Klipsch owner thread - Page 1291 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #38701 of 38710 Old Today, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 266
I'm a big proponent of having all of the speakers in a given setup be from within the same series. If the R-28F's are your mains, get the R-52C. My secondary setup is a Klipsch a Icon W arrangement and my WC-24 sounds great with my WF-35 mains. I actually have an extra RC-3, RC-62II, and C-3 boxed up in my basement that I could use with my WF-35s, but why? The WC-24 blends better than the other centers would IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38702 of 38710 Old Today, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 698
I support "if it sounds good to you, in your setup and your house, then use that."

What would people suggest I use as a center with my Chorus II's? I started with the Academy. Now, I'm going to try a KLF-C7. Whichever meets the above specs will be my center channel.
malmstump likes this.
post #38703 of 38710 Old Today, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
I support "if it sounds good to you, in your setup and your house, then use that."

What would people suggest I use as a center with my Chorus II's? I started with the Academy. Now, I'm going to try a KLF-C7. Whichever meets the above specs will be my center channel.
I agree if it sounds good to him in that room save the coin if you not going to move to a bigger room and upgrade the fronts. I did like you, I ended up with the C7 (larger 10" tweeter horn)from a RC-62 between my Cornwalls. It's better to turn down the gain on a larger center then to max it out on a smaller one. For me it was a no brainer as I have lived in the house for many years and Not moving now that I am retired... I started out going big on the fronts(build around them first) when I just had stereo then I added HT and faced with not enough room for a third Cornwall or Heresy for the center and rears. I played the RC-62 for several years with RS3-II for rears. It's a shame no rear corners for my back surrounds so I had to wall mount the rears for my 5.2.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
post #38704 of 38710 Old Today, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:

A Heresy.
post #38705 of 38710 Old Today, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
A Heresy.
According to you, that speaker is for older Heritage speakers. Totally different tweeter and mid horn than my Chorus II's.
post #38706 of 38710 Old Today, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
The TV would need wall mounting. I mean, if the center channel is of poor quality, then sure, that's one thing. I certainly can understand that. Can't keep up with just sounds like such an over generalized characterization. In any case, perhaps the new Reference line has a better center channel now.
I'm not going to get another tower, there's no need for that and my TV stand is big enough to hold the RC-62II, so anything smaller will fit just fine. Sikclown made a good point, I'll get the R-25C and try it out. I think part of the problem is that I've only heard the RC-62II and anything else I've listened to has not measured up.
post #38707 of 38710 Old Today, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:

I have the RC-3 center with 4x chorus II's... I'm using an ancient receiver and was able to match the frequency with the chorus II's with a bit of EQ... but I'm constantly tinkering with it/ might be upgrading to Atmos soon. I'm happy with the sound but I do find that for different films I end up having to crank or turn down the center channel.
post #38708 of 38710 Old Today, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Anyone here have a 7.1 Klipsch setup? I'd like to get some advice from those of you who do/ might have chorus II's (haha).
post #38709 of 38710 Old Today, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
According to you, that speaker is for older Heritage speakers. Totally different tweeter and mid horn than my Chorus II's.
The C7 10" tweeter has three different diaphragms so it will timber match most all Klipsch fronts. And two 8" mid woofers. I have listened to a C7 on Fortee, Heresy II, Cornwalls, RF-7 and KLF-30/30 and after we adjusted it in the eq. and matched the diaphragm all was great IMHO. Make a DIY center and purchase used Chorus tweeter and mid .

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
post #38710 of 38710 Old Today, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
The C7 10" tweeter has three different diaphragms so it will timber match most all Klipsch fronts. And two 8" mid woofers. I have listened to a C7 on Fortee, Heresy II, Cornwalls, RF-7 and KLF-30/30 and after we adjusted it in the eq. and matched the diaphragm all was great IMHO. Make a DIY center and purchase used Chorus tweeter and mid .
Quote:
I'd try the Heresy II, &/or KLF C-7; easy enough to get your money back out of the one you don't keep.

HII works pretty good with my LS.
Louis Bartay likes this.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page