post #3751 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToGo1 View Post

How close are the speakers to you?

I think I may have only 2 inches space between rear port and wall..is there any down side to that?

I was reading your earlier posts and thinking you may be one of the best person to ask and bang, in comes your reply I am sure you are enjoying your RF-82's!

my Ht is my Living room - to really enjoy my setup - i should have more room and sit futher back - but cant have everything - 2 inchs is tight but you can try to angle them in a little too - that would help also -

i am sitting about between 4 feet and 5 at most from the speakers and TV etc. - - the closer you are to the wall - the deeper the bass - but they do need a little breathing room - if i had the room - i would keep mines at least a foot away - but i dont and they are 6 inches - give off great bass - its not boomy - just deep - being that you are using the 62's - they are not as deep - so you may just like them that close - would add to the lows -
there is really no way to know for sure till you use them in your place -

did you buy them already - would you be able to return them if they really didnt work out because of the space -

i was worried also about space and because of that - i didnt get the RF 83's - good thing - because the 82's are the max that can fit in my space also - i think you will like them - try to see if you can angle them - that way it will have a little more space to breath rather than keeping them straight in front the wall - you can try it both ways and see which sounds better -

post back when your done and listened to them -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3752 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso712 View Post

my Ht is my Living room - to really enjoy my setup - i should have more room and sit futher back - but cant have everything - 2 inchs is tight but you can try to angle them in a little too - that would help also -

i am sitting about between 4 feet and 5 at most from the speakers and TV etc. - - the closer you are to the wall - the deeper the bass - but they do need a little breathing room - if i had the room - i would keep mines at least a foot away - but i dont and they are 6 inches - give off great bass - its not boomy - just deep - being that you are using the 62's - they are not as deep - so you may just like them that close - would add to the lows -
there is really no way to know for sure till you use them in your place -

did you buy them already - would you be able to return them if they really didnt work out because of the space -

i was worried also about space and because of that - i didnt get the RF 83's - good thing - because the 82's are the max that can fit in my space also - i think you will like them - try to see if you can angle them - that way it will have a little more space to breath rather than keeping them straight in front the wall - you can try it both ways and see which sounds better -

post back when your done and listened to them -

Thanks for your reply again!

I need a little clarification, when you say you sit 4-5 feet from the TV and speakers, do you mean that the front of the speaker is 4-5 feet from you or the back of the speaker is 4-5 feet from you?

I may be sitting even closer...How do you find the sound quality of the speakers? I went for a test demo of the speakers and found the closer you get, the better the sound gets..this of course could be my opinion only
post #3753 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:

I need a little clarification, when you say you sit 4-5 feet from the TV and speakers, do you mean that the front of the speaker is 4-5 feet from you or the back of the speaker is 4-5 feet from you?

I may be sitting even closer...How do you find the sound quality of the speakers? I went for a test demo of the speakers and found the closer you get, the better the sound gets..this of course could be my opinion only

the sound is great - dont worry about that
i have two recliners about 4 1/2 feet from the Front of the speakers - maybe 5 at the most -

here is a picture -

post #3754 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:

i have two recliners about 4 1/2 feet from the Front of the speakers - maybe 5 at the most -

here is a picture -

wrong picture - here is the other one

i thought i had a better pic - i have to take a few more because i changed things now a little
post #3755 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 AM

Liked: 10
I posted this in another thread but I think this thread is more appropriate. Sorry for the double post...

I currently own a Yamaha YSP-900 soundbar and a Yamaha subwoofer matched to it. Would I get better sound (for stereo music and surround) if I change it for a Yamaha receiver (rx-v663) and a set of Klipsch Quintet III's and keeping my woofer? I had a hard time trying to hear comparisons in the store because of the ways it was hooked up so I would like to know if anyone had an opinion on this. I am leaning more towards good sounding CD's and mp3's than the 5.1 surround (which I assume is already better by the fact they are separates). Is it worth the effort to sell off the soundbar and go with the Klipsch speakers and Yamaha receiver? Thanks for your help.
post #3756 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob View Post

Peter,
Thanks for the input. I wouldn't mind putting Quartets for the sides but like you said with the passive radiator there just wouldn't be room. I also like the dipole surrounds. It works for now. Maybe some day K-horns for the mains!

Hopefully I could help a bit.

How about the La Scala placement? Are you getting them to vanish from the room?

post #3757 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 AM

Avenger, I would say you that you would certainly hear an improvement going to separates frrom the sound bar.
post #3758 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 02:11 PM

I considering installing three KL-650THX behind a Stewart microperf screen. Stewart's product guide suggests placing speakers 10~12' away from the screen while it also suggests that horn loaded speakers can be placed closer to the screen. Anyone knows how close i can place the accoustically transparent screen to the 650?
post #3759 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expresso712 View Post

here is a picture -

wrong picture - here is the other one

i thought i had a better pic - i have to take a few more because i changed things now a little

Hey man, thanks a lot for your replies...too bad we cant dd rep otherwise you would be some serious rep here
post #3760 of 37307 Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Hi, can you recommend me the Klipsch RT-12D subwoofer? I have a good offer (abut 60% of the MSRP) and have to decide today if I buy it.
So it would be nice if you could tell me if the sub is worth its money. I don't have a possibility do listen to it before...

Thanks!
Mofjo
post #3761 of 37307 Old 07-30-2008, 12:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mojo, for that kind of discount I'd go for it. If it doesn't live up to expectations you can get at least that much if not more out of it.
post #3762 of 37307 Old 07-30-2008, 06:00 AM

Quote:

Hey man, thanks a lot for your replies...too bad we cant dd rep otherwise you would be some serious rep here

thanks - since i took those pictures - i upgraded my center to Klipsch RC62 to match the fronts - - in process of making a new set of speaker wires for bi-amp setup - curious to try it out - at the moment i added a 2 channel amp for the fronts - its an old amp i had before i got the 7002 -

let us know how the RF62's work out for you - i am sure you will like them - and with the sub. should be great
post #3763 of 37307 Old 07-30-2008, 11:51 AM

Found a dealer with a pair of RF7 speakers like new and RC64 center. Looking for a fair value of each??

Thank You
post #3764 of 37307 Old 07-30-2008, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhu01 View Post

I considering installing three KL-650THX behind a Stewart microperf screen. Stewart's product guide suggests placing speakers 10~12' away from the screen while it also suggests that horn loaded speakers can be placed closer to the screen. Anyone knows how close i can place the accoustically transparent screen to the 650?

Depends on the screen. With a microperf screen like the Stewart, you need some distance, probably at least 8" with the KL-650's. With a Woven screen (SMX or Seymour AV), you can get them as close as 2". I've had my THX Ultra 2 speakers at 2" from both the SMX and some DIY Seymour AV screens with no problem. You also don't need to worry about any compensating EQ with a woven AT screen...just level adjust and you are good to go. This is why I vastly prefer Woven screens and only spec them with the Ultra 2 system.

"Did you make 'em fine-ass-soundin' speakers over there what would sound gooder than hell comin' out of the back of my truck-boat-truck?"

-Early Cuyler. Poet Liquoreate
post #3765 of 37307 Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbound View Post

Found a dealer with a pair of RF7 speakers like new and RC64 center. Looking for a fair value of each??

Thank You

Keep in mind, the RC-64 is not the ideal tonal match for the RF-7. RF-7 had the 2" compression driver and the older Series III horn design. RC-64 has the newer 1.25" compression driver and the newest Series IV horn (more extended response, smoother and a bit less forward sounding). Point is, you'll hear a difference and you shouldn't. RC-7 or RB-75 are the proper matches to the RF-7.

"Did you make 'em fine-ass-soundin' speakers over there what would sound gooder than hell comin' out of the back of my truck-boat-truck?"

-Early Cuyler. Poet Liquoreate
post #3766 of 37307 Old 07-31-2008, 05:41 AM

Are any of the current Klipsch centers a relatively decent match for the KG-4's? Current speakers that I found that I am wondering about: SC-1, C-3, RC-52, or RC-62.

Has the sound of Klipsch speakers changed so much that the current speakers are radically different than the older speakers? I have 20 year old KG-4's in excellent condition. I don't want to hunt for used speakers, and I want a conventional center - no room or desire to have another KG-4 in the center. I'm moderately picky about audio, but I doubt that I am as much a purist as some of the more enthusiastic members here.

Since I really need a center and new surrounds to go with my new receiver Onkyo TX-SR606, and if a reasonable match is not possible, I may need to go to an entire new matching set.

Thanks, Tim
post #3767 of 37307 Old 07-31-2008, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Changing gears. Going high dollar.

Any feedback on the Palladium series?

Mike Miles

ICR [ Sales Consulting and Small Part-Time AV shop, very small...  ]

Process Integration, Inc. [ contract sales consultant ]

Eastern Shore of Maryland

post #3768 of 37307 Old 07-31-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

I posted this in another thread but I think this thread is more appropriate. Sorry for the double post...

I currently own a Yamaha YSP-900 soundbar and a Yamaha subwoofer matched to it. Would I get better sound (for stereo music and surround) if I change it for a Yamaha receiver (rx-v663) and a set of Klipsch Quintet III's and keeping my woofer? I had a hard time trying to hear comparisons in the store because of the ways it was hooked up so I would like to know if anyone had an opinion on this. I am leaning more towards good sounding CD's and mp3's than the 5.1 surround (which I assume is already better by the fact they are separates). Is it worth the effort to sell off the soundbar and go with the Klipsch speakers and Yamaha receiver? Thanks for your help.

You'll will hear an improvement in sound with separates. You'll like the Yamaha/Klipsch combo as well. Is that the combo deal at BestBuy? A friend of mine purchased that combo and it sounds really good.

"I'm suffering from the dreaded upgrade bug"
post #3769 of 37307 Old 07-31-2008, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles View Post

Changing gears. Going high dollar.

Any feedback on the Palladium series?

More information might help....

-Jason

The "Z" Family Theater - Almost "complete".
-Not your average sub build
-Klipsch Sonosub Build

SONY quality and customer service FTMFL
post #3770 of 37307 Old 07-31-2008, 06:23 PM

What are they (besides the pricing)?

Thanks.
post #3771 of 37307 Old 07-31-2008, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztkp01 View Post

What are they (besides the pricing)?

Thanks.

I would think warranty.

Eclectic Electronics: A blog containing technology news, information about home theater, digital photography and more.
post #3772 of 37307 Old 07-31-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blued888 View Post

I would think warranty.

True... just wondering how many folks have ever used the warranty. Anybody?
post #3773 of 37307 Old 07-31-2008, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I had to use it on a Klipsch sub I bought but to be fair it was a Demo model that after finding out what was wrong with it I believe it was just abused by the sales people. The passive was actually separated from the aluminum tube on the back.
post #3774 of 37307 Old 08-01-2008, 04:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundood View Post

Keep in mind, the RC-64 is not the ideal tonal match for the RF-7. RF-7 had the 2" compression driver and the older Series III horn design. RC-64 has the newer 1.25" compression driver and the newest Series IV horn (more extended response, smoother and a bit less forward sounding). Point is, you'll hear a difference and you shouldn't. RC-7 or RB-75 are the proper matches to the RF-7.

Soundood

Have you had an opportunity yet to audition the Palladiums? Impressions if you have?

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
post #3775 of 37307 Old 08-01-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztkp01 View Post

True... just wondering how many folks have ever used the warranty. Anybody?

I had an RS42 with a rattling sound that was replaced under warranty.
post #3776 of 37307 Old 08-01-2008, 08:50 AM

I currently have a pair of RF-3's and am looking to add a center.
I can't find the RC-3 anymore, but have managed to find the RC-35 new online.

Would the RC-35 be worth the purchase, or does any center in the current lineup match the RF-3s?
post #3777 of 37307 Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daschrier View Post

I currently have a pair of RF-3's and am looking to add a center.
I can't find the RC-3 anymore, but have managed to find the RC-35 new online.

Would the RC-35 be worth the purchase, or does any center in the current lineup match the RF-3s?

I've got an RC-35 running with a pair of RF-3s. I would say the sound isn't identical but it's close enough that it shouldn't bother you. I don't notice the difference at all during movies, but on setup discs where I've got a single tone panning across the front speakers I can tell that they aren't perfectly voice matched. I would guess that the RC-35 is probably as close as you can get currently.
post #3778 of 37307 Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderr View Post

I had an RS42 with a rattling sound that was replaced under warranty.

What this something that was noticed upon the initial purchase. If not, how long?
post #3779 of 37307 Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Liked: 17
Peter,
With my room being 21' wide... I have the two LaScalas at about 15' apart or about 3' in from each corner. I tried placing them closer together and got less bass. Placed them in the corner and got more bass but then it made the speakers easy to pin point. This set up was a happy-medium. I would like to move them closer together and then get a sub that'll shake my neighbors teeth!
RG

Klipsch Rocks!
post #3780 of 37307 Old 08-01-2008, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob View Post

Peter,
With my room being 21' wide... I have the two LaScalas at about 15' apart or about 3' in from each corner. I tried placing them closer together and got less bass. Placed them in the corner and got more bass but then it made the speakers easy to pin point. This set up was a happy-medium. I would like to move them closer together and then get a sub that'll shake my neighbors teeth!
RG

Here's a test: place them right into the 21-foot corners at 45 degrees (e.g. toed in a full half-way inside). Sit in the crosshairs of the speakers, such that each one is facing you directly. You should be 10.5 feet from the front wall. Play them. Not only should they not be easy to pin-point, but they should completely disappear from the room.

If it doesn't work at 21 feet, move them in a little to 18 feet or so, but keeping them with the 45 degree toe-in, and keep your seat in the middle, directly facing them both (seating at mid-distance of their separation).

Let me know how it works out for you.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page