Klipsch owner thread - Page 1339 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #40141 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,989
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 706
I think the ref ii line is going to be phased out really soon. And the new cheaper ref line will be what they hang their hat on. Im sure we will see some new version of the 7s or similar. This is just a guess and a feeling I have.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and Heresy II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #40142 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I'm not a big fan webs like this, they just don't look right. I hope all people who order there get speakers for price they bought it. It is not that comment here in US but getting burn from shopping online is a huge problem in Europe. Let us know guys if all going well with your purchase.
I purchased a set of RF-82s last week and received a tracking name last night. They appear to be in the hands of UPS so it looks like I will be getting them, fingers crossed.

Also, someone a few pages ago said the ordered the 82s from NFM a few months ago when they had this sale and got theirs. Which makes me hopefully everyone that ordered will get them accompanied with the fact they are still showing the sale price so it doesn't seem like someone made a mistake on the website.
05JGM is online now  
post #40143 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
I think the ref ii line is going to be phased out really soon. And the new cheaper ref line will be what they hang their hat on. Im sure we will see some new version of the 7s or similar. This is just a guess and a feeling I have.

It seems the trend is going the way you suggest but I don't see them coming out with a replacement for the RF-7II/RC-64II made in this country. It reminds me of this conversation (My views are in italic):


Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawAndTalon View Post
Umm...Idon't think we are disagreeing except maybe how many speakers are being soldout of Hope, Arkansas.


I haven’t really spoken about that. I’msimply saying that if Klipsch changes their model then, potentially, numbers ofHeritage, and Palladium will go up.


Ialso don't know how viable the companies you mention are but have no reason todoubt your contention they are successful but wonder how long that model willlast.


Well, maybe you won't doubt me when I say they will likely be fine for the foreseeable future as well. However you want to slice it, thosecompanies are doing well, and barring something crazy, they will likely continueto do so. Their model is only getting better now; they have no desire tochange. If they wanted to go ID, then they all could have done that yesterday.


Ialso have no doubt that Klipsch sells more RF-62IIs made in China than they doRF-7IIs made in Hope, but again, I am curious if they are the profit machinethat Audiovoxx wants to keep or send production to China as well...


I’m not sure of your point exactly. Exceptto say that building that speaker stateside obviously is a better decision,otherwise they wouldn’t make it here. The trend right now in consumerelectronics is not adding more of your product offering to outsourcing, but toidentify products which should come back home. Apple has done this with itsiMac computers for example.


Insofaras 2-channel is concerned, my point is there aren't a lot of people I seeonline or talk to in person that are buying 2 speakers for that use...Most 2channel folks seem to prefer headphones.


Apples and orange grove comparison. It’slike me saying rock bands are making a comeback, and you say, ‘but all the peopleI talk to that listen to guitar bands, are listening to country.’ That may betrue, but rock bands are still making a comeback. If someone likes or prefersheadphones, then they like or prefer headphones. Granted that is two channel, but it’snot what I’m discussing. Two Channel Stereo (with two speakers in front of you)listening is making a comeback, and thus speaker manufacturers are selling morespeakers....

Seriously, when it comes to Heritage my guess is that they don't sell many at all and I wonder how many folks purchase Palladium in the whole scheme of things...Claw says they don't need to sell many of them but I contend they actually do. Insofar as the RF-7II is concerned, those DO appear to be selling more online than in Brick and Mortar stores from the traffic on this thread but I wonder if it's enough to keep production in Hope.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Yesterday at 07:42 AM.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #40144 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05JGM View Post
I purchased a set of RF-82s last week and received a tracking name last night. They appear to be in the hands of UPS so it looks like I will be getting them, fingers crossed.

Also, someone a few pages ago said the ordered the 82s from NFM a few months ago when they had this sale and got theirs. Which makes me hopefully everyone that ordered will get them accompanied with the fact they are still showing the sale price so it doesn't seem like someone made a mistake on the website.

My guess is you will get them if you already have a tracking number and congratulations!


That said, I don't think it was a mistake as much as if they are almost half price it's lower than anywhere else I've seen posted online. If that's the case then I wonder if competitors would match that price? I see ONECALL has them listed for $479 each in their catalog and feel if the price from NFM is legit then they surely could match it if one called them.


Btw, when I say "legit" I only mean at that price it seems they are really trying to get them out the door and I can't imagine that stores that don't have online sales could sell them for that cheap but would be obliged to if they don't want to lose the sale--It would be interesting if anyone else has gotten them for that price at other online e-tailers.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Yesterday at 08:02 AM.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #40145 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Prime316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I don't really have room in my theater for the RF-7's mainly because I have two gigantic subs...lol


But I still want the RC-64. Exactly how much difference is there between the RC-62 and RC-64 in a small room? The listening position is only about 13feet from center channel position.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
Prime316 is offline  
post #40146 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,427
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post
I don't really have room in my theater for the RF-7's mainly because I have two gigantic subs...lol


But I still want the RC-64. Exactly how much difference is there between the RC-62 and RC-64 in a small room? The listening position is only about 13feet from center channel position.
I ran the RC64II with my RF62II's before I splurged on the 7II's. The bigger driver being 1.75 is much more pronounced than the 1.00 in the 62II for starters. Dialogue is much cleaner and detailed. Pretty big difference IMO but have heard others say it's not worth the extra money. For me it was so it's up to you really. It will sound a bit mismatched though with the bigger driver. That also didn't bother me. Once I did get the 7II's though it all came together and then I could really tell the difference once they were matched.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #40147 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 367
I just watched this podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=DFbqJkjfABQ after it was posted in the Dolby Atmos thread with Scott Wilkerson interviewing Anthony Girimani and found it quite interesting.

First, evidently quite a few of the Klipsch speakers would work in an Atmos situation including even the RS series for wides depending on room layout--interesting.

Second, Girimani used the Klipschorn as a speaker that would be undesirable in a small room because of the narrow dispersion pattern, which I thought interesting but don't know if I agree with--that brought to mind that I really don't know what the dispersion pattern is but with a limited MLP it would seem to be ideal but...

Third, I totally agree with him that having a capable center channel is a MUST for home theater and unfortunately folks seem to skimp on that--He said having 5 1/4" to 6 1/2" LF drivers mated to a larger horn would be ideal. Of course most of our center channels would fit in that category and,

Fourth, his comment about dispersion pattern accompanied the anecdote about the happy medium in sound reproduction where you don't want the sound coming from a precise direction as if from a certain speaker but more of a blending and that is EXACTLY what I noticed about my Home Theater--things pan from the left to right as well as to the surrounds and rears but the sound is more enveloping than sounding like it's being reproduced from a speaker system--Cool!

Unfortunately he only gave examples and speaker placements for several rows of seating and I would like to have seen him expound more on what I have which is a narrow sweat spot that is centered on a comfortable love seat. Anyway, nothing earth shattering in the interview but he gave some good examples which corroborate what can be found in the Atmos thread along with some slight variations that seem to work in other situations.

One of the situations he did mention is that's not good is to put speakers outside of their dispersion patterns (in regard to the MLP), which I've seen some folks post on this thread as well.
cchunter likes this.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #40148 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post
I don't really have room in my theater for the RF-7's mainly because I have two gigantic subs...lol


But I still want the RC-64. Exactly how much difference is there between the RC-62 and RC-64 in a small room? The listening position is only about 13feet from center channel position.

CCHunter gave you some good advice and it really depends on your expectations and what you could get used to. That said, I haven't seen anyone that's gone to a larger center channel not be impressed, but have seen folks realize that they aren't as happy with their mains in comparison--YMMV and having 2 capable subs could help along with level-matching, but the RC-64II is a beast compared to your mains and RS-42 surrounds.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #40149 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Prime316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
CCHunter gave you some good advice and it really depends on your expectations and what you could get used to. That said, I haven't seen anyone that's gone to a larger center channel not be impressed, but have seen folks realize that they aren't as happy with their mains in comparison--YMMV and having 2 capable subs could help along with level-matching, but the RC-64II is a beast compared to your mains and RS-42 surrounds.

It's just something I think about every now and again. Then I go into my theater and watch a movie and see that I have several times for speaker/sub than my room actually needs and then I am satisfied with what I have again.
cchunter and retro124 like this.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
Prime316 is offline  
post #40150 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post
I think the ref ii line is going to be phased out really soon. And the new cheaper ref line will be what they hang their hat on. Im sure we will see some new version of the 7s or similar. This is just a guess and a feeling I have.
I was wondering if this might happen too?? Will see what happens in the next few months.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Louis Bartay is online now  
post #40151 of 40163 Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
psgcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Prov. of Quebec, Canada
Posts: 4,692
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I just watched this podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=DFbqJkjfABQ after it was posted in the Dolby Atmos thread with Scott Wilkerson interviewing Anthony Girimani and found it quite interesting.

First, evidently quite a few of the Klipsch speakers would work in an Atmos situation including even the RS series for wides depending on room layout--interesting.

Second, Girimani used the Klipschorn as a speaker that would be undesirable in a small room because of the narrow dispersion pattern,
It's a long podcast... about when did they talk about the Klipschorn?

I gotta say, I love mine for HT!

psgcdn is offline  
post #40152 of 40163 Old Today, 02:44 AM
Newbie
 
Diemme75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lugano, Swiss
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all
My name is Michelle and apologize for my bad english.
Two little question.
I'm changing my a/v receiver. I love the high frequency be "crysp" and bright (50% home cinema and 50% electronic music).
1) With Klipsch RF62 Mk II do you suggest a Pioneer SC-LX 57 or a Yamaha Aventage A1040 ?
2) Do you suggest the bi-amp settings ? My room is little. I just need quality at middle/low volume, i don't need power for high volume

Thanks all !

Front: 2 x Klipsch RF62 Mk II
Surround: 2 x Klipsch RB51
Diemme75 is offline  
post #40153 of 40163 Old Today, 03:06 AM
Member
 
Niroe64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemme75 View Post
Hello all
My name is Michelle and apologize for my bad english.
Two little question.
I'm changing my a/v receiver. I love the high frequency be "crysp" and bright (50% home cinema and 50% electronic music).
1) With Klipsch RF62 Mk II do you suggest a Pioneer SC-LX 57 or a Yamaha Aventage A1040 ?
2) Do you suggest the bi-amp settings ? My room is little. I just need quality at middle/low volume, i don't need power for high volume

Thanks all !

Front: 2 x Klipsch RF62 Mk II
Surround: 2 x Klipsch RB51
I cant speak for the receivers but you shouldn't have to worry about bi-amping as there won't be a discernible difference, from what I have seen on here most people think it is a waste of time and power that could otherwise be used to deliver your other channels cleaner power with less chance of distortion.

With those speakers in a small room power shouldn't be much of a concern either so not too much to worry about there, assuming you arent setting your crossovers too low.

AVR Onkyo 818
Fronts Klipsch RF-62II's
Center Klipsch RC-62II
Sides Onkyo SKR-980's
Sub SVS PB 2000
Blu-Ray Sony Ps3 Screen Samsung UN46D8000
Niroe64 is online now  
post #40154 of 40163 Old Today, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,427
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemme75 View Post
Hello all
My name is Michelle and apologize for my bad english.
Two little question.
I'm changing my a/v receiver. I love the high frequency be "crysp" and bright (50% home cinema and 50% electronic music).
1) With Klipsch RF62 Mk II do you suggest a Pioneer SC-LX 57 or a Yamaha Aventage A1040 ?
2) Do you suggest the bi-amp settings ? My room is little. I just need quality at middle/low volume, i don't need power for high volume

Thanks all !

Front: 2 x Klipsch RF62 Mk II
Surround: 2 x Klipsch RB51
Bi-amping is a waste of time and you wont benefit from it. As far as receivers go well those are both good so it's a personal preference. If it was me I would get the Pioneer. It has a little more power than the Yamaha. Personally I use Denon in my system. Good Luck!!

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
cchunter is offline  
post #40155 of 40163 Old Today, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Louis Bartay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemme75 View Post
Hello all
My name is Michelle and apologize for my bad english.
Two little question.
I'm changing my a/v receiver. I love the high frequency be "crysp" and bright (50% home cinema and 50% electronic music).
1) With Klipsch RF62 Mk II do you suggest a Pioneer SC-LX 57 or a Yamaha Aventage A1040 ?
2) Do you suggest the bi-amp settings ? My room is little. I just need quality at middle/low volume, i don't need power for high volume

Thanks all !

Front: 2 x Klipsch RF62 Mk II
Surround: 2 x Klipsch RB51
I have always liked the sound of the Yamaha amps for stereo music. I have not listened to that Pioneer so I suggest if it's possible to audition both AVR before you spend the money. Good advice on Not bi-amping as I have tried it and did not notice any difference. Looks like you need a center(RC-52/62) for that small room and a small sub to complete your 5.1 for HT Bluray.
Is that a Revox R2R in your avatar looks like a B-77?

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
Louis Bartay is online now  
post #40156 of 40163 Old Today, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MSchu18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Speaker sale. Call for details.
Do you handle professional cinema line of klipsch?

Pm me.

VPI Classic 2/Soundsmith Aida-Rega P5/Groovetracer/Denon DL-103R
Parks Audio Budgie Pre Amp-Budgie SUT
Pioneer SC85-Bel Canto REF 500M
Klipsch Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio-Klisch RC64II-Klipsch SW-115
Samsung PN64D8000-OPPO BDP-93
Klipsch Image Ones-Klipsch x11i
MSchu18 is online now  
post #40157 of 40163 Old Today, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post
It's a long podcast... about when did they talk about the Klipschorn?

I gotta say, I love mine for HT!
The part about dispersion patterns start around 46 min in (and before that by about 5 minutes when he talks about the importance of having a good center channel) and 50:50 when he actually mentions the Klipschorn. To be fair, he did go on to say that in a larger room that had a lot of reflective surfaces you may benefit from a narrow dispersion patter speaker, but even then I've always heard that you wouldn't want a bright room with the K-horns--I dunno.

That said, what is the dispersion pattern of the Klipschorn? I realize that the larger the horn the smaller the pattern but I never thought about it regards to that speaker as well as how wide the LF drivers bass response would be--I gather below 80 Hz it also would be omnidirectional.

Btw, I have heard the K-horn in several home settings with 2 channel material and thought they sounded great!
psgcdn likes this.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #40158 of 40163 Old Today, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
psgcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Prov. of Quebec, Canada
Posts: 4,692
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
The part about dispersion patterns start around 46 min in (and before that by about 5 minutes when he talks about the importance of having a good center channel) and 50:50 when he actually mentions the Klipschorn. To be fair, he did go on to say that in a larger room that had a lot of reflective surfaces you may benefit from a narrow dispersion patter speaker, but even then I've always heard that you wouldn't want a bright room with the K-horns--I dunno.

That said, what is the dispersion pattern of the Klipschorn? I realize that the larger the horn the smaller the pattern but I never thought about it regards to that speaker as well as how wide the LF drivers bass response would be--I gather below 80 Hz it also would be omnidirectional.

Btw, I have heard the K-horn in several home settings with 2 channel material and thought they sounded great!
Thanks. Can't say I agree very much. Sure, if a sound is only coming from the right channel, I'll hear it coming from that speaker. But almost all the time, movie sounds are coming from multiple speakers, and Klipschorns pull a very convincing disappearing act. So very rarely during a movie will the sound appear to come from a particular speaker.

The way he describes it, Klipschorns could not image music, which they do very very well.

psgcdn is offline  
post #40159 of 40163 Old Today, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post
Thanks. Can't say I agree very much. Sure, if a sound is only coming from the right channel, I'll hear it coming from that speaker. But almost all the time, movie sounds are coming from multiple speakers, and Klipschorns pull a very convincing disappearing act. So very rarely during a movie will the sound appear to come from a particular speaker.

The way he describes it, Klipschorns could not image music, which they do very very well.

I agree and think it may have been an off the cuff comment because with music I agree the K-Horns disappear in the settings I've heard them...I also find it curious that he says they would be better in a larger livelier room which also goes against what I've heard (although admit I've never heard them in that situation).

That said, I am curious about the dispersion pattern of the tweeters and midrange, if anyone knows. Just theorizing, if there is a limited seating position, center channel within the left and right sound field and appropriately spaced that Klipschhorns would be hard to beat for Home Theater as well especially if you had capable surrounds.

Fwiw, I've mentioned this before but the most awesome HT I've heard was at Klipsch HQ, using 3 Lascalas up front with dual THX subs and 2 Belles in the back--Now thinking about it, it was in a bright room with windows and I think I remember linoleum floors (not sure)...It was also with a DTS promo disk which of course was mastered for premium quality.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #40160 of 40163 Old Today, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
psgcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Prov. of Quebec, Canada
Posts: 4,692
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 256
I'll admit that my seating area is small with only four main seats. I like them all to be close to center-screen and far away from speakers so that none of them are every overbearing for anyone. Maybe the narrow dispersion is ideally suited to my case. (plus I listen to stereo music in the center sweet spot)

psgcdn is offline  
post #40161 of 40163 Old Today, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
psgcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Prov. of Quebec, Canada
Posts: 4,692
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post
Do you handle professional cinema line of klipsch?

Pm me.
They don't.

psgcdn is offline  
post #40162 of 40163 Old Today, 03:16 PM
Newbie
 
Diemme75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lugano, Swiss
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
I have always liked the sound of the Yamaha amps for stereo music. I have not listened to that Pioneer so I suggest if it's possible to audition both AVR before you spend the money. Good advice on Not bi-amping as I have tried it and did not notice any difference. Looks like you need a center(RC-52/62) for that small room and a small sub to complete your 5.1 for HT Bluray.
Is that a Revox R2R in your avatar looks like a B-77?
Yes, Revox B77, long time ago
I had a klipsch rc62 in my first setup (with a Yamaha RX-V673) but i wasn't satisfied at all (always fingers on the remote to adjust volume between dialogue and fx listening to the movies).
Maybe the issue was the a/v receivers or a bad setup, but with my actual "4.0" setup (and dialog adjustment on +3) i am satisfied.
With the money i've got selling the center and my rx-v673 i can buy a better a/v.
My only doubt are between pioneer lx 57 and yamaha a1040 (at the same price in Europe actually) and how they manage the lacking of the central speaker.
Diemme75 is offline  
post #40163 of 40163 Unread Today, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,344
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Well, I don't know if Klipsch Employee "JayL" is in the loop or not but gave him every opportunity and even asked if Klipsch was going to have an Atmos upfiring speaker and by his reply I'm guessing not anytime soon: https://community.klipsch.com/index....y-atmos/page-5

That said, his reply, "We have done Atmos testing at Klipsch, and the results are quite impressive"

and

"I have been told that Atmos will work with many types of high ceilings. I think with some tweaking you could "reverse vault" the installation of an upfiring speaker. I will be trying this at home in the future, I have to have an Atmos setup after hearing it for myself."

Along with Roy Delgado's comments in that same thread insinuating that he also was impressed by Dolby Atmos in theaters does make me wonder what, if anything is going on in their development of upfiring speakers....
Louis Bartay likes this.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Today at 05:36 PM.
Zen Traveler is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off