Forum Jump: 

post #41071 of 41095 Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by B 26354 View Post
The SB-2000 would be my choice as well. I've had my SB12 for a year-and-a-half, and my RF-7 IIs for fifteen months. I'm not a bass-head, and I never set my Yamaha A-2010 louder than -10... so I run the 7 IIs as "large", with the SB12 added in. In my 2,100+ cu ft living-room, the end result -- for 5.1 movies and 2.1 music -- is absolute perfection.

Thanks - I honestly just need a little somethin' more than I'm willing to run through the RF-7s right now. I've had a beastly 15" vented sub that vibrated my bawls and that was cool... back in the day. But this is in the living room with my wife and 2yr old - I can't be getting out of hand like I used to, LOL.
Nuthin' drove me more nuts too than hearing the sub "breathing" through it's vent. That was probably a poorly placed/configured POS sub situation, but I'd like really tight, fast, clean and musical this go-around.

Like the others said, I guess I can send 'er back if it's not enough. Or if I get that urge for BOOM again.
B 26354 likes this.

HTPC | DENON 2809ci | Klipsch RF-7II,RC-64II,CDT-5650-CII | Sharp 70
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41072 of 41095 Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
^^^
Horns aren't honky???
Seems they are.

Perhaps this explains why I have pet geese.... and Klipsch speakers.

I must like honk.

Mongo171 likes this.
post #41073 of 41095 Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anybody had a chance to drop by their local NFM to look at the current Klipsch in-store prices? It would be nice to know if they have dropped any of their prices since the last big sale.
post #41074 of 41095 Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Pardon my ignorance, what's NFM?

Regardless of what NFM is, I've not looked. I've not looked anywhere at any Klipsch.
post #41075 of 41095 Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post
Pardon my ignorance, what's NFM?

Regardless of what NFM is, I've not looked. I've not looked anywhere at any Klipsch.
NFM is Nebraska Furniture Mart, They are an authorized Klipsch Dealer that had an amazing sale a few weeks ago (50+% off) of a lot of the popular speakers. I ended up getting my RF-82's for $599 for the PAIR!!!
Louis Bartay and Mattman2 like this.

Denon AVR-X5200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & CDT-5800-C II sitting waiting to be installed for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #41076 of 41095 Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post
NFM is Nebraska Furniture Mart, They are an authorized Klipsch Dealer that had an amazing sale a few weeks ago (50+% off) of a lot of the popular speakers. I ended up getting my RF-82's for $599 for the PAIR!!!
Hey man, how do you like your CDT-5800C-II? Just wondering how good they are?

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #41077 of 41095 Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Hey man, how do you like your CDT-5800C-II? Just wondering how good they are?
As mentioned in my signature they aren't installed in my ceiling just yet. Hopefully by the end of Next week for my Atmos 5.1.4 Setup. With the Holidays and everything I haven't been able to get the time especially since I need to replace ceiling tiles and reenforce my ceiling to handle the weight.

That said I have heard a lot of good things about the 5800C's when added to / used with other Reference Speakers. I think that they are going to be a great addition to my existing setup.

I will certainly let you know once I get them installed. I just ordered The Maze Runner
for testing and already have the new Transformers movie which is Atmos Encoded.
Mattman2 likes this.

Denon AVR-X5200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & CDT-5800-C II sitting waiting to be installed for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #41078 of 41095 Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by russhater View Post
Has anybody had a chance to drop by their local NFM to look at the current Klipsch in-store prices? It would be nice to know if they have dropped any of their prices since the last big sale.
I was there tonight and nothing different then the web site shows in cart prices. 82 have gone back up. Will be checking regularly for sure till the 15th.
post #41079 of 41095 Old Today, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
As mentioned in my signature they aren't installed in my ceiling just yet. Hopefully by the end of Next week for my Atmos 5.1.4 Setup. With the Holidays and everything I haven't been able to get the time especially since I need to replace ceiling tiles and reenforce my ceiling to handle the weight.

That said I have heard a lot of good things about the 5800C's when added to / used with other Reference Speakers. I think that they are going to be a great addition to my existing setup.

I will certainly let you know once I get them installed. I just ordered The Maze Runner
Thanks let us know when you install pthem, sorry did not read your signature.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #41080 of 41095 Old Today, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFGuy_KCCO View Post
Does anyone here have any experience with both the RC-52 ii and the RC-62 ii? I currently have the RC-52 ii because my previous setup did not allow enough room for the RC-62 ii. However, with my new setup, I can squeeze an RC-62 ii in there. My question is: is the upgrade worth it? Will I notice much, if any, sound difference between the two center speakers? Keep in mind that I would use an 80Hz crossover for both speakers and the 52 is rated down to 67Hz, while the 62 is rated down to 57Hz. So, is it worth the cost to swap the 52 for the 62? Will it sound noticeably better with the 62, instead of the 52?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
I definitely notice an improvement over the 42. If you can get a good price on the 62, it may be worth it--NFM just had them for less than the normally 52 retails for and they or another vendor might be able to match that or get near it.

Though if there's any chance the RC64ii is in your future, it might be worth holding off on the 62 to save money for the bigger upgrade.
Thanks for the response, mpirnat. It looks like I am going to find out the answer to my specific question, as I just pulled the trigger and purchased an RC-62 ii while I could still get it at the BF price. I am hoping for a little improvement in the mid-bass right around the 80Hz crossover point.

On a related note, I will have a mint condition RC-52 ii for sale soon.

Monitor: Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / AVR: Denon AVR-4520ci
BDP: OPPO BDP-103D / Tuner: DTV HR24-100 / Media: Apple TV (gen3), Roku Stick
Speakers: Sub: Rythmik FV15HP, Mains: Klipsch RF-82 ii, Ctr: RC-52 ii, FH: RB-51 ii, RS: RS-52 ii, RB: RB-41 ii
post #41081 of 41095 Old Today, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Well I finally had a chance to connect my rc 62 ii and all I can say is wow! Makes the previous onkyo center sound like a toy.
post #41082 of 41095 Old Today, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I'll be curious too. I picked up two pair possibly might get a third for 9.1.6. but I won't be able to install for several month at least. so I'd like to hear how they worked out for you. beefy ceiling speakers-can't imagine they wouldn't get the job done.
post #41083 of 41095 Old Today, 08:14 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pack View Post
Klipsch or HTD for a 5.0 system?
Newbie looking for advice. I'm finishing our basement into a combo home theater and family room, approx 14' x 26', but the couch and viewing area are on one side. In a 14' x 15' area of the space. Help me out people: Should i go with Klispch Reference II series in the 52 line - RF -52, RB 52, and RC 52, or Home Theater Direct level 3, 2 towers , 2 bookshelves and a center. These are both in my price range ($1250 vs $1350). Or would bookshelves for fronts be just as good as the towers?

The HTD might have a 6.5" speaker vs the Klipsch 5.5" - but the Klipsch sensitivity is much higher. That's the important thing right? These will mostly be used for TV/Movies/Football. I will be using a Denon 2307CI receiver and a Dayton Audio 10" sub. These are to replace my hodgepodge of Polk S6 fronts, Cerwin Vega center channel and JBL rears. Overall - looking for crisper dialogue.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Purchased the Klipsch's yesterday after listening to them and Definitive audio products at the local electronics store.(Flanner's) The Klipsch are definitively "brassyer" but I like the clarity of vocals and the dialogue. They sound amazing! I went with 52 center and towers, RS 41 surrounds. ~ $1230 with tax. My only question now - should I have gone with 62's? I'm going to go back to the store to give them a listen.

FYI I was willing to pay a little more for the service at a local store, but found the prices the same as the lowest internet prices (Acoustic Sound Design) The salesman Matt explained to me the Klipsch sets the prices and they should be the same everywhere. Also they are 20% off right now as they get ready to introduce a new line in February. The time he spent with me trying different speakers was priceless. Also I sent HTD my plans on Tuesday, and they are closed until Monday. I was able to hear the Klispch (and others) to make a decision, but not the HTD's and unable to speak with them or get some ideas.
post #41084 of 41095 Old Today, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Quote:
Purchased the Klipsch's yesterday after listening to them and Definitive audio products at the local electronics store.(Flanner's) The Klipsch are definitively "brassyer" but I like the clarity of vocals and the dialogue. They sound amazing! I went with 52 center and towers, RS 41 surrounds. ~ $1230 with tax. My only question now - should I have gone with 62's? I'm going to go back to the store to give them a listen.

FYI I was willing to pay a little more for the service at a local store, but found the prices the same as the lowest internet prices (Acoustic Sound Design) The salesman Matt explained to me the Klipsch sets the prices and they should be the same everywhere. Also they are 20% off right now as they get ready to introduce a new line in February. The time he spent with me trying different speakers was priceless. Also I sent HTD my plans on Tuesday, and they are closed until Monday. I was able to hear the Klispch (and others) to make a decision, but not the HTD's and unable to speak with them or get some ideas.
Usually, we advise people to go as big with Klipsch as their budget allows. There are better returns for the price you pay, but only to a certain point. Most people find bliss with 82's and a 62 with 52's for surrounds. Like I said, it's up to you, your budget and your expectations of what you want your system to sound like.

Life without bass is not worth living.
post #41085 of 41095 Old Today, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
The curtains are just on the sides of the screen (from screen edge to wall). They are the same color as wall and are hard to see in that picture. I made the frames and had the movie posters printed on fabric at Spoonflower.com, you can stuff them with insulation, or even carpet padding. Anything you can put in your room to reduce echo will tame the brightness.

Sound will travel and bounce all over your room.
Thanks very much for your advise. I ordered roxul safe n sound insulation from lowes, once i receive them, I will start a new thread on where to place them in the room.
Thanks for the link, I will look at spoonflower.com.
post #41086 of 41095 Old Today, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:

Congrats!

Did you go RS-41 based upon size, or will they provide rear sound that is good enough? The front ported RB-62 looks great and probably have better sound than the RB-52, but would have thought RS-42 or RS-52 would have been more suited. Maybe is doesn't matter much with rears either, just not an expert myself.

Which sub??

Thanks!
post #41087 of 41095 Old Today, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 769
I think he's talking RF-52's and RF-62's, not RB's.

Life without bass is not worth living.
post #41088 of 41095 Old Today, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxbigpipi View Post
Well I finally had a chance to connect my rc 62 ii and all I can say is wow! Makes the previous onkyo center sound like a toy.
Your onkyo center WAS a toy in comparison.

VPI Classic 2/Soundsmith Aida
Parks Audio Budgie Pre Amp - Budgie SUT - Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse
Pioneer SC85 - Bel Canto REF 500M
Klipsch Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio - Klipsch RC64II - Klipsch SW115
Samsung PN64D8000 - OPPO BDP93
Klipsch Image Ones - Klipsch x11i
post #41089 of 41095 Old Today, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I am still messing with my settings on my RF-82s and my RC-62 and have a few questions.

1) When I ran audyssey it set the 82s to Large and the Center to Small, is that right or should they both be the same? Keep in mind I don't have sub right now.

2) Also when it set the crossovers it set the 82s to Full Band and the Center to 40hz. Is that right or should I change those settings?

3) The LPF for LFE is set to 250hz. Should this be changed and if so will it cause the 82s to put out more bass?

Denon: AVR e400
Klipsch: RF-82 II / RC-62 II
post #41090 of 41095 Old Today, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 204
No subwoofer... and home theater... set all to large.

I prefer to manually set my XO to 40hz-60hz... mine is currently set at 50hz and my sub woofer is handling only the very low frequencies since my front mains are full range and good to at least 30hz. Even with a sub, I set my speakers to large... exactly the opposite of "normal" around AVS.

But that small/large debate is very speaker dependent.

VPI Classic 2/Soundsmith Aida
Parks Audio Budgie Pre Amp - Budgie SUT - Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse
Pioneer SC85 - Bel Canto REF 500M
Klipsch Cornwall/Crites/Aletheia Audio - Klipsch RC64II - Klipsch SW115
Samsung PN64D8000 - OPPO BDP93
Klipsch Image Ones - Klipsch x11i
post #41091 of 41095 Old Today, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman2 View Post
I was there tonight and nothing different then the web site shows in cart prices. 82 have gone back up. Will be checking regularly for sure till the 15th.
Thanks mattman...keep us posted if you come across any further price reductions. I think I have another 30 days or so before the price matching window closes.
post #41092 of 41095 Old Today, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05JGM View Post
Got my new setup up and running and just watched a movie and I am very happy with it so far.

I have RF-82s and a RC-62, however, I think I am already getting the bug to add a sub. I may not have a setting right in my receiver, but the 82s just don't put out enough bass for me. I am happy otherwise and thanks to everyone for the heads up on the great deals at NFM.
Look into SVS, they have some great subs - I know, I've owned all their models up to my current Ultra. HSU is also very good.

Klipsch RF-62 II HT System
SVS Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #41093 of 41095 Old Today, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:

Really depends on your room size, although larger is always better, lol. My room is 20x18x25 and my RF-62 II's fill it, but not the way a larger speaker would. They worked great in my old room which was 17x15x10, just not big enough now. I plan to go to the RF-7 II's! If you have a relatively small area, the RF-52 II's should work nicely.

Klipsch RF-62 II HT System
SVS Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #41094 of 41095 Old Today, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post
No subwoofer... and home theater... set all to large.

I prefer to manually set my XO to 40hz-60hz... mine is currently set at 50hz and my sub woofer is handling only the very low frequencies since my front mains are full range and good to at least 30hz. Even with a sub, I set my speakers to large... exactly the opposite of "normal" around AVS.

But that small/large debate is very speaker dependent.
My AVR sets my speakers to large when I run the auto EQ calibration..... go figure! I always reset them to 80hz.

my stuff:

Harman Kardon AVR 3600

Emotiva XPA-3

OPPO BDP-103

Klipsch RF-82II Mains

Klipsch RC 62II Center

Klipsch SS.5 L&R Surrounds

Klipsch SS.5 L&R RearĀ Surrounds

HSU Research VTF2-MK4 Subwoofer

Samsung UN65F8000 LED Monitor

post #41095 of 41095 Old Today, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardman1 View Post
Quote:

Congrats!

Did you go RS-41 based upon size, or will they provide rear sound that is good enough? The front ported RB-62 looks great and probably have better sound than the RB-52, but would have thought RS-42 or RS-52 would have been more suited. Maybe is doesn't matter much with rears either, just not an expert myself.

Which sub??

Thanks!
I went with rs 41s based on room layout,my couch is only 1 foot off the wall they are mounted on, and budget. I have a Dayton audio 10" sub. Trying the system now upstairs in a similar sized room, but it has a cathedral ceiling. Downstairs will only be an 8 foot ceiling.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page