Klipsch owner thread - Page 1290 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #38671 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by krozman View Post
Worst case scenario with the HDCP is buying a blu ray player with two HDMI outputs. Honestly doesn't matter to me because 1080p already looks spectacular. 4k is better than 1080p like RF 82's are better than RF62s. It's definitely better, but in my room isn't not really going to be as noticeable to me.


The external amp thing is kinda disappointing kinda, but only annoying to set up. Then it's fine.
I agree regarding 4k but it's the other things that come along with the 4k spec that intrigue me... HDR, higher def 3D & expanded color... unless if HDR & color gamut can be utilized on 1080p. I plan to buy a new TV around Xmas 2015 and was hoping to upgrade my AVR right now but have it be ready for the TV.
Aras_Volodka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #38672 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
TheCableMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a 7.1 system and plan on picking up a pair of rs speakers. Are those better suited to be used as the side surrounds or the surround backs? I would assume the side surrounds as the backs I believe are the matrixed speakers.
TheCableMan is online now  
post #38673 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I will let you know as soon as the rest of my speakers get here. Adding a 100.00 Amp to drive some height speakers is easy as can be.
What actual product are you using to amp those last 2 heights? I don't know much about external pres in the home audio world. I actually do co-run a studio so I have a bunch of mic preamps but I'm sure that's totally different than a 2 channel home audio pre (haha).
Aras_Volodka is offline  
post #38674 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
What actual product are you using to amp those last 2 heights? I don't know much about external pres in the home audio world. I actually do co-run a studio so I have a bunch of mic preamps but I'm sure that's totally different than a 2 channel home audio pre (haha).
I am using an Emotiva UPA-200 for the 2 heights, an XPA-200 for my front left and right, and an XPA-100 for my center. I really like Emotiva but you could probably get away with a cheaper stereo amp like this with some sensitive speakers:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00026BQJ6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2EA1 X2CQ2VSQ9&coliid=IGO6TA9ZL7WKW&psc=1

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1151.4
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is online now  
post #38675 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM
Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCableMan View Post
I have a 7.1 system and plan on picking up a pair of rs speakers. Are those better suited to be used as the side surrounds or the surround backs? I would assume the side surrounds as the backs I believe are the matrixed speakers.
They're meant as side surrounds, but I know a couple folks here have had success positioning them as rears due to room constraints.
mpirnat is offline  
post #38676 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
They're meant as side surrounds, but I know a couple folks here have had success positioning them as rears due to room constraints.
I think they are meant as both surrounds and rear surrounds. I am using them as such anyway and I have plenty of room.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1151.4
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is online now  
post #38677 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I am using an Emotiva UPA-200 for the 2 heights, an XPA-200 for my front left and right, and an XPA-100 for my center. I really like Emotiva but you could probably get away with a cheaper stereo amp like this with some sensitive speakers:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00026BQJ6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2EA1 X2CQ2VSQ9&coliid=IGO6TA9ZL7WKW&psc=1
If I get that I'd pair it with Def tech A 60's... do you guys think those would make the best surrounds for Klipsch or will this be a trial n error sort of thing? I keep going back and forth about the Denon.
Aras_Volodka is offline  
post #38678 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM
Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
My RB81IIs (aka the "can't get RF7s yet compromise") showed up today!

The first thing my wife said about them was that "they're a lot bigger than I was expecting; you didn't tell me that." Uh-oh...

Then after we demoed some tracks from the Frozen soundtrack she said, "Oh, those do sound better." :-)

I had Mike Oldfield's "Secrets/Far Above the Clouds" from Tubular Bells III up around 85-90 dB and it sounded pretty excellent to me.

Haven't done any movies yet as it was close to the kiddo's bedtime and we didn't want to keep her up on a school night, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they can do and how my existing RS42IIs hold up against them.

For now, my RB41IIs are hooked up as "presence" speakers to my Yamaha AVR; I think the 41s will either move to rear duty at the back of the room near the ceiling (to work around the bay window) or up to our bedroom.

I thought it might be fun to get a shot of the 81s next to their little cousins, so here's a not very good photo from my phone. The size difference is *really* striking! I know the vertical placement isn't ideal--we have a ways to go on reconfiguring the room before I can get the 81s at their proper height. I also want to relocate the sub to the corner but that's also dependent on some of the same constraints, and the cabinet likewise limits me for now to the RC42 (which sounds fine, but could always be better).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1659a.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	264906  
sikclown likes this.
mpirnat is offline  
post #38679 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
If I get that I'd pair it with Def tech A 60's... do you guys think those would make the best surrounds for Klipsch or will this be a trial n error sort of thing? I keep going back and forth about the Denon.
Well I am matching Klipsch with Klipsch but I don't have a setup conducive to Atmos enabled speakers, my ceilings are too tall and my rears would either be too close or too far away so ceiling mounted would at least have to happen for top rears. At the end of the day I think any surround speakers will do the trick when mounted properly. Of course I am gambling on that thought process

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1151.4
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is online now  
post #38680 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
My RB81IIs (aka the "can't get RF7s yet compromise") showed up today!

The first thing my wife said about them was that "they're a lot bigger than I was expecting; you didn't tell me that." Uh-oh...

Then after we demoed some tracks from the Frozen soundtrack she said, "Oh, those do sound better." :-)

I had Mike Oldfield's "Secrets/Far Above the Clouds" from Tubular Bells III up around 85-90 dB and it sounded pretty excellent to me.

Haven't done any movies yet as it was close to the kiddo's bedtime and we didn't want to keep her up on a school night, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they can do and how my existing RS42IIs hold up against them.

For now, my RB41IIs are hooked up as "presence" speakers to my Yamaha AVR; I think the 41s will either move to rear duty at the back of the room near the ceiling (to work around the bay window) or up to our bedroom.

I thought it might be fun to get a shot of the 81s next to their little cousins, so here's a not very good photo from my phone. The size difference is *really* striking! I know the vertical placement isn't ideal--we have a ways to go on reconfiguring the room before I can get the 81s at their proper height. I also want to relocate the sub to the corner but that's also dependent on some of the same constraints, and the cabinet likewise limits me for now to the RC42 (which sounds fine, but could always be better).
Wow, the 41s look like toys in comparison! Congrats and maybe this will plant the seed for your wife to "decide" that y'all should go a little bigger

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1151.4
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is online now  
post #38681 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Well I am matching Klipsch with Klipsch but I don't have a setup conducive to Atmos enabled speakers, my ceilings are too tall and my rears would either be too close or too far away so ceiling mounted would at least have to happen for top rears. At the end of the day I think any surround speakers will do the trick when mounted properly. Of course I am gambling on that thought process
Just timber (tamber) matching to worry about... which the Dolby guy said you should be able to EQ your way out of that problem in the home theater geeks podcast recently. Not a problem for the Denon
Aras_Volodka is offline  
post #38682 of 38693 Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Member
 
krozman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
my ceilings are too tall
Mount your RF 82's in the ceiling and yell, in your most maniacal voice, "challenge accepted." Then get RF7 mains.
krozman is online now  
post #38683 of 38693 Old Today, 01:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
Yes, this couch is the only seating. The Rear Chorus II's are setup on the L/R rear outputs from my receiver... they are 4 feet behind the couch, slightly off from the walls and angled towards the center of the room/listening position.

SB-2's might be better then? It would sure save me a lot of money hahah. But I'm sure the 62's kick enough ass to be worth it in the right situation.
I'm running 3.1 right now. Next, I'm going to be getting the RS-62 II's. My seating is against the back wall and the left wall.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
Mongo171 is online now  
post #38684 of 38693 Old Today, 02:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Reading about those speakers what some of you have is amazing. I never had chance to listen Chorus II's or Forte II's or La Scalas original one or II.
It is so cool to know some of those speakers build long time ago still exist and people enjoy them a lot. Hope I will have chance to listen them soon to know how they sound like and what I'm missing.
The very first Klipsch speaker I heard was the Khorn. Since then, I've been hooked. I've always preferred the 3-way speaker design over the 2-way. Bought my Chorus II's new in 95. Been pissing people off ever since. I did have a pair of La Scala's. Just didn't have the room any more for them and sold them a couple of years ago. They were some sweet sounding speakers.
malmstump and retro124 like this.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
Mongo171 is online now  
post #38685 of 38693 Old Today, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Mongo, do you remember what you paid for your Chorus II in 1995, & what MSRP was?
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #38686 of 38693 Old Today, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 968
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
My RB81IIs (aka the "can't get RF7s yet compromise") showed up today!

The first thing my wife said about them was that "they're a lot bigger than I was expecting; you didn't tell me that." Uh-oh...

Then after we demoed some tracks from the Frozen soundtrack she said, "Oh, those do sound better." :-)

I had Mike Oldfield's "Secrets/Far Above the Clouds" from Tubular Bells III up around 85-90 dB and it sounded pretty excellent to me.

Haven't done any movies yet as it was close to the kiddo's bedtime and we didn't want to keep her up on a school night, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they can do and how my existing RS42IIs hold up against them.

For now, my RB41IIs are hooked up as "presence" speakers to my Yamaha AVR; I think the 41s will either move to rear duty at the back of the room near the ceiling (to work around the bay window) or up to our bedroom.

I thought it might be fun to get a shot of the 81s next to their little cousins, so here's a not very good photo from my phone. The size difference is *really* striking! I know the vertical placement isn't ideal--we have a ways to go on reconfiguring the room before I can get the 81s at their proper height. I also want to relocate the sub to the corner but that's also dependent on some of the same constraints, and the cabinet likewise limits me for now to the RC42 (which sounds fine, but could always be better).
Great picture I can't believe how bigger RB-81 are compare RB41 wow. Mine RB-81 will arrive soon will use them for front heights or wides will see.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #38687 of 38693 Old Today, 04:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CLEVELAND, OH
Posts: 596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
hello all, I have a fast question. WHY is it that if not all major "audiophile" publications that i know of; DO NOT SUPPORT KLIPSCH speakers? might get a mention but just fall short.. Like how many pages of this forum here we have?

XBOX >cata1:mothballed; PS3+4  =  CHiNGOBLiNG   = RUBEN...
YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!!

 

itty bitty MAN CAVE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    has now become>>.. "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER"..click..>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


ILOVEMYHDTV is offline  
post #38688 of 38693 Old Today, 07:13 AM
Senior Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYHDTV View Post
hello all, I have a fast question. WHY is it that if not all major "audiophile" publications that i know of; DO NOT SUPPORT KLIPSCH speakers? might get a mention but just fall short.. Like how many pages of this forum here we have?

Define 'do not support?' Stereophile has long listed Klipsch speakers in the recommended issues at varying price points.


Are you speaking of lack of coverage? These publications focus on new products. There's no reason for Stereophile to have an article about an RF-62 II, or the LaScala II because they've been out for years. There's tons of free information out there on those speakers. Publications print information that you can't find anywhere else. While quality grade, the new Reference I series isn't quite what I'd consider 'audiophile' grade. There are literally 100s of speaker lines, and at any given moment a serious manufacturer has a new 'must hear' speaker set. Not to mention other new gear like receivers, amplifiers, turntables et al. which are all begging for limited print space.

If there's a serious publication not supporting (under no uncertain terms) Klipsch Reference II (formally known as just Reference) Palladium or Heritage lines, please give me an example.


I will say that there are several ways to build a speaker, and Klipsch is unique (kinda) in that they use compression drivers (horns) instead of dome tweeters. There's a perception of bad quality which I think is misplaced. There are other even more eccentric ways to design speakers, and they also get unfairly targeted. So they aren't alone. IMO price is almost wholly reflective of quality. A $250 tower set will not sound as good as just about any $1200 tower set with horns, to anyone, and vice-versa.


In the end don't be a fan boy, and don't let other fan boys get to you. You should like the speakers which you think sound the best at your budget. I know some audiophiles whose opinion I would otherwise consider as gold who do not like Klipsch sound. I also know some fan boys who don't like Klipsch because they are repeating banal nonsense which they only think to be true. The later is what makes this hobby a mess sometimes.
ClawAndTalon is online now  
post #38689 of 38693 Old Today, 07:24 AM
Senior Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrkLord View Post
Ok........I had my R-28F's at my cousins house over the weekend. For a recap his setup is as follows: (2) RF-82II's paired with the RC-62II, (4) RS-62II and a JL Audio E-Sub e112 running them on a Denon 4520CI. We played The Dark knight, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Snatch, then we popped in GTA V and The Last of Us. I will start off by saying there is a big difference between the RF-82II's and the R-28F's. Now don't get me wrong, the R-28F's sound very good, I'd say they are a little better than the F-30's, but not close at all to the clarity of the RF-82II's, even the bass response is cleaner. Seeing as how I originally wanted the F-30's, I am very happy with the R-28F's. My dilemma now is what center channel speaker should I go with....RC-62II, RC-52II or the R-25C to match the R-28F's???

While the R-28F is a quality speaker, I'm glad that you now understand that the R-28F have nothing on the RF-82 IIs.


I would strongly suggest that you keep the series in house with the R-25C as it will have a proper voice match with your towers. To me that's critical with a center channel. You don't want to hear James Earl Jones suddenly become Mike Tyson as sound shifts across the room.


Having drivers the exact same size as the towers, or closer to it, is about as arbitrary as it gets. A center channel needs really only concern itself with sounds down to 80 hz, and not even that is needed 90% of the time. If your sub is placed up front you have even less concern.
ClawAndTalon is online now  
post #38690 of 38693 Old Today, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 468
^^^ IF you can fit another R-28F as Center, I recommend that.

Or, if you plan to upgrade to the RF-82II, go ahead & get the RC-62II; IF the R-28F won't fit...

Thank you for the listening notes.
ClawAndTalon likes this.
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #38691 of 38693 Old Today, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,866
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Mongo, do you remember what you paid for your Chorus II in 1995, & what MSRP was?
I was friends with the manager. He basically gave me MSRP with no tax. So, I paid $1800 for the pair. They had to call Hope to see if there were any left. They had 7 pair left, all black.

Then, one day, he found an old folder and let me go through it. I pulled out old brochures and saw price sheets. MSRP was double cost.
malmstump likes this.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!

Last edited by Mongo171; Today at 07:51 AM.
Mongo171 is online now  
post #38692 of 38693 Old Today, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
I was friends with the manager. He basically gave me MSRP with no tax. So, I paid $1800 for the pair. They had to call Hope to see if there were any left. They had 7 pair left, all black.

Then, one day, he found an folder and let me go through it. I pulled out old brochures and saw price sheets. MSRP was double cost.
Thank you for your cooperation. ;-)
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #38693 of 38693 Old Today, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
^^^ IF you can fit another R-28F as Center, I recommend that.

Or, if you plan to upgrade to the RF-82II, go ahead & get the RC-62II; IF the R-28F won't fit...

Thank you for the listening notes.

Absolutely, a third tower is always best, and forward thinking is never a bad idea. However, don't make this more complicated than it has to be. If your long term (2-3 year) goal is to be hitched with Reference I for the foreseeable future, than just go all Reference I.


It's also easier to sell a whole complete set when you're ready to upgrade. For instance, you go to sell the towers and surround, but don't have the matching center, and it's no longer sold, that's going to be a 'thing' to some buyers.
ClawAndTalon is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off