Klipsch owner thread - Page 1295 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #38821 of 38849 Old 09-21-2014, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 984
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I figured when Klipsch was purchased changes would happen.
Well just hope if Klipsch do any big changes they will be a good one. We will see.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #38822 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM
Senior Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I actually am curious who is going to sell Klipsch? I also wonder what is going to happen to their Forum as the new speakers come out...There doesn't appear to be much love for the new Reference line--Fwiw, I thought the new soundbar seemed pretty cool for that market, but I have no idea about their Headphones...
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
It is not AVS who decide but Klipsch. AVS is going to stop carry Klipsch becouse Klipsch did some restructuring and we are one of the casualties. This is what Mike from AVS said when I asked him and make my purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I figured when Klipsch was purchased changes would happen.



Best Buy will carry the new Reference I line, soundbars and headphones. Reference II, Palladium, THX II, and Heritage are going to be sold through independent dealers. To make them more appealing to independent dealers, they had to pull out of several sales channels including AVS Sales, as well as freshen up the line, and add more margin to attract more dealers.
ClawAndTalon is online now  
post #38823 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I figured when Klipsch was purchased changes would happen.
It was interesting seeing their trajectory when they apparently were putting Klipsch Inc on the market and the introduction of the "old" Reference and putting the "II" in their name--My guess that's when they started cutting costs and at best both lines were comparable...That said, and seeing the financial disclosures/reactions to VOXX it seems hard to believe they are putting much money in R & D for these legacy speakers...

Folks seem just as happy with the "II" line as they were with the originals so they are still products that they think are marketable but it still amazes me how many people purchase off of the internet without ever hearing them.
Louis Bartay likes this.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #38824 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
Best Buy will carry the new Reference I line, soundbars and headphones. Reference II, Palladium, THX II, and Heritage are going to be sold through independent dealers. To make them more appealing to independent dealers, they had to pull out of several sales channels including AVS Sales, as well as freshen up the line, and add more margin to attract more dealers.
If BBY stays afloat that will be where Klipsch makes their money--That said, I was around (and got some really good deals on what I own) when they were pulling out of TWTR (their largest distributor at the time) and going into ULTE and then the latter went bankrupt--That is when they started making deals with Magnolia, although they never had upper end Reference to audition... {NOTE: I also noticed the only center channel they carried was the RC-52 and had it paired with both the RF-62 and RF-82 and realized that folks had a hard time using a larger center channel with their flat screen tvs}

I also can't believe they sell very many Heritage speakers and I would be real curious on Palladium sales given what's available at that price point...It seems the THX lines have a pretty good margin for distributors and that along with the THX Ultra II rating still make it attractive for potential buyers--I saw those being discussed on a thread here recent by a guy doing his homework.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Yesterday at 07:49 AM.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #38825 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM
Senior Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
It was interesting seeing their trajectory when they apparently were putting Klipsch Inc on the market and the introduction of the "old" Reference and putting the "II" in their name--My guess that's when they started cutting costs and at best both lines were comparable...That said, and seeing the financial disclosures/reactions to VOXX it seems hard to believe they are putting much money in R & D for these legacy speakers...

Folks seem just as happy with the "II" line as they were with the originals so they are still products that they think are marketable but it still amazes me how many people purchase off of the internet without ever hearing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
If BBY stays afloat that will be where Klipsch makes their money--That said, I was around (and got some really good deals on what I own) when they were pulling out of TWTR (their largest distributor at the time) and going into ULTE and then the latter went bankrupt--That is when they started making deals with Magnolia, although they never had upper end Reference to audition... {NOTE: I also noticed the only center channel they carried was the RC-52 and had it paired with both the RF-62 and RF-82 and realized that folks had a hard time using a larger center channel with their flat screen tvs}

I also can't believe they sell very many Heritage speakers and I would be real curious on Palladium sales given what's available at that price point...It seems the THX lines have a pretty good margin for distributors and that along with the THX Ultra II rating still make it attractive for potential buyers--I saw those being discussed on a thread here recent by a guy doing his homework.


I think it goes without saying that in this industry, that if you fail to constantly update and advance your product then you’re going to be left in the dust. No speaker company does a flawlessjob at updating products, Klipsch included. Some updates are marginal, while others are profound. So while VOXX is everyone’s favorite punching bag, it’s not necessarily their fault when the former happens. Klipsch has a sizable budget for RD.


You are making some good points, but let’s put it all together. When it comes to ID, Amazon rules. But with that, as a manufacturer you also lose pricing power. Klipsch realizes this. If folks want to ‘showroom’ (look at it at Best Buy or anywhere else, but buy it cheaper on Amazon) with the lower end gear, that’s fine. They’ll still sell so much of it, that it won’t matter. The problem is their premium gear being on Amazon or other ID retailers. Klipsch realizes that this market belongs with independent retailers. The problem is, you can’t have a decent margin when you’reprice is undercut on Amazon. In order to sell with independents you need asizeable margin.


In the end this is a healthier model for the premium lines. For example, you hit a good point, Palladium has been reeling. It’s a serious product which can’t get a serious market foothold.

Last edited by ClawAndTalon; Yesterday at 10:23 AM.
ClawAndTalon is online now  
post #38826 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
I think it goes without sayingthat in this industry, that if you fail to constantly update and advance your productthen you’re going to be left in the dust. No speaker company does a flawlessjob at updating products, Klipsch included. Some updates are marginal, whileothers are profound. So while VOXX is everyone’s favorite punching bag, it’snot necessarily their fault if this happens. Klipsch has a sizable budget forRD. ...
For the record, I wasn't bashing VOXX and agree that the market has changed a lot with the onset of the internet--That said, when Paul Klipsch was in control of the company he was a genius scientist who had the final word and now it's marketers and the need to deliver profits to shareholders--Nothing wrong with that but, imo those are where the changes lie...The last big invention appeared to be the advent of the tractrix compression driver which allowed speakers to have a smaller footprint, but I am not sure where that design mated to a/few LF drivers is going to change. My 2 cents. {Note: I admit I haven't been following the headphone market but that is where it appears a lot of their efforts have gone in the last 5 years.}
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #38827 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Cool

Chad, on 22 Sept 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:We just made them available on our site:

R-110SW: http://www.klipsch.com/R-110SW
R-112SW: http://www.klipsch.com/R-112SW
R-115SW: http://www.klipsch.com/R-115SW

I know some of you have seen "leaks" elsewhere, but we are very happy to announce these models!

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #38828 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
For the record, I wasn't bashing VOXX and agree that the market has changed a lot with the onset of the internet--That said, when Paul Klipsch was in control of the company he was a genius scientist who had the final word and now it's marketers and the need to deliver profits to shareholders--Nothing wrong with that but, imo those are where the changes lie...The last big invention appeared to be the advent of the tractrix compression driver which allowed speakers to have a smaller footprint, but I am not sure where that design mated to a/few LF drivers is going to change. My 2 cents. {Note: I admit I haven't been following the headphone market but that is where it appears a lot of their efforts have gone in the last 5 years.}




That said, when Paul Klipsch was in control of the companyhe was a genius scientist who had the final word and now it's marketers and theneed to deliver profits to shareholders..


I can see the level of appeal thisstatement has, but if I understand your point correctly, I think it’s flawed. Klipsch is completely different than the PWK days, but so are countless otherspeaker manufacturers. High end audio is a very niche market. It can make money however, and smart investors know that it’s good to properly take care of these types of investments with high quality products. Those who are simply concerned with profits, are the slim exception, not the rule.


The last big invention appeared to be the advent of thetractrix compression driver which allowed speakers to have a smaller footprint,but I am not sure where that design mated to a/few LF drivers is going tochange.


Are you asking what design improvements can (or should be) expected to follow? There’s a laundry list ofadvancements which we should see over the years.
ClawAndTalon is online now  
post #38829 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM
Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Chad, on 22 Sept 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:We just made them available on our site:

R-110SW: http://www.klipsch.com/R-110SW
R-112SW: http://www.klipsch.com/R-112SW
R-115SW: http://www.klipsch.com/R-115SW

I know some of you have seen "leaks" elsewhere, but we are very happy to announce these models!
Won't lie, I wish my SW112 had that matching copper cone instead of being plain black... Hope they fix the typo on the R-115SW page though ("seriously" instead of "serious")--all that marketing copy and nobody proofread it?
mpirnat is online now  
post #38830 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM
Senior Member
 
ClawAndTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
Won't lie, I wish my SW112 had that matching copper cone instead of being plain black... Hope they fix the typo on the R-115SW page though ("seriously" instead of "serious")--all that marketing copy and nobody proofread it?
Not bad, I wonder what frequency, distance, and space that max output is rated at?


122 dB at <30hz in open space wouldn't be bad at all, but something tells me that's a 1m 1/8th corner space.
ClawAndTalon is online now  
post #38831 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post

I can see the level of appeal thisstatement has, but if I understand your point correctly, I think it’s flawed. Klipsch is completely different than the PWK days, but so are countless otherspeaker manufacturers. High end audio is a very niche market. ...

...Are you asking what design improvements can (or should be) expected to follow? There’s a laundry list ofadvancements which we should see over the years.
I wasn't talking about other speaker companies and I agree Klipsch is a completely different company than "the PWK days." that was my point...I also wasn't asking about design improvements but stated an observation.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #38832 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
For the record, I wasn't bashing VOXX and agree that the market has changed a lot with the onset of the internet--That said, when Paul Klipsch was in control of the company he was a genius scientist who had the final word and now it's marketers and the need to deliver profits to shareholders--Nothing wrong with that but, imo those are where the changes lie...The last big invention appeared to be the advent of the tractrix compression driver which allowed speakers to have a smaller footprint, but I am not sure where that design mated to a/few LF drivers is going to change. My 2 cents. {Note: I admit I haven't been following the headphone market but that is where it appears a lot of their efforts have gone in the last 5 years.}
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
Zen Traveler likes this.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #38833 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 492
4520

I picked up my second 4520 last Saturday. Thankfully the box was in good condition and after hooking it up and running calibration everything was working perfectly. Phew what a relief! I have watched a few movies and listened to some music. My first impressions comparing it to my 3312 was the panning accuracy in the 4520 is unbelievable. XT32 is awesome. I really didn't know how much of a difference I would hear with the 4520 but I can honestly say its huge! I'm amazed how much different everything sounds. Almost like when I replaced my 5.1 Synergys to the 5.1 Reference series. I feel like I need to go through all my movies again. Its that much better to my surprise. The 4520 is crystal clear at reference volumes unlike my 3312 where it would get slightly distorted when pushing its limits. I'm loving this thing and have NO intent anymore on getting an external amp. This has plenty of go go juice to satisfy all my needs.
ILOVEMYHDTV and retro124 like this.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #38834 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Thanks for posting that--I was going to but instead got too nostalgic remembering the 'old days' when Roy would post on the Klipsch Forum and there used to be heated discussions with he and other knowledgeable members along with a lot of information sharing...He and I got into some interesting discussions that weren't audio related and those were interesting as well...

I guess that is one of the many things that have changed on the Klipsch Forum. I admit I never knew what speakers Amy owned but see the (not so ) new Klipsch Web guy lists Jamo in his signature--I realize that they are also a Klipsch company, but...

Like I said, Klipsch will evidently keep making good speakers at every price point and I am lucky I found the deals I did...Fwiw, the last Klipsch speakers I auditioned with intent to buy if I liked them were the RF-83s/RC-64 but felt they were not as crisp (read; warmer) as the RF-7s/RC-7 and at best the THX line would've been a lateral move.{Note: I thought the RF-83sRC-64 sounded good but the highs didn't seem as clean--in fact, may have been the sound some non-horn owners would've preferred.} YMMV.

{EDIT: Actually, I also went to Indianapolis and auditioned the LaScalas which I was planning on using in a larger room in multichannel configuration but realized it would've been too expensive but an upgrade, which I eventually scrapped when I realized the cost involved, including converting the Garage into a larger Home Theater. :-)}
psgcdn, SanchoPanza and cchunter like this.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Yesterday at 05:10 PM.
Zen Traveler is offline  
post #38835 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
ftt
Newbie
 
ftt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
Thanks for posting that--I was going to but instead got too nostalgic remembering the 'old days' when Roy would post on the Klipsch Forum and there used to be heated discussions with he and other knowledgeable members along with a lot of information sharing...He and I got into some interesting discussions that weren't audio related and those were interesting as well...

I guess that is one of the many things that have changed on the Klipsch Forum. I admit I never knew what speakers Amy owned but see the (not so ) new Klipsch Web guy lists Jamo in his signature--I realize that they are also a Klipsch company, but...

Like I said, Klipsch will evidently keep making good speakers at every price point and I am lucky I found the deals I did...Fwiw, the last Klipsch speakers I auditioned with intent to buy if I liked them were the RF-83s/RC-64 but felt they were not as crisp (read; warmer) as the RF-7s/RC-7 and at best the THX line would've been a lateral move.{Note: I thought the RF-83sRC-64 sounded good but the highs didn't seem as clean--in fact, may have been the sound some non-horn owners would've preferred.} YMMV.

{EDIT: Actually, I also went to Indianapolis and auditioned the LaScalas which I was planning on using in a larger room in multichannel configuration but realized it would've been too expensive but an upgrade, which I eventually scrapped when I realized the cost involved, including converting the Garage into a larger Home Theater. :-)}
Hey all, I currently have the older Klipsch Synergy F-3 floor standing speakers but need to purchase a new center. Through research, it sounds like it is best to not mix brands. Therefore, I am looking at either Klipsch Synergy C-20, or possibly the RC-42 II, RC-52 II, or maybe the RC-62 II if I can find a decent deal. I also need to purchase new rear surround speakers. I'm thinking of buying some in-ceiling speakers. Seem like an okay idea or a terrible one? Then of course..I'm going to buy a subwoofer to go along with them in the $300 price range. Recommendations on that?

Last edited by ftt; Yesterday at 07:36 PM. Reason: Had the wrong Synergy model listed. I meant F-3
ftt is online now  
post #38836 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 984
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
I picked up my second 4520 last Saturday. Thankfully the box was in good condition and after hooking it up and running calibration everything was working perfectly. Phew what a relief! I have watched a few movies and listened to some music. My first impressions comparing it to my 3312 was the panning accuracy in the 4520 is unbelievable. XT32 is awesome. I really didn't know how much of a difference I would hear with the 4520 but I can honestly say its huge! I'm amazed how much different everything sounds. Almost like when I replaced my 5.1 Synergys to the 5.1 Reference series. I feel like I need to go through all my movies again. Its that much better to my surprise. The 4520 is crystal clear at reference volumes unlike my 3312 where it would get slightly distorted when pushing its limits. I'm loving this thing and have NO intent anymore on getting an external amp. This has plenty of go go juice to satisfy all my needs.
Super to head it enjoy your new AVR!!! Yes those new Denon's with XT32 are really wort every $$$. Move all set up to next level Ialao love mine X4000

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #38837 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftt View Post
Hey all, I currently have the older Klipsch Synergy F-2 floor standing speakers but need to purchase a new center. Through research, it sounds like it is best to not mix brands. Therefore, I am looking at either Klipsch Synergy C-20, or possibly the RC-42 II, RC-52 II, or maybe the RC-62 II if I can find a decent deal. I also need to purchase new rear surround speakers. I'm thinking of buying some in-ceiling speakers. Seem like an okay idea or a terrible one? Then of course..I'm going to buy a subwoofer to go along with them in the $300 price range. Recommendations on that?
Wait & see if the old model SWs go on Sale.
SanchoPanza is online now  
post #38838 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
Member
 
dprice18af's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Wait & see if the old model SWs go on Sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftt View Post
Hey all, I currently have the older Klipsch Synergy F-3 floor standing speakers but need to purchase a new center. Through research, it sounds like it is best to not mix brands. Therefore, I am looking at either Klipsch Synergy C-20, or possibly the RC-42 II, RC-52 II, or maybe the RC-62 II if I can find a decent deal. I also need to purchase new rear surround speakers. I'm thinking of buying some in-ceiling speakers. Seem like an okay idea or a terrible one? Then of course..I'm going to buy a subwoofer to go along with them in the $300 price range. Recommendations on that?
I thought the C20 was lacking as a center. I upgraded to the RC52 and thought it blended really well with my F20 towers, after running room correction on my AVR.
dprice18af is offline  
post #38839 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
ftt
Newbie
 
ftt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
I thought the C20 was lacking as a center. I upgraded to the RC52 and thought it blended really well with my F20 towers, after running room correction on my AVR.
This is great info, thanks! Did you by chance compare the RC-52 versus the RC-62? I've heard mixed things about the comparison.
ftt is online now  
post #38840 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftt View Post
Hey all, I currently have the older Klipsch Synergy F-3 floor standing speakers but need to purchase a new center. Through research, it sounds like it is best to not mix brands. Therefore, I am looking at either Klipsch Synergy C-20, or possibly the RC-42 II, RC-52 II, or maybe the RC-62 II if I can find a decent deal. I also need to purchase new rear surround speakers. I'm thinking of buying some in-ceiling speakers. Seem like an okay idea or a terrible one? Then of course..I'm going to buy a subwoofer to go along with them in the $300 price range. Recommendations on that?
I had the C-20 matched with a pair of F-30s and it just did not work well (to my ears) so I upgraded to an RC-62ii which I found married well with the F-30s. Unfortunately upgrading your center is a slippery slope.... Because now I have all Reference II speakers

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1151.4
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
post #38841 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Wow so no more high level klipsch speakers at ID price. So they are almost price locking them. I can't believe they will sell more this way. But I'm sure they know more than I.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
post #38842 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
ftt
Newbie
 
ftt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I had the C-20 matched with a pair of F-30s and it just did not work well (to my ears) so I upgraded to an RC-62ii which I found married well with the F-30s. Unfortunately upgrading your center is a slippery slope.... Because now I have all Reference II speakers
I thought about upgrading my F-3s to F-30s, but the specs are almost identical. Comparing them to the R-28s, there is a bit of an upgrade on paper. But I don't think it's enough to make me want to spend another 900 bucks haha.

As for the center speaker, I'll cross off the C-20s. Is it worth the extra 200 bucks to go up to the 62 over the 52? I'd possibly consider them if it wasn't such a price hike.
ftt is online now  
post #38843 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Marietta GA
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftt View Post
I thought about upgrading my F-3s to F-30s, but the specs are almost identical. Comparing them to the R-28s, there is a bit of an upgrade on paper. But I don't think it's enough to make me want to spend another 900 bucks haha.

As for the center speaker, I'll cross off the C-20s. Is it worth the extra 200 bucks to go up to the 62 over the 52? I'd possibly consider them if it wasn't such a price hike.
To me hearing those 2 centers, the price hike to for the 62 ii is well worth it.

Pioneer Elite VSX-70
KG 5.5's
RC-25
RS-35's
BIC F-12's
evan1242 is online now  
post #38844 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftt View Post
I thought about upgrading my F-3s to F-30s, but the specs are almost identical. Comparing them to the R-28s, there is a bit of an upgrade on paper. But I don't think it's enough to make me want to spend another 900 bucks haha.

As for the center speaker, I'll cross off the C-20s. Is it worth the extra 200 bucks to go up to the 62 over the 52? I'd possibly consider them if it wasn't such a price hike.
Highly recommend the 62II over the 52II

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #38845 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sikclown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,102
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftt View Post
I thought about upgrading my F-3s to F-30s, but the specs are almost identical. Comparing them to the R-28s, there is a bit of an upgrade on paper. But I don't think it's enough to make me want to spend another 900 bucks haha.

As for the center speaker, I'll cross off the C-20s. Is it worth the extra 200 bucks to go up to the 62 over the 52? I'd possibly consider them if it wasn't such a price hike.
Yeah I wouldn't think swapping a pair of F-30s for your F-3s would really just be a lateral move. At that point I would just save your money for the center. I was looking at the RC-52ii vs the 62ii and found an open box 62ii on eBay from an authorized dealer for just a little more than the 52ii so it was a no brainer.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1151.4
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
sikclown is offline  
post #38846 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM
Member
 
dprice18af's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Wait & see if the old model SWs go on Sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftt View Post
This is great info, thanks! Did you by chance compare the RC-52 versus the RC-62? I've heard mixed things about the comparison.
I did side by side compare a RC52ii and a RC62ii. There was a difference, but not that big. For me, the price difference was not worth the small gain that I felt the RC62ii provided. Where I notice the difference was in the mids. The 62 had a more full sound, but not by a long shot. If I were you, I would go and demo both. You may find the gains from the 62 are worth the extra money.
dprice18af is offline  
post #38847 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
Wow so no more high level klipsch speakers at ID price. So they are almost price locking them. I can't believe they will sell more this way. But I'm sure they know more than I.
No one said that Sound Distributors or Acoustic Sound Design was discontinuing Klipsch sales. Don't panic just yet. Besides, Klipsch always had a MAP policy on Internet sales -- you always had to call to get the best pricing.

Reference I sales seem to be Best Buy-exclusive at this point so I doubt Klipsch is going to completely kill off internet sales for their other lines. I still get the impression that AVS didn't move much Klipsch product whereas SD and ASD move tons. That's got to be part of the reason Klipsch parted ways with AVS IMHO.

If you look at Klipsch's authorized online dealer page, you'll see that AVS is no longer listed whereas SD and ASD (and others) still are.

Last edited by Schwa; Yesterday at 10:52 PM.
Schwa is offline  
post #38848 of 38849 Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftt View Post
I thought about upgrading my F-3s to F-30s, but the specs are almost identical. Comparing them to the R-28s, there is a bit of an upgrade on paper. But I don't think it's enough to make me want to spend another 900 bucks haha.

As for the center speaker, I'll cross off the C-20s. Is it worth the extra 200 bucks to go up to the 62 over the 52? I'd possibly consider them if it wasn't such a price hike.
See if you can find a Synergy C-3 on eBay, on Craigslist, on the Klipsch forum's classifieds, or elsewhere.
Schwa is offline  
post #38849 of 38849 Old Today, 12:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
No one said that Sound Distributors or Acoustic Sound Design was discontinuing Klipsch sales. Don't panic just yet. Besides, Klipsch always had a MAP policy on Internet sales -- you always had to call to get the best pricing.

Reference I sales seem to be Best Buy-exclusive at this point so I doubt Klipsch is going to completely kill off internet sales for their other lines. I still get the impression that AVS didn't move much Klipsch product whereas SD and ASD move tons. That's got to be part of the reason Klipsch parted ways with AVS IMHO.

If you look at Klipsch's authorized online dealer page, you'll see that AVS is no longer listed whereas SD and ASD (and others) still are.
Well I hope your right.

I would think these dealers would want ID sales gone or they can't compete. The way to fix that would be a price lock or remove the online dealers. Im with you in that I can't see them walking from online sales but I don't see how dropping just avs would would make any of those dealers happy. Something fishy in this.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off