post #41881 of 41897 Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Tomorrow is my Birthday (not really, but getting myself a present, anyway!).

I would like to make one (1) phone call and get a pair of RS-62 II's. I'm not much of a haggler.

Who should I be calling to get the best price?
Acoustic Sound Design quoted me 799.00. You might get a better deal elsewhere. Try OneCall but you have to call these places in order to get a decent price. Good luck! Hopefully you can run into a deal I got for mine which was 550.00 but that was purely luck. I would also try AVS they might do better.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41882 of 41897 Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Quote:

I would like to make one (1) phone call and get a pair of RS-62 II's. I'm not much of a haggler.

Acoustic Sound Design quoted me 799.00. You might get a better deal elsewhere. Try OneCall but you have to call these places in order to get a decent price. Good luck! Hopefully you can run into a deal I got for mine which was 550.00 but that was purely luck. I would also try AVS they might do better.
Thnx for the input. I actually called AVS last month and was told they no longer will be selling Klipsch.
Louis Bartay and cchunter like this.
post #41883 of 41897 Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum here and fairly new to the audio game in general (though I've done a lot of research lately). I was wondering what the key differences between the r28f, the rp280f, and the rf82 ii are, and why/how those differences matter. I see they've got the same size tweeters and woofers, same power handling, and same sensitivity. I also see the rf82 has a lower crossover, the rp280 has the largest range, and the r28 uses aluminum instead of titanium for the tweeter. I assume there are also differences in the horns, such as size and design.

So what would these differences amount to in reality, and what in the engineering of the speaker accounts for the differences? Why does the rp280 get deeper than the other two? How do the tweeter material and horn shape/size affect the sound? How does the placement of the ports on the front vs back affect sound? Why does the rf82 have a lower crossover and what difference does that make to the sound? And are the woofers different between the models? I see people say the rf82s are superior to the r28s--what makes them superior?

Thanks for any and all help!
post #41884 of 41897 Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrase-r View Post
I've gotten all of mine from Walts TV in Arizona. There posted prices are good, but if you call or email they always go lower. I know they want to move some of the old inventory, so you'll maybe get a good deal. I just checked there website and the RF-82 II are only $80 more then the 62's
He's after the RS-62II's.

I'd go with either Sound Distributors or Acoustic Sound Design.
post #41885 of 41897 Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Considering the original MSRP on these was $600/each I'd be pretty satisfied with that (which amounts to $400 each). But given the current "regular" pricing of $480 each you might be able to do better.

I might be looking to pick up another set of RS-62II's myself so I'm curious to hear the best price you find. Keep us posted!
post #41886 of 41897 Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum here and fairly new to the audio game in general (though I've done a lot of research lately). I was wondering what the key differences between the r28f, the rp280f, and the rf82 ii are, and why/how those differences matter. I see they've got the same size tweeters and woofers, same power handling, and same sensitivity. I also see the rf82 has a lower crossover, the rp280 has the largest range, and the r28 uses aluminum instead of titanium for the tweeter. I assume there are also differences in the horns, such as size and design.

So what would these differences amount to in reality, and what in the engineering of the speaker accounts for the differences? Why does the rp280 get deeper than the other two? How do the tweeter material and horn shape/size affect the sound? How does the placement of the ports on the front vs back affect sound? Why does the rf82 have a lower crossover and what difference does that make to the sound? And are the woofers different between the models? I see people say the rf82s are superior to the r28s--what makes them superior?

Thanks for any and all help!
The R28s are replacement for the Best Buy only Icon (I think) line. They are pretty much the same as what they replaced other than the color of the woofers and I've read the vinyl wrap is nicer. Some really like them for the price, especially when on sale.

The RF82IIs are now discontinued and replaced by the new RP280. The Refernce II line was the top Klipsch (non Heritage/Palladium) line. The Reference II speakers up through the RF82 have been replaced by the new Reference Premium line.

If we are to believe the Klipsch press materials they should be a better speaker than what they replaced, at least in some ways.

That said, with the current prices on the Reference II line, that would by my choice. If you like the Klipsch signature sound.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #41887 of 41897 Unread Today, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys just have a few questions, recently bought a pair of rf 42 ii and a r12sw sub, so I have a few questions regarding that setup.
1.i got each rf 42 ii for 100 bucks a piece, and the sub for 314. I know the sub sometimes goes for lower, but oh well. Did I get a good deal on the speakers?
2. What do you guys recommend for crossover setting for these guys? I currently have receiver LFE setting to 120, the rf's set to small and filtered at 60hz, and the subwoofer knob set to 100hz. Opinions? Recommendations?
3. On this r12sw, would I benefit from switching to a y cable? Why or why not?

Thank you so much for your time
post #41888 of 41897 Unread Today, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
Hi guys just have a few questions, recently bought a pair of rf 42 ii and a r12sw sub, so I have a few questions regarding that setup.
1.i got each rf 42 ii for 100 bucks a piece, and the sub for 314. I know the sub sometimes goes for lower, but oh well. Did I get a good deal on the speakers?
2. What do you guys recommend for crossover setting for these guys? I currently have receiver LFE setting to 120, the rf's set to small and filtered at 60hz, and the subwoofer knob set to 100hz. Opinions? Recommendations?
3. On this r12sw, would I benefit from switching to a y cable? Why or why not?

Thank you so much for your time
1. Yeah, that is a good price for NIB. Since the RP are almost on the shelves, sellers will be making room and discounting the Reference II line.

2. Usually, XO on the sub from the AVR, you can start with 80hz and adjust from there. Do you have an audio calibration with your receiver? Definitely keep the small setting for your RF's. The setting on the sub should be maxed out. And then basically your receiver will direct all sound lower than 80hz, give or take, to your sub.

3. I just use a straight RCA cable on my receiver/sub hookup, not sure what the benefit is of the Y cable.

Panasonic 55ST50
Yamaha RX-V673
Klipsch RF-52 II // RC-52 II // RS-42 II
Klipsch RW-12d
Klipsch KG 2.5
post #41889 of 41897 Unread Today, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Some people use a y-connector on the RCA inputs to the sub for extra signal for waking the sub up.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
post #41890 of 41897 Unread Today, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I posted it in the Reference Premiere thread, but I figured I might as well post it here too...

Yesterday, we put up an article on the Klipsch blog that goes through the differences between Reference Premiere and Reference II, point by point: http://www.klipsch.com/blog/klipsch-...e-ii-speakers/

Full disclosure: I work for Klipsch Group, Inc. [Insert jargon about how my opinions don't necessarily represent KGI.]
post #41891 of 41897 Unread Today, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I'm redesigning my tiny "entertainment" room, and plan on going 100% Klipsch. Here's my dilemma.

I have a roughly 10x13 room. My entertainment system is going on the 10ft wall, and after measurements, I'm left with 21in(R) and 18in(L) on each side of the entertainment system.

So my question is, do I go with two floor standing speakers and no sub, or two bookshelf's on stands (no SATs) and a sub? My room has never been good with sub bass, but I hope this new setup fixes it. I will find out! Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated
post #41892 of 41897 Unread Today, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdefav1 View Post
1. Yeah, that is a good price for NIB. Since the RP are almost on the shelves, sellers will be making room and discounting the Reference II line.

2. Usually, XO on the sub from the AVR, you can start with 80hz and adjust from there. Do you have an audio calibration with your receiver? Definitely keep the small setting for your RF's. The setting on the sub should be maxed out. And then basically your receiver will direct all sound lower than 80hz, give or take, to your sub.

3. I just use a straight RCA cable on my receiver/sub hookup, not sure what the benefit is of the Y cable.
What does XO mean? Are you saying to set 80 hz in the receiver or the subwoofer knob? I am definitely leaving the setting to small on the rf's , but is 60hz the best setting?
post #41893 of 41897 Unread Today, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 492
XO is an abbreviation for Crossover.
post #41894 of 41897 Unread Today, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
What does XO mean? Are you saying to set 80 hz in the receiver or the subwoofer knob? I am definitely leaving the setting to small on the rf's , but is 60hz the best setting?
Yes, XO is crossover. Set the XO for the sub in the receiver to 80hz. Max out the XO on the sub itself. It won't matter, since any frequencies above 80hz, give or take, will be directed to the RF's.

THe 80hz XO setting on the receiver is a general/good place to start. That's where I have mine set at and I've never messed with it.

Panasonic 55ST50
Yamaha RX-V673
Klipsch RF-52 II // RC-52 II // RS-42 II
Klipsch RW-12d
Klipsch KG 2.5
post #41895 of 41897 Unread Today, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdefav1 View Post
Yes, XO is crossover. Set the XO for the sub in the receiver to 80hz. Max out the XO on the sub itself. It won't matter, since any frequencies above 80hz, give or take, will be directed to the RF's.

THe 80hz XO setting on the receiver is a general/good place to start. That's where I have mine set at and I've never messed with it.
Thank you good sir. What about the 60hz setting on the rf's, you think that's fine?
I am also looking to replace my center, since I read it's better for center and left and right to be timbre matched. I'm assuming an rc 42 would be the best match?
post #41896 of 41897 Unread Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Done.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
post #41897 of 41897 Unread Today, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Done.
happy birthday mongo,hope you have a great year dude

fronts klipsch klf-30
center klipsch klf c-7
wides klipsch klf-20 s
surrounds klipsch klf-30 s
onkyo txnr-818
emotiva xpa 5
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page