Klipsch owner thread - Page 1322 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #39631 of 39640 Old Today, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
malmstump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
yesterday i discovered that i have a dead tweeter on one my klf-30 s ,was acting up after i painted the cabinet and put all the woofers and mids and tweeter .i tested it a few times and have to get one so my question is i know i am gonna have to get a poly one
and not wanting to get a titanium cauz i don't want to change all of them i saw a few on amazon but they look black and mine is silver colored any thoughts ?will phone klipsch to check prices from them directly for the k-79 k for the time being i pulled one out of one of the klf -20 s and replaced it until i get the new one ......
thank god i have other speakers like wides to do that cauz it is really noticeable
is this the right one ?eventho it's black?mine looks silver when i look at it through the hole


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-K-71...item461c3b0e5e
i actually took it apart and it is a dark color like the picture above in the link so i think i will order 1 possibly 2 just in case

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
surrounds klipsch klf-30 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
malmstump is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #39632 of 39640 Old Today, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
yesterday i discovered that i have a dead tweeter on one my klf-30 s ,was acting up after i painted the cabinet and put all the woofers and mids and tweeter .i tested it a few times and have to get one so my question is i know i am gonna have to get a poly one
and not wanting to get a titanium cauz i don't want to change all of them i saw a few on amazon but they look black and mine is silver colored any thoughts ?will phone klipsch to check prices from them directly for the k-79 k for the time being i pulled one out of one of the klf -20 s and replaced it until i get the new one ......
thank god i have other speakers like wides to do that cauz it is really noticeable
is this the right one ?eventho it's black?mine looks silver when i look at it through the hole


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-K-71...item461c3b0e5e
My poly in my C7 tweeter that has the same diaphragm that your tweeters in the KLF20/30 have looks just like the one in the Ebay add. Remove the the diaphragm from the bad KLF-30 tweeter and look at it. You may be looking at a silver screen/diffuser in front of the diaphragm. Did you purchase the KLF-30 new????


EDIT you posted when I was trying.
malmstump likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Louis Bartay is online now  
post #39633 of 39640 Old Today, 08:55 AM
Member
 
MikeK78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Surround Speakers with Atmos

So I am slowly migrating my system to Atmos. Problem is I have my surrounds mounted high, so I need to bring them down to ear level. SO I am thinking if using some RF-62 as rear surrounds in my 5.2.4 layout. I have RF-82 up front. Has anyone used the RF-62 as a surround speaker?

I don't like speakers on stands so figured a tower would be the best in terms of stability and looks.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Will be using the RS-42 for the ceiling atmos speakers.

Mike
MikeK78 is offline  
post #39634 of 39640 Old Today, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
malmstump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
My poly in my C7 tweeter that has the same diaphragm that your tweeters in the KLF20/30 have looks just like the one in the Ebay add. Remove the the diaphragm from the bad KLF-30 tweeter and look at it. You may be looking at a silver screen/diffuser in front of the diaphragm. Did you purchase the KLF-30 new????


EDIT you posted when I was trying.

hi louis ,no they weren't new built in 98 .i had to take it apart to see but yeah it is brown and i phoned klipsch and they don't have those anymore but the ebay seller from canada has them nos so perfetly great new old stock ,now the question buy one or two ?

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
surrounds klipsch klf-30 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
malmstump is online now  
post #39635 of 39640 Old Today, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK78 View Post
So I am slowly migrating my system to Atmos. Problem is I have my surrounds mounted high, so I need to bring them down to ear level. SO I am thinking if using some RF-62 as rear surrounds in my 5.2.4 layout. I have RF-82 up front. Has anyone used the RF-62 as a surround speaker?

I don't like speakers on stands so figured a tower would be the best in terms of stability and looks.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Will be using the RS-42 for the ceiling atmos speakers.

Mike
When I bought R-82II and before I sold F-3's I use them for surrounds and they sounds amazing, if I will have a room for them I will keep towers for surrounds. So I'm sure RF-62 or even RF-82 will be great there. Many guys here if they have a room for them or extra $$$ will keep towers for surrounds. One guy here few pages back have RF-7II in front and as surrounds also.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #39636 of 39640 Old Today, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
hi louis ,no they weren't new built in 98 .i had to take it apart to see but yeah it is brown and i phoned klipsch and they don't have those anymore but the ebay seller from canada has them nos so perfetly great new old stock ,now the question buy one or two ?
I have always replaced mine in "pairs" YMMV go for the pair at $20.00 each and replace the bad one and demo them. If you don't notice a difference you have a spare. Now..........."Why" did that "One" tweeter diaphragm "Fail" ?? Have you clipped that speaker (for what ever reason)or just how loud is Your Loud????? If you have a volt/ohm meter check your networks (and your drivers) and call Bob Crites for the correct readings. It might be time to re-cap your X/O's. IMHO every twenty five years or so if they are played weekly recap or just replace the networks. It's about time for my 1989 Heresy II for a re-cap but they still sound Great. But I don't crank them as loud in the bedroom system so maybe that has saved me a HII tweeter diaphragm. 5 years ago I purchased new Type B networks in my 79 Cornwalls from Bob Crites and sold my original oil can Type B to help pay for the Crites. I did the same when I changed out my K-77 Alinco tweeters to Crites CT-125 and those made more of a improvement then new networks. I play them Loud in my small den (fronts for HT and analog stereo) and so far I have hurt any of my Cornwall drivers. So my new networks are working correctly and I have not gotten "STUPID" with the volume control with my MOSFET amps.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Louis Bartay is online now  
post #39637 of 39640 Old Today, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
malmstump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I have always replaced mine in "pairs" YMMV go for the pair at $20.00 each and replace the bad one and demo them. If you don't notice a difference you have a spare. Now..........."Why" did that "One" tweeter diaphragm "Fail" ?? Have you clipped that speaker (for what ever reason)or just how loud is Your Loud????? If you have a volt/ohm meter check your networks (and your drivers) and call Bob Crites for the correct readings. It might be time to re-cap your X/O's. IMHO every twenty five years or so if they are played weekly recap or just replace the networks. It's about time for my 1989 Heresy II for a re-cap but they still sound Great. But I don't crank them as loud in the bedroom system so maybe that has saved me a HII tweeter diaphragm. 5 years ago I purchased new Type B networks in my 79 Cornwalls from Bob Crites and sold my original oil can Type B to help pay for the Crites. I did the same when I changed out my K-77 Alinco tweeters to Crites CT-125 and those made more of a improvement then new networks. I play them Loud in my small den (fronts for HT and analog stereo) and so far I have hurt any of my Cornwall drivers. So my new networks are working correctly and I have not gotten "STUPID" with the volume control with my MOSFET amps.
no i didn't play 'em loud i was playing my ps3 and noticed the highs were off so i checked and i guess it was it s time to go ,i might replace both

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
surrounds klipsch klf-30 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
malmstump is online now  
post #39638 of 39640 Old Today, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,069
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK78 View Post
Will be using the RS-42 for the ceiling atmos speakers.

Mike
From what I've read on Atmos the dual driver array of the RS series in not the right setup.

It's all about audio "object" placement and speakers like the RS that work well for surround (as it creates a large sound field) would defuse the pointed nature of Atmos affects.

Maybe I'm wrong and if you use them I would be interested in how they work out.
psgcdn likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is online now  
post #39639 of 39640 Old Today, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
From what I've read on Atmos the dual driver array of the RS series in not the right setup.

It's all about audio "object" placement and speakers like the RS that work well for surround (as it creates a large sound field) would defuse the pointed nature of Atmos affects.

Maybe I'm wrong and if you use them I would be interested in how they work out.
Couple of weeks ago one guy here on this forum or Atmos one add 4x RS-52II for Atmos and he love it. I know they are probably not right choice but for some people works those just fine.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is online now  
post #39640 of 39640 Old Today, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
no i didn't play 'em loud i was playing my ps3 and noticed the highs were off so i checked and i guess it was it s time to go ,i might replace both
I use a PS3 Slim 500 for Blurays, music etc and for sure Call Of Duty Black Ops II game. It has Great audio sound track as my rears get a work out on this game.My oldest Grand Son and I play it. Big Fun with the camera and motion controllers on other war games.... I hope you are right as sometimes the diaphragms fail with good working X/O's and sometimes there is a reason. Hey it's only $20.00 bucks........... .plug and play and see if it happens again.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Louis Bartay is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off