post #37951 of 37957 Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
Hey guys I have 4x chorus II's and a center with velondyne sub... I'm thinking about getting some of those upward firing drivers for Atmos... anyone else thinking about doing the same? My one concern is matching the Chorus II's to something like the onkyo upward firing speakers... cuz those Chorus II's are soooo damn loud.
I've only seen pics of those upward firing Atmos speakers and you may have a point about the difference in Sensitivity-Then again, may not but I haven't researched it that far. Otoh, I posed a guess here that Klipsch would offer a similar model that may be better timber matched to what you have...Rumor has it after the middle of next month and the Insiders CEDIA convention in Denver where Dolby is supposed to officially announce their Atmos technology, other speaker companies will follow suite to capitalize on that market--I can't imagine Klipsch not being one of them, but I don't know--Just speculation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37952 of 37957 Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Fry's has these playing some times on small TVs. Hardly a "demo". Someone there must like the animation.

I noticed they mention selling DVDs. Is that all? They don't sell BluRay with Dolby True HD or anything like that? What's the best way to listen to these videos?
I ordered my DVDs straight from the website but it's been awhile...If I remember correctly it was some University's graduate project that used Computer animation along with computer sound and no musical instruments were involved--Totally computer generated.
post #37953 of 37957 Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 232
I had the F30 and RF82ii and they are both good, and both sound similar. RF82ii does sound better though. The R28f has a different horn, the F30 and RF82ii have 90×60 horn, R28f has 90×90.
post #37954 of 37957 Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM

^^ that was supposed to be a response to another post, figuring out new format
post #37955 of 37957 Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
An Al tweeter vs. a Ti tweeter??? I'd say the Ti would be brighter. I could be wrong.
What's funny is the fact that I just read a review on the best buy site mention this also.....

"I auditioned the R-28F when I dropped by BB last week. I can confirm the point of the other reviewer that the new R-28F sounds smoother and pleasant to my ears than the RF-82 II, in my opinion. Despite both speakers use the same 1” compression driver; Klipsch has raised the crossover frequency of the R-28F from 1400hz of the RF-82 II to 1800hz. As a result, more of the mid frequency of the R-28F is now handled by the dual 8” woofers making it sound more balanced and smooth than the RF-82 II."

Anyway i'm gonna go down this weekend and give them a listen and report back myself.............
This one, sorry guys
post #37956 of 37957 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
Hey guys I have 4x chorus II's and a center with velondyne sub... I'm thinking about getting some of those upward firing drivers for Atmos... anyone else thinking about doing the same? My one concern is matching the Chorus II's to something like the onkyo upward firing speakers... cuz those Chorus II's are soooo damn loud.
I've only seen pics of those upward firing Atmos speakers and you may have a point about the difference in Sensitivity-Then again, may not but I haven't researched it that far. Otoh, I posed a guess here that Klipsch would offer a similar model that may be better timber matched to what you have...Rumor has it after the middle of next month and the Insiders CEDIA convention in Denver where Dolby is supposed to officially announce their Atmos technology, other speaker companies will follow suite to capitalize on that market--I can't imagine Klipsch not being one of them, but I don't know--Just speculation.
Dont know about you guys but I have no interest in atmos for now. If I had a dedicated room and could have rb61ii or similar in the roof then MAYBE. I sure wouldnt want upward firing speakers sending reflected sound who knows where, especially with our horns which we try to cut down on reflections. I would rather spend more money on an excellent 5 channel setup than a mis-matched sub par 9-11 and beyond setup. Just mho of course.
B 26354 likes this.
post #37957 of 37957 Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Dont know about you guys but I have no interest in atmos for now. If I had a dedicated room and could have rb61ii or similar in the roof then MAYBE. I sure wouldnt want upward firing speakers sending reflected sound who knows where, especially with our horns which we try to cut down on reflections. I would rather spend more money on an excellent 5 channel setup than a mis-matched sub par 9-11 and beyond setup. Just mho of course.
You may be correct but everyone that's heard it was surprised at how well those speakers worked--Then again, it could be a fad and I am waiting to hold judgement until something is released and folks start reporting on it...After all, multichannel is an improvement over two channel (regardless if we only have "2 ears") and 5.1 material IS better being matrixed into "7.1" using rear speakers in rooms that can accommodate them (just like in a theater).

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Yesterday at 09:23 PM.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page