Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1242 View Post
Hey guys, have a question for you.
I currently use a pair of RF-15 towers for my main LR
I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of KG 10.5 towers for cheap.

Which set would you guys prefer?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I won't give a preference but if these are going to be used for Home theater you also want to consider what you are using as a Center channel and future upgrades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38162 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I won't give a preference but if these are going to be used for Home theater you also want to consider what you are using as a Center channel and future upgrades.
I currently use a RC-25 for the center channel
post #38163 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
College football! YES!
ClawAndTalon likes this.
post #38164 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Will only have 2 TVs in action tonight.

Listening to Pandora on my La Scalas & Watching pre-game on SECession.
post #38165 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Ya know, the internet is a great place but otoh, I also thinks it's important to set certain facts right. That's why imo, the recent controversy dealing with another posters comments needed to be addressed is because people do link to comments, sometimes without critical evaluation...Once it's on the internet it becomes "fact" for some folks and another example is "Klipsch doesn't make good subs."

I totally agree that the ID companies are now making comparable (even better) products at really good prices...That said I sit about 5 feet from our front (positioned in not such a great position) Klipsch RSW-12 http://www.klipsch.com/rsw-12-subwoofer/details and about 5 ft from our rear RSW-15 http://www.klipsch.com/rsw-15-subwoofer/details and both have served us well for over 12 years and neither's gain is higher than 1/4 volume so they don't even break a sweat in our less than 2,000 cu ft room at Reference level.

Same here. My SW-112s are between 8 and 9 o'clock, and Audyssey has them set at +0dB. They are comfortable at reference volume, and I get plenty of chesty, well behaved bass attack for my tastes. I listen to music which doesn't demand anything they can't do, so my demands are met.

Here's my thoughts on the ID sub debate, at least as it pertains to me and my set up goals.

1.) I didn't pay full retail. At full retail the SW-112 isn't a rip off, but it's a premium price tag. However, Amazon has it at $100 off, and Fry's and others, even less.
2.) I sometimes wish I could go for a sealed sub design, and internet direct dominates the selection of sealed subs. I'll admit this is mostly curiosity driven as I've never owned or possessed one for any length of time. I did borrow a JL Audio once, and wish I had more time to play with it, it truly had a fantastic sound. Of course JL Audio only uses the best componentry, and at $2000 it better rock my world.
3.) If a sub doesn't have a flat frequency response, I have no interest in it- not if it's ID or not. This is a near perfect rule of what separates a good sub from the crap. The Klipsch SW-1** subs do, so for almost that reason alone I consider them quality subs, of course you get what you pay for in any case, and YMMV.
post #38166 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Ya know, the internet is a great place but otoh, I also thinks it's important to set certain facts right. That's why imo, the recent controversy dealing with another posters comments needed to be addressed is because people do link to comments, sometimes without critical evaluation...Once it's on the internet it becomes "fact" for some folks and another example is "Klipsch doesn't make good subs."

I totally agree that the ID companies are now making comparable (even better) products at really good prices...That said I sit about 5 feet from our front (positioned in not such a great position) Klipsch RSW-12 http://www.klipsch.com/rsw-12-subwoofer/details and about 5 ft from our rear RSW-15 http://www.klipsch.com/rsw-15-subwoofer/details and both have served us well for over 12 years and neither's gain is higher than 1/4 volume so they don't even break a sweat in our less than 2,000 cu ft room at Reference level.
I quite like my Klipsch RW12d paired with my NSD. The RW12d gives me the kick and punch I like at slightly higher frequencies and the NSD supplies a bit more depth the Klipsch can't. There is value in both, some people want the purest and smoothest of lows. But I myself like to have certain moments in movies to kick me. And I like that they do it at a very good value.

What I'm saying is I value all sorts of sound and have learned to appreciate what I have after reading this thread combined with the SVS thread. I also understand if you are looking bang for your buck, Klipsch is a great choice.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
post #38167 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I quite like my Klipsch RW12d paired with my NSD. The RW12d gives me the kick and punch I like at slightly higher frequencies and the NSD supplies a bit more depth the Klipsch can't. There is value in both, some people want the purest and smoothest of lows. But I myself like to have certain moments in movies to kick me. And I like that they do it at a very good value.

What I'm saying is I value all sorts of sound and have learned to appreciate what I have after reading this thread combined with the SVS thread. I also understand if you are looking bang for your buck, Klipsch is a great choice.
The RW-12d does seem to be a good bang for your buck and is considerably cheaper than the older RSW-12...that said when you look at their comparative specs there is also considerable difference in their design and power rating...When the RSW-12 came out it was $1200 and I got it for $800--That was 12 years ago.
post #38168 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Wow. I didn't even know what the RWS-12 was sorry. Dude you are rockin with 2 of those. I would like to replace my RW12d with that. As it does go a bit lower and I bet it provides quite the midbass punch.

I find this hobby similar to my old Saltwater tank hobby. You are always willing to spend more money for something to make things even prettier, even what you have looks pretty damn good already.

Last edited by Teremei; Yesterday at 02:35 PM.
post #38169 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

After finding out about that older sub it makes me want to replace my RW12d with maybe a SW-115. How do you think the SW-115 compares to yours? I feel like yours still goes pretty low but might offer more punch in the higher regions. Whereas the 15 woofer might be more focused on low, like the NSD does.

I wonder how that would compare to a PB-2000? I wonder if it's dialed up with a bit more midbass. I would love that!

Last edited by Teremei; Yesterday at 02:47 PM.
post #38170 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Will only have 2 TVs in action tonight.

Listening to Pandora on my La Scalas & Watching pre-game on SECession.
I wonder if Texas A&M will have another "Johnny Football" for this year? I was watching the Dallas Cowboy game last pre season game is not worth watching. Cleaned a Chet Atkins LP and jamming my Cornwalls.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100
post #38171 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Sure looks like it, Louis; A&M is thumping USC in Columbia.
Louis Bartay likes this.
post #38172 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I wonder if Texas A&M will have another "Johnny Football" for this year? I was watching the Dallas Cowboy game last pre season game is not worth watching. Cleaned a Chet Atkins LP and jamming my Cornwalls.
It would appear they aren't missing a beat.
Louis Bartay likes this.
post #38173 of 38175 Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Sure looks like it, Louis; A&M is thumping USC in Columbia.
Hey Kendall, I hated it when A&M went to the SEC and gave the finger to the Big 12 (Texas Longhorns, O.U. etc) over TV money etc. The A&M game is not on my DISH package I ordered. The Dallas Cowboy game started out so bad I am breaking in a Denon DL103R MC cartridge and jamming my Klipsch.
I forgot how nice analog LP's sound on Pop's old Pioneer PL-518X turn table. It took me a hour or so to align the cart in the head shell.. I hate those protractors you print out from Vinylengine..

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100
post #38174 of 38175 Old Today, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydBarrett View Post
Anyone have specific recommendations for rubber feet size, diameter, etc.? My bought-used KM4s just have spikes, and i want to change them out to rubber feet for the hardwoods.
I like your screen name.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #38175 of 38175 Old Today, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Syd, did you call Klipsch to see if they have any?

They slip over the spikes.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page