post #37771 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
^^^ plus you can split the Height signal out to an Amp & make your own rear heights...
Yep but I'm still scared to take the plunge into seven speakers atm. Remember my room is fairly small and I don't know if an extra two or four speakers would be worth it IMO. The 7II's alone in two channel mode are huge sounding. It'll be next year before I get the 4520 maybe then it will be even cheaper. Should be anyways!
Reference_head likes this.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37772 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figarou View Post
I've seen it. I already know what they are going to say.

I've been paying more attention to this thread. Why dolby atmos is doa!!

...Yup, you are right. I can't even use the proper method as well since the ceiling is slanted. I also refuse to remove the ceiling fan.
I've seen and replied in that thread as well...There is no doubt after reading everything I could get my eyes on that Dolby Atmos is going to be most beneficial for those that have a Dedicated Home Theater room. I am going to keep up with the discussions/experiences and see how it pans out before REALLY considering it for my room...That said, I would definitely hold off on getting an Dolby Atmos AVR and keep what you have, especially given what you've learned today. Good luck.
post #37773 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I've seen and replied in that thread as well...There is no doubt after reading everything I could get my eyes on that Dolby Atmos is going to be most beneficial for those that have a Dedicated Home Theater room. I am going to keep up with the discussions/experiences and see how it pans out before REALLY considering it for my room...That said, I would definitely hold off on getting an Dolby Atmos AVR and keep what you have, especially given what you've learned today. Good luck.
I've learned a lot. Thank you for your time.

Even though I don't have the proper set up, I'm still getting the X7200. If the receiver tells me my current setup is not suitable for Dolby Atmos, back to the store it goes!!

Every time a new surround format comes out, there is ALWAYS a problem. I remember people complaining about the surround speakers when 5.1 first came out. They don't like the idea of running a long speaker wire to the back of the room for surrounds. Some people even placed the surrounds on top of the mains because they don't have a place in the back for them.
post #37774 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 677
Quote:
I decided to upgrade my speakers!!

Before

http://www.avsforum.com/attachments/64727

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attach...chmentid=64728

After... (See attachments)

Klipsch RF-7 II, RC-64 II, RF-82 II, RB-75, Emotiva XPA-5, Denon AVR-4520CI

I know some will be asking about the "height" speakers. (RB-75s) I decided to use heights because my ceiling is slanted. Plus I have a ceiling fan. It may not be the best way to hear Atmos, but its the only option I have. All I need to do is wait for the Denon X7200
Can you flip the subs and the 7s? Then you can turn the 7s in. I see the ceiling slants but can't tell if you could fit it.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
post #37775 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Yep but I'm still scared to take the plunge into seven speakers atm. Remember my room is fairly small and I don't know if an extra two or four speakers would be worth it IMO. The 7II's alone in two channel mode are huge sounding. It'll be next year before I get the 4520 maybe then it will be even cheaper. Should be anyways!
I also have a small room and for me even the RF-62s fill the room. I think perhaps the 82s would still be ok with my room giving me a bit more fuller sound. But I can't imagine going bigger after that. My room is not even long enough to really take advantage of 7.2 so I'm very happy with the 5.2 I have now.

It's going to be a long time before I upgrade receivers since I just got the x4000 for it's 2 subwoofer equalizer and XT32. I can imagine some day I might get atmos and put 2 small speakers on the ceiling. But it's kinda like 4K tv for me. It's gonna be awhile until there are enough blu-rays, video games, and such that even support it for it to be worth it for me to buy it.

Hell I just now finally completed my reference line with 2 subwoofer 5.2 system. I hope this doesn't lead to a constant need to upgrade and a spiral into poverty.
retro124 likes this.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
post #37776 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I also have a small room and for me even the RF-62s fill the room. I think perhaps the 82s would still be ok with my room giving me a bit more fuller sound. But I can't imagine going bigger after that. My room is not even long enough to really take advantage of 7.2 so I'm very happy with the 5.2 I have now.

It's going to be a long time before I upgrade receivers since I just got the x4000 for it's 2 subwoofer equalizer and XT32. I can imagine some day I might get atmos and put 2 small speakers on the ceiling. But it's kinda like 4K tv for me. It's gonna be awhile until there are enough blu-rays, video games, and such that even support it for it to be worth it for me to buy it.

Hell I just now finally completed my reference line with 2 subwoofer 5.2 system. I hope this doesn't lead to a constant need to upgrade and a spiral into poverty.
This hobby is a passion and the upgrade bug will never go away..at least for me. One thing I have learned though once you reach a certain point it takes a lot of money to get little in return.
retro124 likes this.

Denon 4520
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37777 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Cool! I like your set up!!

As for "proper" Atmos speakers, 1) the ceiling fan is in the way, 2) my ceiling is slanted. The ceiling is 11ft high on the left, 8ft high on the right. Front and rear heights are my only option.

I did think about wall mounts at 1st. The slant in the ceiling and the window behind the setup made me think twice.
The speaker brackets I linked to earlier mount on the wall directly behind your speakers. Neither your slanted ceiling nor the window should affect your ability to use wall mounts (assuming you can find studs in the right location).

Hey, it's your setup, but if you can find a way to angle those height speakers a bit more toward your listening position I think you'll like the results.

Honestly, if you can't find a way to install at least one pair of in-ceiling or Atmos-enabled speakers, I think you should just forget about Atmos -- Dolby has intimated that it won't work correctly. I simply don't think you'll be pleased with the results using your current configuration. That said, as long as you have one pair of Atmos-compliant speakers, the new Denon receivers do allow you specify an additional Atmos pair that can be mounted in the traditional height locations. I plan to use my current front height speakers along with a pair of in-ceiling speakers (in the "top middle" position) as my four Atmos speakers.
post #37778 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This hobby is a passion and the upgrade bug will never go away..at least for me. One thing I have learned though once you reach a certain point it takes a lot of money to get little in return.
I agree. I was considering getting SVS Ultra or Verus Grand but both of those would cost $2800 for 3 speakers. But instead I worked on making the Klipsch sound better. I got a tripod and read more about how to properly position them and do audyssey sweeps. They sound so much better now. I'm curious, where did you feel the returns started getting less for steep amount of money? I feel the Reference series is a really good set, after that I think that's where you get much less for your money. That's why I'm hoping I can stay where I am speaker wise.

post #37779 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Imo, once you get the speakers you want then the only thing to upgrade is the electronics or the room.
post #37780 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
...Honestly, if you can't find a way to install at least one pair of in-ceiling or Atmos-enabled speakers, I think you should just forget about Atmos ....
Given all of the information I've seen to date-- I agree.
post #37781 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Imo, once you get the speakers you want then the only thing to upgrade is the electronics or the room.
Yeah either build a dedicated theater room, add additional or better subs, more advanced/powerful receiver or amp, projector. Those sorts of things are going to give you more impressive returns than going from $1500 speakers to $3500 speakers.

I'm not going projector or building a dedicated room. So about all I see in my future is new receiver once more advanced software comes out and maybe adding a couple small atmos speakers in appropriate locations. That should be fun.

post #37782 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
The speaker brackets I linked to earlier mount on the wall directly behind your speakers. Neither your slanted ceiling nor the window should affect your ability to use wall mounts (assuming you can find studs in the right location).
I'm not sure if the stud is right where I want it to be. Plus I never did that type of work. I can't tell if I'll hit the stud dead center for maximum support.

Quote:
Hey, it's your setup, but if you can find a way to angle those height speakers a bit more toward your listening position I think you'll like the results.
That I can do.

Quote:
Honestly, if you can't find a way to install at least one pair of in-ceiling or Atmos-enabled speakers, I think you should just forget about Atmos -- Dolby has intimated that it won't work correctly. I simply don't think you'll be pleased with the results using your current configuration. That said, as long as you have one pair of Atmos-compliant speakers, the new Denon receivers do allow you specify an additional Atmos pair that can be mounted in the traditional height locations. I plan to use my current front height speakers along with a pair of in-ceiling speakers (in the "top middle" position) as my four Atmos speakers.
If I can mount a pair of wireless, battery powered Atmos-compliant speakers to my ceiling like a smoke alarm, I'll do it. I just need to wait for such a product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
Can you flip the subs and the 7s? Then you can turn the 7s in. I see the ceiling slants but can't tell if you could fit it.
If I did that, the RB-75 on the right side will touch the ceiling.
post #37783 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Those sorts of things are going to give you more impressive returns than going from $1500 speakers to $3500 speakers....
Hmm...I am not sure of your point, but buy the best speakers you can put into your Home Theater because no one ever upgrades those and says, "I wish I didn't upgrade my speakers "That said, the electronics driving them is what is changing and not the technology that goes into the speakers themselves, for the most part.

{EDIT: I paid a little over $1300 for my RF-7s, NIB and agree that it would be hard to beat at twice that price...That said, for a larger footprint a used pair of LaScalas would be a better bang-for-your-buck at that price, but you would also want to get an appropriate Center Channel and that is where the dilemma lies...}

Last edited by Zen Traveler; 08-15-2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added note
post #37784 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah either build a dedicated theater room, add additional or better subs, more advanced/powerful receiver or amp, projector. Those sorts of things are going to give you more impressive returns than going from $1500 speakers to $3500 speakers.

I'm not going projector or building a dedicated room. So about all I see in my future is new receiver once more advanced software comes out and maybe adding a couple small atmos speakers in appropriate locations. That should be fun.
Upgrading gear can give a nice bump in performance. But it's been my experience that speakers are the heart and soul. Get better speakers get better sound. Get way better speakers and so on. It is and always will be the biggest upgrade in audio. As far as how much to spend. I agree with the above statement. Get the best speakers you can. You will never regret better speakers .
post #37785 of 39639 Old 08-15-2014, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I also agree the speakers are the most important part. Yes the electronics are always evolving year after year and after speakers that would be one thing you could change out every 3-4 yrs. You have to ask yourself though from time to time how far am I willing to go with the space I have? Like I said my room isn't that big then again I would love a projector someday and another sub and maybe some front heights or surround backs etc...it can be never ending.

Denon 4520
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37786 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 01:56 AM
AVS Special Member

not for me, my equipments gives me really satisfying sound for my room. The only thing I felt was lacking was the directionality of some of the surround, so I hope that fixes that.

Someone told me once, when I wasn't satisfied with klipsch that it can be a sickness, a never ending need to upgrade. I feel very satisfied with the speakers and subs I have now. I do know that as new technology comes out, I will probably want to upgrade. But as far as buying more expensive and more expensive speakers. I don't feel the need.

I do plan on putting 4 small speakers on the ceiling and getting atmos though. That is doable in my small room. In fact I think Atmos is much more of an audible upgrade in my small living room over stuffing an extra pair of sides.

post #37787 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
not for me, my equipments gives me really satisfying sound for my room. The only thing I felt was lacking was the directionality of some of the surround, so I hope that fixes that....

I don't know how long you've been in this hobby but I was where you were at when I first started. I auditioned speakers for months in my price range, and even then I needed to up the budget for my very nice Synergy sound system (this is when they were still only sold in "high dollar" stores). I told the sales guy at Tweeter who knew I had been checking places all over town that "these will be the last speakers I own."

What I didn't know is how much I would get into it...After I ran into some money I decided to "upgrade" to the reference RF-3s/RC-3s and admit they were a nice step up. Then I noticed that my sub wasn't up to par and I started shopping for a nicer one....at that time ULTE came into town and started carrying the Reference line and I pitted them against Tweeter where I had previously bought my speakers...All of a sudden ULTE started playing Hardball and wanted to steal my business away from their competition so I ended up wheeling-n-dealing which is in my nature and I pressured an outstanding deal on 5 of the speakers and 2 subs that I have today...Meanwhile, I learned how awesome the RB-75s were and I stalked various stores complaining that I wish they had them in stock and once they did, I would purchase them at a fair price...Over the next year I purchased 2 pairs and that was over a decade ago....

For approximately 2 years after that I auditioned other brands of speakers thinking if I found something that was an "upgrade" at a better price I would consider those--Couldn't find any but enjoyed hearing some nice systems and talking to the various sales people as I learned more about Home Theater...Also as the Klipsch THX line came out, and then the RF-83s, which I auditioned at several locations came to the conclusion that none of these were better sounding than what I had and if prices/availability in the used market is an indication others felt the same way. Then Klipsch reintroduced the RF-7s in a "Classic" version which also gave me good piece of mind and of course now they have the RF-7II that I'm still not convinced is an "upgrade," but admittedly have never heard a pair.

All of this being said, I would stay in budget because as others have mentioned it can get expensive. I have seen numerous people excited about owning speakers at various price points and in the past (not really knowing the current market and internet pricing of other companies) Klipsch was always a good bang-for-your-buck. I would also say given the price of NIB upperend Klipsch , the best deals on those are still going to be in the local used market...IOW, if you had a choice of buying used RF-7s for the same price as newer RF-82IIs I would opt for the former, but of course YMMV.
Reference_head likes this.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; 08-16-2014 at 07:29 AM. Reason: clarity
post #37788 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

After my last post I went back and (re)read this...Fwiw, you do have a nice Home Theater and I agree with your rationale.
post #37789 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Klipsch owner thread

Quote:
IOW, if you had a choice of buying used RF-7s for the same price as newer RF-82IIs I would opt for the former, but of course YMMV.

I absolutely agree with this philosophy. When I was upgrading my front speakers in 2012, I was really looking to purchase RF-82's and an RC-62 center. I went to a local store specializing in Audio, Visual and Photos where I'd purchased A/V equipment before. I told the salesman, who I'd worked with previously, that I'd like to demo some RF-82's. He said that he didn't have them in house but he'd order some so I could hear them. Before he let me go, he told me that if I was willing, he had a pair of two year old RF-83's and a RC-64 (not a II) that were in pristine condition that he could sell me for about the same price as the RF-82/RC-62 combo (new). The used speakers had been traded in for an upgrade (dunno to what) by a local, well known car dealer. I told him I as willing to do an A-B comparison and that I'd buy the better sounding set - since they were within $40 of each other. A couple of days later, after getting the new speakers in and setting the new and used speakers up for A-B comparison, he called and we set an appointment for the next day. Although the new 82/62 combo was very nice, the A-B comparison made it easy to determine that the 83/64 used combo was quite a bit better. I now have them in my system and I love them.

Moral is, for the same price as new, I was able to upgrade substantially. If I'd been willing to look at the private market, I'd probably been able to do at least a bit better on the price. YMMV

Links: My System Diagram / System Pix
Yamaha RX-A2010, Samsung UN55B8000, AppleTV, Roku3, Yamaha CDC-685, Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch: (2) RF-83's, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54's, (2) RSX-5's
SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
See links above for additional system details.

Last edited by lflorack; 08-16-2014 at 04:26 PM.
post #37790 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Alright need some help here. My wife the pain in the ass she will only allow me to hang up two Heresy I speakers in the corner. Any ideas on a corner wall mount? I saw a 22" corner shelf that may work.
post #37791 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lflorack View Post
I absolutely agree with this philosophy. When I was upgrading my front speakers in 2012, I was really looking to purchase RF-82's and an RC-62 center. I went to a local store specializing in Audio, Visual and Photos where I'd purchased A/V equipment before. I told the salesman, who I'd worked with previously, that I'd like to demo some RF-82's. He said that he didn't have them in house but he'd order some so I could hear them. Before he let me go, he told me that if I was willing, he had a pair of two year old RF-83's and a RC-64 (not a II) that were in pristine condition that he could sell me for about the same price as the RF-82/RC-62 combo (new). The used speakers had been traded in for an upgrade (dunno to what) by a local, well known car dealer. I told him I as willing to do an A-B comparison and that I'd buy the better sounding set - since they were within $40 of each other. A couple of days later, after getting the new speakers in and setting the new and used speakers up for A-B comparison, he called and we set an appointment for the next day. Although the new 82/62 combo was very nice, the A-B comparison made it easy to determine that the 83/64 used combo was quite a bit better. I now have them in my system and I love them.

Morale is, for the same price as new, I was able to upgrade substantially. If I'd been willing to look at the private market, I'd probably been able to do at least a bit better on the price. YMMV
I'm sure the bigger speakers are better. But demoing 2 factory fresh speakers and 2 broken in speakers is not a good comparison. I have read many a posts that say the Klipsch are bright out of the box, but after some break in they really shine. I can agree with this, while my klipsch were still relatively new I had some harshness and brightness and had some second thoughts. People here can attest to that. Now I feel they are fully broken in and I absolutely love them.

I'm glad you like your speakers, but I am the type that just likes to buy new. Also, I have absolutely no room for an RC-64 or RC-64II. My 62-II barely fits in my cabinet. I love it where it is though and love it's sound. There is no wrong way to buy a speaker, as long as you love the result.

post #37792 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm sure the bigger speakers are better. But demoing 2 factory fresh speakers and 2 broken in speakers is not a good comparison. I have read many a posts that say the Klipsch are bright out of the box, but after some break in they really shine. I can agree with this, while my klipsch were still relatively new I had some harshness and brightness and had some second thoughts. People here can attest to that. Now I feel they are fully broken in and I absolutely love them...

Fwiw, it's your ears that adjusted and not the speaker...This was discussed at a gathering I attended at Klipsch HQ in Hope Ark...Someone asked Jim Hunter that question and he gave a sheepish smile, knowing some folks believed this but went on to explain what Trey Cannon did on an oft quoted post, which I am sure has a link in this thread somewhere...The reason a speaker salesman will tell folks this is because they understand the concept of buyers remorse as well, knowing once you get used to the speaker you will more than likely want to keep them. {Note: Both mentioned that small differences may occur that can be captured on extremely sensitive test equipment, but it was along the lines of 2 dB in certain frequencies in the LF driver, if I'm remembering correctly.}
Figarou and lflorack like this.
post #37793 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is the quote and a link to the Source:

Quote:
https://community.klipsch.com/index....B#entry1360083
Quote:Originally Posted by Trey Cannon
Ok, there is such thing as break in , but we do it in 20 min with 75% `input voltage at 20Hz. The complance of the woofers is where you would see the change. However, with that said, after 8 hr at 32V they had about 1 - 1.5db more output gain...not a lot of change.....
Notice he also states they break the drivers in at Klipsch before the speakers are even shipped.
Figarou likes this.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; 08-16-2014 at 01:43 PM.
post #37794 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
not for me, my equipments gives me really satisfying sound for my room. The only thing I felt was lacking was the directionality of some of the surround, so I hope that fixes that.

Someone told me once, when I wasn't satisfied with klipsch that it can be a sickness, a never ending need to upgrade. I feel very satisfied with the speakers and subs I have now. I do know that as new technology comes out, I will probably want to upgrade. But as far as buying more expensive and more expensive speakers. I don't feel the need.

I do plan on putting 4 small speakers on the ceiling and getting atmos though. That is doable in my small room. In fact I think Atmos is much more of an audible upgrade in my small living room over stuffing an extra pair of sides.
Well in fairness you just got those speakers not that long ago. Come back 4 years from now and we will see. Being satisfied has nothing to do with it sometimes. Its fun to try new stuff and for me its a big part of this hobby.
cchunter likes this.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
post #37795 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well in fairness you just got those speakers not that long ago. Come back 4 years from now and we will see. Being satisfied has nothing to do with it sometimes. Its fun to try new stuff and for me its a big part of this hobby.
Ok sure, 4 years I could see wanting to check out what is new. I mean I already know I'm gonna be interested in Atmos. I just meant as far as wanting something "bigger". Let's say Klipsch releases reference series III and after several months, customers and klipsch fans are raving about them. Yeah I could see jumping up to a new reference series. But with my small room I won't need their top of the line largest speakers.

For me from here on out it's just about getting clearer and even purer sound. If that means new Klipsch some day, new receiver, and 4 small ceiling speakers. Or crossing fingers, Klipsch releases a mid sized atmos available surrounds and floors. Then yeah I can dig it.

post #37796 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting82465 View Post
Alright need some help here. My wife the pain in the ass she will only allow me to hang up two Heresy I speakers in the corner. Any ideas on a corner wall mount? I saw a 22" corner shelf that may work.
I added a keyhole mount to the back of the kpt1201s that worked fine into a stud. They are about the same size as a heresy.
Sting82465 likes this.

post #37797 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ok sure, 4 years I could see wanting to check out what is new. I mean I already know I'm gonna be interested in Atmos. I just meant as far as wanting something "bigger". Let's say Klipsch releases reference series III and after several months, customers and klipsch fans are raving about them. Yeah I could see jumping up to a new reference series. But with my small room I won't need their top of the line largest speakers....
The point you may be missing is that newer isn't necessarily better.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; 08-16-2014 at 07:15 PM.
post #37798 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
.... Its fun to try new stuff and for me its a big part of this hobby.
I am looking forward to reading about your next speaker upgrade--What you have now seems hard to top in that footprint.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; 08-16-2014 at 07:26 PM.
post #37799 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Sancho, i was able to get the KM4s for $75 to use as rears to complete my setup. The grills are completely messed up, but i plan on having them off anyway. Kg 4.2s and kv3 up front, rw12d sub and now the km4s in the rear. Pretty psyched!

If anyone knows where i could get 4 rubber feet for one of the km4s, let me know. He only gave me the spikes for the one speaker. Which begs the question, should i be using the spikes anyway?
post #37800 of 39639 Old 08-16-2014, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The point you may be missing is that newer isn't necessarily better.
I would likely only buy them if they were atmos enabled. It would def take something that was a significant improvement for me to give up what I have now because I absolutely love what I have now.

But if Klipsch ever did make Atmos speakers so I could save the trouble of mounting 4 speakers to the wall? You bet I'd highly consider it!

Since I just laid down $1000 for the x4000, I'm not going to be getting the x4100 any time soon. It would be different if I hadn't upgraded recently. But I am def gonna keep an eye on the atmos market, especially to see if Klipsch does something with it. Until then, crystal clear 5.2 or 7.2 with klipsch horns is keeping me satisfied.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Last edited by Teremei; 08-17-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page