Klipsch owner thread - Page 1248 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #37411 of 37417 Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anybody heard the R-28F Floorstanding Speaker yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37412 of 37417 Old Today, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Looking for any one who has the rc 62 II and upgraded to the Rc64II. I have been thinking about upgrading and spoke to Klipsch about it. They said I wouldn't see a difference in clarity, more so it would just be louder. I currently have older Reference series setup and they said the tweeter and timber matching would be fine. I would love to get RF-7 but I don't have the room, I figured upgrade the center over the towers as the system is for movies.

Klipsch also said I would need to give the rc64 200rms and suggested I get a 3 channel amp to run my fronts. I did some math and its about a $1400 investment to upgrade my front speaking and get a new amp for them.

Any one who has done this or even owns the Rc64II do you think its worth the extra cost? Is it something I can quantify purchasing. I find at -10 with my x4000 its about as loud as I like to comfortably watch movies. Not sure if I need the extra power, or do I? my rooms 3,377 cubic feet.

Here is a crappy pic of my room.

post #37413 of 37417 Old Today, 08:32 AM

Looking for any one who has the rc 62 II and upgraded to the Rc64II. I have been thinking about upgrading and spoke to Klipsch about it. They said I wouldn't see a difference in clarity, more so it would just be louder. I currently have older Reference series setup and they said the tweeter and timber matching would be fine. I would love to get RF-7 but I don't have the room, I figured upgrade the center over the towers as the system is for movies.

Klipsch also said I would need to give the rc64 200rms and suggested I get a 3 channel amp to run my fronts. I did some math and its about a $1400 investment to upgrade my center channel and get a new amp for them (nu4-6000, including cables).

Any one who has done this or even owns the Rc64II do you think its worth the extra cost? Is it something I can quantify purchasing. I find at -10 with my x4000 its about as loud as I like to comfortably watch movies. Not sure if I need the extra power, or do I? my rooms 3,377 cubic feet.

Here are some crappy pic of my room.

post #37414 of 37417 Old Today, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 146
[QUOTE=lemonslush;26033042]Looking for any one who has the rc 62 II and upgraded to the Rc64II. I have been thinking about upgrading and spoke to Klipsch about it. They said I wouldn't see a difference in clarity, more so it would just be louder. I currently have older Reference series setup and they said the tweeter and timber matching would be fine. I would love to get RF-7 but I don't have the room, I figured upgrade the center over the towers as the system is for movies.

Klipsch also said I would need to give the rc64 200rms and suggested I get a 3 channel amp to run my fronts. I did some math and its about a $1400 investment to upgrade my center channel and get a new amp for them (nu4-6000, including cables).

Your room is pretty big size I will definitely think about RF-7 set. People have those in lot smaller rooms.
From pictures looks like you have a room for them.
It is very commend talking here about center. Some people get RC-64II center and keep tower like RF-82II or RF-62II and they love it, other will tell you those are not timber matched together so it is better to decide to get RF-7 set up or keep RC-62II and tower for this center. Like you said RF-7 set will be great with extra amp but this can be last thing on your list, Klipsch speakers even RF-7 are easy to drive so your AVR will do great with it. If you budget is ok i will look for RF-7 set up a specially now is kind of good time for better deals.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37415 of 37417 Old Today, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post

Here are some crappy pic of my room.

You'll get mixed opinions on this board about mixing the RC 64 II with RF 62/82 IIs. I personally don't think it's a good move especially if you already have an RC 62 II. As the Klipsch rep pointed out the RC 64 II is voice matched to the RF 7 IIs. This might not bother you, and it certainly doesn't bother some who've done this. But, I've heard them mixed, and I didn't like it. It's also expensive, almost as much as a single RF 7 II. Simply put, I'd rather just keep saving for the RF 7 IIs and then get the RC 64 II.
post #37416 of 37417 Old Today, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
You'll get mixed opinions on this board about mixing the RC 64 II with RF 62/82 IIs. I personally don't think it's a good move especially if you already have an RC 62 II. As the Klipsch rep pointed out the RC 64 II is voice matched to the RF 7 IIs. This might not bother you, and it certainly doesn't bother some who've done this. But, I've heard them mixed, and I didn't like it. It's also expensive, almost as much as a single RF 7 II. Simply put, I'd rather just keep saving for the RF 7 IIs and then get the RC 64 II.

I could swing for the center now, might have to wait a month or so to get the rf-7s. On the right side of the screen i only have 9 inches between the screen and the door frame. Sure I could put a larger speaker there but I think it may look off a bit so I would like to keep the Rf-8s if I could. I know the tweeter is 1" compared to 1.75" on the rc64II.

Any reason in particular why now is a good time to buy? Are they changing out the model year.
post #37417 of 37417 Old Today, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post
I could swing for the center now, might have to wait a month or so to get the rf-7s. On the right side of the screen i only have 9 inches between the screen and the door frame. Sure I could put a larger speaker there but I think it may look off a bit so I would like to keep the Rf-8s if I could. I know the tweeter is 1" compared to 1.75" on the rc64II.

Any reason in particular why now is a good time to buy? Are they changing out the model year.

Personally, I'd think that those RF 8s should be plenty for that size room. Maybe update to RF 62 IIs or 82 IIs with RC 52 II or 62 II
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page