Klipsch owner thread - Page 1244 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #37291 of 37312 Old 07-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Tonight is RS-52II's night ,
Hey guys, my new surrounds arrived today , they are like new only couple months old in amazing condition. I also get some banana plugs what Louis Bartay and DaJoJo recommended so I will let you know what I'm thinking about them. First I need to change end of my speakers wires from Regular to Pro (using banana plugs) then i will play with speakers.
Big thanks to all you who helped me.
I ended up doing spades instead of banana plugs on my RS42IIs since it didn't seem like there would be enough clearance. Hope it works out for you!
mpirnat is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #37292 of 37312 Old 07-11-2014, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Tonight is RS-52II's night ,
Hey guys, my new surrounds arrived today , they are like new only couple months old in amazing condition. I also get some banana plugs what Louis Bartay and DaJoJo recommended so I will let you know what I'm thinking about them. First I need to change end of my speakers wires from Regular to Pro (using banana plugs) then i will play with speakers.
Big thanks to all you who helped me.

Congrats! Those look very nice from the pic. Let us know what you think.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
post #37293 of 37312 Old 07-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Tonight is RS-52II's night ,
Hey guys, my new surrounds arrived today , they are like new only couple months old in amazing condition. I also get some banana plugs what Louis Bartay and DaJoJo recommended so I will let you know what I'm thinking about them. First I need to change end of my speakers wires from Regular to Pro (using banana plugs) then i will play with speakers.
Big thanks to all you who helped me.
Nice, you're gonna love them! Bananas are a little obtrusive tho if mounted on the wall....Enjoy!

9.2 System.....
Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 Powered by Emotiva XPA-5 X 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RS-7's Side Surrounds
Klipsch RS-52II's Rear Surrounds
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 12...
Tasdom is online now  
post #37294 of 37312 Old 07-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Hey Ref, you know it's illegal to change your signature before the equipment arrives don't you?
cchunter likes this.

9.2 System.....
Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 Powered by Emotiva XPA-5 X 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RS-7's Side Surrounds
Klipsch RS-52II's Rear Surrounds
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 12...
Tasdom is online now  
post #37295 of 37312 Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Ref you got busted.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is online now  
post #37296 of 37312 Old 07-11-2014, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 2,788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Wish I'd get busted adding something nice, pre-listened to my sig...
Louis Bartay and cchunter like this.
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #37297 of 37312 Old Yesterday, 12:15 AM
Member
 
DreamAgain2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How do the KF-28's compare to the RF-82II's, anyone know? My buddy has the latter, and they sound absolutely fantastic.. however not in my price range. Will they completely blow the KF's out of the water or is it comparable? thx
DreamAgain2 is offline  
post #37298 of 37312 Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM
Member
 
tjenkins95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Surround backs

I would like to get a pair of surround backs. With my current setup what would you recommend?
Thanks.

Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 5030 UB
Stewart Firehawk G3 92" screen
Denon AVR-4311CI
Blu-Ray: Panasonic DMP-BDT360, Oppo 93 & 103
Klipsch Speakers: RF-82, RC-62, RS-52
Atlantic Technology 371
tjenkins95 is offline  
post #37299 of 37312 Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM
Senior Member
 
PM-Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain2 View Post
How do the KF-28's compare to the RF-82II's, anyone know? My buddy has the latter, and they sound absolutely fantastic.. however not in my price range. Will they completely blow the KF's out of the water or is it comparable? thx
I have the kf26 and the rf82 so my experience will be slightly different.
The rf is definitely more refined in sound and a tad less harsh. The bass difference is immense but I stepped in driver size also.
Personally I would price out from avs or look used for the rf. Well worth it
PM-Performance is offline  
post #37300 of 37312 Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkins95 View Post
I would like to get a pair of surround backs. With my current setup what would you recommend?
Thanks.
RB-61's
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is online now  
post #37301 of 37312 Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
Member
 
tjenkins95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Ok thanks - I will check those out!

Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 5030 UB
Stewart Firehawk G3 92" screen
Denon AVR-4311CI
Blu-Ray: Panasonic DMP-BDT360, Oppo 93 & 103
Klipsch Speakers: RF-82, RC-62, RS-52
Atlantic Technology 371
tjenkins95 is offline  
post #37302 of 37312 Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 706
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
I ended up doing spades instead of banana plugs on my RS42IIs since it didn't seem like there would be enough clearance. Hope it works out for you!
Yes you are correct banana plugs did not work well with RS. I hook them up and put on each bottom corner little rubber bumper so speaker will not touch wall and now I have little more room behind but it is so so.
I did not use for RS banana plugs but I did for rest of the set and they are pretty nice to have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload-2.jpg (204.0 KB, 7 views)

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955

Last edited by retro124; Yesterday at 05:29 PM.
retro124 is online now  
post #37303 of 37312 Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 706
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Today I hook them up (RS-52II's) set up all and I'm very happy with them. Much better then mine old S-2 what I had before. So now set of 5 Reference speakers looks very good and sounds amazing( together with dual babies from SVS). Will looks soon for another pair for surrounds and front heights

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is online now  
post #37304 of 37312 Old Today, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Yes you are correct banana plugs did not work well with RS. I hook them up and put on each bottom corner little rubber bumper so speaker will not touch wall and now I have little more room behind but it is so so.
I did not use for RS banana plugs but I did for rest of the set and they are pretty nice to have.
On the back of the AVR is where I like the banana plugs. And on my Niles Audio speaker switching box for my two amps I used 12 more banana plugs on it. This device allows me to use my Cornwalls as fronts for my HT system and for L&R for my analog system. I have RS3-II for rears on wall mounts, and I too used spades on them too.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler Trans Nova P3000
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100
Louis Bartay is offline  
post #37305 of 37312 Old Today, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Skylinestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Today I hook them up (RS-52II's) set up all and I'm very happy with them. Much better then mine old S-2 what I had before. So now set of 5 Reference speakers looks very good and sounds amazing( together with dual babies from SVS). Will looks soon for another pair for surrounds and front heights
how big is the upgrade from s2 to rs52? huge audible difference?
Skylinestar is offline  
post #37306 of 37312 Old Today, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 706
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
On the back of the AVR is where I like the banana plugs. And on my Niles Audio speaker switching box for my two amps I used 12 more banana plugs on it. This device allows me to use my Cornwalls as fronts for my HT system and for L&R for my analog system. I have RS3-II for rears on wall mounts, and I too used spades on them too.
Yes this is what I'm going to do. i will use banana plugs for receiver and for towers and center. For surrounds I will get some spades also plus I need one more pair of bananas now and ai will get some extra for new set of speakers so I can be prepare.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is online now  
post #37307 of 37312 Old Today, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 706
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post
how big is the upgrade from s2 to rs52? huge audible difference?
I can say Yes it is. Sound is more clear and crisp, surrrounds effects are more real then before and I find myself couple of times with question what was that sound. Even my wife said those are great better then S-2. I like to listen music multichannel stereo and that is big step up from S-2. If you will watch some scary movie those speakers can promiss you will feel even more scare.
I really do like them, maybe they sound great also because they was build for matching great with RF-82II and RC-62II.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is online now  
post #37308 of 37312 Old Today, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Hey Ref, you know it's illegal to change your signature before the equipment arrives don't you?
Very funny billy .
Reference_head is offline  
post #37309 of 37312 Old Today, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
Done Deal DR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I agree on the RS series and banana plugs. It's no fault of the speaker, they are just made to install flat against the wall which leaves no room for plugs. My RS-62 II's are connected with bare wire, and my front stage are connected with spades. Everything on the receiver uses locking bananas, which I like for quick connect/disconnect ability.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
Done Deal DR is offline  
post #37310 of 37312 Old Today, 03:31 PM
Member
 
Flynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Several Questions for the experts:

I am going to use the following Klipsch Architectural speakers in the new home I'm building:

LF: R-5650-WII
C: R-5502-WII
RF: R-5650-WII
LS: R-5650-CII
RS: R-5650-CII
RLS: R-5650-CII
RRS: R-5650-CII
I am also using a big (not Klipsch) sub.

Does this community recommend purchasing the ME-650-W and ME-650-C speaker enclosures for the front L and R and for the four surround speakers? Is there a better option? Also, if I purchase the enclosures, do I need to also purchase the IK-650-W and IK-650-C install kits? If I don't buy these enclosures/kits, are there schematics available to build my own?

Also, what is the recommended distance from the 50-65" TV (haven't decided which one yet) to place both the surrounds and rear surrounds in the ceiling?

I realize I've asked a ton of questions. Thanks a lot for your advice.

*I posted this in the speakers and home theatre forum, too.
Flynn is offline  
post #37311 of 37312 Old Today, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 706
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Several Questions for the experts:

I am going to use the following Klipsch Architectural speakers in the new home I'm building:

LF: R-5650-WII
C: R-5502-WII
RF: R-5650-WII
LS: R-5650-CII
RS: R-5650-CII
RLS: R-5650-CII
RRS: R-5650-CII
I am also using a big (not Klipsch) sub.

Does this community recommend purchasing the ME-650-W and ME-650-C speaker enclosures for the front L and R and for the four surround speakers? Is there a better option? Also, if I purchase the enclosures, do I need to also purchase the IK-650-W and IK-650-C install kits? If I don't buy these enclosures/kits, are there schematics available to build my own?

Also, what is the recommended distance from the 50-65" TV (haven't decided which one yet) to place both the surrounds and rear surrounds in the ceiling?

I realize I've asked a ton of questions. Thanks a lot for your advice.

*I posted this in the speakers and home theatre forum, too.
I have no experience with those speakers so I can't wait what some people will response on your question but from what I'm reading here on forum and what is your plan I will try to set up room with speakers for new Dolby Atmos. In this case then you building new house you will be set for a long long long time.

Question is also how big is your room in you will have HT room or your system will be part of the living room.
Budget is also a big question, you can have easy 5.1 set up or a lot more 9.1 and with Atmos even lot more but if you build and all will be installed in the wall it is much easier to add more speakers.

Talking about TV, if you are movie fan bigger screen is simply better.
here is a watching distance:
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 6.49.31 PM.png (97.1 KB, 5 views)
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955

Last edited by retro124; Today at 04:26 PM.
retro124 is online now  
post #37312 of 37312 Old Today, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
Very funny billy .
When do the surrounds arrive?

9.2 System.....
Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 Powered by Emotiva XPA-5 X 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RS-7's Side Surrounds
Klipsch RS-52II's Rear Surrounds
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 12...
Tasdom is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off