Klipsch owner thread - Page 1266 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #37951 of 37961 Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
Hey guys I have 4x chorus II's and a center with velondyne sub... I'm thinking about getting some of those upward firing drivers for Atmos... anyone else thinking about doing the same? My one concern is matching the Chorus II's to something like the onkyo upward firing speakers... cuz those Chorus II's are soooo damn loud.
I've only seen pics of those upward firing Atmos speakers and you may have a point about the difference in Sensitivity-Then again, may not but I haven't researched it that far. Otoh, I posed a guess here that Klipsch would offer a similar model that may be better timber matched to what you have...Rumor has it after the middle of next month and the Insiders CEDIA convention in Denver where Dolby is supposed to officially announce their Atmos technology, other speaker companies will follow suite to capitalize on that market--I can't imagine Klipsch not being one of them, but I don't know--Just speculation.
Zen Traveler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #37952 of 37961 Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Fry's has these playing some times on small TVs. Hardly a "demo". Someone there must like the animation.

I noticed they mention selling DVDs. Is that all? They don't sell BluRay with Dolby True HD or anything like that? What's the best way to listen to these videos?
I ordered my DVDs straight from the website but it's been awhile...If I remember correctly it was some University's graduate project that used Computer animation along with computer sound and no musical instruments were involved--Totally computer generated.
Louis Bartay likes this.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #37953 of 37961 Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 232
I had the F30 and RF82ii and they are both good, and both sound similar. RF82ii does sound better though. The R28f has a different horn, the F30 and RF82ii have 90×60 horn, R28f has 90×90.
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #37954 of 37961 Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 232
^^ that was supposed to be a response to another post, figuring out new format
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #37955 of 37961 Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
An Al tweeter vs. a Ti tweeter??? I'd say the Ti would be brighter. I could be wrong.
What's funny is the fact that I just read a review on the best buy site mention this also.....

"I auditioned the R-28F when I dropped by BB last week. I can confirm the point of the other reviewer that the new R-28F sounds smoother and pleasant to my ears than the RF-82 II, in my opinion. Despite both speakers use the same 1” compression driver; Klipsch has raised the crossover frequency of the R-28F from 1400hz of the RF-82 II to 1800hz. As a result, more of the mid frequency of the R-28F is now handled by the dual 8” woofers making it sound more balanced and smooth than the RF-82 II."

Anyway i'm gonna go down this weekend and give them a listen and report back myself.............
This one, sorry guys
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #37956 of 37961 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
Hey guys I have 4x chorus II's and a center with velondyne sub... I'm thinking about getting some of those upward firing drivers for Atmos... anyone else thinking about doing the same? My one concern is matching the Chorus II's to something like the onkyo upward firing speakers... cuz those Chorus II's are soooo damn loud.
I've only seen pics of those upward firing Atmos speakers and you may have a point about the difference in Sensitivity-Then again, may not but I haven't researched it that far. Otoh, I posed a guess here that Klipsch would offer a similar model that may be better timber matched to what you have...Rumor has it after the middle of next month and the Insiders CEDIA convention in Denver where Dolby is supposed to officially announce their Atmos technology, other speaker companies will follow suite to capitalize on that market--I can't imagine Klipsch not being one of them, but I don't know--Just speculation.
Dont know about you guys but I have no interest in atmos for now. If I had a dedicated room and could have rb61ii or similar in the roof then MAYBE. I sure wouldnt want upward firing speakers sending reflected sound who knows where, especially with our horns which we try to cut down on reflections. I would rather spend more money on an excellent 5 channel setup than a mis-matched sub par 9-11 and beyond setup. Just mho of course.
B 26354 likes this.
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #37957 of 37961 Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Dont know about you guys but I have no interest in atmos for now. If I had a dedicated room and could have rb61ii or similar in the roof then MAYBE. I sure wouldnt want upward firing speakers sending reflected sound who knows where, especially with our horns which we try to cut down on reflections. I would rather spend more money on an excellent 5 channel setup than a mis-matched sub par 9-11 and beyond setup. Just mho of course.
You may be correct but everyone that's heard it was surprised at how well those speakers worked--Then again, it could be a fad and I am waiting to hold judgement until something is released and folks start reporting on it...After all, multichannel is an improvement over two channel (regardless if we only have "2 ears") and 5.1 material IS better being matrixed into "7.1" using rear speakers in rooms that can accommodate them (just like in a theater).

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Yesterday at 09:23 PM.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #37958 of 37961 Old Today, 08:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Dont know about you guys but I have no interest in atmos for now. If I had a dedicated room and could have rb61ii or similar in the roof then MAYBE. I sure wouldnt want upward firing speakers sending reflected sound who knows where, especially with our horns which we try to cut down on reflections. I would rather spend more money on an excellent 5 channel setup than a mis-matched sub par 9-11 and beyond setup. Just mho of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
You may be correct but everyone that's heard it was surprised at how well those speakers worked--Then again, it could be a fad and I am waiting to hold judgement until something is released and folks start reporting on it...After all, multichannel is an improvement over two channel (regardless if we only have "2 ears") and 5.1 material IS better being matrixed into "7.1" using rear speakers in rooms that can accommodate them (just like in a theater).
Yes definitely people have been giving good impressions of the upward firing Atmos which is why I'm interested. I'll probably get it if people who buy in Sep/oct/nov have good experiences... I can be patient as there's only 4 titles I'd want to get that are Atmos mixed currently. I might wait until HDR TV's come out because I'd also want to make sure that the Atmos content is graded for HDR so I don't have to repurchase the content (if I can afford it I'll get an HDR TV) hopefully content will be released with both? :/ I see that Star Trek into darkness was given the HDR treatment and will see the Atmos mix

I actually don't know much about the chorus II's horns... do they disperse the sound more? My room is small but I get a pretty good sound in here... or at least far better than what I used to have (Yamaha home theater in a box), my biggest issue is with bass right now... using a 15" velondyne.
Aras_Volodka is online now  
post #37959 of 37961 Old Today, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
tezster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I currently have the Klipsch Icon V set of speakers (VF36/VC25/VS14). What would be considered a significant upgrade within the Klipsch speaker family? In Canada Futureshop sells the RF800/RC500/RS400, but I'm unsure which 'real' Klipsch models they're equivalent to.
tezster is online now  
post #37960 of 37961 Old Today, 10:12 AM
Member
 
dprice18af's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
I currently have the Klipsch Icon V set of speakers (VF36/VC25/VS14). What would be considered a significant upgrade within the Klipsch speaker family? In Canada Futureshop sells the RF800/RC500/RS400, but I'm unsure which 'real' Klipsch models they're equivalent to.
RF800 = RF82, Rc500 = RC52, and RS400 = RS42. All should be a pretty good upgrade from your Icon's. The center will be the real big jump up, in my opinion.
dprice18af is online now  
post #37961 of 37961 Old Today, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
RF800 = RF82, Rc500 = RC52, and RS400 = RS42. All should be a pretty good upgrade from your Icon's. The center will be the real big jump up, in my opinion.

Good advice on being a upgrade from Icons and yes to a Bigger center speaker. If you look for used a RC-62 center for a lot less then retail of 52.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100
Louis Bartay is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off