Klipsch owner thread - Page 1301 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #39001 of 39013 Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good Evening All:

Long time viewer of these forums; however, now I'm at a point where I can post on here to get some questions. My wife and I are building a home, which I've pre-wired the bonus room (theatre room).

I'd like some advice on a Klipsch setup for a 5.1. I want to use in-ceilings for the rear's (3800's maybe). I'll be using a Sony receiver (not sure which yet, have to wait and see with employee accommodation), RF-62 or RF-52, and then the center/sub to match.

My questions:
-what's the biggest difference between the 62/52? The room is 17x16. I plan on doing Control 4 up there, has no effect on this topic though.
-is it worth a la carte the setup (getting a nicer center for better dialogue)
-thoughts on speaker cable? worth it to bi-amp? Brand of the cable for this setup.

Main viewing will be normal TV viewing/movies/and football on Sat/Sun.

Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39002 of 39013 Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Thanks you are working on it so you will have it soon and big plus in your case is screen it is a nice size!!!
This is my first screen and projector. But I think I may have overdone it a bit. I thought the bigger the better. I should have went a bit smaller

PT-AE8000 | 136" fixed frame | Audio no clue yet
post #39003 of 39013 Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 8
You guys have some nice systems! Six months ago I was going to get a sound bar with a sub, after hearing my cousins system I wanted towers. I know a lot of you guys on here have the higher end Klipsch speakers. I originally wanted the F-30's but ended up getting the better R-28F's at a steal ($500 for the pair). I'm very happy with them, I can afford the RF-82II's but I'm new to this and most of my funds are going elsewhere. I will be running a 3.1 set up for a while. I was going back and forth for a while about the center (RC-52II/RC-62II), but I think I'm going with the 52's and will be running everything on a Denon X4000 which I will be picking up this weekend. As far as the subs I'm thinking either SVS or JL Audio's. I might get the 82's later down the road, but it won't be anytime soon. Based on what I have are there any tweaks or recommendations you guys have for me???
post #39004 of 39013 Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Fletcher View Post
Good Evening All:

Long time viewer of these forums; however, now I'm at a point where I can post on here to get some questions. My wife and I are building a home, which I've pre-wired the bonus room (theatre room).

I'd like some advice on a Klipsch setup for a 5.1. I want to use in-ceilings for the rear's (3800's maybe). I'll be using a Sony receiver (not sure which yet, have to wait and see with employee accommodation), RF-62 or RF-52, and then the center/sub to match.

My questions:
-what's the biggest difference between the 62/52? The room is 17x16. I plan on doing Control 4 up there, has no effect on this topic though.
-is it worth a la carte the setup (getting a nicer center for better dialogue)
-thoughts on speaker cable? worth it to bi-amp? Brand of the cable for this setup.

Main viewing will be normal TV viewing/movies/and football on Sat/Sun.

Thanks for your input.
Hello, your room is a nice size. Get the best speakers you can. There is definitelly different in low and mid range between 52 and 62 and also 82. So RF-62 or even RF-82 will work great. Center is important for dialog as you know so also get RC-62II it is only one step down from RC-64 and it is amazing center. Don't speand crazy $$$ is cables it is not wort it. I know brand like http://www.monoprice.com they do nice inexpensive cables with great reviews. I don't think bi-amp those towers will make any different but some people maybe disagree. It is all about budget in room like yours people have RF-7's and RC-64

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #39005 of 39013 Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeppeP View Post
This is my first screen and projector. But I think I may have overdone it a bit. I thought the bigger the better. I should have went a bit smaller
What is distance between screen and your MLP?

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #39006 of 39013 Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
What is distance between screen and your MLP?
5 meters or in feet it is 16 feets away from the screen.

post #39007 of 39013 Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrkLord View Post
You guys have some nice systems! Six months ago I was going to get a sound bar with a sub, after hearing my cousins system I wanted towers. I know a lot of you guys on here have the higher end Klipsch speakers. I originally wanted the F-30's but ended up getting the better R-28F's at a steal ($500 for the pair). I'm very happy with them, I can afford the RF-82II's but I'm new to this and most of my funds are going elsewhere. I will be running a 3.1 set up for a while. I was going back and forth for a while about the center (RC-52II/RC-62II), but I think I'm going with the 52's and will be running everything on a Denon X4000 which I will be picking up this weekend. As far as the subs I'm thinking either SVS or JL Audio's. I might get the 82's later down the road, but it won't be anytime soon. Based on what I have are there any tweaks or recommendations you guys have for me???
Towers will work great I had F-3 and they was very nice. So no reason to feel bad to go with R-28F's they will make you happy for sure. Center is really important in HT set up for me more then towers so get the best you can. Denon X4000 is super AVR and Audyssey XT32 will set up all to play just perfect then you can just little add or low to your likes if you need it. I never had to chance to hear JL Audio sub but SVS I can telll you you will love it. Remember what ever you do all is much much better then sound bar so congrats and post some picture when your set up is completed.
TheDrkLord likes this.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #39008 of 39013 Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
i would not go for a RF62II and RC-64II combo , the RC64II will take over the whole sound field. if ur main goal is movies then the 62II/62II combo works good in combination with a nice svs sub. if you want to enjoy great music it is probably better to have the 82II/64II . mind that the rc64 is almost as big as the rf62II and the 64 is louder then both rf62II together at the same soundlevel.
edit: below the rc64II and above the rf62II , rc64II, rc62II and a little jamo center
As I see it I have the choice between these 2 setups:

I did change the avr from previous.

Setup 1:

YamahaRX-A3040
Klipsch RF-62 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB2000

Setup 2:

Yamaha RX-A3040
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RS-52 II

I will use it for movies only...

Last edited by JeppeP; Yesterday at 11:07 PM.
post #39009 of 39013 Old Today, 03:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 692
Quote:
Setup 1:
YamahaRX-A3040
Klipsch RF-62 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB2000
Setup 2:
Yamaha RX-A3040
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
you change the nice pioneer for a a3040 ? why the decision to do that ? (you know you gonna want more speakers then, you know that right ? ) if you have like me this undeniable urge to allways want better and bigger then i seriously consider setup 2 and save urselfs from allways have to think that you could have got those and spend additional cash later. the 82II have a bit fuller high lows (100-300hz) then the 62II and the 64II sound clearer in dialog and wider soundfield from the center. the option to have rf82II+rc62II will work too and save you some cash, allthough with the sceen size u have a 64II will be ur best option. i was wanting to get the rf-7II but i still don't have an excuse to spend the cash on them as these 82II don't dissapoint me at all. perhaps my opinion changes over the years, but not for a while.
JeppeP likes this.

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040 AVR, YST-SW800/YST-SW1500 Subwoofers 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz
Audioquest 1.6mm pro wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV / Sony Playstation 3
post #39010 of 39013 Old Today, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
you change the nice pioneer for a a3040 ? why the decision to do that ? (you know you gonna want more speakers then, you know that right ? ) if you have like me this undeniable urge to allways want better and bigger then i seriously consider setup 2 and save urselfs from allways have to think that you could have got those and spend additional cash later. the 82II have a bit fuller high lows (100-300hz) then the 62II and the 64II sound clearer in dialog and wider soundfield from the center. the option to have rf82II+rc62II will work too and save you some cash, allthough with the sceen size u have a 64II will be ur best option. i was wanting to get the rf-7II but i still don't have an excuse to spend the cash on them as these 82II don't dissapoint me at all. perhaps my opinion changes over the years, but not for a while.
I know allready I want more speakers, I want Dolby Atmos and end up with a 7.2.4 system. But I dont know if it would be wiser to go with option 2 and downgrade the avr for a cheap one. And then buy a new one late next year when there will be new models again. I probably cant afford to make the whole system finished before summer time next year anyway.

post #39011 of 39013 Old Today, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
You can read the Dolby Atmos white paper for more info, but for a 7.2.4 Atmos set-up, in-ceiling speakers are much preferable to on-wall height speakers for the x.x.4 speakers. Due to room and receiver configuration limitations, I'll be using two front wall-mounted height speakers (RB-81II's) and two in-ceiling speakers (CDT-5800-C II's) directly above the main listening position when I go Atmos...but the optimal configuration, if your room allows for it, is for four in-ceiling speakers. NOT heights.
mixing front heights and ceilingspeakers is a bad idea... the avr cannot compensate for both and there will be a delay in the sound comming from either the ceilingspeaker or the height speaker depending on what you have setup in the avr. have either the heights option or the ceilingmounted option.

post #39012 of 39013 Old Today, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I know allready I want more speakers, I want Dolby Atmos and end up with a 7.2.4 system. But I dont know if it would be wiser to go with option 2 and downgrade the avr for a cheap one. And then buy a new one late next year when there will be new models again. I probably cant afford to make the whole system finished before summer time next year anyway.
yup that's what i figured you wanted the yammie does heights or ceilingspeakers, so dolby speakers that are pointed upwards or dolby enabled speakers are not going to do good here. for that you have to wait for a new avr next year. atmos is only on newer movie titles, but there is a option for dolby surround that upmixes those. so it basicly is down to what u decide to do with the height speakers. i'd consider what the end plan is going to be. will you be having ceiling speakers or dolby atmos settop speakers or heights ? do you want all the same speakers for ur 7.1 or do you go with surrounds and bookshelfs ? will you be having 2 subs or 1 ? i seriously suggest that you work out a plan for the complete configuration for the end result you want and built it up slowly, starting with the front stage or 5.1, then the sub and later on the height speaker/dolby speakers/ceilingspeaker. you could also use in-wall speakers on the ceiling or use some cheap fullrange carspeakers. since the idea is that the atmos surround sound is reflected to the ceiling and bounces downward, like schwa says the ceilingmounted speakers are the best option here.

post #39013 of 39013 Old Today, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Quote:

Setup 1:

YamahaRX-A3040
Klipsch RF-62 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
SVS PB2000

Setup 2:

Yamaha RX-A3040
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RS-52 II

That is a very tough choice to make! As much as I like the second choice I'm not sure I could live without a sub. I say pick the second choice and beg, borrow and steal to buy a sub. Remember the center speaker and subwoofer are the two MOST IMPORTANT speakers when it comes to having an immersive experience when watching movies. Good luck!!
DaJoJo likes this.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page