post #39631 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
yesterday i discovered that i have a dead tweeter on one my klf-30 s ,was acting up after i painted the cabinet and put all the woofers and mids and tweeter .i tested it a few times and have to get one so my question is i know i am gonna have to get a poly one
and not wanting to get a titanium cauz i don't want to change all of them i saw a few on amazon but they look black and mine is silver colored any thoughts ?will phone klipsch to check prices from them directly for the k-79 k for the time being i pulled one out of one of the klf -20 s and replaced it until i get the new one ......
thank god i have other speakers like wides to do that cauz it is really noticeable
is this the right one ?eventho it's black?mine looks silver when i look at it through the hole

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-K-71...item461c3b0e5e
i actually took it apart and it is a dark color like the picture above in the link so i think i will order 1 possibly 2 just in case

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
surrounds klipsch klf-30 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39632 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
yesterday i discovered that i have a dead tweeter on one my klf-30 s ,was acting up after i painted the cabinet and put all the woofers and mids and tweeter .i tested it a few times and have to get one so my question is i know i am gonna have to get a poly one
and not wanting to get a titanium cauz i don't want to change all of them i saw a few on amazon but they look black and mine is silver colored any thoughts ?will phone klipsch to check prices from them directly for the k-79 k for the time being i pulled one out of one of the klf -20 s and replaced it until i get the new one ......
thank god i have other speakers like wides to do that cauz it is really noticeable
is this the right one ?eventho it's black?mine looks silver when i look at it through the hole

My poly in my C7 tweeter that has the same diaphragm that your tweeters in the KLF20/30 have looks just like the one in the Ebay add. Remove the the diaphragm from the bad KLF-30 tweeter and look at it. You may be looking at a silver screen/diffuser in front of the diaphragm. Did you purchase the KLF-30 new????

EDIT you posted when I was trying.
malmstump likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
post #39633 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Surround Speakers with Atmos

So I am slowly migrating my system to Atmos. Problem is I have my surrounds mounted high, so I need to bring them down to ear level. SO I am thinking if using some RF-62 as rear surrounds in my 5.2.4 layout. I have RF-82 up front. Has anyone used the RF-62 as a surround speaker?

I don't like speakers on stands so figured a tower would be the best in terms of stability and looks.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Will be using the RS-42 for the ceiling atmos speakers.

Mike
post #39634 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
My poly in my C7 tweeter that has the same diaphragm that your tweeters in the KLF20/30 have looks just like the one in the Ebay add. Remove the the diaphragm from the bad KLF-30 tweeter and look at it. You may be looking at a silver screen/diffuser in front of the diaphragm. Did you purchase the KLF-30 new????

EDIT you posted when I was trying.

hi louis ,no they weren't new built in 98 .i had to take it apart to see but yeah it is brown and i phoned klipsch and they don't have those anymore but the ebay seller from canada has them nos so perfetly great new old stock ,now the question buy one or two ?

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
post #39635 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK78 View Post
So I am slowly migrating my system to Atmos. Problem is I have my surrounds mounted high, so I need to bring them down to ear level. SO I am thinking if using some RF-62 as rear surrounds in my 5.2.4 layout. I have RF-82 up front. Has anyone used the RF-62 as a surround speaker?

I don't like speakers on stands so figured a tower would be the best in terms of stability and looks.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Will be using the RS-42 for the ceiling atmos speakers.

Mike
When I bought R-82II and before I sold F-3's I use them for surrounds and they sounds amazing, if I will have a room for them I will keep towers for surrounds. So I'm sure RF-62 or even RF-82 will be great there. Many guys here if they have a room for them or extra $$$ will keep towers for surrounds. One guy here few pages back have RF-7II in front and as surrounds also.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #39636 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
hi louis ,no they weren't new built in 98 .i had to take it apart to see but yeah it is brown and i phoned klipsch and they don't have those anymore but the ebay seller from canada has them nos so perfetly great new old stock ,now the question buy one or two ?
I have always replaced mine in "pairs" YMMV go for the pair at $20.00 each and replace the bad one and demo them. If you don't notice a difference you have a spare. Now..........."Why" did that "One" tweeter diaphragm "Fail" ?? Have you clipped that speaker (for what ever reason)or just how loud is Your Loud????? If you have a volt/ohm meter check your networks (and your drivers) and call Bob Crites for the correct readings. It might be time to re-cap your X/O's. IMHO every twenty five years or so if they are played weekly recap or just replace the networks. It's about time for my 1989 Heresy II for a re-cap but they still sound Great. But I don't crank them as loud in the bedroom system so maybe that has saved me a HII tweeter diaphragm. 5 years ago I purchased new Type B networks in my 79 Cornwalls from Bob Crites and sold my original oil can Type B to help pay for the Crites. I did the same when I changed out my K-77 Alinco tweeters to Crites CT-125 and those made more of a improvement then new networks. I play them Loud in my small den (fronts for HT and analog stereo) and so far I have hurt any of my Cornwall drivers. So my new networks are working correctly and I have not gotten "STUPID" with the volume control with my MOSFET amps.

post #39637 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have always replaced mine in "pairs" YMMV go for the pair at $20.00 each and replace the bad one and demo them. If you don't notice a difference you have a spare. Now..........."Why" did that "One" tweeter diaphragm "Fail" ?? Have you clipped that speaker (for what ever reason)or just how loud is Your Loud????? If you have a volt/ohm meter check your networks (and your drivers) and call Bob Crites for the correct readings. It might be time to re-cap your X/O's. IMHO every twenty five years or so if they are played weekly recap or just replace the networks. It's about time for my 1989 Heresy II for a re-cap but they still sound Great. But I don't crank them as loud in the bedroom system so maybe that has saved me a HII tweeter diaphragm. 5 years ago I purchased new Type B networks in my 79 Cornwalls from Bob Crites and sold my original oil can Type B to help pay for the Crites. I did the same when I changed out my K-77 Alinco tweeters to Crites CT-125 and those made more of a improvement then new networks. I play them Loud in my small den (fronts for HT and analog stereo) and so far I have hurt any of my Cornwall drivers. So my new networks are working correctly and I have not gotten "STUPID" with the volume control with my MOSFET amps.
no i didn't play 'em loud i was playing my ps3 and noticed the highs were off so i checked and i guess it was it s time to go ,i might replace both

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
post #39638 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK78 View Post
Will be using the RS-42 for the ceiling atmos speakers.

Mike
From what I've read on Atmos the dual driver array of the RS series in not the right setup.

It's all about audio "object" placement and speakers like the RS that work well for surround (as it creates a large sound field) would defuse the pointed nature of Atmos affects.

Maybe I'm wrong and if you use them I would be interested in how they work out.
psgcdn likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #39639 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
From what I've read on Atmos the dual driver array of the RS series in not the right setup.

It's all about audio "object" placement and speakers like the RS that work well for surround (as it creates a large sound field) would defuse the pointed nature of Atmos affects.

Couple of weeks ago one guy here on this forum or Atmos one add 4x RS-52II for Atmos and he love it. I know they are probably not right choice but for some people works those just fine.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #39640 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
no i didn't play 'em loud i was playing my ps3 and noticed the highs were off so i checked and i guess it was it s time to go ,i might replace both
I use a PS3 Slim 500 for Blurays, music etc and for sure Call Of Duty Black Ops II game. It has Great audio sound track as my rears get a work out on this game.My oldest Grand Son and I play it. Big Fun with the camera and motion controllers on other war games.... I hope you are right as sometimes the diaphragms fail with good working X/O's and sometimes there is a reason. Hey it's only $20.00 bucks........... .plug and play and see if it happens again.
malmstump likes this.

post #39641 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

I am using 4 - RS-52IIs for my Top Fronts and Top Rears and the actually work well. From their description "Exclusive Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST) enables surrounds to reproduce localized and ambient sounds with unlimited placement flexibility.". Ideally speakers with a smaller dispersion would probably work better but I wanted timbre match and don't like the look of bookshelf speakers ceiling mounted. In-ceiling also weren't options and I needed speakers that would work well from over 10 feet away (ceilings are nearly 15 feet high). Also I find my setup completely immersive; Your mileage can and will vary.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1162.2
Denon AVR-X5200W, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200, PS4, Xbox One
(2) Klipsch RF-82IIs, (2)RS-62IIs (4)RS-52IIs, (2)RS-42IIs, (1)RC-62ii, (2)RB-61IIs
(1) SVS PB12-Plus, (1)Emotiva XPA-100, (1)XPA-200, (1)UPA-200,
UN55HU8550, AVR-S900W, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Panny BDT460, PC,
(1)Klipsch G-42, (2)G-16s, (2) Bose 161, (1)BIC Acoustech PL-200
post #39642 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I use a PS3 Slim 500 for Blurays, music etc and for sure Call Of Duty Black Ops II game. It has Great audio sound track as my rears get a work out on this game.My oldest Grand Son and I play it. Big Fun with the camera and motion controllers on other war games.... I hope you are right as sometimes the diaphragms fail with good working X/O's and sometimes there is a reason. Hey it's only $20.00 bucks........... .plug and play and see if it happens again.

i am a call of duty modern warfare 2 player ,yeah i think it was an older tweeter and needs the new one,very simple to install 4 screws and 3 nuts .even i can do that lol
Louis Bartay likes this.

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
post #39643 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

I still have all mine out of my KLF-10's and C7's. Are they the same? we can work out a deal. I have 5 total. Replaced with Bob Crites.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
post #39644 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
When I bought R-82II and before I sold F-3's I use them for surrounds and they sounds amazing, if I will have a room for them I will keep towers for surrounds. So I'm sure RF-62 or even RF-82 will be great there. Many guys here if they have a room for them or extra $$$ will keep towers for surrounds. One guy here few pages back have RF-7II in front and as surrounds also.
I wonder who that guy is?

If money was no object, I'll have RF-7IIs as height speakers as well. Oh man. I need to get that thought out of my head.
malmstump and retro124 like this.
post #39645 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I still have all mine out of my KLF-10's and C7's. Are they the same? we can work out a deal. I have 5 total. Replaced with Bob Crites.
hey soupy ,i am not 100 % that your klf 10 s uses the same k-79 k do you ?if so then what are you asking
for' em ? i made an offer on ebay 2 for 30$ new btw

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
post #39646 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figarou View Post
I wonder who that guy is?

If money was no object, I'll have RF-7IIs as height speakers as well. Oh man. I need to get that thought out of my head.
I don't know who he is , I guess Klispch RF-7II lover
Oh I know I will have towers for surrounds also but I don't have a room for them.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #39647 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
hey soupy ,i am not 100 % that your klf 10 s uses the same k-79 k do you ?if so then what are you asking
I know the C7 and KLF20/30 3 ways are all the same tweeter diaphragm. Not sure about the two way KLF-10........... time to Google. The C7 has a small throat 10" tweeter that looks like the 10" mid horn (larger throat) in the KLF20/30.

post #39648 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Don't quote me on this, but I think they are all the same although Klipsch uses different part #'s (interchangable). I'm basing my assumption on the C7 and 10's look the same. Bob Crites said that all KLF's use the same one he sells.

The ones I have are the Polly ones with the oily substance inside them. Look just like the ones you linked to on Ebay. Make me an offer, you can have all 5 of them. They are stored in the case the Crites Diaphragm came in.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
post #39649 of 39649 Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

Also, if for what ever reason they don't work out for you I will except them back for refund.

Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page