Klipsch owner thread - Page 1246 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #37351 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I just realized this is the best place to ask this question.

Is this a good deal that I should pick up? Klipsch RF 82 Home Theater System for $1,200? No subwoofer.

I love the way the Klipsch look with out the grill and I am quite sure they sound great for movie.

Thanks so much !
careandsharelife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #37352 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by careandsharelife View Post
Hi, I just realized this is the best place to ask this question.

Is this a good deal that I should pick up? Klipsch RF 82 Home Theater System for $1,200? No subwoofer.

I love the way the Klipsch look with out the grill and I am quite sure they sound great for movie.

Thanks so much !
That is a decent price if the RF-82,RC-62 and RF-52 are all in good condition. The newer RF-82II System lists for $3,400.00 with a sub.

http://www.klipsch.com/rf-82-ii-home...system/details

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100
Louis Bartay is offline  
post #37353 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
baloo_btru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by careandsharelife View Post
Hi, I just realized this is the best place to ask this question.

Is this a good deal that I should pick up? Klipsch RF 82 Home Theater System for $1,200? No subwoofer.

I love the way the Klipsch look with out the grill and I am quite sure they sound great for movie.

Thanks so much !
I bought my 5.0 of the version II of the same system for $1800 new, with warranty, shipped from an authorized dealer. So it's not a bad deal, but not a great deal either.

For $1000 or less I'd be much happier.

- Klipsch RF-82 ii, RC-62 ii, RS-52 ii
- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
baloo_btru is online now  
post #37354 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 725
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru View Post
I bought my 5.0 of the version II of the same system for $1800 new, with warranty, shipped from an authorized dealer. So it's not a bad deal, but not a great deal either.

For $1000 or less I'd be much happier.
Your deal new for $1800 shipped (RF-82II's, RC-62II and RS-52II's) it is still the best what you can get so it is good deal for sure.
Towers around $900, center $400, surrounds $640 it is prices what Klipsch seller do over phone in those days not less then that.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is offline  
post #37355 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Newbie
 
tachybana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys,

New to this Klipsch Forum. CAn anyone help me sort out a future purchase decision. I am looking to purchase a Denon X2100 (upgrading from a Denon AVR-3801 and i want the new bells and whistles) but where i am stumped is the Refence Series i should match this AVR with. My total upgrade is around $1,500 including the receiver (if i can save more the better).

Because i am part of a Buying Club i get some serious saving (still I don't want to go overkill. 70% of its usage will be movie watch)

Option 1 (under $1,000)

RF-42ii X2
RC-62ii X1
RS-42ii X2
SUBWOOFER (Sticking around with the KW-10 i own for now)

Option 2 (under 1,400)
RF-52ii
RC-62ii
RS-52ii
SUBWOOFER (Sticking around with the KW-10 i own for now)

Option 3 (under 1,500)
RF-42ii X2
RC-64ii X1
RS-42ii X2

Is the quality/upgrade difference that noticeable? or can i downgrade a little more on the surrounds (on option 2) or should my sets be completely the same 62ii or 52ii's or 42ii's and can my Denon AVR-X2100 handle/work with these Klipsch sets.

Thanks for your time gents (and ladies if any)
tachybana is offline  
post #37356 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachybana View Post
Hey guys,

New to this Klipsch Forum. CAn anyone help me sort out a future purchase decision. I am looking to purchase a Denon X2100 (upgrading from a Denon AVR-3801 and i want the new bells and whistles) but where i am stumped is the Refence Series i should match this AVR with. My total upgrade is around $1,500 including the receiver (if i can save more the better).

Because i am part of a Buying Club i get some serious saving (still I don't want to go overkill. 70% of its usage will be movie watch)

Option 1 (under $1,000)

RF-42ii X2
RC-62ii X1
RS-42ii X2
SUBWOOFER (Sticking around with the KW-10 i own for now)

Option 2 (under 1,400)
RF-52ii
RC-62ii
RS-52ii
SUBWOOFER (Sticking around with the KW-10 i own for now)

Option 3 (under 1,500)
RF-42ii X2
RC-64ii X1
RS-42ii X2

Is the quality/upgrade difference that noticeable? or can i downgrade a little more on the surrounds (on option 2) or should my sets be completely the same 62ii or 52ii's or 42ii's and can my Denon AVR-X2100 handle/work with these Klipsch sets.

Thanks for your time gents (and ladies if any)
How big is your room? How loud do you like to listen to movies and music? If I were you this is the way I would go with your budget.

RF62II's- 750.00
RC62II- 400.00
RB61II's- 400.00.

These are close in prices and you might even get them cheaper if you call around. Try to stick with the 6.5 inch drivers or bigger if you can. Much bigger sound for the money. Good luck!
retro124 likes this.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #37357 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 725
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachybana View Post
Hey guys,

New to this Klipsch Forum. CAn anyone help me sort out a future purchase decision. I am looking to purchase a Denon X2100 (upgrading from a Denon AVR-3801 and i want the new bells and whistles) but where i am stumped is the Refence Series i should match this AVR with. My total upgrade is around $1,500 including the receiver (if i can save more the better).

Because i am part of a Buying Club i get some serious saving (still I don't want to go overkill. 70% of its usage will be movie watch)

Option 1 (under $1,000)

RF-42ii X2
RC-62ii X1
RS-42ii X2
SUBWOOFER (Sticking around with the KW-10 i own for now)

Option 2 (under 1,400)
RF-52ii
RC-62ii
RS-52ii
SUBWOOFER (Sticking around with the KW-10 i own for now)

Option 3 (under 1,500)
RF-42ii X2
RC-64ii X1
RS-42ii X2

Is the quality/upgrade difference that noticeable? or can i downgrade a little more on the surrounds (on option 2) or should my sets be completely the same 62ii or 52ii's or 42ii's and can my Denon AVR-X2100 handle/work with these Klipsch sets.

Thanks for your time gents (and ladies if any)
Cchunter is right get the best towers and center you can. Just because you not planning to do RF-7II towers I will give up RC-64II center and get RC-62II( still amazing center) and then get RF-62II or (RF-82II if possible). Surrounds you can add later or get RS-52II or bookshelf RB-61II.
I will get less speakers at this time if you budget is limited and maybe get surrounds later.
I will not consider towers smaller then RF-62II' for sure.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
retro124 is offline  
post #37358 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 2,807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Yep. Get at least the 62s. A huge difference between the 62s and 52s, while it's more of an incremental step from the 62s to the 82s. The best advice I got when looking was to get the 62s. I was told many times they are the best value in the reference series.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #37359 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Newbie
 
tachybana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
How big is your room? How loud do you like to listen to movies and music? If I were you this is the way I would go with your budget.

RF62II's- 750.00
RC62II- 400.00
RB61II's- 400.00.

These are close in prices and you might even get them cheaper if you call around. Try to stick with the 6.5 inch drivers or bigger if you can. Much bigger sound for the money. Good luck!

I just took a glance at the RC 62ii with the RF-82ii and the come around 1K. So you're saying with these 3 speakers I wouldn't miss the surrounds? so It would be like a 3.1 setup then (or I guess I wouldn't need a sub with the 82ii's). Few folks always pitch the need of the surrounds, so am I am wondering if in fact I would need them, else I would step back down the the 62ii's with the 52ii's surrounds for about the $1,300.


I've attached a really fast sketch (forgive my lame doodle) but this is pretty much my seating arrangement. the seating area is a 13'.4" long by 14'.6" wide (seating 7'.4" away from the entertainment center). I don't think I would play the speakers as loud as that guy from the Maxell commercials


Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dimension.jpg (77.3 KB, 16 views)
cchunter likes this.
tachybana is offline  
post #37360 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 09:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 725
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachybana View Post
I just took a glance at the RC 62ii with the RF-82ii and the come around 1K. So you're saying with these 3 speakers I wouldn't miss the surrounds? so It would be like a 3.1 setup then (or I guess I wouldn't need a sub with the 82ii's). Few folks always pitch the need of the surrounds, so am I am wondering if in fact I would need them, else I would step back down the the 62ii's with the 52ii's surrounds for about the $1,300.


I've attached a really fast sketch (forgive my lame doodle) but this is pretty much my seating arrangement. the seating area is a 13'.4" long by 14'.6" wide (seating 7'.4" away from the entertainment center). I don't think I would play the speakers as loud as that guy from the Maxell commercials


Thanks
I do have same speakers as you are plannig to get. I had 3.2 set up for maybe 6 months and it was good but you really need surrounds to have whole 5.1 feeling!!! When I bought 2 weeks ago surrounds RS-52II's it moves my set up to next level it is just amazing how movies sounds much better. If you can get 82II's with 62II center for around 1K then just go for it, it is a great price and trust me you will not be disappointed!!!

If you can get what you said for 1K I'm sure with pair RS-52II's or RB-61II's for surrounds you will still be in your plannig budget.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955

Last edited by retro124; 07-18-2014 at 09:37 PM.
retro124 is offline  
post #37361 of 37368 Old 07-18-2014, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachybana View Post
I just took a glance at the RC 62ii with the RF-82ii and the come around 1K. So you're saying with these 3 speakers I wouldn't miss the surrounds? so It would be like a 3.1 setup then (or I guess I wouldn't need a sub with the 82ii's). Few folks always pitch the need of the surrounds, so am I am wondering if in fact I would need them, else I would step back down the the 62ii's with the 52ii's surrounds for about the $1,300.


I've attached a really fast sketch (forgive my lame doodle) but this is pretty much my seating arrangement. the seating area is a 13'.4" long by 14'.6" wide (seating 7'.4" away from the entertainment center). I don't think I would play the speakers as loud as that guy from the Maxell commercials


Thanks
Your room is only 1500 cu ft. The RF62's are plenty. Get the RS52's for surrounds. The two most important speakers are the center and subwoofer. What do you have for a sub?
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #37362 of 37368 Old 07-20-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Your room is only 1500 cu ft. The RF62's are plenty. Get the RS52's for surrounds. The two most important speakers are the center and subwoofer. What do you have for a sub?
+1

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
post #37363 of 37368 Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Newbie
 
tachybana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Your room is only 1500 cu ft. The RF62's are plenty. Get the RS52's for surrounds. The two most important speakers are the center and subwoofer. What do you have for a sub?
Thanks for the suggestion. The 62ii will be. With regards to the subwoofer, currently using a Klipsch KW-10. Has been acting funny for the last few months, so i believe i may have to replace it (isn't responding well to some actions scenes with explosions or the THX Subwoofer Test)

What do you guys suggest for a subwoofer on a room of my size?

As always, thanks for all the help.
tachybana is offline  
post #37364 of 37368 Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachybana View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. The 62ii will be. With regards to the subwoofer, currently using a Klipsch KW-10. Has been acting funny for the last few months, so i believe i may have to replace it (isn't responding well to some actions scenes with explosions or the THX Subwoofer Test)

What do you guys suggest for a subwoofer on a room of my size?

As always, thanks for all the help.
What's your budget for a sub?

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #37365 of 37368 Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM
Newbie
 
tachybana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
What's your budget for a sub?
Was trying to keep my upgrade under $2,000 (if i hold on to my Denon AVR-3801 then my money can go further)

Denon AVR-x2100 ($700)

Klipsch ($1400)
RC 62ii
RF 62ii(2x)
RS 52ii (2x)

I guess $500 max would be my budget. Would this be sufficient?
tachybana is offline  
post #37366 of 37368 Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachybana View Post
Was trying to keep my upgrade under $2,000 (if i hold on to my Denon AVR-3801 then my money can go further)

Denon AVR-x2100 ($700)

Klipsch ($1400)
RC 62ii
RF 62ii(2x)
RS 52ii (2x)

I guess $500 max would be my budget. Would this be sufficient?
That will work but if you had a few hundy more it would be even better lol. Yes we all like to spend other peoples money! If all you have is 500 then I suggest the SVS PB1000. If you can swing a bit more then the SVS SB2000 or SVS PB2000. Your room is small so a sealed sub could get you some nice room gain. Check out the outlet section on SVS website.
http://www.svsound.com/specials/outlet-specials

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #37367 of 37368 Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM
Newbie
 
tachybana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
That will work but if you had a few hundy more it would be even better lol. Yes we all like to spend other peoples money! If all you have is 500 then I suggest the SVS PB1000. If you can swing a bit more then the SVS SB2000 or SVS PB2000. Your room is small so a sealed sub could get you some nice room gain. Check out the outlet section on SVS website.
http://www.svsound.com/specials/outlet-specials
Oustanding.

I will save the link and check back on it. If i am reading this correctly then this is is triple of what i have now. Hope the wife doesn't kill me when i replay the scene from the First Transformer (when the chopper attacks the military base.) I love that part of what look like an EMP Burst. Shook half the basement and with what i had then

Thanks for all the help. Let you guys know when i have everything together.
cchunter likes this.
tachybana is offline  
post #37368 of 37368 Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
That will work but if you had a few hundy more it would be even better lol. Yes we all like to spend other peoples money! If all you have is 500 then I suggest the SVS PB1000. If you can swing a bit more then the SVS SB2000 or SVS PB2000. Your room is small so a sealed sub could get you some nice room gain. Check out the outlet section on SVS website.
http://www.svsound.com/specials/outlet-specials
Good link as I found this one and several others for just over $500.00. I Agree on the PB1000 or the SB/PB 2000. For HT use I like the cylinders in the mid level SVS price range. My friends PB 13 Ultra will shake your guts with clear accurate bass. I found it a bit more musical then the cylinder in the same price range but either of these are way out of my budget.

http://www.svsound.com/specials/outl...4#.U81hMvldV8E
cchunter likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100
Louis Bartay is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off