Forum Jump: 

post #37891 of 37895 Old Today, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Yeah I am caught up in driver size. I even look at the frequency range. The reason I went with the 41s is I convinced myself the would be perfect for how close I am. Then I heard their actual range with audyssey, and yuck.

Do you think the 20 hz difference would be noticeable with the RS-42s? I think I'd like to stick to RS because I like to wall mount. And they look good, even if in the location they lose some of their ability.

One last question I guess is, are the 42s worth it over the 41s.
That frequency range assumes 3 foot listening distance, and you are within that. You are going to set them at 80hz, and I can assure you that at 2 feet away and Audyseey calibrated you'll be fine with the RB41. If you want maximum dispersion go with the RS42.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37892 of 37895 Old Today, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I was talking about RS41 not RB. RB41 is def not in the discussion. Technically the RS41 only goes down to 85 so I wouldn't want to set that at 80hz.

left is 2 feet but right is 7 feet away.

Sony KDL-70R550A
Denon x4000 (o)c (0)
Klipsch RF-62IIs
Klipsch RC-62II
Polk T15s
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d

Last edited by Teremei; Today at 05:19 PM.
post #37893 of 37895 Old Today, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
Don't get caught up in driver size! Especially since you're playing near field and were talking surrounds! That said if you go with RB series bookshelves get a Pinpoint wall mount, and don't do flush mount. With the RS series bipoles, flush mount all you want. Again if you go with the RS series they need some room to breath, like a 2 foot radius. With your setup being so near field I'd do RB41s on pinpoint mounts.

CHHunter went for rear placement because he has no left wall (I'm guessing), otherwise side placement is ideal.
I do have a left wall but it was just to far away and that's a walkway to the front door. Just didn't seem right having a surround way over on the side. Someday a dedicated room will be in order. Until then we make due with what we have

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37894 of 37895 Old Today, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I was talking about RS41 not RB. RB41 is def not in the discussion. Technically the RS41 only goes down to 85 so I wouldn't want to set that at 80hz. I do want dispersion so I guess I will go with the 42s. I hope I am making the right choice.
I think your making the right choice but only you can decide. I think it'll sound fine. Trust me my room does not make my system shine to it's true capabilities and I'm just fine with that. Little tweaks and upgrades are baby steps. The other day my wife and I went out and got drapes for that 10 ft front window I have. Guess what it helped on the reflections and echo.

Denon AVR 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #37895 of 37895 Old Today, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 112
haha, nice. Yes lots of soft surfaces sure seem to help. My room has many soft surfaces and it sounds really good to me.

Maybe I should carpet my walls.

Sony KDL-70R550A
Denon x4000 (o)c (0)
Klipsch RF-62IIs
Klipsch RC-62II
Polk T15s
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page