AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
http://www.powersoundaudio.com/

It looks like Power Sound Audio is doing speakers now. Horns with 10" woofers... Looks promising

-Everything is ID, and priced reasonably for what you get.
-The oversized bookshelf/monitor size seems intriguing.
-I find the all sealed cabinet design very intriguing.
-His speakers are meant to be used with subs. The speakers seems to be designed with focus on the range up to where the sub kicks in at 80hz.
-Very Spartan appearance, and kinda bland- but that doesn't bother some as much as others. For that reason, they would be perfect for a seamless 'where are the speakers?' HT build.
-Since they have horns, they'd be a 'closer' match for folks with older Heritage gear, which would give you some more options.
-As an owner of a PSA XS15se, I can't speak more highly of Tom Vodhanel; owner of PSA. The guy answers the phone when you call their number, and will answer any questions 7 days a week.

Any other thoughts?
The horn is pretty small for a two 10" cab. But I bet they still sound great.

Imo this is what svs should have done for the ultra speakers. Horns are showing up in a ton of brands now.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39122 of 39133 Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:

It looks like Power Sound Audio is doing speakers now. Horns with 10" woofers... Looks promising

-His speakers are meant to be used with subs. The speakers seems to be designed with focus on the range up to where the sub kicks in at 80hz.
-Very Spartan appearance, and kinda bland- but that doesn't bother some as much as others. For that reason, they would be perfect for a seamless 'where are the speakers?' HT build.
-Since they have horns, they'd be a 'closer' match for folks with older Heritage gear, which would give you some more options.
-As an owner of a PSA XS15se, I can't speak more highly of Tom Vodhanel; owner of PSA. The guy answers the phone when you call their number, and will answer any questions 7 days a week.

Any other thoughts?
Doesn't seem they are much different from the nearly half the price Chane Theater 10 speakers. Nothing new here at all with PSA.

Now, take RA's new speaker line. Much more theater like with higher end components for about the same price.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #39123 of 39133 Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:

Any other thoughts?
Sorry but I do not care for their appearance as is the same as their subs. The horns look very small? If I'm spending a grand or more for speakers I want them to have a little character. I'm sure they sound great.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #39124 of 39133 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I thought about those exact speakers but decided to take on the project of getting the larger RS-52IIs mounted since my ceiling is so high and I wanted the speakers to match.
Attachment 289209
Attachment 289217
Attachment 289225
really you could make a profession of it . looks pretty decent. i need something like that, but im afraid it going to be difficult with this concrete bar in the middle of the ceiling here. my setup is just about on the wrong spot for the right place for these ceilingspeakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Ya know what DaJoJo, I was thinking about those AW-650's a lot last night and I think I'm actually going to use those instead of the in-ceilings I had originally planned.
For one, the AW-650's are dead-simple to mount. They're only 9 pounds each so you can hang them from drywall using toggle bolts with no issues. To install the in-ceilings, I was going to remove a pair of recessed lights and replace the lights (and enlarge the holes) for the in-ceilings. There's no turning back once those big holes are cut! And, I can run the speaker wire that's already in my ceiling right through the AW-650's bracket so I don't even need to install any wall plates.
Second, the AW-650's can be very easily aimed if needed.
Third, I have a soffit that hangs down about a foot right behind where my in-ceilings needed to go. I think that soffit could do some weird things to the sound, but the AW-650's will hang from the ceiling just enough to get past the soffit and render that potential sound interference issue moot.
Fourth, the AW-650's are listed as having a 90 degree x 90 degree coverage pattern which is perfect for Atmos. I don't know what the in-ceilings are rated as, but it's likely more "beamy" than the AW-650's, especially considering my soffit issue.
Fifth, the AW-650's have their own enclosures, so there no potential for rattle. Sixth, the AW-650's are available in black, so I don't have to paint anything.
And finally, the AW-650's are considerably cheaper than the in-ceilings I was planning to use!
yeah they are a perfect candidate indeed. but i doubt on the wattage and spl they give. will it be suffice to reach the right spl level. the beamy nature of in-ceiling speakers isnt all that good for atmos, but my yammie amp has some sort of compensation for this, being as it is, the sound from atmos is positional so you would want to make sure the soundbeams won't overlap eachother in the width. for the denon these soundbeams should cross above the head, for my yammie they need to be downwards or on the wall going to the other wall. it'll make a huge difference if they're not in the right positions and angle. the thing also with wide-radiating speakers is that you get more bouncing of sound to the walls compared to direct radiating speakers. all in all the main thing is that they need to have titanium tweeters and are able to reach the right spl at mlp. im still doubting and need to do a lot of measurements and find out what is the best way to do it. my choices are narrowed to rb81II, aw-650 or rs-62II in the meanwhile. i'm not in a rush and i want to do it as right as possible, taking into account that i have this stupid concrete bar hanging in the way.
edit: pic to show what my problem is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141002_025755.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	290345  

Klipsch fronts 2xRF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz
center RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz
sides 2xRS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz
rears 2xRB-81-II 150W 44Hz-24KHz
Yamaha RX-A3040 AVR, YST-SW800/YST-SW1500 Subwoofers 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz
Audioquest 1.6mm pro wire / Samsung UE-ES8000S TV / Sony Playstation 3

Last edited by DaJoJo; Yesterday at 06:00 PM. Reason: added pic
post #39125 of 39133 Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
help choosing speakers

Hi everyone,

I have a 17' x 16' with 8' ceilings dedicated theater. I have rf7 II, rc64 II, and rs62 II.
I listen to movies at -15.. I'm going to put 4 cealing speakers up for atmos. Will rb-61 II work or do I need the rb-81 II? Or something else. Thanks for your help

Epson 5030ub
Carada 110" brilliant white criterion screen
Yamaha Aventage rx-a2030
Emotiva xpa-5
Panasonic dmp-230
Klipsch RF-7 ii
Klipsch RC-64 ii
Klipsch RS-62 ii
Klipsch RB-61 ii (Rears)
Duel Rythmik FV15HP
post #39126 of 39133 Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigging View Post
Hi everyone,
I have a 17' x 16' with 8' ceilings dedicated theater. I have rf7 II, rc64 II, and rs62 II.
I listen to movies at -15.. I'm going to put 4 cealing speakers up for atmos. Will rb-61 II work or do I need the rb-81 II? Or something else. Thanks for your help
the 61 dont have holes in it, so it gonna be hard to mount them. rb81II has 2 holes on the bottom.. also difficult to hang upsidedown. rb51II might work or rs62II or these aw-650
still trying to figure out if the spl and timbre will be ok for those so i cant tell if it will sound right yet. im still looking for the best option here. as you have a yammie, best way is having them close to the corners and facing downwards and tell yammie ur using in-ceiling speakers. that is .. if u gonna buy a new yammie :-D coz the 2030 doesnt have atmos

Last edited by DaJoJo; Yesterday at 05:47 PM.
post #39127 of 39133 Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
for the denon these soundbeams should cross above the head, for my yammie they need to be downwards or on the wall going to the other wall. it'll make a huge difference if they're not in the right positions and angle.
I'm not sure where you got the idea that "for the denon these sound beams should cross above the head." Again, I'll point to the Dolby Atmos Home Theater Installation Guidelines:

Since Klipsch says the AW-650 has 90 degree x 90 degree coverage, the speakers fit perfectly in line with Dolby's recommendation to point them directly downward (although I'll probably still aim them slightly toward the MLP). However, I will not toe them in so much that their projected sound crosses overhead; that goes completely counter to Dolby's recommendations.
post #39128 of 39133 Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I can speak directly to the RB51ii's. The back threads are standard 1/4 inch 20 thread, meaning almost any threaded bolt purchased at home depot can cover it. In the case of the RB51ii you can purchase a steel plate, two bolts and two nuts. You mount the plate onto the speaker first, put your speaker wires into your speaker, and then (after taking copious amounts of measurements) mount your speaker using the keyhole to stabilize the front end but the screws going into the ceiling from the steel plate go into studs. I could literally do pull ups off my speaker. It will never come down. The good news, also, is that if you desire more spacing between the rear ports and the ceiling wall (I leave only 1 inch) you can simply buy a longer bolt and give it the space you need. More detailed pics provided below:

Bear in mind, also, that I JUST completed this setup. Stage 2 is a form of molding, woodworking that will hide the steel plates and speaker wire. That, naturally, will probably only come after my wife complains . Note also that the steel plate I use to mount is over a 1/4 thick by itself. It's used in making door jams and is more than enough metal to secure your speaker. It's not just a flimsy piece of metal.

DaJoJo likes this.
post #39129 of 39133 Old Today, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks guys,will the rb51 II keep up with the rf7 II and the rest of my setup? This is my first setup so I'm still learning all this.

Epson 5030ub
Carada 110" brilliant white criterion screen
Yamaha Aventage rx-a2030
Emotiva xpa-5
Panasonic dmp-230
Klipsch RF-7 ii
Klipsch RC-64 ii
Klipsch RS-62 ii
Klipsch RB-61 ii (Rears)
Duel Rythmik FV15HP
post #39130 of 39133 Old Today, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
I'm not sure where you got the idea that "for the denon these sound beams should cross above the head." Again, I'll point to the Dolby Atmos Home Theater Installation Guidelines:
Since Klipsch says the AW-650 has 90 degree x 90 degree coverage, the speakers fit perfectly in line with Dolby's recommendation to point them directly downward (although I'll probably still aim them slightly toward the MLP). However, I will not toe them in so much that their projected sound crosses overhead; that goes completely counter to Dolby's recommendations.
yes i know but ur denon manual says it should be mounted like that so i would go with that and not the dolby common guideline.
you know all in all the common factor in dolby guidelines says that it should not be pointed directly to mlp. it says angle toward, which i read as not straight at.
my guess is since they are forgiving when it comes to speaker placement it won't be much of a problem alltogether as long as the sound goes in the direction of mlp ?

Last edited by DaJoJo; Today at 05:10 AM.
post #39131 of 39133 Old Today, 04:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krozman View Post
I can speak directly to the RB51ii's. The back threads are standard 1/4 inch 20 thread, meaning almost any threaded bolt purchased at home depot can cover it. In the case of the RB51ii you can purchase a steel plate, two bolts and two nuts. You mount the plate onto the speaker first, put your speaker wires into your speaker, and then (after taking copious amounts of measurements) mount your speaker using the keyhole to stabilize the front end but the screws going into the ceiling from the steel plate go into studs. I could literally do pull ups off my speaker. It will never come down. The good news, also, is that if you desire more spacing between the rear ports and the ceiling wall (I leave only 1 inch) you can simply buy a longer bolt and give it the space you need. More detailed pics provided below:
Bear in mind, also, that I JUST completed this setup. Stage 2 is a form of molding, woodworking that will hide the steel plates and speaker wire. That, naturally, will probably only come after my wife complains . Note also that the steel plate I use to mount is over a 1/4 thick by itself. It's used in making door jams and is more than enough metal to secure your speaker. It's not just a flimsy piece of metal.
thats just plain briljant bro that'll work for me too. now it's just a matter of figuring out if the 51's are up for the job. i could also fold 1 longer piece of iron around the rb81II. or just 2 shelfholder mount. screw and plug 5x50 mm will hold 40kg each so 2 should do the trick.
these http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded...vZc89kZ1z0tuqv
or these nice wood paintable ones http://www.homedepot.com/p/Foster-De...-408/202287680

Last edited by DaJoJo; Today at 05:04 AM.
post #39132 of 39133 Old Today, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Hey guys I got lucky. I called in a geek squad repair for my sony 70" and they said the serial # is defective and I get to pick out a "like" TV. So I'm in the market for a new TV, paid mostly by, my existing TV.

If you were in the market for a 60 - 70" 3D, what would you be leaning toward? Would love some recommendations. I'm gonna take some time and consider different models. Most likely want a samsung or LG.

Owned LG 3D Passive 65": LG did very well by me when it developed an unrepairable issue in less than a year; they gave me my money back.

I bought a 60" Panasonic Active 3D Plasma: Pic is better on the Panasonic, but, the 3D is about the same. Btw, Panasonic bought back an older HDTV after over 4 years (it had a 5 year Warranty, though).

Knowing Plasma is not an option, if it were me, I'd still consider Panasonic, along with your other choices.

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
post #39133 of 39133 Old Today, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
I nearly bought these which might work better than the ceiling mounts.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Sate.../ref=pd_cp_e_0

Edit: On second thought the ceiling mounts I am using should work pretty well.
I guess if I used those I would have to use the keyhole mount. I don't fancy the idea of having those relatively large speakers held up by one tiny screw. Unless the width of the bottom fits the two mounts?

I bought a similar looking pair from monoprice and the size was off so it didn't fit.

- Klipsch RF-82 ii, RC-62 ii, RS-52 ii
- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page