Forum Jump: 

post #38131 of 38143 Old Today, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
If Klipsch is what you were after then I'd say RS-51s or perhaps RB-61. I have 41s but my room is 13x11 and I am right on the back wall, near my surrounds.
I'm on the back wall as well. I appreciate everyone's input. Now it's time to factor in budget and WAF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38132 of 38143 Old Today, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I would say both a PB-2000 and x4000 would be a huge upgrade. With x4100 coming out though I'd say maybe wait. Also, I would keep the RW12d and run 2 subwoofers. Trust me and thank me later.

The thing about x4000 and audyssey XT32. You might think "receiver isn't that big of an upgrade right"? Yeah I thought that too until I got my XT32 room correction software. If you eventually want to get an x4000 or x4100 keeping your old subwoofer will be even a smarter choice since it accepts 2 subwoofers and equalizes them to work together. The result you get with XT32 is the most pure and room filling sound you have ever heard.

This is why I say either would be a huge upgrade.
Thanks yeah that was part of the plan (the dual sub output plus subeq). I plan on keeping my rw-12d until I get a second sub, unless I buy a pb-12plus. I posted a while ago about my difficulties with placement of two subs though so we will see how it works out.

- Klipsch RF-82 ii, RC-62 ii, RS-52 ii
- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
post #38133 of 38143 Old Today, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

There have only been five different variations of the dual 8" Reference tower speakers (not counting the new R-28F towers), and I listed all of them, so Klipsch must've considered the RF-3II a "new Reference;" after all, they gave it a new model number.

See? "Ref 5?"
No pissing contest--I went from memory and was wrong....Btw, here is a "single tweeter, dual 8" woofer" Reference model you missed: http://www.klipsch.com/rf-5-floorsta...peaker/details

That said, when they released the RF-3II and the RB-5II they were the only ones they released at the time with that designation and there was no difference at all between them and the originals except for Monster Cable..

Then again, you provided the proof that Klipsch called their current line the Reference 5 line so I stand corrected.

{EDIT: " Heck, let me quote it here in case you can't be bothered to click the link:" NOTE: This line seemed kinda mean-spirited and I DID click on the link and actually went to that page prior to me posting my original comment but somehow missed it after skimming the page--It was too late and I was ready for bed...Still, no excuse, but a good reason and I hate being wrong. }

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Today at 07:25 AM.
post #38134 of 38143 Old Today, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru View Post
Thanks yeah that was part of the plan (the dual sub output plus subeq). I plan on keeping my rw-12d until I get a second sub, unless I buy a pb-12plus. I posted a while ago about my difficulties with placement of two subs though so we will see how it works out.
So did you think about cylinder sub, it is easier to placed then PB.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #38135 of 38143 Old Today, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
So did you think about cylinder sub, it is easier to placed then PB.
I thought about it but kind of dismissed it. The height means I can't put it at the front, under the screen, which is basically my only spot since I moved some stuff around. I had a great spot near-field between my couch and the wall, but I shifted the couches over to make room for some shelves and to better center the seating to the screen so that spot is probably too tight now. If I can fit my RW-12D in there I will likely do that for the time being, but IIRC the last time I measured there is not enough space.

My other option is to bring out the console forward and put the subs behind it, but it looks kind of weird and the sound started to feel disconnected from the screen.

Anyway, all part of the fun! (until I move in a few years and hopefully have a true dedicated room )

- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
post #38136 of 38143 Old Today, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
No pissing contest--I went from memory and was wrong....Btw, here is a "single tweeter, dual 8" woofer" Reference model you missed: http://www.klipsch.com/rf-5-floorsta...peaker/details

That said, when they released the RF-3II and the RB-5II they were the only ones they released at the time with that designation and there was no difference at all between them and the originals except for Monster Cable..

Then again, you provided the proof that Klipsch called their current line the Reference 5 line so I stand corrected. And you're right -- I completely missed the RF-5.

{EDIT: " Heck, let me quote it here in case you can't be bothered to click the link:" NOTE: This line seemed kinda mean-spirited and I DID click on the link and actually went to that page prior to me posting my original comment but somehow missed it after skimming the page--It was too late and I was ready for bed...Still, no excuse, but a good reason and I hate being wrong. }
It's all good. I got a little charged up with your "nope" comment but figured you'd probably missed the press release.

I had the original RF-3s and (this is sad) can even remember where I was when I read that the RF-3IIs had been announced (with "Z-series" Monster Cable). Talk about the easiest decision ever not to upgrade to the "newest" model!
post #38137 of 38143 Old Today, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I thought about it but kind of dismissed it. The height means I can't put it at the front, under the screen, which is basically my only spot since I moved some stuff around. I had a great spot near-field between my couch and the wall, but I shifted the couches over to make room for some shelves and to better center the seating to the screen so that spot is probably too tight now. If I can fit my RW-12D in there I will likely do that for the time being, but IIRC the last time I measured there is not enough space.

My other option is to bring out the console forward and put the subs behind it, but it looks kind of weird and the sound started to feel disconnected from the screen.

Anyway, all part of the fun! (until I move in a few years and hopefully have a true dedicated room )
So are yo more in to PB-2000 or PB12-Plus now? If you will have later on dedicated room maybe Plus?

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #38138 of 38143 Old Today, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
So are yo more in to PB-2000 or PB12-Plus now? If you will have later on dedicated room maybe Plus?
That's exactly what i'm thinking. I won't move for a minimum of 4 years, so that's not a huge consideration. Really if I can find a reasonable way to fit 2 subs in my room, I'd rather go with dual pb2000 for now.

- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
post #38139 of 38143 Old Today, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That's exactly what i'm thinking. I won't move for a minimum of 4 years, so that's not a huge consideration. Really if I can find a reasonable way to fit 2 subs in my room, I'd rather go with dual pb2000 for now.
You will love it it will move your HT system to next gear. I had same situation before but I'm going to move within 1 year so it is why get dual Pluses. (actually I never fought to have 2 subs but i had chance to try them together and I love it). I know they will do easy even on double size room then I have now.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #38140 of 38143 Old Today, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Thumbs up

Quote:

I love my PB-2000, and if I had the room I would add another. Of course I'm not sure the brick would last long on my house if I did......lol, just 1 already shakes everything in the house.

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
Klipsch RB-51 II (Front Preference)
SVS PB-2000
post #38141 of 38143 Old Today, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Awesome! Thanks for the input everyone! Thread derail over (for now)

I'm most likely going to pick up a pb-2000, then a second whenever I figure out how to fit it.

The room is <2300 cu ft so I'm sure that will be plenty.

- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
post #38142 of 38143 Old Today, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I have a pb-12 plus as my nearfield sub in my living room setup and it great. Fits right behind the couch has a very small foot print. Also people ask "what is that?". I would suggest anyone to add a nearfield if your space allows it.
post #38143 of 38143 Old Today, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Awesome! Thanks for the input everyone! Thread derail over (for now)

I'm most likely going to pick up a pb-2000, then a second whenever I figure out how to fit it.

The room is <2300 cu ft so I'm sure that will be plenty.
Stack um
mgrotel likes this.

Denon 3312
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page