Klipsch owner thread - Page 1250 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Audio > Speakers > Klipsch owner thread

Speakers

Tasdom's Avatar Tasdom
09:17 PM Liked: 457
post #37471 of 42421
07-28-2014 | Posts: 634
Joined: Aug 2012
How are the 7's working out for you CC? Silly question?
cchunter's Avatar cchunter
10:44 PM Liked: 592
post #37472 of 42421
07-28-2014 | Posts: 1,523
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
How are the 7's working out for you CC? Silly question?
Oh the 7's are working out just fine. Amazing speakers and am saving up to give them some more power to get them to open up more at reference volume. Very happy with them. When I first saw them at Ryan's house I was blown away at how big they were but after having them for a month they don't seem so big now.
cchunter's Avatar cchunter
10:47 PM Liked: 592
post #37473 of 42421
07-28-2014 | Posts: 1,523
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
I took all of mine off and replaced them with these. You could make your own or check with Klipsch parts.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audiophile-S...item35da15d95c
Whoa I have been eyeing those same jumpers. I think I will pull the trigger on them soon. They look very high end and of good quality.
retro124's Avatar retro124
11:00 PM Liked: 309
post #37474 of 42421
07-28-2014 | Posts: 1,415
Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Whoa I have been eyeing those same jumpers. I think I will pull the trigger on them soon. They look very high end and of good quality.
I need to ask because I just don't know what those are for? We have on klipsch that little brass plate correct so those are just better then original Klipsch plates?
Tasdom's Avatar Tasdom
11:18 PM Liked: 457
post #37475 of 42421
07-28-2014 | Posts: 634
Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I need to ask because I just don't know what those are for? We have on klipsch that little brass plate correct so those are just better then original Klipsch plates?
Well it's subjective if they are better but yes they replaced the flat jumper plates. 4 to a pack with a fair price and they appear very well built.
Tasdom's Avatar Tasdom
11:22 PM Liked: 457
post #37476 of 42421
07-28-2014 | Posts: 634
Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Oh the 7's are working out just fine. Amazing speakers and am saving up to give them some more power to get them to open up more at reference volume. Very happy with them. When I first saw them at Ryan's house I was blown away at how big they were but after having them for a month they don't seem so big now.
Nice, the longer you have them the more they tend to fade into the decor.

Happy for you bud!
retro124's Avatar retro124
11:23 PM Liked: 309
post #37477 of 42421
07-28-2014 | Posts: 1,415
Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Well it's subjective if they are better but yes they replaced the flat jumper plates. 4 to a pack with a fair price and they appear very well built.
Oh yes no question about that, they looks amazing. So did you replace them on every single speaker in your system?
I also love RCA wire what seller have.
Tasdom's Avatar Tasdom
11:44 PM Liked: 457
post #37478 of 42421
07-28-2014 | Posts: 634
Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
So did you replace them on every single speaker in your system?
Just the towers and center. The older (RB75s) ones used a nice pair of factory jumper cables.


Attached: PICT0020.jpg (197.2 KB) 
jjennings2510's Avatar jjennings2510
02:54 AM Liked: 34
post #37479 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 97
Joined: Aug 2010
Do you guys like the direction that Klipsch is going in? Apparently the goal is to just have all of their speakers fall under the "Reference" line....with the exception of Heritage of course. Do you all think that's a good idea? Personally I don't. I felt like having the Icon/Synergy line and "more exclusive" Reference line helped people fin what they were looking for based on their price range...but now with everything being called Reference I think that may lead to more confusion...Just like this new Reference line that they just added....They look cheaper than the regular Reference but the misinformed may think that they are all the same....I feel like it would have been better to keep the Copper woofers and Reference name exclusive to their more expensive offerings. What are you guys opinions?
Robbiey60's Avatar Robbiey60
03:42 AM Liked: 237
post #37480 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 435
Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Yeah I have the same question, I have a C-20 paired with two f-30s and it just doesn't have enough kick. Then of course you get into a timbre match problem I think.
I had an rc62ii between f30s for a while. Sounded great!
Robbiey60's Avatar Robbiey60
03:53 AM Liked: 237
post #37481 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 435
Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
Okay I just found a(looking for KC-25) RC-25 center speaker for cheap but I already own a C-3 but to me it doesn't have enough kick to go with my F-30....Would the RC-25 be a upgrade over the C-2 ?...Thanks
Regardless what anyone says, f30s are awesome speakers. I had them and rf82iis, they are more similar than different. In saying that, they are the only speakers in the synergy line I would ever consider, the centers wont keep up.
ClawAndTalon's Avatar ClawAndTalon
08:12 AM Liked: 158
post #37482 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 598
Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
Do you guys like the direction that Klipsch is going in? Apparently the goal is to just have all of their speakers fall under the "Reference" line....with the exception of Heritage of course. Do you all think that's a good idea? Personally I don't. I felt like having the Icon/Synergy line and "more exclusive" Reference line helped people fin what they were looking for based on their price range...but now with everything being called Reference I think that may lead to more confusion...Just like this new Reference line that they just added....They look cheaper than the regular Reference but the misinformed may think that they are all the same....I feel like it would have been better to keep the Copper woofers and Reference name exclusive to their more expensive offerings. What are you guys opinions?

I'll give you my opinion which is from a unique perspective. Klipsch is doing the same thing as PSB. They used to have the Image, Imagine, and Syncrony lines. Now it'll just be the Imagine I II and III (or something like that.) This really helps out the customer keep track of everything. Usually the price tag does 90% of the quality explaining. Since PSB doesn't sell in the big boxes it's less complicated though. I wish Klipsch would copy that model, but I'm biased I guess.


The fact that Reference I (former Synergy/Icon) have copper horns means that to a casual eye they look more similar, but before this reset I lost count of casual folks who just thought the Reference II was a dressed up Synergy. Go ahead and throw up now, but it's true. Now that they look similar, the idea now is that the casual customer will (hopefully) understand that the higher price is refelected by quality inside the speaker- we aren't just selling window dressing.


Frankly I don't mind the copper horns on the Reference I, and I think it'll be beneficial in the long run. Customers who get the Reference I might have more ownership pride and upgrade to the Reference II. Anything that keeps the ignorant, but otherwise good folks away from soundbars is a win in my book.


On an aside, and this is 6 month old information, but there's going to be a new line above the Reference II, but since then I heard it's not EXACTLY how it's going to work. This new insight strains the imagination, so stayed tuned.
eaux's Avatar eaux
10:49 AM Liked: 25
post #37483 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 71
Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
It looks they painted the icon woofers, thats it. I can't see how these would sound a whole lot different from the Synergy/Icon lines.
This is what Klipsch commented on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/KlipschAudi...type=1&theater

All new Reference Linear Travel Suspension tweeter design for smoother, more powerful high frequencies. All new mechanical woofer design with seamless dustcap for minimized mid frequency diffraction and distortion. All new Spun Copper IMG woofer cone is incredibly rigid, with new design adding structural integrity for minimal cone break up at high excursion levels. This makes for even cleaner, more accurate low frequency reproduction. All new Brushed Polymer Veneer finish is exceptionally durable with a much more contemporary aesthetic over the previous wood grain vinyl of the Icon series.
retro124's Avatar retro124
11:12 AM Liked: 309
post #37484 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 1,415
Joined: Dec 2013
[QUOTE=Tasdom;26120538]Just the towers and center. The older (RB75s) ones used a nice pair of factory jumper cables.

Thanks I did not know older klipsch have those from factory,thanks for picture.
lemonslush's Avatar lemonslush
12:13 PM Liked: 105
post #37485 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 915
Joined: Feb 2013
I found a pair of Rb-61 IV for 150-200$ and a Rc-62 all for $300. The books shelves are missing the grills. I was thinking of that book shelf to replace my front high SB-2's. You think the Rc-62 is any better than my rc-3? or are they the same speaker more or less?
Toleedo's Avatar Toleedo
12:54 PM Liked: 11
post #37486 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 27
Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Regardless what anyone says, f30s are awesome speakers. I had them and rf82iis, they are more similar than different. In saying that, they are the only speakers in the synergy line I would ever consider, the centers wont keep up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
I had an rc62ii between f30s for a while. Sounded great!
I tried a KC-25 between a pair of KF-28's and it sounded terrible...very hollow. I returned and upgraded to an RC-52 ii and have been very happy...still wonder if I should've gone with the RC-62 ii, but in my smaller living room the RC-52 ii keeps up just fine, and sounds a lot better matched with the KF-28's than the KEF center I was using before.
retro124's Avatar retro124
01:03 PM Liked: 309
post #37487 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 1,415
Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toleedo View Post
I tried a KC-25 between a pair of KF-28's and it sounded terrible...very hollow. I returned and upgraded to an RC-52 ii and have been very happy...still wonder if I should've gone with the RC-62 ii, but in my smaller living room the RC-52 ii keeps up just fine, and sounds a lot better matched with the KF-28's than the KEF center I was using before.
If your MLP is lower then 10feet RS-52II's and RS-62II's doing very similar job hard to tell different!!!!
If your room is huge and surrounds are fair away then RS-62II's is way to go.
Many Klipsch dealer experts said that when I was looking for those.
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head
01:20 PM Liked: 721
post #37488 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 2,030
Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
Do you guys like the direction that Klipsch is going in? Apparently the goal is to just have all of their speakers fall under the "Reference" line....with the exception of Heritage of course. Do you all think that's a good idea? Personally I don't. I felt like having the Icon/Synergy line and "more exclusive" Reference line helped people fin what they were looking for based on their price range...but now with everything being called Reference I think that may lead to more confusion...Just like this new Reference line that they just added....They look cheaper than the regular Reference but the misinformed may think that they are all the same....I feel like it would have been better to keep the Copper woofers and Reference name exclusive to their more expensive offerings. What are you guys opinions?
The reference line is the most popular line they have. So they must think this will make more money putting the gold/copper on everything. I personally think it will water down the line too much.

I think they will sell more lower level speakers with this. But I also think they will sell less higher level ones (like the rf82ii). Looks matter and was part of the draw of the reference line. People upgraded from the lower levels and got a whole new looking speaker. So now upgrading from a lower reference to a higher one ends up with a similar looking speaker.
cchunter's Avatar cchunter
01:44 PM Liked: 592
post #37489 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 1,523
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
The reference line is the most popular line they have. So they must think this will make more money putting the gold/copper on everything. I personally think it will water down the line too much.

I think they will sell more lower level speakers with this. But I also think they will sell less higher level ones (like the rf82ii). Looks matter and was part of the draw of the reference line. People upgraded from the lower levels and got a whole new looking speaker. So now upgrading from a lower reference to a higher one ends up with a similar looking speaker.
I couldn't agree more!
Kini62's Avatar Kini62
03:57 PM Liked: 505
post #37490 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 3,602
Joined: Mar 2009
Klipsch now has a "reference" sound bar.

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...speaker-series
Ray77085's Avatar Ray77085
05:45 PM Liked: 133
post #37491 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 718
Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
Do you guys like the direction that Klipsch is going in? Apparently the goal is to just have all of their speakers fall under the "Reference" line....with the exception of Heritage of course. Do you all think that's a good idea? Personally I don't. I felt like having the Icon/Synergy line and "more exclusive" Reference line helped people fin what they were looking for based on their price range...but now with everything being called Reference I think that may lead to more confusion...Just like this new Reference line that they just added....They look cheaper than the regular Reference but the misinformed may think that they are all the same....I feel like it would have been better to keep the Copper woofers and Reference name exclusive to their more expensive offerings. What are you guys opinions?
I posted the below on another forum.
IMO,
I really think it's a marketing strategy. Upon looking at the spec's the ICON KF-28 and the New Reference R-28F appear to have really close spec's and priced about the same. The ICON is a bit taller and weighs a tad bit more per (Best Buy Website)
My way of thinking all they have done is changed the woofer color and maybe the cabinet finish. (LOL)
I would like to hear of somebody doing a blind test .
retro124's Avatar retro124
06:52 PM Liked: 309
post #37492 of 42421
07-29-2014 | Posts: 1,415
Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Klipsch now has a "reference" sound bar.

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...speaker-series
What happened here is just better name for sound bar , don't worry it still can't keep up with your staff
When I come from Synergy line to Reference line I love name Reference sounds so special so but not any more now looks like we will have just many steps up in Reference line I,II,III maybe even four who knows, doesn't sound that good any more.

But is is just name longest they make those amazing speakers I forgive them this change
Robbiey60's Avatar Robbiey60
12:25 AM Liked: 237
post #37493 of 42421
07-30-2014 | Posts: 435
Joined: May 2013
Hi guys. Just thought I would share, a pair of heresy has come up here on trademe(New Zealand's ebay) $950NZ. 1 it seems a bit much and 2 I was hoping for something bigger. Probably will stay away, thoughts?
cchunter's Avatar cchunter
01:20 AM Liked: 592
post #37494 of 42421
07-30-2014 | Posts: 1,523
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Hi guys. Just thought I would share, a pair of heresy has come up here on trademe(New Zealand's ebay) $950NZ. 1 it seems a bit much and 2 I was hoping for something bigger. Probably will stay away, thoughts?
Are you looking to build a Heritage system now? That seems high if it were in the USA but not sure if that's a good deal for NZ. I know prices there are a bit steeper. Save your money and get the RF7II's. You think your 82II's rock ha just wait till you hear the 7II's.
Attached: CHADHUNTERHOMEAUDIO05LowRes.jpg (436.7 KB) 
Robbiey60's Avatar Robbiey60
01:38 AM Liked: 237
post #37495 of 42421
07-30-2014 | Posts: 435
Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Are you looking to build a Heritage system now? That seems high if it were in the USA but not sure if that's a good deal for NZ. I know prices there are a bit steeper. Save your money and get the RF7II's. You think your 82II's rock ha just wait till you hear the 7II's.
Just a little bit jealous... yea I really want rf7iis, but if some lascalas or fortes etc came up I would probably just get them solely because they dont exist here. But heresy probably too small for my liking.
cchunter's Avatar cchunter
01:57 AM Liked: 592
post #37496 of 42421
07-30-2014 | Posts: 1,523
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Just a little bit jealous... yea I really want rf7iis, but if some lascalas or fortes etc came up I would probably just get them solely because they dont exist here. But heresy probably too small for my liking.
After reading your posts for quite some time now I'd have to say yea the Heresys aren't gonna do it for ya. I know you like it LOUD!!
Nickff's Avatar Nickff
05:45 AM Liked: 148
post #37497 of 42421
07-30-2014 | Posts: 1,720
Joined: Dec 2006
What do you guys recommend setting the crossover at in the AVR for the RF-7iis, RC-64ii, and RB-61iis? Put them all at 80 and forget about it?
Soupy1970's Avatar Soupy1970
09:00 AM Liked: 203
post #37498 of 42421
07-30-2014 | Posts: 490
Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
What do you guys recommend setting the crossover at in the AVR for the RF-7iis, RC-64ii, and RB-61iis? Put them all at 80 and forget about it?
80 in back/center but you may want to try 60 in front. Just try both 60 and 80 up front and decide which you prefer. It's different which each system and sub.
cchunter's Avatar cchunter
11:43 AM Liked: 592
post #37499 of 42421
07-30-2014 | Posts: 1,523
Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
What do you guys recommend setting the crossover at in the AVR for the RF-7iis, RC-64ii, and RB-61iis? Put them all at 80 and forget about it?
I cross my fronts at 60. Center and surrounds are crossed at 80.
ClawAndTalon's Avatar ClawAndTalon
11:46 AM Liked: 158
post #37500 of 42421
07-30-2014 | Posts: 598
Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
What do you guys recommend setting the crossover at in the AVR for the RF-7iis, RC-64ii, and RB-61iis? Put them all at 80 and forget about it?

See what sounds the best between 40 or 60 for the RF 7IIs and RC 64II. 80 is too high for that set in my opinion unless you just have a low power AVR. 80 for the surrounds


Sometimes 80 is directional out of the sub, and that's the case with my RF 62 IIs. I run them at 60, so I think the RF 7 IIs would be fine
Tags: belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Reply Speakers

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3