price?
Thanks guys!
http://www.sounddistributors.com/buy...=2422&crid=250 2x RF-82II cherry $999
http://www.sounddistributors.com/buy...d=668&crid=242 open box RC-62II cherry $425
http://www.sounddistributors.com/buy...d=673&crid=248 2xRS-52II black 2x$425
total $2274
if u go to avs and call they probably make a lot better price for u.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
DaJoJo is offline  
post #37175 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 498
^^^ the above may be as good as you'll get; Who knows?
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #37176 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 498
You can always counter with I have $1750 to spend, what can you do for me?
Louis Bartay likes this.
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #37177 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

I doubt he'd want to go that low with them, he said it was flexible. Reading this thread:

Definitive Technology SuperCube I

Makes me think that I could do better for a Subwoofer as well.

Just curious, why that particular number? These are all the older models so it's hard to even price them out properly.
If you see the mid to late 90's Klipsch KLF-20/30X 4 and C7 center for $1,000.00 GO for them........ $500.00 gets a good decent sub and if you have a small room a 500 watt sub will make Blurays pop with a 120 wpc AVR. Don't get in a Hurry with that $1,500.00 you will find someone who is out of a job etc and find a "Deal" but look every day and be ready to be 1st one with cash in hand. Used RF-83 or RF-7 as the RF-7II are more expensive. Get the best fronts you can afford and build around them. My Cornwalls were purchased new in 1979 and I have had several different rears and center for HT over the years but I still have the Cornwall fronts. Go Big on the fronts if go with buying used and and from several different sellers. YMMV Good Luck
Louis
Reference_head likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Louis Bartay is offline  
post #37178 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Member
 
ocelittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
You can always counter with I have $1750 to spend, what can you do for me?
It's just some guy selling his stuff, I don't think there's much he can do for me other than sell the stuff. I'm sure he would take $1750...my question was more "Was this worth it?", being that they are I-series speakers. It sounds like it is probably not.
ocelittle is offline  
post #37179 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,098
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
You can always counter with I have $1750 to spend, what can you do for me?
good point. i got 550€ discount on my set and 360€ less for the 64II center, so i'm sure he can get the set for at least $500 less then sale price.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
DaJoJo is offline  
post #37180 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
It's just some guy selling his stuff, I don't think there's much he can do for me other than sell the stuff. I'm sure he would take $1750...my question was more "Was this worth it?", being that they are I-series speakers. It sounds like it is probably not.
I had a dealer in mind with that statement; still think the others are worth around $1200.

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #37181 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Member
 
ocelittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
I had a dealer in mind with that statement; still think the others are worth around $1200.
Oh! I apologize.
ocelittle is offline  
post #37182 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,098
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
It's just some guy selling his stuff, I don't think there's much he can do for me other than sell the stuff. I'm sure he would take $1750...my question was more "Was this worth it?", being that they are I-series speakers. It sounds like it is probably not.
it's not. for the price u can get II-series 2nd hand for sure.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
DaJoJo is offline  
post #37183 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,428
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 911
If you're in Vegas, Schu knows a guy who can hook you up. All we need is for Schu to pop in.
Mongo171 is online now  
post #37184 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,030
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help me out here...

I'm about to move into a new house and I'm building a small theater. Right now I have some junky 5.1 Onkyo stuff I bought 5 years ago and am going to upgrade soon. I've been looking at the Infinity Primus stuff because the price is always so low, but I saw this on CL today and hoped you could help me.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/4549157179.html

Obviously these are much higher quality than the IP stuff, but I noticed that these are the older models (Not II) so I don't know how they stack up for that price?

Thanks guys!
Not a good deal. Stay away

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and Heresy II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
post #37185 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,030
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 722
Supercube1 sold new for 600. List is 1200. The stats on it are really bs. I had the sub and its not bad but for the same money you can get better at svs.
Louis Bartay and cchunter like this.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and Heresy II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels

Last edited by Reference_head; 07-05-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Reference_head is offline  
post #37186 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Member
 
ocelittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
If you're in Vegas, Schu knows a guy who can hook you up. All we need is for Schu to pop in.
I am indeed in Vegas. I don't know who Schu is but I like the sound of this!
ocelittle is offline  
post #37187 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,098
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
I am indeed in Vegas. I don't know who Schu is but I like the sound of this!
get klipsch hometheater first and save some money to get a SVS later on like reference mentioned. the bass of the rf-82II is pretty good for the time that u don't have a sub. the svs is on a whole nother level though.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
DaJoJo is offline  
post #37188 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,428
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
I am indeed in Vegas. I don't know who Schu is but I like the sound of this!
I went to high school in Vegas. Clark, 83.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra (Big Bada Boom); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
Mongo171 is online now  
post #37189 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Member
 
ocelittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
get klipsch hometheater first and save some money to get a SVS later on like reference mentioned. the bass of the rf-82II is pretty good for the time that u don't have a sub. the svs is on a whole nother level though.
Keep in mind that I'm coming from this:



So I'm sure the Klipsch sub would be MORE than fine. If I can get a 5.1 for $1750 Klipsch I will be stoked.
ocelittle is offline  
post #37190 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Member
 
ocelittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
I went to high school in Vegas. Clark, 83.
I'm an import, only been here 6 years.
ocelittle is offline  
post #37191 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,098
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
speaking of the svs.. i still have a hard time to decide wether i should take the PB13ultra or the PC13ultra .. bass extension from the PB is below 20hz flat while the PC is a bit above 20hz.. i really like loud bass but i like the footprint of the PC better.. anyone that can tell me i really should take the PB and a reason why ?

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
DaJoJo is offline  
post #37192 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,098
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Keep in mind that I'm coming from this:


So I'm sure the Klipsch sub would be MORE than fine. If I can get a 5.1 for $1750 Klipsch I will be stoked.
lol u be blown away by the klipsch.. nevertheless, if you want to do it, do it right the first time and save urselfs from doubting later on.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
DaJoJo is offline  
post #37193 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Member
 
ocelittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
lol u be blown away by the klipsch.. nevertheless, if you want to do it, do it right the first time and save urselfs from doubting later on.
Well I'll return when I have the keys to my place and I'm ready to buy. But I ready for Klipsch...my interest in the Primus Infinity stuff has dropped hard.
ocelittle is offline  
post #37194 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,098
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Well I'll return when I have the keys to my place and I'm ready to buy. But I ready for Klipsch...my interest in the Primus Infinity stuff has dropped hard.
yeah it gets u time to think this through and make a good decision for urselfs. most definatly u gonna be happy with the klipsch and a svs sub. mind that u need to enjoy it for the comming decade so there is no reason to not do it right and be done with it.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
DaJoJo is offline  
post #37195 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,428
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
speaking of the svs.. i still have a hard time to decide wether i should take the PB13ultra or the PC13ultra .. bass extension from the PB is below 20hz flat while the PC is a bit above 20hz.. i really like loud bass but i like the footprint of the PC better.. anyone that can tell me i really should take the PB and a reason why ?
They make good end tables? Vibrating chair? Blow dry your hair? ...scratching head...Use it as a stool? Keep your ankles cool?

The PB has a little more extension, little more output. These are measurable. Audible??? With my PVC ears, I probably couldn't tell the difference. YMMV.

I love my cylinder. Maybe ignorance is bliss since I haven't heard a PB.
DaJoJo likes this.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra (Big Bada Boom); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
Mongo171 is online now  
post #37196 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,098
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
They make good end tables? Vibrating chair? Blow dry your hair? ...scratching head...Use it as a stool? Keep your ankles cool?
The PB has a little more extension, little more output. These are measurable. Audible??? With my PVC ears, I probably couldn't tell the difference. YMMV.
I love my cylinder. Maybe ignorance is bliss since I haven't heard a PB.
LMAO
funny as it is, u have good points there. i didn't think of it making it a end table, good idea. i could use it as the base of a nice cabinet too or put it on my fridge. hairdryer is difficult coz the ports are on the ground and my yammie sw800 sub is really champion at that, it dries ur hair and help one stop smoking as it can blow out a lighter at 5m distance. i could use the PC as scratchpole for my cat. svs said that the difference is not that audible, so that is not a good excuse to spend 200€ more. but yeah im still doubting and i'm in not so much hurry to buy one. good thing is coz of me waiting to buy, the svs dealer (lsound.eu) has free shipping now,

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
DaJoJo is offline  
post #37197 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Member
 
ocelittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
yeah it gets u time to think this through and make a good decision for urselfs. most definatly u gonna be happy with the klipsch and a svs sub. mind that u need to enjoy it for the comming decade so there is no reason to not do it right and be done with it.
Absolutely. I appreciate the help from everyone!
DaJoJo likes this.
ocelittle is offline  
post #37198 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Schu & Vegas is a great tip.

You'll save shipping that way...
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #37199 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
http://www.sounddistributors.com/buy...=2422&crid=250 2x RF-82II cherry $999
http://www.sounddistributors.com/buy...d=668&crid=242 open box RC-62II cherry $425
http://www.sounddistributors.com/buy...d=673&crid=248 2xRS-52II black 2x$425
total $2274
if u go to avs and call they probably make a lot better price for u.
CALL Sound Distributors and you will ALWAYS get a better price than any of the prices posted on their website. I got my A-stock 2x RF-7IIs and RC-64II for less than the B-stock prices shown on the website. Plus, both Sound Distributors and Acoustic Sound Design are in Las Vegas so this should be a no-brainer for the OP.
Schwa is offline  
post #37200 of 43500 Old 07-05-2014, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,098
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
CALL Sound Distributors and you will ALWAYS get a better price than any of the prices posted on their website. I got my A-stock 2x RF-7IIs and RC-64II for less than the B-stock prices shown on the website. Plus, both Sound Distributors and Acoustic Sound Design are in Las Vegas so this should be a no-brainer for the OP.
that was what i was trying to say. yup thats why i looked that up for him as he is in vegas and so is the SD.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040, YST-SW800 Sub 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz / SVS PB13-Ultra 1000W 14-200hz
Audioquest 1.6mm wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV+evo 2014 / Sony Playstation 3/ AC PlayonHD2
DaJoJo is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off