Forum Jump: 
post #41851 of 41870 Unread 01-27-2015, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
I believe my RC-62 II is fine, but my RF-62 II's are just a tad small and would probably be okay with the RF-82 II's. But, go big or go home right? So, RF-7 II's are probably in my future. Im actually surprised how good my system sounds in this behemoth of a space - while it was being built I had many a nightmare about how it would sound.

I also added an XPA-5, and besides peace of mind and maybe a bit of the placebo effect, I can't say it makes much difference - just helps to future proof my system if I go to some power hungry speakers.

I just bought the 82ii's on Halloween, no way I would upgrade right now(wife would kill me). I think maybe when Klipsch comes out with the new rf7's and 64 I'd change out my front sound stage and drop the 82ii's to the rear, which would just be ridiculous, but why the hell not, right, go big or go home
Louis Bartay and Taifur like this.

Harman Kardon 3700
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RB-51 II
Klipsch RC-52 II
Klipsch SS-1's
Klipsch R-112SW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41852 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
From the specs you wrote, it looks like 95W/ch 2 channels driven. The amp will run out of gas (read: blown speakers) before the speakers go at full blast.
what will be the solution. please suggest me something cz I have already lost 3 Harman Kardon sat30 speakers. As Im new to this Home theater thing. I dont know much about how to mix better. Do i need to use higher power speakers or higher power AV ?

attached the spec screen shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	507602  
post #41853 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taifur View Post
what will be the solution. please suggest me something cz I have already lost 3 Harman Kardon sat30 speakers. As Im new to this Home theater thing. I dont know much about how to mix better. Do i need to use higher power speakers or higher power AV ?

The perfect combination is to have the amp output more than the speaker is rated for. You want to make sure the speaker is receiving CLEAN power. Can always turn it down.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
post #41854 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Nope, they're 8 ohms nominal. They may dip below 8 ohms at certain frequencies, but almost any decent receiver can drive them to obscene volume levels without issue.
Everyone repeat after Schwa: NOMINAL IMPEDANCE.

A speaker can go from 2-16 Ohms at certain freqs. But, NOMINALLY, they are rated at 8 Ohms.
Tom Riddle likes this.

post #41855 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 08:43 AM

Quote:
The perfect combination is to have the amp output more than the speaker is rated for. You want to make sure the speaker is receiving CLEAN power. Can always turn it down.
that means if i have 120 watts per channel output from av need to use speakers which has less then 120watts max power right ?
post #41856 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
that means if i have 120 watts per channel output from av need to use speakers which has less then 120watts max power right ?
You have to be careful with AVR's. They usually drop power significantly the more speakers it has to push. Take your 120W/ch AVR. You might have 80W/ch with 5 speakers playing. It doesn't matter what the speakers are rated at. When you want it to go louder, it will start outputting distortion to the speakers.

Most Klipsch speakers are rated around 100Watts RMS, 300Watts Peak, let's say. A 200W/ch amp or AVR would work nicely. It's better to overpower than to underpower.
Louis Bartay, Taifur and Taifur like this.

post #41857 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Quote:

Unless your room is the size of a super walmart or you like to listen at 120dbs your AVR will have plenty of power for your Klipsch setup.

My AVR is rated at 45 watts/channel and it easily can drive me out of the room it I want to.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #41858 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Quote:

Unless your room is the size of a super walmart or you like to listen at 120dbs your AVR will have plenty of power for your Klipsch setup.

My AVR is rated at 45 watts/channel and it easily can drive me out of the room it I want to.
He stated in his first post about blasting his system.
post #41859 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Quote:

thanks alot for ur suggestion. I already ve Klipsch RC-62 II centre planning to get these as front speaker. i almost ordered Klipsch RB-81 II for front but after ur suggestion I might go for KLIPSCH R-15M. you saved my $.. thank you thanks alot
post #41860 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
thanks alot for ur suggestion. I already ve Klipsch RC-62 II centre planning to get these as front speaker. i almost ordered Klipsch RB-81 II for front but after ur suggestion I might go for KLIPSCH R-15M. you saved my $.. thank you thanks alot
I had the R-15M in my bedroom for about 72hrs and I hated them. If these are the ones they have at best buy, I wasn't a fan. They feel cheap. Something with that new finish rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't like the sound of them. I took them back and put my old quints back in play. I just added the RB51s last week and they are much better than then R-15M in my opinion.
post #41861 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Quote:

I used to have Harman Kardon HKTS 65 5.1 system which was damaged using the av at full. the spec doesn't mention the continues and peak power. do think I lost them due to the less power output of my AV?
Also what do think If I use KLIPSCH R-15M with full load will it be ok? Please recommend the best matching Klipsch bookshelf or Floorstanding for my Onkyo 636

Harman Kardon SAT-TS60 Spec:

Midrange Transducer: Dual 3" (75mm) honeycomb flat-diaphragm drivers, video-shielde

High-Frequency Transducer: 1" (25mm) CMMD Lite dome, video-shielded

Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: 150 W

Frequency Response : 45Hz – 200Hz (–6dB)

Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms

Sensitivity: (2.83V @1m) 83 dB

Controls volume, phase, bass boost
post #41862 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I used to have Harman Kardon HKTS 65 5.1 system which was damaged using the av at full. the spec doesn't mention the continues and peak power. do think I lost them due to the less power output of my AV?
Also what do think If I use KLIPSCH R-15M with full load will it be ok? Please recommend the best matching Klipsch bookshelf or Floorstanding for my Onkyo 636

Midrange Transducer: Dual 3" (75mm) honeycomb flat-diaphragm drivers, video-shielde

What are you looking for?

1. The ability to play at Reference 0dB? Which means the speakers can go to 105dB at your Main Listening Position (MLP). That we can do.

2. Or, do you mean turning the Master Volume (MV) all the way over and rocking out? This will blow ANY speaker and/or blow your AVR.
Taifur likes this.

post #41863 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:

If your looking for good bookshelf speakers get the RB81II's. Don't waste your money on the R15M speaker.
highd3f likes this.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #41864 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Quote:
What are you looking for?

1. The ability to play at Reference 0dB? Which means the speakers can go to 105dB at your Main Listening Position (MLP). That we can do.

2. Or, do you mean turning the Master Volume (MV) all the way over and rocking out? This will blow ANY speaker and/or blow your AVR.
Thanks alot for your response. Im bit puzzled cz I never heard Klipsch. Harman Kardon & Onkyo 636 was my first real home theater setup(25by 20 room size). I need to put full volume which is around 80 to get room fill sound which really wasnt enough cz my 12years old Microlab X10D setup was sounded brighter. its not necessary to go at full volume but I just need a volume which ll bring concert like feel. btw Im from Bangladesh (dont know whether you heard about my country or not) can bet 99.9% of our population dont even know what is AV receiver. as a music lover I was always keen to learn more about the latest tech. after completing my student life im trying to save money to get the true music feel. In my country we dont ve dedicated store for these stuffs. I need to import this from US or UK and shipping charge, duty costs lot more then the price of speaker its self. like a 500$ speaker with 15kg weight costs me around 770$ .

last 2 things I would like to know from you is if i get 100 watts floor-standing speaker will it sound brighter than a 100 watts bookshelf one? Which speaker will sound brighter Klipsch RF-52 II( 100W RMS / 400W Peak) or Klipsch RB-81 II (150W RMS / 600W Peak)? I know floorstanding has higher Bass but Im talking about overall sound level dB

Last edited by Taifur; Yesterday at 08:29 PM.
post #41865 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbatc View Post
Amazon has got the sub12hg on sale for $199 again in case any is interested.
Are these any good? I'm looking to get a new sub and have narrowed it down to the svs pb 1000, 2 Polk audio psw 505's, or the premiere acoustic pa 150. Which 1 do you guys think is the best?
post #41866 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxbigpipi View Post
Are these any good? I'm looking to get a new sub and have narrowed it down to the svs pb 1000, 2 Polk audio psw 505's, or the premiere acoustic pa 150. Which 1 do you guys think is the best?
Any SVS subs will be much better choice over Klipsch 12hg sub. You also pay more but there is no more boom boom sub. Can't comment on other subs never have a chance to listen them. But I also never hear any positive about those. If you can and your budget is ok go with SVS because no matter what you choice it is jackpot win always ;-)

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #41867 of 41870 Unread Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
If your looking for good bookshelf speakers get the RB81II's. Don't waste your money on the R15M speaker.
+1 for the RB-81II. I'm using them as my mains right now and really liking them, plus they're matched to the RC-62II that you already have (unlike those R-15Ms).
Taifur likes this.
post #41868 of 41870 Unread Today, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Any SVS subs will be much better choice over Klipsch 12hg sub. You also pay more but there is no more boom boom sub. Can't comment on other subs never have a chance to listen them. But I also never hear any positive about those. If you can and your budget is ok go with SVS because no matter what you choice it is jackpot win always ;-)
For three times the cost the SVS had damned well be better than the Klipsch! Given its modest cost, the Sub-12 isn't a bad sub at all. I've got one in my workout room paired with two Synergy B-3's and I've been very pleased with it.

Here's a CNet review of the Klipsch and you'll see it received a favorable review. Sure, the SVS will be better, but for $200 you could do a lot worse than the Klipsch.
post #41869 of 41870 Unread Today, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 76
What's the biggest difference (sonically), going from the Icon/Synergy-style surround speaker, where you have one woofer facing the listening position, with the tweeters angled 45 degrees, compared to the Reference-style surround speaker, where both the woofers + tweeters are angled at 45 degrees? My surround speakers are placed on the side walls, near the rear corner, if that makes a difference.

I'm replacing my front LCR Icon V's with Reference Premiere speakers, and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to just change everything at once.

Last edited by tezster; Today at 07:24 AM. Reason: typos
post #41870 of 41870 Unread Today, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
For three times the cost the SVS had damned well be better than the Klipsch! Given its modest cost, the Sub-12 isn't a bad sub at all. I've got one in my workout room paired with two Synergy B-3's and I've been very pleased with it.

Here's a CNet review of the Klipsch and you'll see it received a favorable review. Sure, the SVS will be better, but for $200 you could do a lot worse than the Klipsch.
I had that Klipsch sub for a long time so I know it pretty well. I said there you pay more for SVS and if budget is ok go with SVS. $200 for that Klipsch sub is a nice price.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page