AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
How's the pro line treating you Ryan
Pretty cool bro. Been trying to decide if I should change out the rears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38732 of 38733 Old Today, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Is an inch enough space to give the rear port? I don't know the answer, just curious.
The honest answer is no. however, ports are for the sub, not the tweeter, and I generally let the sub do all the bass work on home theatre. HOWEVER, with the X5200W I will be testing that theory and I wanted to leave at least some space off the ceiling for air to not completely screw it all up. My ceilings are only 8 feet tall, so after the 12 inches I'm giving for the length of the speaker there's not a ton of space between that speaker and my ears. I really can't give it the 6 inches Klipsch wants me to give it. When all is said and done it may be slightly more than an inch of clearance, and the good news it that the area between the speaker and the ceiling will be completely free (i.e. not enclosed like a....bookshelf!), so I'm pretty sure the speaker will do ok in the environment I'm putting it in. Irregardless, I will be reporting if I encounter problems with the way it sounds.

Honestly the biggest issue I had was the dispersion angles that Dolby wants...which is 90 degrees from the axis. The RB51's are 90x60.
post #38733 of 38733 Old Today, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I have never had Chorus IIs, but curiously found that folks haven't liked the Academy Center channel when compared to the KLF- C7...On the Klipsch Forum there are quite a few folks that prefer the latter--that said, I have a C7 between KLF -20s and it sounds good but when I was running an RC-7 from the Reference line with those felt it sounded cleaner... Of course, YMMV, but I have never been fond of the Hersey comparatively speaking with the footprint it takes up.
The C7 has a poly diaphragm in that 10" tweeter horn, had they replaced it with a Ti the test would have been different.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page