Klipsch owner thread - Page 1250 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #37471 of 37500 Unread 07-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 431
How are the 7's working out for you CC? Silly question?

9.2 System.....
Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 Powered by Emotiva XPA-5 X 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RS-7's Side Surrounds
Klipsch RS-52II's Rear Surrounds
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 12...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37472 of 37500 Unread 07-28-2014, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
How are the 7's working out for you CC? Silly question?
Oh the 7's are working out just fine. Amazing speakers and am saving up to give them some more power to get them to open up more at reference volume. Very happy with them. When I first saw them at Ryan's house I was blown away at how big they were but after having them for a month they don't seem so big now.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37473 of 37500 Unread 07-28-2014, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I took all of mine off and replaced them with these. You could make your own or check with Klipsch parts.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiophile-S...item35da15d95c
Whoa I have been eyeing those same jumpers. I think I will pull the trigger on them soon. They look very high end and of good quality.

Denon AVR 3312
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37474 of 37500 Unread 07-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Whoa I have been eyeing those same jumpers. I think I will pull the trigger on them soon. They look very high end and of good quality.
I need to ask because I just don't know what those are for? We have on klipsch that little brass plate correct so those are just better then original Klipsch plates?

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37475 of 37500 Unread 07-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I need to ask because I just don't know what those are for? We have on klipsch that little brass plate correct so those are just better then original Klipsch plates?
Well it's subjective if they are better but yes they replaced the flat jumper plates. 4 to a pack with a fair price and they appear very well built.

9.2 System.....
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
post #37476 of 37500 Unread 07-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Oh the 7's are working out just fine. Amazing speakers and am saving up to give them some more power to get them to open up more at reference volume. Very happy with them. When I first saw them at Ryan's house I was blown away at how big they were but after having them for a month they don't seem so big now.
Nice, the longer you have them the more they tend to fade into the decor.

Happy for you bud!

9.2 System.....
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
post #37477 of 37500 Unread 07-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well it's subjective if they are better but yes they replaced the flat jumper plates. 4 to a pack with a fair price and they appear very well built.
Oh yes no question about that, they looks amazing. So did you replace them on every single speaker in your system?
I also love RCA wire what seller have.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37478 of 37500 Unread 07-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
So did you replace them on every single speaker in your system?
Just the towers and center. The older (RB75s) ones used a nice pair of factory jumper cables.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0020.jpg (197.2 KB, 107 views)
Louis Bartay likes this.

9.2 System.....
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains
Klipsch RC-64II Center
Klipsch RB-75s Heights
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4

Last edited by Tasdom; 07-28-2014 at 10:56 PM.
post #37479 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Do you guys like the direction that Klipsch is going in? Apparently the goal is to just have all of their speakers fall under the "Reference" line....with the exception of Heritage of course. Do you all think that's a good idea? Personally I don't. I felt like having the Icon/Synergy line and "more exclusive" Reference line helped people fin what they were looking for based on their price range...but now with everything being called Reference I think that may lead to more confusion...Just like this new Reference line that they just added....They look cheaper than the regular Reference but the misinformed may think that they are all the same....I feel like it would have been better to keep the Copper woofers and Reference name exclusive to their more expensive offerings. What are you guys opinions?

Mancave System:
Mains: RF-7IIs
Center: RC-62 (need to upgrade)
Surrounds: RF-82s
Display: Optoma 1080p 3d projector with 120" Screen
Misc: PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Roku 3, Harman receiver, Wii, Blu Ray player
post #37480 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 02:42 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Yeah I have the same question, I have a C-20 paired with two f-30s and it just doesn't have enough kick. Then of course you get into a timbre match problem I think.
I had an rc62ii between f30s for a while. Sounded great!
sikclown likes this.
post #37481 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
Okay I just found a(looking for KC-25) RC-25 center speaker for cheap but I already own a C-3 but to me it doesn't have enough kick to go with my F-30....Would the RC-25 be a upgrade over the C-2 ?...Thanks
Regardless what anyone says, f30s are awesome speakers. I had them and rf82iis, they are more similar than different. In saying that, they are the only speakers in the synergy line I would ever consider, the centers wont keep up.
post #37482 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
Do you guys like the direction that Klipsch is going in? Apparently the goal is to just have all of their speakers fall under the "Reference" line....with the exception of Heritage of course. Do you all think that's a good idea? Personally I don't. I felt like having the Icon/Synergy line and "more exclusive" Reference line helped people fin what they were looking for based on their price range...but now with everything being called Reference I think that may lead to more confusion...Just like this new Reference line that they just added....They look cheaper than the regular Reference but the misinformed may think that they are all the same....I feel like it would have been better to keep the Copper woofers and Reference name exclusive to their more expensive offerings. What are you guys opinions?

I'll give you my opinion which is from a unique perspective. Klipsch is doing the same thing as PSB. They used to have the Image, Imagine, and Syncrony lines. Now it'll just be the Imagine I II and III (or something like that.) This really helps out the customer keep track of everything. Usually the price tag does 90% of the quality explaining. Since PSB doesn't sell in the big boxes it's less complicated though. I wish Klipsch would copy that model, but I'm biased I guess.

The fact that Reference I (former Synergy/Icon) have copper horns means that to a casual eye they look more similar, but before this reset I lost count of casual folks who just thought the Reference II was a dressed up Synergy. Go ahead and throw up now, but it's true. Now that they look similar, the idea now is that the casual customer will (hopefully) understand that the higher price is refelected by quality inside the speaker- we aren't just selling window dressing.

Frankly I don't mind the copper horns on the Reference I, and I think it'll be beneficial in the long run. Customers who get the Reference I might have more ownership pride and upgrade to the Reference II. Anything that keeps the ignorant, but otherwise good folks away from soundbars is a win in my book.

On an aside, and this is 6 month old information, but there's going to be a new line above the Reference II, but since then I heard it's not EXACTLY how it's going to work. This new insight strains the imagination, so stayed tuned.
post #37483 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
It looks they painted the icon woofers, thats it. I can't see how these would sound a whole lot different from the Synergy/Icon lines.
This is what Klipsch commented on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/KlipschAudi...type=1&theater

All new Reference Linear Travel Suspension tweeter design for smoother, more powerful high frequencies. All new mechanical woofer design with seamless dustcap for minimized mid frequency diffraction and distortion. All new Spun Copper IMG woofer cone is incredibly rigid, with new design adding structural integrity for minimal cone break up at high excursion levels. This makes for even cleaner, more accurate low frequency reproduction. All new Brushed Polymer Veneer finish is exceptionally durable with a much more contemporary aesthetic over the previous wood grain vinyl of the Icon series.
post #37484 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Tasdom;26120538]Just the towers and center. The older (RB75s) ones used a nice pair of factory jumper cables.

Thanks I did not know older klipsch have those from factory,thanks for picture.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37485 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I found a pair of Rb-61 IV for 150-200$ and a Rc-62 all for $300. The books shelves are missing the grills. I was thinking of that book shelf to replace my front high SB-2's. You think the Rc-62 is any better than my rc-3? or are they the same speaker more or less?
post #37486 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Regardless what anyone says, f30s are awesome speakers. I had them and rf82iis, they are more similar than different. In saying that, they are the only speakers in the synergy line I would ever consider, the centers wont keep up.
Quote:
I had an rc62ii between f30s for a while. Sounded great!
I tried a KC-25 between a pair of KF-28's and it sounded terrible...very hollow. I returned and upgraded to an RC-52 ii and have been very happy...still wonder if I should've gone with the RC-62 ii, but in my smaller living room the RC-52 ii keeps up just fine, and sounds a lot better matched with the KF-28's than the KEF center I was using before.
post #37487 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toleedo View Post
I tried a KC-25 between a pair of KF-28's and it sounded terrible...very hollow. I returned and upgraded to an RC-52 ii and have been very happy...still wonder if I should've gone with the RC-62 ii, but in my smaller living room the RC-52 ii keeps up just fine, and sounds a lot better matched with the KF-28's than the KEF center I was using before.
If your MLP is lower then 10feet RS-52II's and RS-62II's doing very similar job hard to tell different!!!!
If your room is huge and surrounds are fair away then RS-62II's is way to go.
Many Klipsch dealer experts said that when I was looking for those.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37488 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
The reference line is the most popular line they have. So they must think this will make more money putting the gold/copper on everything. I personally think it will water down the line too much.

I think they will sell more lower level speakers with this. But I also think they will sell less higher level ones (like the rf82ii). Looks matter and was part of the draw of the reference line. People upgraded from the lower levels and got a whole new looking speaker. So now upgrading from a lower reference to a higher one ends up with a similar looking speaker.
post #37489 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
The reference line is the most popular line they have. So they must think this will make more money putting the gold/copper on everything. I personally think it will water down the line too much.

I think they will sell more lower level speakers with this. But I also think they will sell less higher level ones (like the rf82ii). Looks matter and was part of the draw of the reference line. People upgraded from the lower levels and got a whole new looking speaker. So now upgrading from a lower reference to a higher one ends up with a similar looking speaker.
I couldn't agree more!

Denon AVR 3312
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37490 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Klipsch now has a "reference" sound bar.

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...speaker-series

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #37491 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
I posted the below on another forum.
IMO,
I really think it's a marketing strategy. Upon looking at the spec's the ICON KF-28 and the New Reference R-28F appear to have really close spec's and priced about the same. The ICON is a bit taller and weighs a tad bit more per (Best Buy Website)
My way of thinking all they have done is changed the woofer color and maybe the cabinet finish. (LOL)
I would like to hear of somebody doing a blind test .
post #37492 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Klipsch now has a "reference" sound bar.

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...speaker-series
What happened here is just better name for sound bar , don't worry it still can't keep up with your staff
When I come from Synergy line to Reference line I love name Reference sounds so special so but not any more now looks like we will have just many steps up in Reference line I,II,III maybe even four who knows, doesn't sound that good any more.

But is is just name longest they make those amazing speakers I forgive them this change

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37493 of 37500 Unread Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Hi guys. Just thought I would share, a pair of heresy has come up here on trademe(New Zealand's ebay) $950NZ. 1 it seems a bit much and 2 I was hoping for something bigger. Probably will stay away, thoughts?
post #37494 of 37500 Unread Today, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi guys. Just thought I would share, a pair of heresy has come up here on trademe(New Zealand's ebay) $950NZ. 1 it seems a bit much and 2 I was hoping for something bigger. Probably will stay away, thoughts?
Are you looking to build a Heritage system now? That seems high if it were in the USA but not sure if that's a good deal for NZ. I know prices there are a bit steeper. Save your money and get the RF7II's. You think your 82II's rock ha just wait till you hear the 7II's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHADHUNTERHOMEAUDIO05LowRes.jpg (436.7 KB, 11 views)

Denon AVR 3312
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED

Last edited by cchunter; Today at 12:24 AM.
post #37495 of 37500 Unread Today, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Are you looking to build a Heritage system now? That seems high if it were in the USA but not sure if that's a good deal for NZ. I know prices there are a bit steeper. Save your money and get the RF7II's. You think your 82II's rock ha just wait till you hear the 7II's.
Just a little bit jealous... yea I really want rf7iis, but if some lascalas or fortes etc came up I would probably just get them solely because they dont exist here. But heresy probably too small for my liking.
post #37496 of 37500 Unread Today, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Just a little bit jealous... yea I really want rf7iis, but if some lascalas or fortes etc came up I would probably just get them solely because they dont exist here. But heresy probably too small for my liking.
After reading your posts for quite some time now I'd have to say yea the Heresys aren't gonna do it for ya. I know you like it LOUD!!

Denon AVR 3312
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37497 of 37500 Unread Today, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
What do you guys recommend setting the crossover at in the AVR for the RF-7iis, RC-64ii, and RB-61iis? Put them all at 80 and forget about it?

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #37498 of 37500 Unread Today, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
What do you guys recommend setting the crossover at in the AVR for the RF-7iis, RC-64ii, and RB-61iis? Put them all at 80 and forget about it?
80 in back/center but you may want to try 60 in front. Just try both 60 and 80 up front and decide which you prefer. It's different which each system and sub.

Denon X4000
Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts
Klipsch KLF-C7 Center
Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds
Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs
BenQ W1070 projector
106" Antra fixed Screen
3D powered by AMD home built computer
True Depth 3D glasses (pair)
SainSonic 3D glasses (pair)
post #37499 of 37500 Unread Today, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I cross my fronts at 60. Center and surrounds are crossed at 80.

Denon AVR 3312
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37500 of 37500 Unread Today, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:

See what sounds the best between 40 or 60 for the RF 7IIs and RC 64II. 80 is too high for that set in my opinion unless you just have a low power AVR. 80 for the surrounds

Sometimes 80 is directional out of the sub, and that's the case with my RF 62 IIs. I run them at 60, so I think the RF 7 IIs would be fine

Last edited by ClawAndTalon; Today at 10:49 AM.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each