Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
Don't suppose you have a distortion graph for it? [emoji4]&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I'm stuck at work and for some reason am not able to get on the klipsch site. Happen to know Max spl for the reference ii floor standers are?&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I don't listen at reference but the higher a speaker plays cleanly, the cleaner it will play at lower levels.
For max SPL, take the company's dB/W/M rating. That's where you start. Then, every time you double the power, increase the SPL 3 times.

So,for a speaker with 95dB/W/M, 2W will equal 98dB. Keep going until you reach the max power rating for the speaker.

Last edited by Mongo171; Today at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40262 of 40263 Unread Today, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
Thanks for talking me into going to demo them out. Happens to be a fry's, that has the whole lineup, only 20 min away. Too bad they aren't open today and no way I'm going there on Black Friday. Saturday it is! [emoji1]

I just wanted to get something that will tide me over for about 8 months when I'll end up with either the seatons or JTR.

Cool and that sound like a plan--both of the other speakers you mention have a great following but given it's this close to Christmas I imagine it's going to be hard to compare speakers in ANY store with the crowds and sales people being so occupied--Again, good luck.
post #40263 of 40263 Unread Today, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
given it's this close to Christmas I imagine it's going to be hard to compare speakers in ANY store with the crowds and sales people being so occupied--Again, good luck.
WOT: (way off topic)

Wife wants me to drive into town tomorrow. Side note, I have to work tomorrow. I have a territory and I cover 4 different towns.

So, I get to drive 15 miles into town.... to buy about ten (10) Poinsettia plants at Home Depot (for .99 each). Drive 15 miles back to my house to unload them (at 7:00 A.M.) and then turn around and drive 35 miles to my morning destination.

I just hope the store isn't busy to slow me down.

I just love doing this kind of stuff.....
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page