Advertisement

post #40202 of 40207 Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05JGM View Post
Did you ever get your order straightened out?

I just checked the site again and they raised the sale price to $470 a piece. Hopefully they still honor your $350 each price.
Thanks for asking. I actually spoke to customer service again around 5:00pm. As of tonight I have two tracking #'s. One shows that the center channel was shipped, but the other tracking # with two packages (I'm assuming these are the RF-82's) had a label printed yesterday, but were not shipped out yesterday along with the center channel. I contacted customer service to ask if they could confirm that they would indeed be shipped out by tonight and after originally being told "they shipped yesterday" (no, they did not, that was the center channel), I was told that they will "ship by tonight or tomorrow". So, at this point I have a center channel that is en route, which is useless without the two mains. I'm losing hope at this point, but I'll keep the thread posted.
post #40203 of 40207 Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
IMO even when crossed over at 80 or even 100hz the larger the drivers the bigger the sound. The RF7 obviously at the to.

But each step up in size within the 42-82 range gets you an increase in bass or mid range output up to the crossover with the tweeter. Plus the larger 62 and 82 use a much larger horn than the 42 and 52.

You would be better off with the RB61 over the RF42 IMO.

I understand now that the rf-7 would have a different sound due to the larger compression driver which in turn lowers the internal xo.

The lower models all use the same tweeter so the sound should be similar up to the xo point yes? Well, other than the larger horn which I assume would give a larger sound stage?

His fuller sound that people keep stating, do you mean the bass portion? Again, I have a very capable sub so I don't need anything that reproduces the lower octaves.

Thanks for all the input guys.
post #40204 of 40207 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
I understand now that the rf-7 would have a different sound due to the larger compression driver which in turn lowers the internal xo.

The lower models all use the same tweeter so the sound should be similar up to the xo point yes? Well, other than the larger horn which I assume would give a larger sound stage?

His fuller sound that people keep stating, do you mean the bass portion? Again, I have a very capable sub so I don't need anything that reproduces the lower octaves.

You still need a speaker that goes down below 80Hz.

MHO is to tell you to get a speaker that goes down to 40Hz. All depends on the XO and the slopes.

Life without bass is not worth living.
post #40205 of 40207 Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:

The XO isn't solid. It has a curve which means you still want your mains to be able to go quite a bit below your X0 setting. That is where you fuller sound comes from. Without, you don't get a good blend and your sub could be localized.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
post #40206 of 40207 Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
The XO isn't solid. It has a curve which means you still want your mains to be able to go quite a bit below your X0 setting. That is where you fuller sound comes from. Without, you don't get a good blend and your sub could be localized.

I understand that, but doesn't even the Rf-42 state an FR of 38hz?

Localization of my sub isn't a big deal as it sits at the front of my room. Not saying you can localize it, just saying that it isn't a big deal.
post #40207 of 40207 Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
I understand that, but doesn't even the Rf-42 state an FR of 38hz?

Localization of my sub isn't a big deal as it sits at the front of my room. Not saying you can localize it, just saying that it isn't a big deal.
I think it's 59Hz and that doesn't mean it's going to sound great pushing them to their lowest. I would cross it at 100Hz if you do use them.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page