Klipsch owner thread - Page 1364 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #40891 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Hey guys, just want you to know I got home from Hospital and I have little baby girl. So trust me we will have a new Klipsch lower

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #40892 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Hey guys, just want you to know I got home from Hospital and I have little baby girl. So trust me we will have a new Klipsch lower
Congrats!! and Merry Christmas. sounds like you got the best Christmas present!!
Mattman2 is online now  
post #40893 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Hey guys, just want you to know I got home from Hospital and I have little baby girl. So trust me we will have a new Klipsch lower
Congrats!! Daughters are amazing; mine is the best thing to ever happen to me.
Mattman2 likes this.
mpirnat is online now  
post #40894 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynomyte View Post
Man, you guys are making me nervous...my 3 fronts arrive from NFM tomorrow and I'm really hoping the UPS gods are smiling on me.
I don't think all the damage is caused by the UPS delivery, I think they are leaving NFM in this condition. There's no way this shipment caused the boxes to look so old, these boxes are at least a couple years old, and have traveled quite a bit. I'm really surprised Klipsch doesn't protect these speakers better in the boxes, especially since less than a year ago, people were paying close to $600 a pc. for these. How hard would it be to have foam pieces with another piece of cardboard attached to the foam, that surrounds the whole speaker.
gpa33 is online now  
post #40895 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman2 View Post
Congrats!! and Merry Christmas. sounds like you got the best Christmas present!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
Congrats!! Daughters are amazing; mine is the best thing to ever happen to me.
Thank you guys , we are very excited to have her before X-mas, it was not a original plan but we are so happy she is already here with us for her first Christmas. Should I get her pair of Klipsch speakers to her baby room?

Maybe I can wait , our set up will make her happy, I need to try calming tones played in your living room.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #40896 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
Newbie
 
rynomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Columbia, SC
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa33 View Post
I don't think all the damage is caused by the UPS delivery, I think they are leaving NFM in this condition. There's no way this shipment caused the boxes to look so old, these boxes are at least a couple years old, and have traveled quite a bit. I'm really surprised Klipsch doesn't protect these speakers better in the boxes, especially since less than a year ago, people were paying close to $600 a pc. for these. How hard would it be to have foam pieces with another piece of cardboard attached to the foam, that surrounds the whole speaker.
Is there a way to determine the build date from the serials?

I mean, as long as it arrives in good condition I guess I don't really mind if they're a few years old but I would certainly rather have some new-ish stock than something that's been sitting around collecting dust for who knows how long. I'll post my findings when mine are delivered tomorrow.
rynomyte is online now  
post #40897 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM
Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Thank you guys , we are very excited to have her before X-mas, it was not a original plan but we are so happy she is already here with us for her first Christmas. Should I get her pair of Klipsch speakers to her baby room?

Maybe I can wait , our set up will make her happy, I need to try calming tones played in your living room.
Wait for the new stuff to come out, that way you can justify upgrades by handing down your current setup. ;-)
retro124 likes this.
mpirnat is online now  
post #40898 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
malmstump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Hey guys, just want you to know I got home from Hospital and I have little baby girl. So trust me we will have a new Klipsch lower
congrats retro ,best gift in the world .hope she s healthy and fills your home with joy ...merry xmax bro
Louis Bartay and retro124 like this.

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
surrounds klipsch klf-30 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
malmstump is offline  
post #40899 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
funhouse69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 514
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynomyte View Post
Is there a way to determine the build date from the serials?

I mean, as long as it arrives in good condition I guess I don't really mind if they're a few years old but I would certainly rather have some new-ish stock than something that's been sitting around collecting dust for who knows how long. I'll post my findings when mine are delivered tomorrow.
I was wondering this as well, I got my RF-82's and RC-62 from NFM and the 82's looked like they have been sitting somewhere for at least a few years and constantly moved around during that time. The RC-62 box was in a little better shape.

I got my surrounds (RS-52's) from Crutchfield and the boxes looked like they were printed yesterday. I mean not a single flaw on them and that was after the trip through UPS.
funhouse69 is offline  
post #40900 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Brahmzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Congrats retro! Our first is right at 21 months. She was/is a life changer!

Don't let the lack of sleep get you down - everything is a short phase that will pass quickly. Good and bad. Don't waste a minute of it! Can't believe she's almost 2 already.
Brahmzy is online now  
post #40901 of 40912 Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Soupy1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis Metro (IL.)
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Is it possible NFM has became the outlet for Klipsch scratch and dent boxes and just isn't reporting them as B stock.
Louis Bartay and rynomyte like this.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
Soupy1970 is online now  
post #40902 of 40912 Old Today, 06:31 AM
Member
 
Melquiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Good morning, y'all! I wanted to give you a review of the MCM Custom Audio 50-10890 Heavy Duty Speaker Ceiling or Wall Mount that I bought for $46 on amazon.com to mount a pair of rb 81 iis.

I'm very pleased with these mounts. They allow for a huge range of motion, which was what I wanted. Also, I like that I can mount them using the threaded inserts that come on the bottom of the speaker, rather than a lot of other mounts that clamp to the side and suggest that you drill holes into the speaker. I did have to make some very minor modifications to the mounting plate on the mount -- I changed the orientation that it comes from the factory with, and then I used a file to elongate one of the mounting holes so that it would match up with the speaker's inserts. Have a great day, and congrats, retro!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rb 81 a.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	428665   Click image for larger version

Name:	rb 81 b.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	428673  
PWH1, Soupy1970 and retro124 like this.
Melquiades is online now  
post #40903 of 40912 Old Today, 07:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
Is it possible NFM has became the outlet for Klipsch scratch and dent boxes and just isn't reporting them as B stock.
I don't think so because when I bought mine there (granted in store) they brought out a box that had small hole in it and returned it to storage, just to be safe they said, and got me a new one without me even seeing the first box (I was waiting at pick up and it was taking forever and they came out and told me, (granted that one with the hole in the box they probably send to you guys LOL)). Plus NFM stores have a closeout/ scratch, dent/ floor display (B stock), and returns area that they sell everything it's crazy cheap prices. Great place to get a second TV or other things. So your returns are sold there at a discount I'm betting. But I can ask a NFM employee and see what they say if you like. If they are that would be good to know.
I did work at UPS during college as loader/ unloader, the stories you guys are telling sound like UPS. The don't care what's in a box. they don't treat any box with care. I saw Dell, gateway computers thrown across a truck trailer, stepped on and smashed. They move so many boxes they stop caring about any of them. The drivers are good with boxes but not the hub workers.
Soupy1970 and rynomyte like this.
Mattman2 is online now  
post #40904 of 40912 Old Today, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
congrats retro ,best gift in the world .hope she s healthy and fills your home with joy ...merry xmax bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
Congrats retro! Our first is right at 21 months. She was/is a life changer!

Don't let the lack of sleep get you down - everything is a short phase that will pass quickly. Good and bad. Don't waste a minute of it! Can't believe she's almost 2 already.
Thank you guys, yes she is life changer, we are so happy to have her, still learning and sometimes it is not easy but it will be better and better every day, Thanks again.
malmstump likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
retro124 is offline  
post #40905 of 40912 Old Today, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,046
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynomyte View Post
Is there a way to determine the build date from the serials?

I mean, as long as it arrives in good condition I guess I don't really mind if they're a few years old but I would certainly rather have some new-ish stock than something that's been sitting around collecting dust for who knows how long. I'll post my findings when mine are delivered tomorrow.
Give Klipsch a call and ask them about the serno's. They should be able to help.
highdefav1 and rynomyte like this.

Life without bass is not worth living.
Mongo171 is online now  
post #40906 of 40912 Old Today, 08:50 AM
Senior Member
 
highdefav1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 23
My guess is that they blew out the RF-82II's that they had lingering around, ones that have been moved around the warehouse or even possibly returns that they boxed back up and sold them for 50% off. I wouldn't necessarily say they were B stock and maybe they were returns that when someone brought them home, they decided they were too big for the space and brought them back.

I think it was just older inventory and there is most likely nothing wrong with them. When I received my speakers from Crutchfield, the boxes were pristine, clear detail on the box writing and even when you opened them, the flaps had some resistance, like they hadn't been opened since they were packed in China....ugh China...wish they were packed in AK.

It would be interesting to see what an RF-82II box/serial number looks like if you ordered one now at the full 600 dollar price tag.

Kudos to those who got them at 300 bucks a pop...

Panasonic 55ST50
Yamaha RX-V673
Klipsch RF-52 II // RC-52 II // RS-42 II
Klipsch RW-12d
Klipsch KG 2.5
highdefav1 is offline  
post #40907 of 40912 Old Today, 09:03 AM
Member
 
dkami712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Hey guys, just want you to know I got home from Hospital and I have little baby girl. So trust me we will have a new Klipsch lower
Pics or it didn't happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdefav1 View Post
Kudos to those who got them at 300 bucks a pop...
Woah woah woah, I didn't pay that much. It was $299.99 thank you...
dkami712 is online now  
post #40908 of 40912 Old Today, 11:24 AM
Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkami712 View Post
Pics or it didn't happen

Woah woah woah, I didn't pay that much. It was $299.99 thank you...
And if you signed up for their emails you could get another $10 off. My RC62II ended up being $289 shipped.
05JGM likes this.
mpirnat is online now  
post #40909 of 40912 Old Today, 12:25 PM
Member
 
dkami712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
And if you signed up for their emails you could get another $10 off. My RC62II ended up being $289 shipped.
And if you're extra clever and place two separate orders, you can use two $10 off coupons with different emails. I got 2 RF-82's, 2 RB-81's and 1 RC-62 for $1339.95 shipped!
dkami712 is online now  
post #40910 of 40912 Unread Today, 02:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman2 View Post
I don't think so because when I bought mine there (granted in store) they brought out a box that had small hole in it and returned it to storage, just to be safe they said, and got me a new one without me even seeing the first box (I was waiting at pick up and it was taking forever and they came out and told me, (granted that one with the hole in the box they probably send to you guys LOL)). Plus NFM stores have a closeout/ scratch, dent/ floor display (B stock), and returns area that they sell everything it's crazy cheap prices. Great place to get a second TV or other things. So your returns are sold there at a discount I'm betting. But I can ask a NFM employee and see what they say if you like. If they are that would be good to know.
I did work at UPS during college as loader/ unloader, the stories you guys are telling sound like UPS. The don't care what's in a box. they don't treat any box with care. I saw Dell, gateway computers thrown across a truck trailer, stepped on and smashed. They move so many boxes they stop caring about any of them. The drivers are good with boxes but not the hub workers.
How did the boxes look for the 2nd ones they brought out, besides not having holes, was the box old looking or newer looking? I think the bad ones are put aside to be shipped out, probably figure we won't go through the trouble of returning them. I returned one already, should get the new one Friday or Monday, if it's bad again, I'll just keep on returning them till I get a good one.
gpa33 is online now  
post #40911 of 40912 Unread Today, 02:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdefav1 View Post
My guess is that they blew out the RF-82II's that they had lingering around, ones that have been moved around the warehouse or even possibly returns that they boxed back up and sold them for 50% off. I wouldn't necessarily say they were B stock and maybe they were returns that when someone brought them home, they decided they were too big for the space and brought them back.

I think it was just older inventory and there is most likely nothing wrong with them. When I received my speakers from Crutchfield, the boxes were pristine, clear detail on the box writing and even when you opened them, the flaps had some resistance, like they hadn't been opened since they were packed in China....ugh China...wish they were packed in AK.

It would be interesting to see what an RF-82II box/serial number looks like if you ordered one now at the full 600 dollar price tag.

Kudos to those who got them at 300 bucks a pop...
Mine were definitely never opened, the tape was so old, it was starting to tear. I don't think they could sell returns and mark them as new. I do agree they are older stock from all over the country, and they just want to get rid of them.
Kind of wish I paid the extra and got them from somewhere else like Crutchfield, at least I would know they weren't banged around for a couple years.
gpa33 is online now  
post #40912 of 40912 Unread Today, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,046
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 759
You do get what you pay for.
Mongo171 is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off