Klipsch owner thread - Page 1245 - AVS Forum
First ... 1243  1244  1245 1246  1247  ... Last
Speakers > Klipsch owner thread
Dalumberjack's Avatar Dalumberjack 11:06 PM 07-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
Klipsch has the woofer in stock. If I remember correctly they are around $120.

I put in an email to klipsch asking about the replacement and if I should replace in pairs considering the age.

Thanks for everyone help and comments !!

ocelittle's Avatar ocelittle 01:46 AM 07-15-2014
Question: I was looking for the Klipsch RF-82 II's earlier but I'm wondering if I should downsize to something else since I'm only running a Denon 1712 receiver which probably won't take full advantage of them. Will that hinder the quality enough to warrant going down? I can always buy a new Receiver, but since I bought this a year and a half ago, I'd like to hold off for now.

Would a full set of RF-62's be worth it? The pricing actually doesn't seem any better on those, so would it be best to get the 82's and grow into them later?
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 01:57 AM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Question: I was looking for the Klipsch RF-82 II's earlier but I'm wondering if I should downsize to something else since I'm only running a Denon 1712 receiver which probably won't take full advantage of them. Will that hinder the quality enough to warrant going down? I can always buy a new Receiver, but since I bought this a year and a half ago, I'd like to hold off for now.

Would a full set of RF-62's be worth it? The pricing actually doesn't seem any better on those, so would it be best to get the 82's and grow into them later?
Get the 82's. The 1712 will run them fine until you upgrade.
ocelittle's Avatar ocelittle 01:59 AM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Get the 82's. The 1712 will run them fine until you upgrade.
Cool, thanks for the quick update.

Fry's had the 82's for $479 on the weekend, not sure if they still do. I've been told to talk to Sound Distributors here in Vegas (I'm local), would I expect a better price than that?
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 02:05 AM 07-15-2014
Quote:

Fry's had the 82's for $479 on the weekend, not sure if they still do. I've been told to talk to Sound Distributors here in Vegas (I'm local), would I expect a better price than that?
That's not bad but I believe you can get them cheaper. Try Acoustic Sound Design. They are also in Vegas. AVS also sells Klipsch and can get you a good deal. Call them both and see what they can do.
Soupy1970's Avatar Soupy1970 06:29 AM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalumberjack View Post
I put in an email to klipsch asking about the replacement and if I should replace in pairs considering the age.

Thanks for everyone help and comments !!
Best to call them.

Klipsch Product Technical and Warranty Support
1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)
Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM ET
psgcdn's Avatar psgcdn 07:06 AM 07-15-2014
Can't hurt to superglue the broken one until you replace it. Might even be enough!
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru 08:07 AM 07-15-2014
Quote:
That's not bad but I believe you can get them cheaper. Try Acoustic Sound Design. They are also in Vegas. AVS also sells Klipsch and can get you a good deal. Call them both and see what they can do.

Are Acoustic Sound Design and Sound Distributors the same ppl? I always thought they were but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I don't think anyone can beat their price if you are local and they can give you some discount if you pick them up.
retro124's Avatar retro124 09:26 AM 07-15-2014
Quote:

You will get better then that a specially if you pick it up yourself. They have a lot of open boxes also for a even better price. Good luck to find good deal. Get definitely 82's !!!!
ocelittle's Avatar ocelittle 09:27 AM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
you will get better then that a specially if you pick it up yourself. They have a lot of open boxes also for a even better price. Good luck to find good deal. Get definitely 82's !!!!
it has been written.
MordredKLB's Avatar MordredKLB 01:56 PM 07-15-2014
That horror story about the cracked woofer has me thinking of my own Klipsch mishap that I've never gotten fixed.

I've got a pair of original RF-3s. The things work great although they've got some cosmetic wear for being 13+ years old. About four years ago I had the grills off when my wife (now ex) threw a dog toy (after being told not to near the HT stuff) and it took a funny bounce and dented one of the 8" woofers. The cap is fine, and all of the damage is strictly in the Cerametallic cone. Amazingly, I've never noticed a difference in the sound quality, although I have to admit I've never tried to make myself hear it. Everything still sounds excellent.

I'm about to move and I think I might want to upgrade my speakers, or at least get something that the new wife thinks is a little prettier. I think these would be impossible to sell with the dent in the cone, but does anyone have an idea of how hard this would be to replace on my own, and what the cost would be? I'm reasonably mechanically inclined, but my soldering isn't necessarily the best. I bought them used for $400 9 years ago so I've gotten my money's worth, but it would be nice to give them to a new owner, and have a little something to put towards new speakers.
Louis Bartay's Avatar Louis Bartay 03:21 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordredKLB View Post
That horror story about the cracked woofer has me thinking of my own Klipsch mishap that I've never gotten fixed.

I've got a pair of original RF-3s. The things work great although they've got some cosmetic wear for being 13+ years old. About four years ago I had the grills off when my wife (now ex) threw a dog toy (after being told not to near the HT stuff) and it took a funny bounce and dented one of the 8" woofers. The cap is fine, and all of the damage is strictly in the Cerametallic cone. Amazingly, I've never noticed a difference in the sound quality, although I have to admit I've never tried to make myself hear it. Everything still sounds excellent.

I'm about to move and I think I might want to upgrade my speakers, or at least get something that the new wife thinks is a little prettier. I think these would be impossible to sell with the dent in the cone, but does anyone have an idea of how hard this would be to replace on my own, and what the cost would be? I'm reasonably mechanically inclined, but my soldering isn't necessarily the best. I bought them used for $400 9 years ago so I've gotten my money's worth, but it would be nice to give them to a new owner, and have a little something to put towards new speakers.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-8-WO...p2054897.l5658

If they sound normal save the coin. I assume you unplugged the damaged speaker and played the cabinet and then hooked up the damaged woofer and unplugged the good one??? If so and they still sound great keep them for rears......... just a thought. Here is a link for replacement woofers for your RF-3.
Louis
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head 05:54 PM 07-15-2014
My speakers came today and one was broke. The horn snapped off and is rolling around in the cab . They other one seems good to go.
Attached: DSCN0721.jpg (131.5 KB)  DSCN0724.jpg (178.1 KB)  DSCN0728.jpg (190.9 KB)  DSCN0735.jpg (156.0 KB)  DSCN0742.jpg (111.1 KB) 
RickD1225's Avatar RickD1225 06:02 PM 07-15-2014

retro124's Avatar retro124 07:23 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
My speakers came today and one was broke. The horn snapped off and is rolling around in the cab . They other one seems good to go.
Oh sorry to hear it, well you need to wait little longer for replacement. They look amazing btw, congrats!!! That RS-62II look next to new surround like smart car next to F-150 truck
Are you going to sell RS-62II?
DreamAgain2's Avatar DreamAgain2 09:09 PM 07-15-2014
Could anyone help me setting up my Klipsch KF-28's?

This might be more of a receiver question to be honest.

I have a H/K 7550HD. I set the crossover frequency to Large, which is anything below 40Hz I believe.

Where I'm not sure what to do is setting up the LFE properly. You get different options when setting up the sub on "Large" vs how I ran my old speakers at 80Khz. The three sub options are LFE, LFE L/R, and Off.

I'm guessing L/R LFE means the speakers will do absolutely no low frequency and instead it will be all sent to the sub, correct? And the LFE setting means L/R will still retain some low frequency functionality while the sub will handle specific LFE signals? Is this correct?

So my two questions are..
A. Well, what's the optimal way of setting it up? With LFE L/R or just LFE?
B. Does setting the Low Pass Filter knob on the actual sub do anything at all at this point? Or is everything being handled by the receiver and these settings?

Thanks guys.
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head 09:47 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Oh sorry to hear it, well you need to wait little longer for replacement. They look amazing btw, congrats!!! That RS-62II look next to new surround like smart car next to F-150 truck
Are you going to sell RS-62II?
Thanks

Yes I'm going to sell the 62ii.

I have had some really bad luck buying these pro speakers. First ones came as the wrong model with no xo. And now one comes with the driver rolling around in the cab .
retro124's Avatar retro124 09:51 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Thanks

Yes I'm going to sell the 62ii.

I have had some really bad luck buying these pro speakers. First ones came as the wrong model with no xo. And now one comes with the driver rolling around in the cab .
Where did you bought them? Hope company dealing with you nicely. Your story with speakers is like mine with SVS subs I'm sure you remember it but don't worry on the end all will be great.

PM me what is your price for those I'm interesting to get them from you.
MordredKLB's Avatar MordredKLB 10:06 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-8-WO...p2054897.l5658

If they sound normal save the coin. I assume you unplugged the damaged speaker and played the cabinet and then hooked up the damaged woofer and unplugged the good one??? If so and they still sound great keep them for rears......... just a thought. Here is a link for replacement woofers for your RF-3.
Louis
I didn't unplug them, because I was afraid I'd start noticing something sounded wrong and I didn't have the cash to replace them. Keeping them for rears is a brilliant idea, but I think I'd have to get divorced again for that. Those replacements are a little more expensive than I wanted to spend, but thanks for the link!
Tasdom's Avatar Tasdom 10:31 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Looks nice ref, sorry for the damage. How did you end up mounting them (it) lol
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head 11:17 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Where did you bought them? Hope company dealing with you nicely. Your story with speakers is like mine with SVS subs I'm sure you remember it but don't worry on the end all will be great.

PM me what is your price for those I'm interesting to get them from you.
They get shipped right from Klipsch to me. So it's not the dealer messing them up.
The guy who bought my 64ii asked about buying the rs62ii when he was over getting the 64. I told him I will give him first dibs if I sell them. If he backs out I will let you know.
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head 11:23 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Looks nice ref, sorry for the damage. How did you end up mounting them (it) lol
I used a key hole bracket. I'm a little worried the screw might snap. I wonder how many pounds a big screw in a stud can hold before it snaps? It seems fine but it looks really big on the wall. So it has me a bit nervous.

Any of you hung over 40lb from one screw in a stud?
Robbiey60's Avatar Robbiey60 11:29 PM 07-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain2 View Post
Could anyone help me setting up my Klipsch KF-28's?

This might be more of a receiver question to be honest.

I have a H/K 7550HD. I set the crossover frequency to Large, which is anything below 40Hz I believe.

Where I'm not sure what to do is setting up the LFE properly. You get different options when setting up the sub on "Large" vs how I ran my old speakers at 80Khz. The three sub options are LFE, LFE L/R, and Off.

I'm guessing L/R LFE means the speakers will do absolutely no low frequency and instead it will be all sent to the sub, correct? And the LFE setting means L/R will still retain some low frequency functionality while the sub will handle specific LFE signals? Is this correct?

So my two questions are..
A. Well, what's the optimal way of setting it up? With LFE L/R or just LFE?
B. Does setting the Low Pass Filter knob on the actual sub do anything at all at this point? Or is everything being handled by the receiver and these settings?

Thanks guys.
Hey mate. Im not 100% sure but I think LFE L/R is the same as my (onkyo) double bass. This is what I run and it means main L/R are full range so you are getting everything they can handle (amp dependant), and the sub is getting LFE AND bass signals from L/R. So if i am right, LFE off is no sub, bass through main L/R. LFE is dictated by xover settings ie everything under xover is sent to sub as well as LFE signal, and LFE L/R is full range L/R and all bass from L/R sent to sub as well as LFE. Low pass filter on sub should be as high as it can go or off or full range, the bass management is handled by the receiver. Some guys will disagree, I think the general consensus is start @80hz with xover and see what sounds best. I just like knowing all my gear is going as hard as it can.
DreamAgain2's Avatar DreamAgain2 01:32 AM 07-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Hey mate. Im not 100% sure but I think LFE L/R is the same as my (onkyo) double bass. This is what I run and it means main L/R are full range so you are getting everything they can handle (amp dependant), and the sub is getting LFE AND bass signals from L/R. So if i am right, LFE off is no sub, bass through main L/R. LFE is dictated by xover settings ie everything under xover is sent to sub as well as LFE signal, and LFE L/R is full range L/R and all bass from L/R sent to sub as well as LFE. Low pass filter on sub should be as high as it can go or off or full range, the bass management is handled by the receiver. Some guys will disagree, I think the general consensus is start @80hz with xover and see what sounds best. I just like knowing all my gear is going as hard as it can.
Thanks for the help

So I went ahead and looked up in the Manual and it says this:

L/R+LFE: This setting sends all low-frequency information to the subwoofer, including both information that would normally be played through the front left and right speakers and the special low frequency effects channel information

LFE: This setting plays low-frequency information contained in the left and right program channels through the front speakers, and directs only the LFE channel to the subwoofer.

I'm just a little confused on the wording here. No matter the setting, the speakers are getting the same information right? This only dictates what information the sub will be getting (double bass info or single).

I'm not entirely sure I hear a difference between the two settings regardless, but I'd still like to know exactly what this stuff means for the future Thanks
psgcdn's Avatar psgcdn 07:12 AM 07-16-2014
Quote:
My speakers came today
It looks great on the wall!
retro124's Avatar retro124 08:50 AM 07-16-2014
Quote:
They get shipped right from Klipsch to me. So it's not the dealer messing them up.
The guy who bought my 64ii asked about buying the rs62ii when he was over getting the 64. I told him I will give him first dibs if I sell them. If he backs out I will let you know.
What is good is coming from Klipsch so they will take care of it. That is crazy how often those expensive HT pieces got damaged. Who deliver it FedEx?
Yes let me know I will be interested to get them.
Melquiades's Avatar Melquiades 05:26 AM 07-17-2014
Good morning! What's a fair price for used RB 81 ii's? Have a good one!
cchunter's Avatar cchunter 05:31 AM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melquiades View Post
Good morning! What's a fair price for used RB 81 ii's? Have a good one!
Good condition I would say 450.00.
mpirnat's Avatar mpirnat 05:05 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Good condition I would say 450.00.
RB81IIs, new, are $425 each. Unless you're suggesting pricing for a pair?
retro124's Avatar retro124 05:26 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
RB81IIs, new, are $425 each. Unless you're suggesting pricing for a pair?
$450 each is MSRP but every klipsch dealer will give a better price. RB-81II now each is around $290 + shipping so around $640 pair shipped.
Tags: belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black
First ... 1243  1244  1245 1246  1247  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop