Forum Jump: 

post #37921 of 37925 Old Today, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3Markel View Post
Thank You! I'll probably add a center channel eventually but right now the 2 fronts sound great. I was thinking of first putting the money toward rears and a sub then eventually a center. Got any suggestions for a sub?
I'd do the center first, but that's just me I guess. For HT purposes, most of your sound is discreet to the center channel. Have your front sound stage perfected before you concern yourself with surround.

As for sub, it depends first on what you want to spend, and also your room dims. Plan on spending over 500 bucks min for something to complement your RF 82 IIs.

The HSU VTF 2 Mk 4 is $600 shipped and would be a good starting point for what you are looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37922 of 37925 Old Today, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
- carpeting and lots of soft surfaces helps (as has been said)
YES. Curtains and bookshelves are also a big help

- aiming the towers right at the center or atleast very close to the main listening position

Actually it's best to aim them right at corresponding shoulders. ie. Right speaker aimed at right shoulder, or just outside of it. Also make sure your speakers are within a foot away from each other as either one is to you. For example. if you're MLP is 9 feet to each speaker, have the towers 8-9 feet away from each other. Two feet away from the wall minimum. Three is best but can be a challenge with space and WAF.

- running room correction software correctly. Meaning testing 6-9 spots in small area. Right at your MLP with each point 1 foot from each other.

Actually, that's not ideal, and the pattern isn't making best use of MLP listening. The best is to test in a Christian cross shaped pattern with the MLP at the intersection, your shoulders at each horizontal end and another behind you, like on the back of the couch. Then march in front of MLP in 3 inch increments, until you run out of testing positions. I actually made a wooden shaped cross to make this easier, and it helps ward off the occasional vampire.
Thanks for the info, I agree with the fronts pointing at the edge/shoulders. But once I did the small area test area (my listening position is small and so close to the TV any way). I noticed a much better sound quality. I guess it can vary from room to room. All I can say is I used to test each actual seat and thought that was the way to do it but the side seats are far apart from the MLP. This is why I say to test it in a much smaller concentrated area. A more mathematical area like a square or rectangle.

See the reason the cross doesn't work for me is my center (straight from the TV) couches are against a wall. So the best option for me is to do 6 test patterns. With the 6 spots creating sort of like a rectangle. The reason I think it improved my sound is I no longer test AT the left couch, which is much more to the side. I think that was messing up the sound quality of my klipsch and why they sounded weird to me.

Sony KDL-70R550A
Denon x4000 (o)c (0)
Klipsch RF-62IIs
Klipsch RC-62II
Polk T15s
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d
post #37923 of 37925 Old Today, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone have specific recommendations for rubber feet size, diameter, etc.? My bought-used KM4s just have spikes, and i want to change them out to rubber feet for the hardwoods.
post #37924 of 37925 Old Today, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3Markel View Post
The RF-82II sound great!! I don't have a lot of knowledge in the audio field so it's hard for me to explain but the sound just sounds more dynamic. Like I was watching Avatar and you could determine that the crowd roaring was far away from you yet the person in front of the camera felt literally 10 feet away. I played a few songs with nice vocals and it sounds like they're in the room with you! These definitely cannot compare to my Onkyo setup! Now on to saving for a sub and rear speakers!
I had very similar feelings. It is hard to explain. Best I can do is clearer, fuller, and more pure. I have had a few movies where it sounded like the person was somewhere in the middle of the room. Like a "ghost". They can sound really good once you set them up properly. I've also listened to some music where the vocals are so clear that they are piercingly good. Gratz on your purchase, glad you like em.
Mp3Markel likes this.

Sony KDL-70R550A
Denon x4000 (o)c (0)
Klipsch RF-62IIs
Klipsch RC-62II
Polk T15s
post #37925 of 37925 Old Today, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

I get my actual RS-41 tonight. I can't wait to give them a full run through. I'll take a pic of them and give a fuller review after some testing.

Sony KDL-70R550A
Denon x4000 (o)c (0)
Klipsch RF-62IIs
Klipsch RC-62II
Polk T15s
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page