Klipsch owner thread - Page 1323 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #39661 of 39675 Old 10-21-2014, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post
@Tasdom Thanks very much.

This is a pic of my rear subs just for fun. Its cleaned up a bit now and that cubbie to the left under my AV stuff is full of insulation now.
Did you use flat pack kits or cut your own? I'm leaning hard at DIY for my sub upgrades

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
Tasdom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #39662 of 39675 Old 10-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
lemonslush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I made them myself. I am not the best at box building but, I am getting better. The next two I build will be stacked on top of the far left , right subs. I only have Amos to power 8 subs. I may grab another just incase
lemonslush is online now  
post #39663 of 39675 Old 10-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Member
 
Mk3_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have the following setup:

RF82II
RC62II
RS52II
Dual PB-2000 or single PB12-Plus (future purchase)

Do you guys think it's worth to get an Emotiva amp? Will I notice a huge difference? I was thinking about the XPA-3 or XPA-5.

FOR SALE: Denon X4000 BNIB | Klipsch RF-82 II BNIB | Klipsch RS-52 II BNIB | Klipsch SW-112 BNIB | Klipsch WA-2 BNIB | Jamo C607 used | Jamo C60 CEN used | Jamo SUB 650 used
Mk3_wagen is offline  
post #39664 of 39675 Old 10-21-2014, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,378
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
I have the following setup:

RF82II
RC62II
RS52II
Dual PB-2000 or single PB12-Plus (future purchase)

Do you guys think it's worth to get an Emotiva amp? Will I notice a huge difference? I was thinking about the XPA-3 or XPA-5.
IMHO I think a flagship AVR will do fine with your setup. If you were going to a 7.1 then maybe an amp would be justifiable if you listen at reference. If you don't crank it then a 125 w/ch will be more than enough to piss your neighbors off. . Not trying to start a piss fight with any of you external amp dudes either hee hee.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS3
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is online now  
post #39665 of 39675 Old 10-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Member
 
Mk3_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
IMHO I think a flagship AVR will do fine with your setup. If you were going to a 7.1 then maybe an amp would be justifiable if you listen at reference. If you don't crank it then a 125 w/ch will be more than enough to piss your neighbors off. . Not trying to start a piss fight with any of you external amp dudes either hee hee.
I'm just going with 5.1 for now, but I might upgrade to 7.1 later.

FOR SALE: Denon X4000 BNIB | Klipsch RF-82 II BNIB | Klipsch RS-52 II BNIB | Klipsch SW-112 BNIB | Klipsch WA-2 BNIB | Jamo C607 used | Jamo C60 CEN used | Jamo SUB 650 used
Mk3_wagen is offline  
post #39666 of 39675 Old 10-21-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,260
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
I'm just going with 5.1 for now, but I might upgrade to 7.1 later.
If that's the case I don't understand why you are selling your Denon X-4000 and wonder what you would be replacing it with (or driving with your system now). {EDIT: If you want an upgrade I would do your front soundstage.}

{2nd Edit: If I remember correctly, you are driving the system with an X4000 already and I stand by the recommendation above..}

Last edited by Zen Traveler; 10-21-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #39667 of 39675 Old 10-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Member
 
Mk3_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
If that's the case I don't understand why you are selling your Denon X-4000 and wonder what you would be replacing it with (or driving with your system now). {EDIT: If you want an upgrade I would do your front soundstage.}
The X4000 I'm selling is a spare one I was going to use in my living room. I ended up using my SC-1522k in there instead.

FOR SALE: Denon X4000 BNIB | Klipsch RF-82 II BNIB | Klipsch RS-52 II BNIB | Klipsch SW-112 BNIB | Klipsch WA-2 BNIB | Jamo C607 used | Jamo C60 CEN used | Jamo SUB 650 used
Mk3_wagen is offline  
post #39668 of 39675 Old 10-21-2014, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,260
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
The X4000 I'm selling is a spare one I was going to use in my living room. I ended up using my SC-1522k in there instead.
Got it. I was editing while you responded and see recommendation above and good luck..Fwiw, if you are considering an external amp check and see what SPL you are listening currently and decide if it's speakers (sq) or volume that you are wanting. My 2 cents.
psgcdn and Louis Bartay like this.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #39669 of 39675 Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
Klf30 has a 1.5" mid I think?
You may be right about the mid horn throat size..... I was going by memory from several years ago when I helped repair the loose motor boards on a friends pair. Anyway it's the tweeters we are swapping the diaphragms.
Reference_head likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Louis Bartay is online now  
post #39670 of 39675 Old Today, 02:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
coytee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 132
You guys are slacking!!!


I usually come home from work and read the latest conversation.... you let me down yesterday. I had to instead, read my to-do list from the wife.


sikclown likes this.
coytee is online now  
post #39671 of 39675 Old Today, 03:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post
You guys are slacking!!!


I usually come home from work and read the latest conversation.... you let me down yesterday. I had to instead, read my to-do list from the wife.


Did you move all your Klipsch back into one home again? If so just turn up those Honky 402 horns and crank up that DTS10 make a paper airplane out of the to do list and see what happens if your bored.
cchunter likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Louis Bartay is online now  
post #39672 of 39675 Old Today, 07:35 AM
Senior Member
 
DavidVTHokie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
RF3 grills - any chance on finding them?

Over the years my pegs have been breaking, and my last move was particularly tough on them. Can grills be sourced from Klipsch directly or anywhere else?

-DavidVTHokie
DavidVTHokie is offline  
post #39673 of 39675 Old Today, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVTHokie View Post
Over the years my pegs have been breaking, and my last move was particularly tough on them. Can grills be sourced from Klipsch directly or anywhere else?
They replaced my RC64II grill with a phone call. I had to provide my serial number. It's worth a shot to call them.

Some folks have just drilled a small hole into the old peg area and inserted a round head screw of the same peg length

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
Tasdom is offline  
post #39674 of 39675 Old Today, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
coytee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
Did you move all your Klipsch back into one home again? If so just turn up those Honky 402 horns and crank up that DTS10 make a paper airplane out of the to do list and see what happens if your bored.
Yes, everything is back at the house in TN, including the Danley's. They are however, still relegated to hiding in the garage as I am still lacking the proper permits to bring them into her room (the room where according to her, I can "do anything I want")


hmmm.....


The two MWM singles are on the left, Danley's on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	327354  
Louis Bartay likes this.
coytee is online now  
post #39675 of 39675 Old Today, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post
Yes, everything is back at the house in TN, including the Danley's. They are however, still relegated to hiding in the garage as I am still lacking the proper permits to bring them into her room (the room where according to her, I can "do anything I want")


hmmm.....


The two MWM singles are on the left, Danley's on the right.
Best Not make that paper airplane then

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Louis Bartay is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off