Forum Jump: 

post #37531 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Every single time I've called SD Eric's who answers the phone. If you manage to actually talk to someone else I'd be shocked.
Gotcha. Cool cool.

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but they have those specials on their site...The Premiere Acoustic Titanium setup for $1299. How would something like that compare to the RF-82 set up?

http://www.sounddistributors.com/buy...at_name=Search
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37532 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Gotcha. Cool cool.

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but they have those specials on their site...The Premiere Acoustic Titanium setup for $1299. How would something like that compare to the RF-82 set up?

I've never heard of Premiere Acoustic speakers. I consider myself pretty savvy when it comes to HT equipment, so there's probably a reason why Premiere Acoustic has never been on my radar.

However, generally speaking, you get what you pay for.
post #37533 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
I've never heard of Premiere Acoustic speakers. I consider myself pretty savvy when it comes to HT equipment, so there's probably a reason why Premiere Acoustic has never been on my radar.

However, generally speaking, you get what you pay for.
Understood. Was just asking since they were featured so predominantly on their website

I want that copper.
post #37534 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 99
A cheaper version of klipsch (or so people say) are the bic acoustech. They are also horn loaded and get very good reviews on this site if you are looking for horn speakers and want to save vs the klipsch. Go to the owner's thread for more info.

I've never heard them, but a lot of people are very happy with them. You could then put more money towards a sub. People usually get them for a discount off the offer price as well, but I can't remember how much cheaper. I think less than $1000 without a sub. Though people do like the PL-200...you could get two of those. Though most would probably prefer 2 pb1000 or a pb2000.

- Klipsch RF-82 ii, RC-62 ii, RS-52 ii
- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
post #37535 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru View Post
A cheaper version of klipsch (or so people say) are the bic acoustech. They are also horn loaded and get very good reviews on this site if you are looking for horn speakers and want to save vs the klipsch. Go to the owner's thread for more info.

I've never heard them, but a lot of people are very happy with them. You could then put more money towards a sub. People usually get them for a discount off the offer price as well, but I can't remember how much cheaper. I think less than $1000 without a sub. Though people do like the PL-200...you could get two of those. Though most would probably prefer 2 pb1000 or a pb2000.

Thanks for the suggestion. Those are really pretty!
post #37536 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone-Z View Post
Finally returned home and got to set up my home theater. I plan on adding rears when I move to a new house that will allow it space-wise.

AVR: Denon AVR-X2100W
Fronts: Klipsch RF-62 II
Center: Klipsch RC-62 II
Rears: Klipsch RS-42 II
Subwoofer: SVS PC12-NSD

Congrats man! How does it sound?

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #37537 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelittle View Post
Gotcha. Cool cool.

Can't say how they would compare to an RF82 system but that looks like a lot of speaker for the price. The PA150 sub has incredible output over 30hz.

A three way center at that price is a nice bonus.

They at least have titanium tweeters (BIC uses aluminum) just not compression drivers like Klipsch.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #37538 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post
Congrats man! How does it sound?
Thanks man! It sounds incredible.
I was a a little worried at first due to all the people saying how bright Klipsch speakers are. These are nowhere near being too bright, albeit I've been an MB Quart fan for a while.

Did some calibrations and some sound tests. I'm beyond impressed. The wife even loves the setup.
post #37539 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Finally returned home and got to set up my home theater. I plan on adding rears when I move to a new house that will allow it space-wise.

AVR: Denon AVR-X2100W
Fronts: Klipsch RF-62 II
Center: Klipsch RC-62 II
Rears: Klipsch RS-42 II
Subwoofer: SVS PC12-NSD

Congrats to your nice set up. It is so great to see Klipsch and SVS in Japan!!! Amazing how all good staff get so fast in those days around world!!!
Enjoy!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
PS3,Mac mini
Sony KDF-60XS955
post #37540 of 37540 Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Thanks man! It sounds incredible.
I was a a little worried at first due to all the people saying how bright Klipsch speakers are. These are nowhere near being too bright, albeit I've been an MB Quart fan for a while.

Did some calibrations and some sound tests. I'm beyond impressed. The wife even loves the setup.
I have basically your setup and on Home theatre, it's crazy good. You will love them. Music is meh imo, but I'm a 95% Home theatre user so Klipsch all the way!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page