Klipsch owner thread - Page 1344 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #40291 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,367
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdip View Post

Another concern I have is that the RS-42s might not match as well with the rest of my system because of how small the drivers are compared to everything else? The RB-61 seems like it might be a better fit with the other speakers size-wise, however the main problem with that is how to mount them in an aesthetically pleasing manner.

Well, they also make the RS-52II and is what is recommended to go with the other speakers you are looking at:http://www.klipsch.com/rf-82-ii-home-theater-system
Zen Traveler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #40292 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 12:23 PM
Member
 
jdip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
here is a quote from someone on Crutchfield who tried both the Rs-41 and the RB-51.
Interesting... thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
Well, they also make the RS-52II and is what is recommended to go with the other speakers you are looking at:http://www.klipsch.com/rf-82-ii-home-theater-system
Yes that's true, but I was looking at the 42s vs the 61s because they are the same price
jdip is offline  
post #40293 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdip View Post
Interesting... thanks!
You're welcome! I edited my last post. I originally said he compared the RS-41's to the RB-51's but it was the RS-42's. Here is a link to the review page. I just skimmed the reviews and thought that review might help you.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_714RS42...RS-42&skipvs=T

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
Soupy1970 is online now  
post #40294 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Senior Member
 
ch1sox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I'm looking to get an Emotiva amp for my 5.2 setup. Could someone recommend what I should be looking at? I'm a little confused if I'm supposed to just be getting something to power the front 3 speakers or something that powers the entire system? Looking over at the Emotiva site it looks like XPA-3 could power the front 3 and then the Denon to power the rest? Or would I need the XPA-5?

Setup:
Denon x4000
2 rf-7ii
1 rc-64
2 rs-62ii
2 hsu subs (vtf-15h mk2) or 2 other similar subs.
ch1sox is offline  
post #40295 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1sox View Post
I'm looking to get an Emotiva amp for my 5.2 setup. Could someone recommend what I should be looking at? I'm a little confused if I'm supposed to just be getting something to power the front 3 speakers or something that powers the entire system? Looking over at the Emotiva site it looks like XPA-3 could power the front 3 and then the Denon to power the rest? Or would I need the XPA-5?

Setup:
Denon x4000
2 rf-7ii
1 rc-64
2 rs-62ii
2 hsu subs (vtf-15h mk2) or 2 other similar subs.
I have pondered the same question because I was thinking about getting (upgrade bug) an amp myself. I came to the conclusion the XPA-3 is all that is needed, but I was thinking the XPA-5 would be future proof in case I end up with 11.4 (Atmos) in the future. I like your sub choice!
Louis Bartay likes this.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
Soupy1970 is online now  
post #40296 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I didn't say complete localization. Sound will bounce around (disperse) with RB-61's. I feel immersed (sound engineer and codecs take care of that), but I also want the panning effect meant to be heard in certain scenes. I can see using wide disperse speakers for multi-row theaters, but just don't think (in my understanding) they are meant for home theaters with one row seating (unless certain placement restrictions apply).

Maybe I used the wrong term ("some what localized") above. For one row seating I feel the side surrounds in 5.1 using wide disperse speakers will create an unwanted null at the main listening position. Wide disperse speakers have a null in the middle as the sound is dispersed out and not forward.
WDST speakers don't have a significant null region; they're designed for full 180 degree coverage. Dipole speakers will definitely have the null you describe, but not bipoles (which the WDST speakers are). I have four RS-62II's in my single-row HT and I can assure you they sound spectacular. In fact, monopoles would be less than idea for my rear surrounds since the speakers are so close to the seating.
Schwa is online now  
post #40297 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1sox View Post
I'm looking to get an Emotiva amp for my 5.2 setup. Could someone recommend what I should be looking at? I'm a little confused if I'm supposed to just be getting something to power the front 3 speakers or something that powers the entire system? Looking over at the Emotiva site it looks like XPA-3 could power the front 3 and then the Denon to power the rest? Or would I need the XPA-5?

Setup:
Denon x4000
2 rf-7ii
1 rc-64
2 rs-62ii
2 hsu subs (vtf-15h mk2) or 2 other similar subs.
Why do you think you need an external amp? Do you feel your Denon isn't up to snuff?
Schwa is online now  
post #40298 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
ch1sox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Why do you think you need an external amp? Do you feel your Denon isn't up to snuff?
I figure more power can't hurt. I'll probably start without it, but if I do need it I just wanted to figure it out ahead of time.
ch1sox is offline  
post #40299 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
WDST speakers don't have a significant null region; they're designed for full 180 degree coverage. Dipole speakers will definitely have the null you describe, but not bipoles (which the WDST speakers are). I have four RS-62II's in my single-row HT and I can assure you they sound spectacular. In fact, monopoles would be less than idea for my rear surrounds since the speakers are so close to the seating.
I imagine four RS-62II's would sound awesome, so would 4 RB-61's in a single row seat. My point was that "some what directional" seems like what the sound mixer wants you to hear. Sounds panning from front to back, or back to front.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
Soupy1970 is online now  
post #40300 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I imagine four RS-62II's would sound awesome, so would 4 RB-61's in a single row seat. My point was that "some what directional" seems like what the sound mixer wants you to hear. Sounds panning from front to back, or back to front.
I have RS42iis in a similar space, with a single row of seating, and they're perfect for sounds moving from front to back, back to front, and left to right (and right to left). The end of Skyfall, with the helicopter gunship circling, is particularly delightful--smooth, seamless, perfect. I'd like to upgrade maybe, because overkill is fun, but they're really quite nice once they're all leveled correctly.
mpirnat is offline  
post #40301 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 07:12 PM
Member
 
jdip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
I have RS42iis in a similar space, with a single row of seating, and they're perfect for sounds moving from front to back, back to front, and left to right (and right to left). The end of Skyfall, with the helicopter gunship circling, is particularly delightful--smooth, seamless, perfect. I'd like to upgrade maybe, because overkill is fun, but they're really quite nice once they're all leveled correctly.
What are your other speakers? I'm worried as to whether the RS42s will be overpowered by my RF 82s, since Klipsch recommends the RS52s for them.
jdip is offline  
post #40302 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Member
 
Nexgen76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Monroe,NC
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm in the process of upgrading my Klipsch speakers so i have a few questions

1) Looking to add some surround sound because I'm going to 5.1 what would be the better surround speaker
Klipsch R-14S or Klipsch R15M(Bookshelf)...Both on sale at HHGREG.

2) My setup going to be Klipsch Front: RF-82, Center: RC-62, either surround from up top(waiting on opinions)....My question which route should i take far as AVR...I have the Yamaha but it seem to not have enough to power my current setup i have now. So if i add these upgrades would it be best to go new AVR or Amp ? I'm open to any suggestions....Thxs

Vizio- M501D
Yamaha-RX-V675
SONY-PS4
Klipsch- F30,SUB12, C20
Nexgen76 is offline  
post #40303 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,216
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
I'm in the process of upgrading my Klipsch speakers so i have a few questions

1) Looking to add some surround sound because I'm going to 5.1 what would be the better surround speaker
Klipsch R-14S or Klipsch R15M(Bookshelf)...Both on sale at HHGREG.

2) My setup going to be Klipsch Front: RF-82, Center: RC-62, either surround from up top(waiting on opinions)....My question which route should i take far as AVR...I have the Yamaha but it seem to not have enough to power my current setup i have now. So if i add these upgrades would it be best to go new AVR or Amp ? I'm open to any suggestions....Thxs
I have Denon X4000 and it have enough power for my set up. I'm Denon guy I love futures of AVR , Audysey and power so for my Denon for sure.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Emotiva XPA-3
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #40304 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Member
 
Nexgen76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Monroe,NC
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I have Denon X4000 and it have enough power for my set up. I'm Denon guy I love futures of AVR , Audysey and power so for my Denon for sure.
The Denon X4000 is the AVR i had my eye on.....I'm really disappointed with this Yamaha.

Vizio- M501D
Yamaha-RX-V675
SONY-PS4
Klipsch- F30,SUB12, C20
Nexgen76 is offline  
post #40305 of 40307 Unread Yesterday, 10:13 PM
Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdip View Post
What are your other speakers? I'm worried as to whether the RS42s will be overpowered by my RF 82s, since Klipsch recommends the RS52s for them.
I'm using RB81IIs as my mains due to space constraints at the front of my room. The RS42s flank our couch on both sides and are only a few feet away from our sitting positions. Once balanced with the fronts they sound fine. Would the RS52 or 62 sound better? Probably, but the 42s don't sound mismatched at all. If you're really stressed about it, go with the Klipsch-recommended 52s. Plus it's cheaper to just buy bigger in the first place than to upgrade later... ;-)
mpirnat is offline  
post #40306 of 40307 Unread Today, 12:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CLEVELAND, OH
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
go with RC62, for the horn size....

XBOX >cata1:mothballed; PS3+4  =  CHiNGOBLiNG   = RUBEN...
YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!!

 

itty bitty MAN CAVE:http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/32536

    has now become>>.. "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER"..click..>http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2341067/the-shoemaker-...


ILOVEMYHDTV is online now  
post #40307 of 40307 Unread Today, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYHDTV View Post
go with RC62, for the horn size....
I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about surrounds, not center channels, and there's a pretty significant price jump when going from RS-42II's to RS-62II's. Besides, I've had both the RS-52II's and RS-62II's and I don't find that there was a huge difference between them.

As mpirnat suggested, I think the RS-52II's will be the right choice for the OP's application and will blend well with his existing speakers.

Last edited by Schwa; Today at 01:10 AM.
Schwa is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off