Klipsch owner thread - Page 1366 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #40951 of 40955 Unread 12-20-2014, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 178
I never use the standby on my HSU subs. It's not like those standby modes do much of anything to save power. They are just there to appease the people that think they do. HSU said it will not hurt the subs to leave them on 24/7.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40952 of 40955 Unread 12-20-2014, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
You'll have to let us know how the R-115SW works for you. I don't think I've seen any assessment one way or the other on any of those new subs.
I demo'ed it a bit last night and I was pretty impressed. My theater room is not yet complete, so I had to use a big empty room to mess around with the sub, but I thought it sounded great...especially given the crappy acoustics I had to deal with. I haven't been able to run any EQ correction or anything and I didn't really mess with the XO, but just straight out of the box I thought the bass sounded clean and tight. I am excited to get this project going...I will have 3 rf-82's (2 for my left and right fronts and 1 for my center) behind a baffle wall with an acoustic transparent screen. Then with the r-115sw to help with the lower end...according the what I heard last night...I think it is going to sound awesome.
post #40953 of 40955 Unread 12-20-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 259
A week later, still...

I hate MM/DD/YY. I use YYYY-MM-DD. For one thing, it sorts correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
I think Chad was trying to be clever by using the ISO 8601 standard date format., but it means: 2015/01/06 through 2015/01/09 which when you change the format would be 01/06/2015 through 01/09/2015 which is the CES convention: http://www.cesweb.org/

EDIT: Here is more on it given I'd never seen it written that way but after how we do it differently than the Europeans evidently it's considered legit as well: http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/st...-the-date.html

"There are other forms of writing the date that are considered perfectly acceptable around the world. The most common of these is known as “big endian” form, which seeks to avoid confusion by placing the year first. Hungary, Sweden, and many of the Asian countries use big endian form when writing the date."

post #40954 of 40955 Unread 12-20-2014, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Is there 3rd party data or reviews for the R-115SW sub? Since it's newer I can't seem to find much about it.
post #40955 of 40955 Unread Today, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I never use the standby on my HSU subs. It's not like those standby modes do much of anything to save power. They are just there to appease the people that think they do. HSU said it will not hurt the subs to leave them on 24/7.
I have my sub plugged into a Monster Power MDP800 Green Powercenter. When my receiver is turned off, the sub is powered down. Supposedly it stops phantom electricity loss, but it gives me peace of mind too, letting the sub get some rest.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page