Klipsch owner thread - Page 1248 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #37411 of 37438 Old 07-24-2014, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anybody heard the R-28F Floorstanding Speaker yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37412 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Looking for any one who has the rc 62 II and upgraded to the Rc64II. I have been thinking about upgrading and spoke to Klipsch about it. They said I wouldn't see a difference in clarity, more so it would just be louder. I currently have older Reference series setup and they said the tweeter and timber matching would be fine. I would love to get RF-7 but I don't have the room, I figured upgrade the center over the towers as the system is for movies.

Klipsch also said I would need to give the rc64 200rms and suggested I get a 3 channel amp to run my fronts. I did some math and its about a $1400 investment to upgrade my front speaking and get a new amp for them.

Any one who has done this or even owns the Rc64II do you think its worth the extra cost? Is it something I can quantify purchasing. I find at -10 with my x4000 its about as loud as I like to comfortably watch movies. Not sure if I need the extra power, or do I? my rooms 3,377 cubic feet.

Here is a crappy pic of my room.

post #37413 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM

Looking for any one who has the rc 62 II and upgraded to the Rc64II. I have been thinking about upgrading and spoke to Klipsch about it. They said I wouldn't see a difference in clarity, more so it would just be louder. I currently have older Reference series setup and they said the tweeter and timber matching would be fine. I would love to get RF-7 but I don't have the room, I figured upgrade the center over the towers as the system is for movies.

Klipsch also said I would need to give the rc64 200rms and suggested I get a 3 channel amp to run my fronts. I did some math and its about a $1400 investment to upgrade my center channel and get a new amp for them (nu4-6000, including cables).

Any one who has done this or even owns the Rc64II do you think its worth the extra cost? Is it something I can quantify purchasing. I find at -10 with my x4000 its about as loud as I like to comfortably watch movies. Not sure if I need the extra power, or do I? my rooms 3,377 cubic feet.

Here are some crappy pic of my room.

post #37414 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 148
[QUOTE=lemonslush;26033042]Looking for any one who has the rc 62 II and upgraded to the Rc64II. I have been thinking about upgrading and spoke to Klipsch about it. They said I wouldn't see a difference in clarity, more so it would just be louder. I currently have older Reference series setup and they said the tweeter and timber matching would be fine. I would love to get RF-7 but I don't have the room, I figured upgrade the center over the towers as the system is for movies.

Klipsch also said I would need to give the rc64 200rms and suggested I get a 3 channel amp to run my fronts. I did some math and its about a $1400 investment to upgrade my center channel and get a new amp for them (nu4-6000, including cables).

Your room is pretty big size I will definitely think about RF-7 set. People have those in lot smaller rooms.
From pictures looks like you have a room for them.
It is very commend talking here about center. Some people get RC-64II center and keep tower like RF-82II or RF-62II and they love it, other will tell you those are not timber matched together so it is better to decide to get RF-7 set up or keep RC-62II and tower for this center. Like you said RF-7 set will be great with extra amp but this can be last thing on your list, Klipsch speakers even RF-7 are easy to drive so your AVR will do great with it. If you budget is ok i will look for RF-7 set up a specially now is kind of good time for better deals.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37415 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post

You'll get mixed opinions on this board about mixing the RC 64 II with RF 62/82 IIs. I personally don't think it's a good move especially if you already have an RC 62 II. As the Klipsch rep pointed out the RC 64 II is voice matched to the RF 7 IIs. This might not bother you, and it certainly doesn't bother some who've done this. But, I've heard them mixed, and I didn't like it. It's also expensive, almost as much as a single RF 7 II. Simply put, I'd rather just keep saving for the RF 7 IIs and then get the RC 64 II.
Schwa and Louis Bartay like this.
post #37416 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
You'll get mixed opinions on this board about mixing the RC 64 II with RF 62/82 IIs. I personally don't think it's a good move especially if you already have an RC 62 II. As the Klipsch rep pointed out the RC 64 II is voice matched to the RF 7 IIs. This might not bother you, and it certainly doesn't bother some who've done this. But, I've heard them mixed, and I didn't like it. It's also expensive, almost as much as a single RF 7 II. Simply put, I'd rather just keep saving for the RF 7 IIs and then get the RC 64 II.

I could swing for the center now, might have to wait a month or so to get the rf-7s. On the right side of the screen i only have 9 inches between the screen and the door frame. Sure I could put a larger speaker there but I think it may look off a bit so I would like to keep the Rf-8s if I could. I know the tweeter is 1" compared to 1.75" on the rc64II.

Any reason in particular why now is a good time to buy? Are they changing out the model year.
post #37417 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
I could swing for the center now, might have to wait a month or so to get the rf-7s. On the right side of the screen i only have 9 inches between the screen and the door frame. Sure I could put a larger speaker there but I think it may look off a bit so I would like to keep the Rf-8s if I could. I know the tweeter is 1" compared to 1.75" on the rc64II.

Any reason in particular why now is a good time to buy? Are they changing out the model year.

Personally, I'd think that those RF 8s should be plenty for that size room. Maybe update to RF 62 IIs or 82 IIs with RC 52 II or 62 II
post #37418 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
Personally, I'd think that those RF 8s should be plenty for that size room. Maybe update to RF 62 IIs or 82 IIs with RC 52 II or 62 II
Yes...I think your right. I don't really need to upgrade my front LRC. I do have synergy book shelves and surrounds I think I will upgrade those first. I got the speakers as a gift so I cant complain. I personally wouldn't have bought them but hey, it was free.
post #37419 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

Klipsch also said I would need to give the rc64 200rms and suggested I get a 3 channel amp to run my fronts. I did some math and its about a $1400 investment to upgrade my front speaking and get a new amp for them.

Here is a crappy pic of my room.

I have the 64 II and can only comment on it as a center since I bought it to go with my RF 82s.

I personally don't like it and love the 82s but I've never hooked up one of my amps to it either. I just have it running off the AVR like the towers. I can't pinpoint what it is that I don't like but can say that it sounds thin and lacks dynamics. I don't have it in a treated room (its in my bar room with tile floors but has a large rug on the floor between the speakers and MLP).

That's just my findings and have talked to other members here who felt like I do about it. For the money I was really disappointed but its really the only speaker that matched my L and R so have kept it. Maybe putting some power to it will wake it up but I just don't see it improving that much in all honesty.

Last edited by audiovideoholic; Yesterday at 03:34 PM.
post #37420 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 66
You need to wake that RC 64 up. It certainly shouldn't be sounding thin and lacking dynamics. Something is wrong with the set up. Try one of the amps you haven't hooked up yet.
cchunter likes this.

post #37421 of 37438 Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post
I have the 64 II and can only comment on it as a center since I bought it to go with my RF 82s.

I personally don't like it and love the 82s but I've never hooked up one of my amps to it either. I just have it running off the AVR like the towers. I can't pinpoint what it is that I don't like but can say that it sounds thin and lacks dynamics. I don't have it in a treated room (its in my bar room with tile floors but has a large rug on the floor between the speakers and MLP).

That's just my findings and have talked to other members here who felt like I do about it. For the money I was really disappointed but its really the only speaker that matched my L and R so have kept it. Maybe putting some power to it will wake it up but I just don't see it improving that much in all honesty.
Sounds thin and lacks dynamics? Hmm sounds like somethings not right in your setup. I have mine running just off my Denon and in no way does it sound thin. I know it will sound even better once I throw some more power to it. I'm assuming you will be selling it then?

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37422 of 37438 Old Today, 01:14 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:

What are your main L/R? I can tell you what I run and to me it sounds excellent! I once had the rc62ii but replaced it with the rc64ii. The 62 is a good speaker, I now run 2 as surrounds. I originally had the 64 running off a 300w nad set to mono. It now runs off 1 ch from an amc 150w×3 amp. Between my rf82iis it sounds A LOT BETTER than the rc62ii ever did. So, imho, if movies are the main material then yes a better center will be the way to go. The timbre mismatch doesnt bother me and 150w does fine between 2 towers also on 150w, also nad. Btw if I could afford rf7 etc I would have them. Still a work in progress
post #37423 of 37438 Old Today, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Alex stated this is the klipsch forum regarding the new budget reference line

"For those wondering, here are the differences between Icon and this new line of Reference.
All new Reference Linear Travel Suspension tweeter design for smoother, more powerful high frequencies.
All new mechanical woofer design with seamless dustcap for minimized mid frequency diffraction and distortion.
All new Spun Copper IMG woofer cone is incredibly rigid, with new design adding structural integrity for minimal cone break up at high excursion levels. This makes for even cleaner, more accurate low frequency reproduction.
All new Brushed Polymer Veneer finish is exceptionally durable with a much more contemporary aesthetic over the previous wood grain vinyl of the Icon series."
post #37424 of 37438 Old Today, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
What are your main L/R? I can tell you what I run and to me it sounds excellent! I once had the rc62ii but replaced it with the rc64ii. The 62 is a good speaker, I now run 2 as surrounds. I originally had the 64 running off a 300w nad set to mono. It now runs off 1 ch from an amc 150w×3 amp. Between my rf82iis it sounds A LOT BETTER than the rc62ii ever did. So, imho, if movies are the main material then yes a better center will be the way to go. The timbre mismatch doesnt bother me and 150w does fine between 2 towers also on 150w, also nad. Btw if I could afford rf7 etc I would have them. Still a work in progress
My mains are rc-3 and rf-3 a few years old but they still sound great. I also got them for free.

Last edited by lemonslush; Today at 10:56 AM.
post #37425 of 37438 Old Today, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
My mains are rc-3 and rd-3 a few years old but they still sound great. I also got them for free.
RC-64II center must be outstanding so if you already have if why not to try del rest and get RF-7II's? If you budget is ok with it.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37426 of 37438 Old Today, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I posted this video over in the Klipsch Forums.

As most of you know I LOVE taking pics of audio gear and sharing it here with the Klipsch Community. If they say a picture is worth a 1000 words...how much is a video worth? Who knows but I thought I would try something different by posting a video of my setup. It's rare that we ever get to see who is behind the screename so I thought I would give you a snapshot of me and my Home Theater. Plus I just needed another reason to use my GoPro Hero3+ Black.

Be sure to change it to 1080p in your youtube settings. To do so, you'll need to click on the Youtube link on the video and view it on Youtube instead of from within the AVS Forum. Enjoy

retro124 likes this.

7.1 Dedicated Home Theater
Speakers: (3) Klipsch LaScalas for LCR, RS-62ii Side Surrounds, RS-62ii Back Surrounds & RSW-15 Sub (Maple)

Video: Panasonic AE3000u Projector with 103" Elite Cinescope (2.35:1) Screen, PS3 (80 gig) for Blu-ray, AppleTV
Audio: Harman Kardon AVR 3600 with Sherbourn 72100A...

post #37427 of 37438 Old Today, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post
I posted this video over in the Klipsch Forums.

As most of you know I LOVE taking pics of audio gear and sharing it here with the Klipsch Community. If they say a picture is worth a 1000 words...how much is a video worth? Who knows but I thought I would try something different by posting a video of my setup. It's rare that we ever get to see who is behind the screename so I thought I would give you a snapshot of me and my Home Theater. Plus I just needed another reason to use my GoPro Hero3+ Black.

Be sure to change it to 1080p in your youtube settings. To do so, you'll need to click on the Youtube link on the video and view it on Youtube instead of from within the AVS Forum. Enjoy

Video Tour of Youthman's LaScala Home Theater
You have a very sweet HT room!!!! I did not realize how big LaScalas are in real, they are huge!!! Your set up is very nice, it is great to have all in extra HT room!!!!

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted with new construction project!!!

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37428 of 37438 Old Today, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Thx Retro. I had forgotten how large LaScalas were when I first saw them several years ago. When I went to look at them I was taken back at the size of them.
post #37429 of 37438 Old Today, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

I started a Youtan's 2.0 Build Thread Youthman's Home Theater 2.0 Build
post #37430 of 37438 Old Today, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Great plan it will be even better then now, will read whole posting later, looks great sleek and clean when is all hidden. You should start selling tickets to come to see movie in your HT, really great room!!!!

What did you use to dimmer light with Logitech One?

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37431 of 37438 Old Today, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
What did you use to dimmer light with Logitech One?
I have the Logitech Harmony One Remote. Forgot to mention it in the video
post #37432 of 37438 Old Today, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Thanks for the YouTube link; added it to Watch Later on the Plasma.
post #37433 of 37438 Old Today, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have the Logitech Harmony One Remote. Forgot to mention it in the video
I know you do a saw it on video, I have one too but what you add to light system to be able to dimmer light with remote controller?

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37434 of 37438 Old Today, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
What the heck is a Youtan?

9.2 System.....
Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 Powered by Emotiva XPA-5 X 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RS-7's Side Surrounds
Klipsch RS-52II's Rear Surrounds
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 12...
post #37435 of 37438 Old Today, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I know you do a saw it on video, I have one too but what you add to light system to be able to dimmer light with remote controller?
Sorry, I misread your question. I currently have the Lutron Maestro. It's pretty simple with only one scene. I like having the ability to slowly fade lights over 20 second period. With the redesign, I'll be adding a Lutron Spacer since I want to have a few different scenes (one being a scene for revealing the LaScalas from behind the AT Screen).

Speakers: (3) Klipsch LaScalas for LCR, RS-62ii Side Surrounds, RS-62ii Back Surrounds & RSW-15 Sub (Maple)

Video: Panasonic AE3000u Projector with 103" Elite Cinescope (2.35:1) Screen, PS3 (80 gig) for Blu-ray, AppleTV

post #37436 of 37438 Old Today, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^ auto correct HELP?
post #37437 of 37438 Old Today, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Probably so, I was typing on my phone. It's bad about that.

post #37438 of 37438 Old Today, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

I hate that; but, it makes me tolerant of typos.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page