AVS Forum banner
5M views 61K replies 4K participants last post by  drh3b 
#1 ·
Let here from all the Klipsch owners. Likes or dislikes about Klipsch? I update a lot of my equipment in the last few months. I have the RF-83 mains, RC-64 center,RF-82 rears and Infinity SM152 for the back speakers. Veloydne DLS-5000 and a Klipsch KSW-200 for subs. A Sony STR-DA7100ES receiver,Sony 60"SXRD,Sony DVP-NS90V DVD, Sony SLV-676UC VCR,Sony MDP-33 laserdisc,Philips CD770 CD recorder, JVC XV-S65 DVD, JVC TD-W660 cassette, JVC XL-M700 multi cd, JVC AL-F350 turn table, Fisher CAV875 video switcher, JVC HM-DSR100U DVHS dish, Xbox 360, Motorola cable box. My room size is 16x18. Over all I am very happy with the whole system. The Rf-83 turned out to very fine speaker little less in the bass than I would like, but the mid and high are great. The Veloydne fill the gap nicely. I like lot of base in my system. The RC-64 is a kick but center speaker, very large in size but great sound for dialogue. It is the best center I ever heard. The RF-82 are not as refined as the FR-83 but very nice for the price. The DLS-5000 is a bargain for the price you can buy them for. Looks like they range from 600-800 online. Plenty of volume , but it doesn't go as low in frequency as the more expensive subs. In the future I will look at the new Klipsch subs along with SVS,Earthquake, or another Veloydne. Driving all this is the Sony 7100ES that I am totaly happy with. This whole system is incredibly loud.

See less See more
#24,841 ·
Afaik on the Klipsch forum in the huge Epic CF thread Bob said that they are doing the crossovers for them but it would only be necessary if they are broken.

Here are pictures of my Epic CF3 V1.

I recently toed them in to a full 45 degrees and really like what I am hearing. Imaging and stage have improved a lot. I read an article from PWK who recommened to toe-in Klipsch speakers at 45 degrees. Does anyone else toe-in that much?

#24,842 ·
Toe mine in as much as it takes to point to the MLP (Moi listening Position)

#24,844 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjennings2510  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/24840#post_23634397

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to hear them first! You won't be disappointed when you get them setup in your house! Especially when you sit down and watch your first movie on them

As long as I can see the screen...lol

#24,845 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/24840#post_23635141

I toe all of my speakers in so that I am looking down the throats of the horn tweeters.

Yes that's what I used to do but it was not 45 degrees. Now I toed them in even more and I really like it so far. I have a clear center stage AND can distiguish left and right sounds even more (to my suprise!).

#24,846 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/24840#post_23634992

Afaik on the Klipsch forum in the huge Epic CF thread Bob said that they are doing the crossovers for them but it would only be necessary if they are broken.

I recently toed them in to a full 45 degrees and really like what I am hearing. Imaging and stage have improved a lot. I read an article from PWK who recommened to toe-in Klipsch speakers at 45 degrees. Does anyone else toe-in that much?

Awesome room
nice job

#24,848 ·

Quote:

Nice room. I will have to try to toe mine in more. Currently it's about 20 degree. Can you post the link to the PWK article? Thanks.

#24,851 ·

Quote:

That's the default on Klipschorns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/24840#post_23635141

I toe all of my speakers in so that I am looking down the throats of the horn tweeters.

That too. It's why we need wide rooms! I sit as far front the front wall (10 feet) as half the room width (20 feet).

#24,852 ·

Quote:

Very Nice Room Nima !

the degree of toe is dependent on the type/style of the horn

Klipsch has used many different types of horns all have different dispersion patterns .

the horn in your CF3 is not the same style as the horn referred to in your posted paper by PWK

#24,853 ·
So all this talk about toeing in makes me wonder about in wall speakers. They're not toed, right? Or do some installations actually toe them?

#24,854 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/24840#post_23635894

So all this talk about toeing in makes me wonder about in wall speakers. They're not toed, right? Or do some installations actually toe them?
some are able to toe-in to a limited degree , some no toe-in at all

Before the fact , in-walls are great when your building a HT from the ground up as then you can plan their angles of attack as a 1st consideration in designing the room , after the fact it's hard to place in optimal positions .

#24,855 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys  /t/680426/klipsch-owner-thread/24840#post_23635740

Nice room. I will have to try to toe mine in more. Currently it's about 20 degree. Can you post the link to the PWK article? Thanks.

There is a reason for the heavy toe in with constant directivity speakers: http://www.pispeakers.com/Pi_Speakers_Info.pdf

#24,860 ·
There is a Link to the Forum, won't open, but it is there.