Klipsch owner thread - Page 1394 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #41791 of 41819 Old 01-24-2015, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Okay i have a guy that going to sale me his RF83 speakers for 975.....I've seen these & thought they was a hoax can someone educated me about this towers...Thxs

Silver Ticket 120" Projector Screen Grey Material /Benq-w1070 Projector/ Sony- PS4/PS3/Yamaha- RX-V675(upgrading soon)/Klipsch- RF-82 II , RC-62 II, Sub 12/Sony-SS-F5000(Surround)(upgrading really soon)/Amazon Fire TV/ Vizio-M501
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41792 of 41819 Old 01-24-2015, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
Okay i have a guy that going to sale me his RF83 speakers for 975.....I've seen these & thought they was a hoax can someone educated me about this towers...Thxs
See link below.

http://www.klipsch.com/rf-83/details

Klipsch RF-62 II HT System
SVS Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #41793 of 41819 Old 01-24-2015, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
That's a fair price for them. The RC64 is the matching center although your RC62II should be fine if your gonna use them for HT

Post some pics when (if) you get them!
Louis Bartay likes this.

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
post #41794 of 41819 Old 01-24-2015, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFDMvsEnya View Post
My experience with Rythmik and my DIY 15" sub has been excellent for several years and has wonderfully complimented my RF-83 system. If I upgrade my subwoofer with a company rather than full DIY, Rythmik would be one of the top contenders. Plenty of great companies to choose from right now for subwoofers.

The power efficiency and excellent sound quality with awesome output from my sealed sub makes both music and movies truly fun experiences.

Best regards,
KvE
It took until I had twin diy 15" sealed subs to appreciate exactly what I had been missing. I had smaller velodynes with which my speakers kept up with so when I actually heard and felt material below 30hz I then understood what a 'true' sub was.
post #41795 of 41819 Old 01-24-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
I for one have the upgrade bug bad. Now I need to decide whether I want to jump to the RF-7 II's or go ahead with the RP-280's and the RP-450. The RF-7's may be overkill for me, but they are future proof - as far as size is size is concerned. Decisions decisions.
I am still wanting rf83 or rf7ii. The new line looks interesting but I have my doubts about the horns matching with my current gear. Not a major for me like others on here but something to consider if you are going to mix lines
post #41796 of 41819 Old 01-24-2015, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
That's a fair price for them. The RC64 is the matching center although your RC62II should be fine if your gonna use them for HT

Post some pics when (if) you get them!
If i get them where does my RF-82 II go ? Front or surround ?

Silver Ticket 120" Projector Screen Grey Material /Benq-w1070 Projector/ Sony- PS4/PS3/Yamaha- RX-V675(upgrading soon)/Klipsch- RF-82 II , RC-62 II, Sub 12/Sony-SS-F5000(Surround)(upgrading really soon)/Amazon Fire TV/ Vizio-M501
post #41797 of 41819 Old 01-24-2015, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
I am still wanting rf83 or rf7ii. The new line looks interesting but I have my doubts about the horns matching with my current gear. Not a major for me like others on here but something to consider if you are going to mix lines
For me it is the rf7 mk2 I want, have rf63 now but wonder how the Rp280 are against these. And if they will match my rs and rc mk2 ht.
post #41798 of 41819 Old 01-24-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveineb View Post
For me it is the rf7 mk2 I want, have rf63 now but wonder how the Rp280 are against these. And if they will match my rs and rc mk2 ht.
The reference premiere have 90°×90° hybrid horns while the reference ii and the previous generations have 90°×60° tractrix horns. I think your rf63 has a 6" horn with 1.75" compression driver. The rp280 is more a replacement for rf82ii, I think your rf63 are a lot better. Different horns and x-overs through the generations dictate if they are a direct timbre match. I am not too fussy and would rather have a slightly mismatched set of good speakers than a perfectly matched set of lower line speakers. YMMV as will others opinions.
post #41799 of 41819 Old 01-24-2015, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
The reference premiere have 90°×90° hybrid horns while the reference ii and the previous generations have 90°×60° tractrix horns. I think your rf63 has a 6" horn with 1.75" compression driver. The rp280 is more a replacement for rf82ii, I think your rf63 are a lot better. Different horns and x-overs through the generations dictate if they are a direct timbre match. I am not too fussy and would rather have a slightly mismatched set of good speakers than a perfectly matched set of lower line speakers. YMMV as will others opinions.
Yes, I know that. But need to hear them before I decide, so hopefully I can do that soon.
post #41800 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My current system...

I will not claim to be a super audiophile, when I was younger for a couple years I was sales manager of an high end audio store and had plenty of exposure to the finest products.

Over the years my system has morphed many times from high end audio (with a Rock and R&B focus) to now heavily leaning towards home theater. I am based around a Yamaha DSP2070 and all Klipsch speakers assembled over time. A B&O linear turntable still sees use. and CD source is a Denon top of the line unit from 15 years back. I recently added a used Oppo BDP-105 DVD Blueray, I really like. A PC is part of the system and I have a Toshiba65" LCD that is now 6 years old and right next to it is a new 39" 4k tv that I use as a PC monitor. The 2070 ran initially though a Yamaha B6 (you have to have used these to understand how well the can deliver power as needed and amazing damping) to the mains LaScalas with upgrade to professional drivers to handle up to 200 watts continuous.

The rest of the speakers 4 KG 1.2s and a KV3 center were handled thru 2 Adcom 2335s. A SW-15 does Sub duty. Also in the mix was and Audio Control C-22 and DBX-4BX, adding a need for lots of punch at times. I was quite pleased at most times with the audio sound quality and the ability take the most dramatic home theater challenges and deliver.

About 5 years back age got the the B-6 and I replaced it with a used 200 watt Adcom to match other amps(do not remember the number). Honestly it never lived up. Lower end was never as powerful and always seemed mushy, and the high end lost something... never put my finger on what.

A couple times a year the main amp., LaScalas, and SW-15 take a trip to the local roller skating rink and are used by a family band preforming there. Again, the Adcom never seemed as good as I would like. Then it did me the favor of having problems. The next band appearance was coming and I decided to upgrade and picked the Crown XLS 1500 (due to an awesome review of the XLS amps)... but, one dealer on line had the 2000 for only a few dollars more. Got it... ran it at home a little and though I could not directly compare side by side, not only did it put the Adcom to shame, but the B-6 probably too. Then Band night arrived and off we went to give a different work out in a very large room.... WOW.... that is it... LaScalas have the ability to fill the large area and have before, but not with this clarity and punch...actually it changed how I mixed the SW-15 in. So now over the next year the other Adcoms will be replaced by additional Crown XLS amps, so my whole theater experience can get this delivery.

I also have a second home and will be creating a new theater experience there. Be assured the system will be Yamaha, Crown and Klipsch.
post #41801 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkami712 View Post
Question time.
My basement "rec room" is currently unfinished with cement block walls on all sides which really sucks. The wall opposite the stairs is exterior. On either side of the stairs are two doorways to the rest of the basement. You can see my current rendition with a wall being built flush with the first door. This unfortunately really limits my space and the RB-81's take up a ton of space as rear surrounds (not a bad thing ). The space is also not very wide which makes things difficult. I really like the idea of using R-5800's as the side surrounds 90 degrees to the MLP because they would be flush with the wall allowing walking room. However, I haven't gotten much feedback on these and they limit the seating options. Option two would be to use RS-52's. Disregard the front stage, I was just playing around with different looks.

So the question becomes do I build that wall and create a true theater room that can be properly tuned or turn the whole 42' room into a theater/rec/chill area? I really like the idea of the somewhat small space with big sound but I worry about future home value. This is my first home and expect to be here a while but not forever, so resale value is of concern as well.

My current setup is two RF-82's RC-62 and two RB-81's. I also plan to add two or four CDT-5800's for atmos

I would probably use the entire room (given what I'm understanding)

That said, my wife didn't like the looks of my speakers and wanted them hidden. Worked well for the back speakers but not the fronts. I said we could easily build a false wall and I could make it so the speakers were hidden but the sound came through. This would have chopped about 4 feet off the length of the room BUT, would have been reversible (key point).

She said she didn't like that idea so today, she's staring at my ugly speakers.

Louis Bartay and cchunter like this.
post #41802 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post
yes your probably right, good for debris but not moisture etc. I've read the enclosure for the Klipsch speaker is actually 18" wide. some claiming its a pain fitting into 16" joist spans. maybe just get some box and fill with insulation or something. I have access to attic-which is new so thats no problem. If they were a bit cheaper but almost $80 each for six of them adds up. maybe order one and see how how it works out. your right its basically only the temperature changes I would worry about- I mean the whole back of the speaker is exposed basically. and it gets real hot & cold in the attic. honestly I'm not even sure how these are installed. before sheet rock I assume?
I threw one of those protectors in my Amazon Cart when I was ordering some other stuff and got it yesterday. They are VERY LARGE and very, very thin so these would offer very little protection for anything other than dust. They are made of a material that would protect from moisture if it was dripping on it but I can say that these wouldn't do a lot of temp change but would agree with what other posted about the temp change, it would be gradual and I don't think that it would really bother them.

Denon AVR-X7200 - Klipsch RF-82 II Fronts, RC-62 II Center, RS-52 II Surrounds & R-112SW & Four CDT-5800-C II Ceilings for an Atmos 5.1.4 Setup.
post #41803 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69 View Post
These are interesting but seem like they are for protection from insulation and debris more than the box which might help with the temp swings you mentioned.

Reading the reviews I would like to see one of these, some people say that are no different than a plastic bag and others say they love them. I might order one from Prime just to see as my speakers are in my drop ceiling but it seems to get a little dusty up there as the real ceiling is horsehair plaster.
That's the route I'm going. I have everything in hand but haven't had a chance to install into my attic. I'm going to ensure that there is a decent layer of insulation above the speakers, which will help with the extreme temps. Just looking for the bags to keep the dust and insulation out. I'll report back when I get a chance to test them out... but, I'm probably a month or so out in my build.

This is the cover I purchased-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #41804 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadA View Post
That's the route I'm going. I have everything in hand but haven't had a chance to install into my attic. I'm going to ensure that there is a decent layer of insulation above the speakers, which will help with the extreme temps. Just looking for the bags to keep the dust and insulation out. I'll report back when I get a chance to test them out... but, I'm probably a month or so out in my build.

This is the cover I purchased-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
this is what I'll probably do to. cover for debris and surround the speaker with insulation to protect from temp changes. I've also hear some use a cheap stryofoam insulated cooler and just stuff with insulation and set on top of the speaker.
post #41805 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'm thinking about re-configuring the layout in my room. The new layout would put the RS-52II's on the back wall 2-3 feet behind the listening position. What is the recommended minimum distance from a corner for the RS-52 II's? What is the minimum recommended distance from each speaker?

FOR SALE:
Denon X4000 BNIB $699 shipped
Klipsch SW-112 BNIB $349 shipped
Klipsch WA-2 BNIB $79 shipped
Sony VPL-HW40ES BNIB $1699 shipped
post #41806 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Could anybody recommend speaker stands for the R-15M's and R-14M's?
post #41807 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
I'm thinking about re-configuring the layout in my room. The new layout would put the RS-52II's on the back wall 2-3 feet behind the listening position. What is the recommended minimum distance from a corner for the RS-52 II's? What is the minimum recommended distance from each speaker?
I just made some measurements and I believe the furthest I could mount the RS52II away from the corner would be about 13". This would give me about a 6' distance to the other RS52II and would let me clear the door swing. The red triangles represent the RS52II's. They will be about 3' from the listening position. Will this work?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 1.08.34 PM.png
Views:	38
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	501569  

FOR SALE:

Last edited by Mk3_wagen; Yesterday at 12:19 PM.
post #41808 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by james9120 View Post
I use VTI manufacturing stands. They are not cheap, but they're well made. You can also fill them with sand if needed.

Onkyo TX-NR818, Emotiva XPA-5
Klipsch RF-7II Main Cherry (x2), RC-64II Center Cherry, RF-15 Wide (x2), RS-62II Surround (x2)
SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer (x2)
OPPO BDP-103D
Samsung PN64F8500
post #41809 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
I use VTI manufacturing stands. They are not cheap, but they're well made. You can also fill them with sand if needed.
Which ones in particular? How do they secure the speakers to the stands?
post #41810 of 41819 Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Which ones in particular? How do they secure the speakers to the stands?
I have silver VSP stands and use Blu Tack to secure them.
james9120 and Louis Bartay like this.

Klipsch RF-7II Main Cherry (x2), RC-64II Center Cherry, RF-15 Wide (x2), RS-62II Surround (x2)
OPPO BDP-103D
Samsung PN64F8500
post #41811 of 41819 Old Today, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I use these for my Klipsch RP-250S and they should be fine with yours: http://www.wayfair.com/VTI-BLE-Adjus...1S-VI1137.html

This one was the other one I considered http://www.amazon.com/DR-Pro-SMS1BK-...sin=B004I1FY94
james9120 likes this.
post #41812 of 41819 Old Today, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Hi Alex - do you have any visibility into which retailers will be carrying the Reference Premiere line in Canada?
Sorry for the late response, I just heard back from our friends up north...

They are just beginning to load Reference Premiere into dealers, but our Canadian distributor (Gentec International) will have a dealer locator setup: http://www.gentec-intl.com/wtb-klipsch/

You can also give the Gentec office a call at (905) 513-7733 and they will be able to assist you.

Full disclosure: I work for Klipsch Group, Inc. [Insert jargon about how my opinions don't necessarily represent KGI.]
post #41813 of 41819 Old Today, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
I just made some measurements and I believe the furthest I could mount the RS52II away from the corner would be about 13". This would give me about a 6' distance to the other RS52II and would let me clear the door swing. The red triangles represent the RS52II's. They will be about 3' from the listening position. Will this work?
I just spent a good part of Saturday wiring my back wall for the RS52II's with the intention of them ultimately being 2' from the corners. Mine will be 9' from the MLP (and mounted so the tops are 7' high) and angled down once I get my mounts built. That said, I've been experimenting with them and I think they are going to work great in that position. Because of the way they side fire, the sound bounces off the walls and redirects to the center of the room and creates the illusion of sound coming from the sides...maybe not quite as effective as if they were actually on the sides but it works pretty well.

The only thing I might suggest is that you angle yours down if possible. How high are you planning on mounting them? Also, you may not get quite the same side reflection effect from the right surround since it's further from the wall but I'm not sure that would really be that big of a deal. If possible, place them there temporarily before you commit and see how it sounds.

Marantz SR5008
Klipsch RF-82II's - RC-62II - RS-52II's - AW-650's outside
BIC America F12
LG 55LW5600
HTPC Home Built for XBMC & Gaming
post #41814 of 41819 Old Today, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post
I would probably use the entire room (given what I'm understanding)
That said, my wife didn't like the looks of my speakers and wanted them hidden. Worked well for the back speakers but not the fronts. I said we could easily build a false wall and I could make it so the speakers were hidden but the sound came through. This would have chopped about 4 feet off the length of the room BUT, would have been reversible (key point).
She said she didn't like that idea so today, she's staring at my ugly speakers.
Haha luckily the house is mine and so far its just a girlfriend living in it and not a wife so there is no approval needed . However, I'm also trying to be mindful of resale value which means the design will have to please other females/wives. It kind of kills me inside not to have the dedicated theater where everything can be calibrated but if it doesn't make financial sense in the long run its not worth it to me.

Quote:
How far apart is your front stage? You'll definitely want to treat your first reflection point for the 52 furthest from the door.

Edit: Or do what rynomyte said ^^
post #41815 of 41819 Old Today, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynomyte View Post
I just spent a good part of Saturday wiring my back wall for the RS52II's with the intention of them ultimately being 2' from the corners. Mine will be 9' from the MLP (and mounted so the tops are 7' high) and angled down once I get my mounts built. That said, I've been experimenting with them and I think they are going to work great in that position. Because of the way they side fire, the sound bounces off the walls and redirects to the center of the room and creates the illusion of sound coming from the sides...maybe not quite as effective as if they were actually on the sides but it works pretty well.

The only thing I might suggest is that you angle yours down if possible. How high are you planning on mounting them? Also, you may not get quite the same side reflection effect from the right surround since it's further from the wall but I'm not sure that would really be that big of a deal. If possible, place them there temporarily before you commit and see how it sounds.
I'm hanging them on the wall with the tops at 6'. I also thought about the right speaker being too far from the side wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkami712 View Post

How far apart is your front stage? You'll definitely want to treat your first reflection point for the 52 furthest from the door.

Edit: Or do what rynomyte said ^^
My towers would be angled towards the MLP and 8-9' feet apart.

I currently have the front speakers in the front of the room (14' wall by the french doors). The problem is that I'm planning on installing a projector soon and due to the doors swinging into the room, I can only fit about a 100" screen. Otherwise the speakers would need to be spaced further apart and I wouldn't be able to open the door all the way. Anything over 100" would look crowded in between the towers. I'll probably just leave everything at the front of the room since I'd rather have the surrounds on the side walls instead of a back wall.

FOR SALE:
post #41816 of 41819 Old Today, 09:48 AM

Got the system hooked up today in the new house and I am a happy man!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image (3).jpg
Views:	18
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	503801  
Mk3_wagen likes this.

Harman Kardon 3700
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RB-51 II
Klipsch RC-52 II
Klipsch SS-1's
Klipsch R-112SW
post #41817 of 41819 Old Today, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
Love the art. I'm super obsessive compulsive about distances and alignment, so doing what you did with the artwork and the HT alignment would probably have done me in. Nice look.

OPPO BDP-103D
Samsung PN64F8500
post #41818 of 41819 Old Today, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
Very nice! Would you mind if we used it on our social media accounts?

Full disclosure: I work for Klipsch Group, Inc. [Insert jargon about how my opinions don't necessarily represent KGI.]
post #41819 of 41819 Unread Today, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
Love the art. I'm super obsessive compulsive about distances and alignment, so doing what you did with the artwork and the HT alignment would probably have done me in. Nice look.
Haha! That was my first reaction..."sweet setup...holy **** the Dave Mathews picture isn't even...omg they are all different sizes....ahhhhhh!" It would drive me crazy but it still looks cool
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page