Klipsch owner thread - Page 1275 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Speakers > Klipsch owner thread

Speakers

SanchoPanza's Avatar SanchoPanza
09:25 PM Liked: 450
post #38221 of 38246
08-30-2014 | Posts: 2,911
I turn my Heresy II Center Down to -12dB in Audyssey, from -10, so the announcers are as annoying.

If one of those b I itchs is calling the game, I disconnect the Klipsch Heresy II Center...

NO announcer then...
09:42 PM Liked: 450
post #38222 of 38246
08-30-2014 | Posts: 2,911
cch, the Fat lady is warmin' up...

btw, I like Wisconsin Football...
cchunter's Avatar cchunter
09:55 PM Liked: 467
post #38223 of 38246
08-30-2014 | Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
cch, the Fat lady is warmin' up...

btw, I like Wisconsin Football...
Hard to believe that two key injuries on defense and a punter that couldn't kick more than 30 yds blew that game. Ugh up 24-7 and lose it. Gut wrenching!! Good game though!!
Teremei's Avatar Teremei
10:49 PM Liked: 122
post #38224 of 38246
08-30-2014 | Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
I agree that the payoff of the 82 over the 62 would be better than the PC2000 sub. I'm not sure you would notice anything with the sub swap? It's basically the same but haven't had them side by side for a comparison so I'm going on gut instinct.
Back when the PB-2000 came out I read some opinions who upgraded from 2 NSDs to 2 2000s and they said they loved it. I also remember people saying NSD lacks in midbass (this is true) but the 2000s have a bit better punch in the upper range. So I am taking it from people who actually went from NSD to 2000.
Teremei's Avatar Teremei
10:54 PM Liked: 122
post #38225 of 38246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Yes, but there is a difference, especially if run at full range. Contrast this with the difference between an SVS PC12-NSD and an SVS PC2000 (the upgrade the OP was considering). The PC2000 might get you a 500W amp (vs 400W) and a slightly updated driver...and that's likely it. Given that, it wouldn't be even worth the return shipping hassle and expense to go from the PC12-NSD to the SVS PC2000 IMO. FWIW, that additional 100W might get you an additional 1dB of extension (notwithstanding other differences).

I still maintain that there's a larger difference between the 62 and 82 than there is between the two subwoofers. I'm not saying that the difference between the Klipsch speakers is large; rather, that the difference between the two subs will be almost vanishingly small.
it's also got a 1100w max vs. 800w. I'm just going by many various posted opinions in the weeks and months leading up to and after the release of the PB-2000. many upgraders were very happy going from NSD to 2000. As well as the frequency response chart of the PB NDS vs 2000. And the 2000 goes one hz lower to 17, and seems to have a 3db gain through much of the test. I just don't want to look back a year from now and go, well for $200 I coulda had that 2000 instead of my old NSD. I think it's worth it. And I'm going to take that risk.
11:15 PM Liked: 467
post #38226 of 38246
08-30-2014 | Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Back when the PB-2000 came out I read some opinions who upgraded from 2 NSDs to 2 2000s and they said they loved it. I also remember people saying NSD lacks in midbass (this is true) but the 2000s have a bit better punch in the upper range. So I am taking it from people who actually went from NSD to 2000.
Actually now that you brought that up I do remember a few who upgraded from the NSD to the 2000 were happy about the upgrade in general. They better hurry up with the release of the PC-2000 then. Usually Rapallo from new Zealand will have the new models advertised before the USA. At least they were way ahead on the SB and PB 2000 models. Might want to check there periodically in the upcoming months.http://www.rapalloav.co.nz/
Teremei's Avatar Teremei
11:44 PM Liked: 122
post #38227 of 38246
I will. If I miss it, oh well. I will be happy with the NSD. If it comes out in time I have to seriously consider it at least. Maybe it won't be worth it? I don't know. I'm just gonna enjoy my current set up some more.
Reference_head's Avatar Reference_head
11:50 PM Liked: 657
post #38228 of 38246
08-30-2014 | Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
I will. If I miss it, oh well. I will be happy with the NSD. If it comes out in time I have to seriously consider it at least. Maybe it won't be worth it? I don't know. I'm just gonna enjoy my current set up some more.
If your going to upgrade your sub go with a pc-12 plus. Much better driver and amp. Its basically an ultra with less out put. Great sub
heres on in the outlet on sale.
http://www.svsound.com/specials/outl...12-plus-outlet
Schwa's Avatar Schwa
09:00 AM Liked: 260
post #38229 of 38246
08-31-2014 | Posts: 1,929
Now this is apropos: The smartest speaker-buying tip of all on CNet.
ClawAndTalon's Avatar ClawAndTalon
10:11 AM Liked: 102
post #38230 of 38246
08-31-2014 | Posts: 387
Quote:
Hard to believe that two key injuries on defense and a punter that couldn't kick more than 30 yds blew that game. Ugh up 24-7 and lose it. Gut wrenching!! Good game though!!
I was happy Auburn dialed it in after halftime and turned a 21-21 game at halftime into a 45-21 rout over Arkansas and Coach Beluga. You might remember him.
11:09 AM Liked: 467
post #38231 of 38246
08-31-2014 | Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
I was happy Auburn dialed it in after halftime and turned a 21-21 game at halftime into a 45-21 rout over Arkansas and Coach Beluga. You might remember him.
Yea there was a lot of controversy after Coach Beliema announced he was gonna coach Arkansaw and walked out right before the Rose Bowl and had the athletic director Barry Alvarez coach that game. Something obviously happened there internally. I thought the whole situation was crap. I mean who walks out on their team right before the Rose Bowl? Either that or Beliema told Alvarez of his decision to quit and go coach Arkansaw and Alvarez got mad and basically said he would coach them that game. Far as I'm concerned good riddance to Beliema lol.
09:41 PM Liked: 102
post #38232 of 38246
08-31-2014 | Posts: 387
Quote:
Yea there was a lot of controversy after Coach Beliema announced he was gonna coach Arkansaw and walked out right before the Rose Bowl and had the athletic director Barry Alvarez coach that game. Something obviously happened there internally. I thought the whole situation was crap. I mean who walks out on their team right before the Rose Bowl? Either that or Beliema told Alvarez of his decision to quit and go coach Arkansaw and Alvarez got mad and basically said he would coach them that game. Far as I'm concerned good riddance to Beliema lol.
Honestly I think he just wanted to be the man, and not under Barry's shadow. Coaches typically don't coach bowl games after taking offers, and the Arkansas offer was on the table so he had to act then.
Personally I can't stand him. Auburn runs a hurry up no huddle, and it gives him fits. So, what does he do? Tries to get rules changed to make no huddle illegal.
Our coach, Gus Malzahn, is a legend in Arkansas high school, and I think he's got a chip on his shoulder since Gus is looked at in Arkansas as the one that got away, and he's the second choice.
He needs to win a conference game, or he's gonna be fired.
Stahp's Avatar Stahp
12:56 AM Liked: 13
post #38233 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 8
I can get a pair of RF-82 MK1's with a 44% discount and wondering if I should go for it.

I've currently got a pair of B&W 685 S2 which I'm happy with, but they haven't got anything going for them when it comes to movies compared to the Klipsch horn. I've heard the Klipsch plenty at my mates house and I can't say that I dislike the sound. It might be a tad brighter than my B&W's, but the punch is definitely more pleasant with the Klipsch.

Not thinking of selling equipment at this point, so would be keeping both sets of speakers. Could it work to use the B&W as rear-speakers in a surround setup, or will the sound signature be too different? If not, I might just separate them into different rooms.
08:24 AM Liked: 450
post #38234 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 2,911
Stahp, not a bad deal on the RF-82.

If you are in the States, you prolly can get just about the same deal on RF-82II.

As far as mixing 2 brands, just try it & see how YOU like it; although less than ideal, matching can be overrated.

FurAndFeather, the Plainsmen, er War Eagles, er Many Names look pretty good & ArKansas looks much improved.

Think the West winner has 1, maybe 2 conference losses.
Louis Bartay's Avatar Louis Bartay
08:38 AM Liked: 483
post #38235 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Stahp, not a bad deal on the RF-82.

If you are in the States, you prolly can get just about the same deal on RF-82II.

As far as mixing 2 brands, just try it & see how YOU like it; although less than ideal, matching can be overrated.
I agree on the deal for the RF-82. I have used some different brands of speakers for rears for HT and they worked OK for movies. All speakers on for music

the rears did not blend in very good. Timber matching the fronts with a center speaker and good sub is a must for HT IMHO.
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru
11:23 AM Liked: 102
post #38236 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 693
Woohoo! Christmas came early

If you guys remember, I was posting a couple of weeks ago on a great deal for an x4000 open box at my local best buy (a little more than $800 iirc). I was disappointed that it got sold, and then I was convinced that I'm probably better off upgrading my sub anyway...

A couple of days ago though my buddy at BB told me the x4000 wasn't sold, it was just put back in the stockroom for the weekend...and to get rid of it, they could sell it for $600! Plus, best buy is doing a special promotion for 10% rewards back vs the usual 1%. So I basically got a perfect condition x4000 with full warranty for $540. I'm very excited

Hopefully I'll have time to install and set it up to night. As an added bonus, he threw in one of the new "rocket" stands for the audyssey mic which is great since that was an issue I was having (not being able to calibrate correctly).

Just wanted to share some good news with people that get it - my wife just rolls her eyes.
11:38 AM Liked: 450
post #38237 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 2,911
Good score; now buy the Mic Stand & Adapter you need to do the Audyssey set-up best.

See X4000 or Audyssey thread.
baloo_btru's Avatar baloo_btru
11:47 AM Liked: 102
post #38238 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 693
Quote:
Good score; now buy the Mic Stand & Adapter you need to do the Audyssey set-up best.

See X4000 or Audyssey thread.
Have the reviews been that bad of the cardboard stand? Since it was made specifically for that purpose I thought it would be decent, at least.
Teremei's Avatar Teremei
12:04 PM Liked: 122
post #38239 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 844
I have been buying blu rays of some old movies I love. Recent watch The Neverending Story. It has more low base than I expected. Very nice. One thing I noticed, even during the opening song they called upon the subwoofers and my woofers seem a little "slow" on the beat. Maybe it's just the mix or maybe it's just that sealed woofers would be a bit quicker in reponse? That's what I'm thinking.
Teremei's Avatar Teremei
12:07 PM Liked: 122
post #38240 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 844
I've been thinking more about my whole PC-2000 controversy and looking back at the PB/SB-2000 announcement I think it's just that not a week after I got my NSD they released those so I felt kinda burned. Ever since that day I think I made a mental note to myself to "wait for the PC-2000" and didn't use any logic. Then I went found this post from a ways back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Teremei

Thanks for that. If that's the case I'm probably best with my current combo. An NSD that digs low and an artificial midbass sub.

Yep. You basically have a setup similar to HSU Research's mid bass module, you just don't have to spend $500 for it. Your SVS is flat and goes deep, your other sub provides room smoothing and extra mid bass punch. Sounds like a good combo.
Maybe I'll keep what I have. But my slow bass during that song made me think, maybe 2 SB-2000s would be great for my room? Haha the upgrade bug bites again! I don't know how serious I actually am about it though, but I gotta admit I'm curious about it.
12:08 PM Liked: 102
post #38241 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 387
The Denon X4000 is the best deal on the market.
12:25 PM Liked: 467
post #38242 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru View Post

If you guys remember, I was posting a couple of weeks ago on a great deal for an x4000 open box at my local best buy (a little more than $800 iirc). I was disappointed that it got sold, and then I was convinced that I'm probably better off upgrading my sub anyway...

A couple of days ago though my buddy at BB told me the x4000 wasn't sold, it was just put back in the stockroom for the weekend...and to get rid of it, they could sell it for $600! Plus, best buy is doing a special promotion for 10% rewards back vs the usual 1%. So I basically got a perfect condition x4000 with full warranty for $540. I'm very excited

Hopefully I'll have time to install and set it up to night. As an added bonus, he threw in one of the new "rocket" stands for the audyssey mic which is great since that was an issue I was having (not being able to calibrate correctly).

Just wanted to share some good news with people that get it - my wife just rolls her eyes.
Congrats! That's the best deal I've seen on the X4000 to date!
retro124's Avatar retro124
10:01 PM Liked: 169
post #38243 of 38246
Yesterday | Posts: 894
Quote:

Congrat's good for you!!!
Zen Traveler's Avatar Zen Traveler
08:18 AM Liked: 296
post #38244 of 38246
Today | Posts: 4,095
Quote:
Have the reviews been that bad of the cardboard stand? Since it was made specifically for that purpose I thought it would be decent, at least.
Congratulations on an excellent deal on the Denon X4000, but I thought the stand you speak of came with the newer Atmos models being released and not the earlier ones--That said, you should be good to go.
Louis Bartay's Avatar Louis Bartay
08:20 AM Liked: 483
post #38245 of 38246
Today | Posts: 1,297
Quote:
Congrats! That's the best deal I've seen on the X4000 to date!
DITTO........ great deal. I can't find one for that amount.
Zen Traveler's Avatar Zen Traveler
08:25 AM Liked: 296
post #38246 of 38246
Today | Posts: 4,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
DITTO........ great deal. I can't find one for that amount.
Honestly, if he got it at BestBuy for that price I would call around and see if other stores can match it.
Tags: Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Reply Speakers

Subscribe to this Thread