Klipsch owner thread - Page 1242 - AVS Forum
First ... 1240  1241  1242 1243  1244  ... Last
Speakers > Klipsch owner thread
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 04:31 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Think of those who'll replace they ;-) old stinky Heresy, et Cetera, with these NEW Reference & sell the old stuff on Craig's List...
Haha I call Bull $#!T. I'd be more than happy to keep the old stinky speakers

retro124's Avatar retro124 04:50 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
Have you called mike here at avs. 585-671-2968 . Im sure he will do at least 70% $595
I talked with Mike before so I call him and $283 each + shipping $75 for pair. It is also pretty nice price.

Price is lowes withou shipping for sure, shipping cost is confusing it is why you saw it before cheaper probably, thanks for help.
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru 04:53 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

I doubt he'd want to go that low with them, he said it was flexible. Reading this thread:

Definitive Technology SuperCube I

Makes me think that I could do better for a Subwoofer as well.

Just curious, why that particular number? These are all the older models so it's hard to even price them out properly.
You could buy brand new, version ii for less than 2k (without a sub). So his price is way too high.
ocelittle's Avatar ocelittle 04:54 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru View Post
You could buy brand new, version ii for less than 2k (without a sub). So his price is way too high.
That's what it sounds like. Though I will need a sub when I buy. I told him no
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru 04:57 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
Here's the Best Buy Link for their NEW Reference line in English:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/kl...wX6l15VZfI3z3g
I feel like this diminished the image of the whole reference level. The copper woofers were the distinctive look reserved for the more expensive speakers. Now the bottom of the line have them - I don't like it. They are basically rebadged versions of the older speakers, as has been mentioned.
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head 05:04 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I talked with Mike before so I call him and $283 each + shipping $75 for pair. It is also pretty nice price.

Price is lowes withou shipping for sure, shipping cost is confusing it is why you saw it before cheaper probably, thanks for help.
That really surprises me. Avs are said to have good prices and that is not a good price. 75 shipping is a joke .

I never got a price from avs but heard they good prices on klipsch. Guess I heard wrong. As far as ASD I'm tempted to call them right now and ask how the price went up $100. 70% of retail for klipsch reference is standard pricing. Anything below that would be a good to great deal. The cost on these to the dealers is 50%. So they have a lot of room.
retro124's Avatar retro124 05:12 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
That really surprises me. Avs are said to have good prices and that is not a good price. 75 shipping is a joke .

I never got a price from avs but heard they good prices. Guess I heard wrong. As far as ASD I'm tempted to call them right now and ask how the price went up $100. 70% of retail for klipsch reference is standard pricing. Anything below that would be a good to great deal. They cost on these to the dealers is 50%. So they have a lot of room.
Well I know but is what they said.

Mike said now RS-52 283, RS-62 399

I also asked about some front height so RB-61 360 (pair) and RB-81 281

All plus shipping he have to request shipping cost so but he said shipping will be around that.

You know RS-52II msrp is $425 so 70% is $297.50 is is below 70%.
So it is still a nice deal don't you think?
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head 06:18 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
Well I know but is what they said.

Mike said now RS-52 283, RS-62 399

I also asked about some front height so RB-61 360 (pair) and RB-81 281

All plus shipping he have to request shipping cost so but he said shipping will be around that.

You know RS-52II msrp is $425 so 70% is $297.50 is is below 70%.
So it is still a nice deal don't you think?
Yes but the shipping kills it. I mean its not a bad deal or anything. Just not what I expected. You can find used rs62 for that price. I would go that way if it was me. When I helped my friend get his system going we found some great deals (like rf82 for 225 for the pair used). But like you we could not find the RS for a good deal used so we ordered new. Right after he bought them a bunch of rs62 came around for the same price used lol.
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head 06:20 PM 07-06-2014
If you want new I would wait tell all the new stuff comes out and these RS go on clearance.
Schwa's Avatar Schwa 06:49 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
If you want new I would wait tell all the new stuff comes out and these RS go on clearance.
Maybe, but with the new stuff right around the corner, I'd be really surprised if Klipsch is still producing Ref II speakers (except maybe the RF-7II and RC-64II). If you wait too long, you run the risk of not being able to get what you want BNIB.

In other words, if it were me (and considering I just bought a pair of RB-81IIs for front heights, it was) and you can get ~70% off, I'd buy now. I personally really didn't want to risk having to mix-and-match Ref II speakers with newer stuff, and I still need one more pair of RS-62IIs (long story).
retro124's Avatar retro124 06:59 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
Yes but the shipping kills it. I mean its not a bad deal or anything. Just not what I expected. You can find used rs62 for that price. I would go that way if it was me. When I helped my friend get his system going we found some great deals (like rf82 for 225 for the pair used). But like you we could not find the RS for a good deal used so we ordered new. Right after he bought them a bunch of rs62 came around for the same price used lol.
Yes you are right shipping kills a good deal. I know it is always like that, you can't find good deal so you order a new one and then god deal show up, it is typical situation. Truth is RS is always hard to find not like Towers or center. I will give it a try for $520 used shipped and I will see. I want to buy another pair of RS-52II's and front height probably RB-81II's and like Schwa said can be little risky to wait so long.
retro124's Avatar retro124 09:28 PM 07-06-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I use this seller for he also has a lot of cool connectors http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-NEW-Nakam...item2a3f7d1f7a

I used these on the back of my vintage Cornwalls so I could use banana plugs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Banana-...item2a3fa6e32e
I just bought them. I bought today surrounds RS-52II's and I never had banana plugs before so I give it a try. They looks good and will be easier to play with wires. Thanks.
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head 12:48 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
I just bought them. I bought today surrounds RS-52II's and I never had banana plugs before so I give it a try. They looks good and will be easier to play with wires. Thanks.
You got them then? Congrats!
Louis Bartay's Avatar Louis Bartay 03:41 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
One of the other Klipsch owners here sent me this link months ago. I have two systems(bedroom) and purchased the more expensive Sewell banana plugs before I found these and these work just as good and I saved some $$. Enjoy the surrounds.
markeight's Avatar markeight 05:59 AM 07-07-2014
Hi guys, i'm looking for an advice...
i have a pair of this http://www.klipsch.com/b-2-bookshelf-speaker/details connected to an old technics amp that's in turn connected to the rca out of a plasma tv, i use them to enanche the quality of sound coming from the tv.
I'm wondering if a dac like the Fiio D03K could give me better result.
I could connect it with the digital out of the tv, and than with rca to the amp.
Would this improve something or it's almost useless in your opinion?
retro124's Avatar retro124 07:09 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
You got them then? Congrats!
Thank you for help yesterday, very excited about them, yes I bought them, guy said they are like new so sign of used speaker, Paypal verify his confirmed status so I'm protected, we will see.
Mark was also very helpful yesterday over phone he said 52's will be perfect because they are close to my MLP so he said no reason to get 62's. We also talked about front height's speakers so he give me some ideas what to do, of course he did not forgot mention if I will do Dolby Atmos later on and I start thinking OMG another project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
One of the other Klipsch owners here sent me this link months ago. I have two systems(bedroom) and purchased the more expensive Sewell banana plugs before I found these and these work just as good and I saved some $$. Enjoy the surrounds.

When I replace my Klipsch from Synergy to Reference line I look for those but I find on Amazon some but never purchase them. Then I played a lot of time with wires and with those it will be much easier and look better. Then DaJoJo and you post those so I like them so why not to try it a specially for that price.
Thanks for link.
retro124's Avatar retro124 07:18 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeight View Post
Hi guys, i'm looking for an advice...
i have a pair of this http://www.klipsch.com/b-2-bookshelf-speaker/details connected to an old technics amp that's in turn connected to the rca out of a plasma tv, i use them to enanche the quality of sound coming from the tv.
I'm wondering if a dac like the Fiio D03K could give me better result.
I could connect it with the digital out of the tv, and than with rca to the amp.
Would this improve something or it's almost useless in your opinion?
I think, Fiio is a converter so you will lose digital quality sound and it will be stereo sound so no improvement.
Can you get chapter maybe used AVR with a digital connection like optical? Then sound will be better and you can later on add maybe more speakers. Used AVR with a digital connections are not very expensive in those days.If you can get AVR with HDMI it will be the best for sound.
markeight's Avatar markeight 07:24 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
I think, Fiio is a converter so you will lose digital quality sound and it will be stereo sound so no improvement.
Can you get chapter maybe used AVR with a digital connection like optical? Then sound will be better and you can later on add maybe more speakers. Used AVR with a digital connections are not very expensive in those days.If you can get AVR with HDMI it will be the best for sound.
Wait wait wait, for the moment i'm not interested in home theater systems or such things, stereo audio is enough for me
what i don't understand is if a dac can represent an improvement in audio quality if compared to the rca connection on a tv...
Rendermandan's Avatar Rendermandan 07:42 AM 07-07-2014
Hey guys, I am considering purchasing my first set of Klipsch speakers for my home theater today. I demoed them in the store the other day. It's so hard to tell what the sound like in the store. So I figured I would pick them up and try them out at home. I keep hearing that they are bright and some people find them harsh in the ears. What exactly does this mean? Also, how much break in time do they need?

I will be using these mostly for movies and gaming. Not much music listening.

Currently, I have an SVS PB-2000 sub, A really old dcm center channel and 8" three way sony bookshelves for the fronts. Obviously why I'm upgrading...

Here is what I'm planning in getting.
RC-62 II Center Speaker. $440
And two RB-81 II Bookshelf Speaker. For. $350 each.

Do these prices sound like a good deal? I am able to pick these up this afternoon, so hats why I need the quick response.

Thanks in advance!
retro124's Avatar retro124 07:48 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
Wait wait wait, for the moment i'm not interested in home theater systems or such things, stereo audio is enough for me
what i don't understand is if a dac can represent an improvement in audio quality if compared to the rca connection on a tv...
Well I just don't think Fiio D03K will improve sound quality it is why I said get older AVR receiver with optical or HDMi inputs and that will improve sound quality even if you want to stay Stereo only but then you have option to add speakers IF you want you don't have to can stay stereo only.

Receiver like this will improve sound quality a specially if your TV have HDMi

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DENON-AVR-E2...item56671ca3a8
retro124's Avatar retro124 07:57 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendermandan View Post
Hey guys, I am considering purchasing my first set of Klipsch speakers for my home theater today. I demoed them in the store the other day. It's so hard to tell what the sound like in the store. So I figured I would pick them up and try them out at home. I keep hearing that they are bright and some people find them harsh in the ears. What exactly does this mean? Also, how much break in time do they need?

Currently, I have an SVS PB-2000 sub, A really old dcm center channel and 8" three way sony bookshelves for the fronts. Obviously why I'm upgrading...

Do these prices sound like a good deal? I am able to pick these up this afternoon, so hats why I need the quick response.

Thanks in advance!
Just yesterday I was looking for prices for Klipsch speakers. Your prices are high for sure, you can get a better deal.

Call Mike and ask him for prices AVS authorized Klipsch Dealer 585-671-2968

This is what I have been looking for yesterday:

Mike said now RS-52 $283, RS-62 $399

I also asked about some front height so RB-61 $360 (pair) and RB-81 $281

You can get center also cheaper I think just call him.

All plus shipping no tax.
Mongo171's Avatar Mongo171 08:03 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
Your receiver is putting out analog on the RCA cables. With a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter), the analog will go through an ADC (Analog to Digital Converter)then through another DAC and output as analog. You more than likely will get worse sound due to the extra conversion step that is not necessary and will be a waste of money.
jugger's Avatar jugger 08:08 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post
If it is in good condition, absolutely buy it. I paid just under that for mine. Prior to my RSW-15, I had a single Velodyne HGS15 (15" sub with 1250 rms / 3000 peak amp). The Velodyne sounded great but I just didn't "feel" the bass like I wanted to in my 13' x 19' with 10' ceiling room. I purchased a second HGS15 and now I was feeling it as well as hearing it. I had the opportunity to buy an RSW-15 in Maple finish for $350 so I jumped on it, knowing I could always sell it if it did not sound as good as the HGS15's.

After setting up the RSW-15, I sold one Velodyne HGS15 and after a month I realized I had turned off the other Velodyne HGS15 so it was then I realized the single RSW-15 performed as well as (2) Velodyne HGS15's. It's truly an amazing sub.

I later purchased a pair of Klipsch RT-10d subs and they too did not perform as well as a single RSW-15. The RSW-15 is a very large sub. I had no idea how deep it was until I brought it home. To give you a size reference, below are pics of it next to a pair of RT-10d and RF-83's.

Well I picked up the RSW-15 and very happy I did so. This thing is a monster and digs much deeper than the RW-12d subs that I have now. I can only imagine what a SVS 13 ultra would do. I can now feel my entire room being pressurizing so much that I find myself trying to pop my ears like I was climbing in elevation on a plane. I have a new problem with the doors in my room pushing in and out when they are closed and rattling. I'm still not going to get rid of the RW-12d subs as I have those behind the couch pounding on the backs of people that sit there.

I do have one question about the correct orientation of this sub. It seems the active woofer is at the back of the box. Will it make a difference if I point the active woofer into the room? If not, how far should it be from the wall if I point it towards the wall?

I have the RSW-15 at 180 degrees, one RW-12d at 0 degrees and the other at 90 degrees. Is this correct?
Mongo171's Avatar Mongo171 08:12 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendermandan View Post

Thanks in advance!
Bright and harsh are the way some people hear Klipsch speakers. The speakers are extremely efficient and can be bright and sound harsh in the upper freq range. While that is true, the electronics you hook up to the speakers also play a role into how harsh or bright the speakers sound. Some people have a warm sound with their setup.
Rendermandan's Avatar Rendermandan 08:19 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Bright and harsh are the way some people hear Klipsch speakers. The speakers are extremely efficient and can be bright and sound harsh in the upper freq range. While that is true, the electronics you hook up to the speakers also play a role into how harsh or bright the speakers sound. Some people have a warm sound with their setup.
Hmmm ok. I'm using a pioneer VSX-1022K receiver. All the more reason to just bring them home and try them out, as long as I can return them if I don't like them.
markeight's Avatar markeight 08:24 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
Your receiver is putting out analog on the RCA cables. With a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter), the analog will go through an ADC (Analog to Digital Converter)then through another DAC and output as analog. You more than likely will get worse sound due to the extra conversion step that is not necessary and will be a waste of money.
sorry but i don't understand this...

If i connect my tv to the dac with digital connection (toslink) it should send a digital audio to the DAC that will convert it to analog.

If i connect the tv rca directly to my amp than it's the tv itself that convert the signal to analog.

Where am i wrong?
SanchoPanza's Avatar SanchoPanza 08:29 AM 07-07-2014
You're right; but, the upside of doing so will yield little, if any, improvement.

Save the money you'd spend on that toward an AVR.
Mongo171's Avatar Mongo171 08:31 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
sorry but i don't understand this...

If i connect my tv to the dac with digital connection (toslink) it should send a digital audio to the DAC that will convert it to analog.

If i connect the tv rca directly to my amp than it's the tv itself that convert the signal to analog.

Where am i wrong?
So, you are using your TV as the source? Usually people have sources GOING to the TV.

TV Toslink > DAC > Analog output.

TV RCA > Analog output.
youthman's Avatar youthman 08:34 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugger View Post
Well I picked up the RSW-15 and very happy I did so. This thing is a monster and digs much deeper than the RW-12d subs that I have now. I can only imagine what a SVS 13 ultra would do. I can now feel my entire room being pressurizing so much that I find myself trying to pop my ears like I was climbing in elevation on a plane. I have a new problem with the doors in my room pushing in and out when they are closed and rattling. I'm still not going to get rid of the RW-12d subs as I have those behind the couch pounding on the backs of people that sit there.

I do have one question about the correct orientation of this sub. It seems the active woofer is at the back of the box. Will it make a difference if I point the active woofer into the room? If not, how far should it be from the wall if I point it towards the wall?

I have the RSW-15 at 180 degrees, one RW-12d at 0 degrees and the other at 90 degrees. Is this correct?
Congrats on the purchase. I was confident you would love the RSW-15. I believe the RSW-15 was designed to have the active fire against the wall and the passive to fire into the room.

Just for fun, here is a pic of the inside of an RSW-15

markeight's Avatar markeight 08:38 AM 07-07-2014
Quote:
So, you are using your TV as the source? Usually people have sources GOING to the TV.
Yes i just want to improve the audio coming from the tv, to see some films or things like that...

Quote:
TV Toslink > DAC > Analog output.

TV RCA > Analog output.
Exactly. Which one could give me better results assuming the Fiio D03K as the Dac?

Quote:
You're right; but, the upside of doing so will yield little, if any, improvement.

Save the money you'd spend on that toward an AVR.
Thank you for the advice, i always read that the dac is really important but probably in my case it isn't than...
Tags: belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black
First ... 1240  1241  1242 1243  1244  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop