Klipsch owner thread - Page 1364 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #40891 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Hey guys, just want you to know I got home from Hospital and I have little baby girl. So trust me we will have a new Klipsch lower

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40892 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Hey guys, just want you to know I got home from Hospital and I have little baby girl. So trust me we will have a new Klipsch lower
Congrats!! and Merry Christmas. sounds like you got the best Christmas present!!
post #40893 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Congrats!! Daughters are amazing; mine is the best thing to ever happen to me.
Mattman2 likes this.
post #40894 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynomyte View Post
Man, you guys are making me nervous...my 3 fronts arrive from NFM tomorrow and I'm really hoping the UPS gods are smiling on me.
I don't think all the damage is caused by the UPS delivery, I think they are leaving NFM in this condition. There's no way this shipment caused the boxes to look so old, these boxes are at least a couple years old, and have traveled quite a bit. I'm really surprised Klipsch doesn't protect these speakers better in the boxes, especially since less than a year ago, people were paying close to $600 a pc. for these. How hard would it be to have foam pieces with another piece of cardboard attached to the foam, that surrounds the whole speaker.
post #40895 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman2 View Post
Congrats!! and Merry Christmas. sounds like you got the best Christmas present!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
Congrats!! Daughters are amazing; mine is the best thing to ever happen to me.
Thank you guys , we are very excited to have her before X-mas, it was not a original plan but we are so happy she is already here with us for her first Christmas. Should I get her pair of Klipsch speakers to her baby room?

Maybe I can wait , our set up will make her happy, I need to try calming tones played in your living room.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #40896 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa33 View Post
I don't think all the damage is caused by the UPS delivery, I think they are leaving NFM in this condition. There's no way this shipment caused the boxes to look so old, these boxes are at least a couple years old, and have traveled quite a bit. I'm really surprised Klipsch doesn't protect these speakers better in the boxes, especially since less than a year ago, people were paying close to $600 a pc. for these. How hard would it be to have foam pieces with another piece of cardboard attached to the foam, that surrounds the whole speaker.
Is there a way to determine the build date from the serials?

I mean, as long as it arrives in good condition I guess I don't really mind if they're a few years old but I would certainly rather have some new-ish stock than something that's been sitting around collecting dust for who knows how long. I'll post my findings when mine are delivered tomorrow.
post #40897 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Thank you guys , we are very excited to have her before X-mas, it was not a original plan but we are so happy she is already here with us for her first Christmas. Should I get her pair of Klipsch speakers to her baby room?

Maybe I can wait , our set up will make her happy, I need to try calming tones played in your living room.
Wait for the new stuff to come out, that way you can justify upgrades by handing down your current setup. ;-)
retro124 likes this.
post #40898 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
congrats retro ,best gift in the world .hope she s healthy and fills your home with joy ...merry xmax bro
Louis Bartay and retro124 like this.

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
surrounds klipsch klf-30 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
post #40899 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 09:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynomyte View Post
Is there a way to determine the build date from the serials?

I mean, as long as it arrives in good condition I guess I don't really mind if they're a few years old but I would certainly rather have some new-ish stock than something that's been sitting around collecting dust for who knows how long. I'll post my findings when mine are delivered tomorrow.
I was wondering this as well, I got my RF-82's and RC-62 from NFM and the 82's looked like they have been sitting somewhere for at least a few years and constantly moved around during that time. The RC-62 box was in a little better shape.

I got my surrounds (RS-52's) from Crutchfield and the boxes looked like they were printed yesterday. I mean not a single flaw on them and that was after the trip through UPS.
post #40900 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Congrats retro! Our first is right at 21 months. She was/is a life changer!

Don't let the lack of sleep get you down - everything is a short phase that will pass quickly. Good and bad. Don't waste a minute of it! Can't believe she's almost 2 already.
post #40901 of 40904 Unread Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Is it possible NFM has became the outlet for Klipsch scratch and dent boxes and just isn't reporting them as B stock.
Louis Bartay and rynomyte like this.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
post #40902 of 40904 Unread Today, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Good morning, y'all! I wanted to give you a review of the MCM Custom Audio 50-10890 Heavy Duty Speaker Ceiling or Wall Mount that I bought for $46 on amazon.com to mount a pair of rb 81 iis.

I'm very pleased with these mounts. They allow for a huge range of motion, which was what I wanted. Also, I like that I can mount them using the threaded inserts that come on the bottom of the speaker, rather than a lot of other mounts that clamp to the side and suggest that you drill holes into the speaker. I did have to make some very minor modifications to the mounting plate on the mount -- I changed the orientation that it comes from the factory with, and then I used a file to elongate one of the mounting holes so that it would match up with the speaker's inserts. Have a great day, and congrats, retro!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rb 81 a.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	428665   Click image for larger version

Name:	rb 81 b.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	428673  
Soupy1970 and retro124 like this.
post #40903 of 40904 Unread Today, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
Is it possible NFM has became the outlet for Klipsch scratch and dent boxes and just isn't reporting them as B stock.
I don't think so because when I bought mine there (granted in store) they brought out a box that had small hole in it and returned it to storage, just to be safe they said, and got me a new one without me even seeing the first box (I was waiting at pick up and it was taking forever and they came out and told me, (granted that one with the hole in the box they probably send to you guys LOL)). Plus NFM stores have a closeout/ scratch, dent/ floor display (B stock), and returns area that they sell everything it's crazy cheap prices. Great place to get a second TV or other things. So your returns are sold there at a discount I'm betting. But I can ask a NFM employee and see what they say if you like. If they are that would be good to know.
I did work at UPS during college as loader/ unloader, the stories you guys are telling sound like UPS. The don't care what's in a box. they don't treat any box with care. I saw Dell, gateway computers thrown across a truck trailer, stepped on and smashed. They move so many boxes they stop caring about any of them. The drivers are good with boxes but not the hub workers.
Soupy1970 likes this.
post #40904 of 40904 Unread Today, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
congrats retro ,best gift in the world .hope she s healthy and fills your home with joy ...merry xmax bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
Congrats retro! Our first is right at 21 months. She was/is a life changer!

Don't let the lack of sleep get you down - everything is a short phase that will pass quickly. Good and bad. Don't waste a minute of it! Can't believe she's almost 2 already.
Thank you guys, yes she is life changer, we are so happy to have her, still learning and sometimes it is not easy but it will be better and better every day, Thanks again.

Denon X4000
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page