Klipsch owner thread - Page 1339 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #40141 of 40149 Old Today, 02:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 706
I think the ref ii line is going to be phased out really soon. And the new cheaper ref line will be what they hang their hat on. Im sure we will see some new version of the 7s or similar. This is just a guess and a feeling I have.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and Heresy II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40142 of 40149 Old Today, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I'm not a big fan webs like this, they just don't look right. I hope all people who order there get speakers for price they bought it. It is not that comment here in US but getting burn from shopping online is a huge problem in Europe. Let us know guys if all going well with your purchase.
I purchased a set of RF-82s last week and received a tracking name last night. They appear to be in the hands of UPS so it looks like I will be getting them, fingers crossed.

Also, someone a few pages ago said the ordered the 82s from NFM a few months ago when they had this sale and got theirs. Which makes me hopefully everyone that ordered will get them accompanied with the fact they are still showing the sale price so it doesn't seem like someone made a mistake on the website.
post #40143 of 40149 Old Today, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
I think the ref ii line is going to be phased out really soon. And the new cheaper ref line will be what they hang their hat on. Im sure we will see some new version of the 7s or similar. This is just a guess and a feeling I have.

It seems the trend is going the way you suggest but I don't see them coming out with a replacement for the RF-7II/RC-64II made in this country. It reminds me of this conversation (My views are in italic):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
Umm...Idon't think we are disagreeing except maybe how many speakers are being soldout of Hope, Arkansas.

I haven’t really spoken about that. I’msimply saying that if Klipsch changes their model then, potentially, numbers ofHeritage, and Palladium will go up.

Ialso don't know how viable the companies you mention are but have no reason todoubt your contention they are successful but wonder how long that model willlast.

Well, maybe you won't doubt me when I say they will likely be fine for the foreseeable future as well. However you want to slice it, thosecompanies are doing well, and barring something crazy, they will likely continueto do so. Their model is only getting better now; they have no desire tochange. If they wanted to go ID, then they all could have done that yesterday.

Ialso have no doubt that Klipsch sells more RF-62IIs made in China than they doRF-7IIs made in Hope, but again, I am curious if they are the profit machinethat Audiovoxx wants to keep or send production to China as well...

I’m not sure of your point exactly. Exceptto say that building that speaker stateside obviously is a better decision,otherwise they wouldn’t make it here. The trend right now in consumerelectronics is not adding more of your product offering to outsourcing, but toidentify products which should come back home. Apple has done this with itsiMac computers for example.

Insofaras 2-channel is concerned, my point is there aren't a lot of people I seeonline or talk to in person that are buying 2 speakers for that use...Most 2channel folks seem to prefer headphones.

Apples and orange grove comparison. It’slike me saying rock bands are making a comeback, and you say, ‘but all the peopleI talk to that listen to guitar bands, are listening to country.’ That may betrue, but rock bands are still making a comeback. If someone likes or prefersheadphones, then they like or prefer headphones. Granted that is two channel, but it’snot what I’m discussing. Two Channel Stereo (with two speakers in front of you)listening is making a comeback, and thus speaker manufacturers are selling morespeakers....

Seriously, when it comes to Heritage my guess is that they don't sell many at all and I wonder how many folks purchase Palladium in the whole scheme of things...Claw says they don't need to sell many of them but I contend they actually do. Insofar as the RF-7II is concerned, those DO appear to be selling more online than in Brick and Mortar stores from the traffic on this thread but I wonder if it's enough to keep production in Hope.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Today at 07:42 AM.
post #40144 of 40149 Old Today, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05JGM View Post
I purchased a set of RF-82s last week and received a tracking name last night. They appear to be in the hands of UPS so it looks like I will be getting them, fingers crossed.

Also, someone a few pages ago said the ordered the 82s from NFM a few months ago when they had this sale and got theirs. Which makes me hopefully everyone that ordered will get them accompanied with the fact they are still showing the sale price so it doesn't seem like someone made a mistake on the website.

My guess is you will get them if you already have a tracking number and congratulations!

That said, I don't think it was a mistake as much as if they are almost half price it's lower than anywhere else I've seen posted online. If that's the case then I wonder if competitors would match that price? I see ONECALL has them listed for $479 each in their catalog and feel if the price from NFM is legit then they surely could match it if one called them.

Btw, when I say "legit" I only mean at that price it seems they are really trying to get them out the door and I can't imagine that stores that don't have online sales could sell them for that cheap but would be obliged to if they don't want to lose the sale--It would be interesting if anyone else has gotten them for that price at other online e-tailers.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Today at 08:02 AM.
post #40145 of 40149 Old Today, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 139
I don't really have room in my theater for the RF-7's mainly because I have two gigantic subs...lol

But I still want the RC-64. Exactly how much difference is there between the RC-62 and RC-64 in a small room? The listening position is only about 13feet from center channel position.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #40146 of 40149 Old Today, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post
I don't really have room in my theater for the RF-7's mainly because I have two gigantic subs...lol

But I still want the RC-64. Exactly how much difference is there between the RC-62 and RC-64 in a small room? The listening position is only about 13feet from center channel position.
I ran the RC64II with my RF62II's before I splurged on the 7II's. The bigger driver being 1.75 is much more pronounced than the 1.00 in the 62II for starters. Dialogue is much cleaner and detailed. Pretty big difference IMO but have heard others say it's not worth the extra money. For me it was so it's up to you really. It will sound a bit mismatched though with the bigger driver. That also didn't bother me. Once I did get the 7II's though it all came together and then I could really tell the difference once they were matched.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #40147 of 40149 Old Today, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I just watched this podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=DFbqJkjfABQ after it was posted in the Dolby Atmos thread with Scott Wilkerson interviewing Anthony Girimani and found it quite interesting.

First, evidently quite a few of the Klipsch speakers would work in an Atmos situation including even the RS series for wides depending on room layout--interesting.

Second, Girimani used the Klipschorn as a speaker that would be undesirable in a small room because of the narrow dispersion pattern, which I thought interesting but don't know if I agree with--that brought to mind that I really don't know what the dispersion pattern is but with a limited MLP it would seem to be ideal but...

Third, I totally agree with him that having a capable center channel is a MUST for home theater and unfortunately folks seem to skimp on that--He said having 5 1/4" to 6 1/2" LF drivers mated to a larger horn would be ideal. Of course most of our center channels would fit in that category and,

Fourth, his comment about dispersion pattern accompanied the anecdote about the happy medium in sound reproduction where you don't want the sound coming from a precise direction as if from a certain speaker but more of a blending and that is EXACTLY what I noticed about my Home Theater--things pan from the left to right as well as to the surrounds and rears but the sound is more enveloping than sounding like it's being reproduced from a speaker system--Cool!

Unfortunately he only gave examples and speaker placements for several rows of seating and I would like to have seen him expound more on what I have which is a narrow sweat spot that is centered on a comfortable love seat. Anyway, nothing earth shattering in the interview but he gave some good examples which corroborate what can be found in the Atmos thread along with some slight variations that seem to work in other situations.

One of the situations he did mention is that's not good is to put speakers outside of their dispersion patterns (in regard to the MLP), which I've seen some folks post on this thread as well.
post #40148 of 40149 Old Today, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

CCHunter gave you some good advice and it really depends on your expectations and what you could get used to. That said, I haven't seen anyone that's gone to a larger center channel not be impressed, but have seen folks realize that they aren't as happy with their mains in comparison--YMMV and having 2 capable subs could help along with level-matching, but the RC-64II is a beast compared to your mains and RS-42 surrounds.
post #40149 of 40149 Old Today, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
CCHunter gave you some good advice and it really depends on your expectations and what you could get used to. That said, I haven't seen anyone that's gone to a larger center channel not be impressed, but have seen folks realize that they aren't as happy with their mains in comparison--YMMV and having 2 capable subs could help along with level-matching, but the RC-64II is a beast compared to your mains and RS-42 surrounds.

It's just something I think about every now and again. Then I go into my theater and watch a movie and see that I have several times for speaker/sub than my room actually needs and then I am satisfied with what I have again.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page