Forum Jump: 
post #40921 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
Okay with my setup I'm looking to improve my surround sound speakers.....Can i get a suggestion on which way to go...Bookshelf or Surround ?
Haha we have been debating this over and over... Look back and you will see Soupy1970 and I have chatted about this A LOT.

I would ask what set up are you going for? 5.1, 5.1.4, 7.1, etc.

5.1 I would suggest surround.
Soupy1970 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40922 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman2 View Post
Haha we have been debating this over and over... Look back and you will see Soupy1970 and I have chatted about this A LOT.

To be honest right now 5.1.....But waiting to see what CES hold for Klipsch Atmos solution, Klipsch rumor to have a addon upward firing speaker.

Silver Ticket 120" Projector Screen Grey Material /Benq-w1070 Projector/ Sony- PS4/PS3/Yamaha- RX-V675(upgrading soon)/Klipsch- RF-82 II , RC-62 II, Sub 12/Sony-SS-F5000(Surround)(upgrading really soon)/Amazon Fire TV/ Vizio-M501
post #40923 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 763
Quote:
To be honest right now 5.1.....But waiting to see what CES hold for Klipsch Atmos solution, Klipsch rumor to have a addon upward firing speaker.
Then why ask this question NOW???

No matter what we suggest, you wouldn't like the answer.

Go with Bose. Visit their thread for recommendations.

Life without bass is not worth living.
post #40924 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Then why ask this question NOW???

No matter what we suggest, you wouldn't like the answer.

Go with Bose. Visit their thread for recommendations.
Who said i wasn't going to like what you or anyone suggest? I'm just exploring different options. And calm down.

Silver Ticket 120" Projector Screen Grey Material /Benq-w1070 Projector/ Sony- PS4/PS3/Yamaha- RX-V675(upgrading soon)/Klipsch- RF-82 II , RC-62 II, Sub 12/Sony-SS-F5000(Surround)(upgrading really soon)/Amazon Fire TV/ Vizio-M501
post #40925 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I didn't write that.

post #40926 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I didn't write that.
Okay how about let someone else reply & answer what i asked since you have some kinda issue with what i asked...Thxs

post #40927 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

How can anyone answer a question that you admitted to wanting to wait until CES to see what's available? By your own admission, you want suggestions on a 2014 model, but are really waiting for the 2015 models to come out.

It's a question that just wasted precious moments I could have used to answer a legitimate question.

post #40928 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 06:47 PM

Quote:
How can anyone answer a question that you admitted to wanting to wait until CES to see what's available? By your own admission, you want suggestions on a 2014 model, but are really waiting for the 2015 models to come out.

It's a question that just wasted precious moments I could have used to answer a legitimate question.
Dude stop whining like a kid....I never asked you anything now move on.

post #40929 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

How nice it is to block you. Bu-bye!

post #40930 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Any of you guys having problems with the auto on feature on the SW-112?

FOR SALE:
Denon X4000 BNIB
Klipsch RF-82 II BNIB
Klipsch RS-52 II BNIB
Klipsch SW-112 BNIB
Klipsch WA-2 BNIB
post #40931 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
So, my speakers from NFM arrived today...2 RF82II's and an RC62II. The boxes certainly looked like they'd been around the block a time or two but they were in reasonable condition. One of the 82's box had a hole in it and both looked like they'd been opened before and re-taped but everything inside looked untouched. After unboxing, everything looked perfect and the serials on all the boxes matched the speakers inside so, that's a plus! Now I just need to set everything up.
Overall I'm extremely happy with my purchase from NFM especially considering the price. Now I'm just waiting for the RS52II's I ordered to come in stock so I can complete my setup!
Reference_head and Mattman2 like this.
post #40932 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 178
I usually don't listen to music a lot, but tonight my daughter and boyfriend was in the theater room listening to what I think they called dubstep. Anyway, I went down and cranked it up a little, than started playing with the direct feature on my AVR. I was blown away by how much my Klipsch KLF's can slam. The 4 10" woofers didn't even look like they were moving much at all. My setup is in my sig, and you can see I have two very capable subs. I was just amazed that my two mains in direct mode slammed just as hard, and actually sounded better than when played with a 60Hz crossover and the subs engaged.

I think I might start listening to music more often now.
Mattman2 likes this.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
post #40933 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 09:14 PM

My subs are set in Ported Max Extension Mode: 1 port open, and operating mode switch set to ‘EQ1. Maybe Ported Max Output Mode: 2 ports open, and operating mode switch set to ‘EQ2 would be better for music, but still I am blown away how well the KLF's sound playing music in direct mode.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
post #40934 of 40946 Unread Yesterday, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Okay with my setup I'm looking to improve my surround sound speakers.....Can i get a suggestion on which way to go...Bookshelf or Surround ?
I agree with Mattman. Really depends on your setup. For 5.1 you can't go wrong with either one, but the nudge probably goes to the RS-52 (I think your sig, says you use RF-82 as mains). The RB-61, or RB-81 are no slouches either, and if money is tight would be a very capable alternative. If you are doing 7.1, or 7.1.4 than bookshelves all the way is my opinion for one row seating. If you need to spread around between multiple rows than the RS-52 gets the nudge again for side surrounds in 7.1, but in 7.1.4 I am sticking with my opinion that bookshelves probably work best for Atmos. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman2 View Post

Melquiades and Mattman2 like this.

post #40935 of 40946 Unread Today, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I hope nfm does another sale like that last one again soon, does anyone know how often they do discounts like that or if its just a once a year kind of thing? In the same boat as many others and looking to get my rear surround speakers next since I'm only running a 3.1 setup at the moment with my Rf-82 II's and my RC-62 II (will replace the sub with an SVS PB2000 eventually too). I would save up for that beastly PB-13 ultra but 2,000 is a lot to spend on a sub IMO.
post #40936 of 40946 Unread Today, 02:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
Any of you guys having problems with the auto on feature on the SW-112?
I got my SW-112 a few weeks ago and haven't been having any issue whatsoever with the Auto On Feature with a Sony AVR that I replaced with a Denon X4000 and just swapped that out with a Denon X5200 each of them have worked perfectly with the sub.
post #40937 of 40946 Unread Today, 02:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynomyte View Post
So, my speakers from NFM arrived today...2 RF82II's and an RC62II. The boxes certainly looked like they'd been around the block a time or two but they were in reasonable condition. One of the 82's box had a hole in it and both looked like they'd been opened before and re-taped but everything inside looked untouched. After unboxing, everything looked perfect and the serials on all the boxes matched the speakers inside so, that's a plus! Now I just need to set everything up.
Overall I'm extremely happy with my purchase from NFM especially considering the price. Now I'm just waiting for the RS52II's I ordered to come in stock so I can complete my setup!
I could have and sort of did post this exact same thing... I originally went with the RB-81's and the RC-62 from another company (along with my Sub and RS-52's) and once the NFM Sale was posted I ended up ordering the RF-82's and the RC-62 from them and return the others.

My RF Boxes looked like they had been around the world a few dozen times and one of the speakers has what I would call a "Scuff" Mark on the back of it from something that pierced the box and dragged across the back of the speaker (but the plastic bag was fine).. The other box was just as bad but couldn't find anything wrong with the speaker. The center box I thought was ok until I opened it / took the speaker out and I could see all the way through the bottom of it but that speaker was in perfect condition.

So I am debating - do I bother sending back the one RF-82 with the scuff mark on the back? I am not sure I want to take the chance with another one going through the whole shipping process. NFM said they will swap it out, no problem and offered me a $20 store credit if I decide to keep it... Decisions, decisions...
post #40938 of 40946 Unread Today, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post
I could have and sort of did post this exact same thing... I originally went with the RB-81's and the RC-62 from another company (along with my Sub and RS-52's) and once the NFM Sale was posted I ended up ordering the RF-82's and the RC-62 from them and return the others.

My RF Boxes looked like they had been around the world a few dozen times and one of the speakers has what I would call a "Scuff" Mark on the back of it from something that pierced the box and dragged across the back of the speaker (but the plastic bag was fine).. The other box was just as bad but couldn't find anything wrong with the speaker. The center box I thought was ok until I opened it / took the speaker out and I could see all the way through the bottom of it but that speaker was in perfect condition.

So I am debating - do I bother sending back the one RF-82 with the scuff mark on the back? I am not sure I want to take the chance with another one going through the whole shipping process. NFM said they will swap it out, no problem and offered me a $20 store credit if I decide to keep it... Decisions, decisions...
I don't know, I'm usually pretty OCD with that sort of stuff but if its just a scuff and it's on the back where you'll never see it, I think I would just cut your losses and keep it. The next one might be better but it could always be worse.
funhouse69 likes this.

Marantz SR5008
Klipsch RF-82II's - RC-62II - RS-52II's
BIC America F12
LG 55LW5600
HTPC Home Built for XBMC & Gaming
post #40939 of 40946 Unread Today, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
I would think about the future. Do you ever see yourself selling the 82's? If so, it may be worth it to you to get it replaced. However, now that the holiday shipping season is in full swing, your odds of having the replacement undamaged are slim. When I sent back one of my 82's the replacement came off of a UPS rented U-Haul truck...
post #40940 of 40946 Unread Today, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:

Similar situation with one of my 82's but nothing from a damage standpoint. Just a poor QC job.... Its very minor so I decided to let it be and enjoy the speakers. On the OCD scale I have rebalanced down to 4.5 from 10 when I first discovered it.... HA!
funhouse69 likes this.

Denon: AVR X1000
Klipsch: RF-82 II / RF-62 II / RC-62 II / RB-61 II
SVS: PB-2000 / PB-1000
LG: 47LE5400
Panamax M5100-PM
post #40941 of 40946 Unread Today, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Klipsch S-10 Speaker Stands

Does anyone have a suggestion as to which speaker stands might fit the Klipsch S-10?
post #40942 of 40946 Unread Today, 02:54 PM

just realized I forgot to take the two pieces of foam out of the inside of the speaker grille of my rc-62 II that cover the two ports on the sides. Hopefully it didn't mess the speaker up at all from having those in there since they completely covered the ports, thankfully it was only for a day or two. Did anyone else forget to do this or am I alone on this one?
post #40943 of 40946 Unread Today, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkami712 View Post
I would think about the future. Do you ever see yourself selling the 82's? If so, it may be worth it to you to get it replaced. However, now that the holiday shipping season is in full swing, your odds of having the replacement undamaged are slim. When I sent back one of my 82's the replacement came off of a UPS rented U-Haul truck...
I'm almost positive these speakers are leaving NFM in this condition, that explains the low price. When I ordered my replacement, he said the price went up to $350, but still honored the $300 price. Hopefully since the price went up, the really bad ones are gone.
What was wrong with the 82 you sent back?
post #40944 of 40946 Unread Today, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahthatguy View Post
just realized I forgot to take the two pieces of foam out of the inside of the speaker grille of my rc-62 II that cover the two ports on the sides. Hopefully it didn't mess the speaker up at all from having those in there since they completely covered the ports, thankfully it was only for a day or two. Did anyone else forget to do this or am I alone on this one?
How did that happen? Wasn't the foam pieces inside of the plastic bag? I've had / unboxed two different RC-62's and both of them had the foam pieces inside of the grill / in the bag and not on / in contact with the speaker itself.
post #40945 of 40946 Unread Today, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahthatguy View Post
If you use room correction such as Audyssey, remember to run it again, now that you have unblocked the ports.
ohyeahthatguy likes this.

post #40946 of 40946 Unread Today, 11:13 PM

Quote:
How did that happen? Wasn't the foam pieces inside of the plastic bag? I've had / unboxed two different RC-62's and both of them had the foam pieces inside of the grill / in the bag and not on / in contact with the speaker itself.
for some reason they were attached to the grill itself, I didn't notice them before because I just took the plastic off the grill and attached it to the speaker but I took it off earlier to take a pic of the setup and noticed the two pieces of foam that were covering the ports. Thought it seemed kind of weird
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black