Klipsch owner thread - Page 1296 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #38851 of 38855 Old Today, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 325
I find it highly unlikely that Klipsch will stop selling their upper end Reference online--In fact, it seems more people purchased their RF-7II HT( as well as the lower end models) this way and it appears to be the *new* dynamic...That said, I've always thought having a place to audition them and those places being able to price-match online dealers would be the way to go, but it seems that model gets undercut by gray market dealers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #38852 of 38855 Old Today, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I find it highly unlikely that Klipsch will stop selling their upper end Reference online--In fact, it seems more people purchased their RF-7II HT( as well as the lower end models) this way and it appears to be the *new* dynamic...That said, I've always thought having a place to audition them and those places being able to price-match online dealers would be the way to go, but it seems that model gets undercut by gray market dealers.
Unless they think that they will do better being sold through dealer direct. They can't get into dealer direct because ID constantly 'chases zero' and squeezes the margin out of the price. Dealers won't carry them without better price structure. If there's no internet option, or it's limited, then Klipsch can have better price control, and then they'll have better margins. When this happens they will have more independent dealers.
post #38853 of 38855 Old Today, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
Unless they think that they will do better being sold through dealer direct. They can't get into dealer direct because ID constantly 'chases zero' and squeezes the margin out of the price. Dealers won't carry them without better price structure. If there's no internet option, or it's limited, then Klipsch can have better price control, and then they'll have better margins. When this happens they will have more independent dealers.
I get that, but feel they won't sell as many speakers and at that upper price-point there is a lot of competition. That said, Klipsch has had this situation before and if they go the brick and mortar route we won't be reading about satisfied customers here at AVS for those models...I bet if we took a poll of those purchasing speakers in the last 5 to 10 years we would find the vast majority did so online.

{EDIT: What you are calling "dealer direct" has been historically undercut by those same individuals selling online in what I called "the gray market." After all, it only takes a few...}

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Today at 08:55 AM.
post #38854 of 38855 Old Today, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Klipsch would be better off becoming ID. They would have to cut the price back on their reference II series (from their advertised price) or create a new model that was mid / upper tier. I think they would do well with that. SVS did so with subs and look where they are now. They could offer the low end model at best buy and their mid and upper tier items direct from Klipsch only.
Louis Bartay likes this.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
post #38855 of 38855 Old Today, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Klipsch would be better off becoming ID. They would have to cut the price back on their reference II series (from their advertised price) or create a new model that was mid / upper tier. I think they would do well with that. SVS did so with subs and look where they are now. They could offer the low end model at best buy and their mid and upper tier items direct from Klipsch only.
Well if Klipsch will do as SVS that will work, take probably long time and it will upset many of us who knows now Klipsch MSRP is a joke and nobody paying full price. Question will be if they will sell it for MSRP prices or if they will lower price. I don't thing they will be able to lower price if lowers model are for sale in Best Buy for MSRP. So if big changes like this will come all what I can say is: I'm do glad I got all speakers I need before it!!!

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3

Last edited by retro124; Today at 04:05 PM.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page