Klipsch owner thread - Page 142 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4231 of 37289 Old 09-17-2008, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the 10d has a digital eq with some presets with it, other than that they are the same unit. Extra $$ for a fancy eq that will probally not be used a whole lot. IMHO.

Western Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4232 of 37289 Old 09-17-2008, 08:06 PM

Right on, thanks bro
post #4233 of 37289 Old 09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by acevesf View Post

hey stitch so was this just a misprint price at your specific bb store?

Well I'm really not sure I'm really not sure how they make there labels (price card) I know that back in the day when I worked at a wal mart things like that came down from HQ we just had to print them off.. so other stores may have them too.. But I did call a different bb to see what the right price was but they said they didn't have them in the system yet but they had 4 in stock and that they just came in.. So there is luck out there.
post #4234 of 37289 Old 09-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
My dealer called this afternoon to inform me that the rest of my order arrived.
I scheduled a delivery for tomorrow morning 09/18.

Mains: RF-83
Center: RC-64
Sides: RF-63
Rears: RS-62

John
post #4235 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 81
How would a pair of RF-63's go with an RC-62 center? The 64 is just so big and heavy that my current TV stand solution (that I JUST got) won't work out so good - I'd have to build some kind of shelf over the TV, wall mount the TV and put the 64 on the stand, or put the TV ON the 64. I'm also only like 8' from the TV/center.

I know Klipsch recommends the 64 with 63's, but the 62 does have the same size woofers.
post #4236 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

How would a pair of RF-63's go with an RC-62 center? - I'd have to build some kind of shelf over the TV, wall mount the TV and put the 64 on the stand, or put the TV ON the 64. .

These are all things which have been suggested to others here in recent weeks. One guy posted a pic of his TV sitting on the RC-64.

to each his own...
post #4237 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:

...I know Klipsch recommends the 64 with 63's, but the 62 does have the same size woofers.

Size of woofers isn't the only criteria to consider when matching speakers. Others have given their opinion of the RC-62 but keep in mind that the RC-64 was voice matched to the RF-83, has 2 additional woofers and has a larger driver for the Horn than the RC-62.
post #4238 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

Size of woofers isn't the only criteria to consider when matching speakers. Others have given their opinion of the RC-62 but keep in mind that the RC-64 was voice matched to the RF-83, has 2 additional woofers and has a larger driver for the Horn than the RC-62.

Thanks, I read back and saw your and Bill's discussion. Right now I'm leaning towards the RC-62 with RF-63's, just because of the difficulty I'd have fitting in the 64. Heck, I'd probably be fine the RF-62's I was originally looking at, but right now I can get the 63's for only $300 more.

I'd rather have speakers perfectly matched of course, but I have no idea how much difference I would notice and if I'm going to big (for me) as it is.

::head explodes::
post #4239 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron II View Post

Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading B&W CDM2 fronts, CC6 center, solid surrounds, AS6 sub to the following:

RF-83 fronts
RC-64 center
SVS PB13-Ultra

Now here is the situation. I want to do full towers for my 7.1. Would you recommend RF-82's for the sides and rears or would i have to do RF-63's that have the sonic match to the fronts? Money is always an issue but I would like to know what would sound better. If I budget this properly, I can look at a separate amp to compliment my Yamaha 2700.

Look forward to your help.

Regards,

Ron

I have the same setup except a JL F113 sub instead of the SVS. I would recommend the RS-62 as surrounds. I used direct radiating for surrounds for over 10 years and A/B'd directs vs the RS-62 in my room. I greatly preferred the enveloping sound from the RS-62, so that's what I stuck with. You may want to try this too before deciding on towers for surrounds.

-Steve

Steve
post #4240 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post

My dealer called this afternoon to inform me that the rest of my order arrived.
I scheduled a delivery for tomorrow morning 09/18.

Mains: RF-83
Center: RC-64
Sides: RF-63
Rears: RS-62

John

WooHoo! Someone's having fun today !!!

Steve
post #4241 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:

Thanks, I read back and saw your and Bill's discussion. Right now I'm leaning towards the RC-62 with RF-63's, just because of the difficulty I'd have fitting in the 64. Heck, I'd probably be fine the RF-62's I was originally looking at, but right now I can get the 63's for only $300 more.

I'd rather have speakers perfectly matched of course, but I have no idea how much difference I would notice and if I'm going to big (for me) as it is.

::head explodes::

You may get the RC-62 now, but always wonder in the back of your mind if you should have gotten the RC-64. If you can afford it I think you should go with the RC-64 and make it work somehow. Did you consider new furniture that lets you put the center channel just below the TV?

Steve
post #4242 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I just got this new stand (Bush 60" Verona) and the only way to move up to a 64 is to either put it on the top of the stand and move the TV (wall mount) or build a (very) strong shelf just above the top of the TV.

The RC-62 I could fit on the top of the stand just in front of the TV (partially on the TV's base).

I have thought of wall mounting the TV at some point, but I was liking how I finally have everything setup.

'Mo speakers, 'mo problems ::sigh::

I need to take some pics.
post #4243 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srckkmack View Post

I have the same setup except a JL F113 sub instead of the SVS. I would recommend the RS-62 as surrounds. I used direct radiating for surrounds for over 10 years and A/B'd directs vs the RS-62 in my room. I greatly preferred the enveloping sound from the RS-62, so that's what I stuck with. You may want to try this too before deciding on towers for surrounds.

-Steve

I agree to trying the RS-62s, but in my room in a 7.1 configuration I preferred the RF-3 towers to both the RB-75 bookshelf (EDIT: as side surrounds) and RS-7 WDST which I also experimented with. I still have the RS-7 as Surround "B" speakers but I never use them. The caveat to this scenario is that there needs to be quality power going into 7 channels because the RF-83/63 are not 8 Ohm speakers and have considerable dips from what I've read. YMMV.
post #4244 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:

or all of those who have s-1s, s-2s, or s-3s, what kind of stands do you guys use? Any pics?

anyone?
post #4245 of 37289 Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post

Well I'm really not sure I'm really not sure how they make there labels (price card) I know that back in the day when I worked at a wal mart things like that came down from HQ we just had to print them off.. so other stores may have them too.. But I did call a different bb to see what the right price was but they said they didn't have them in the system yet but they had 4 in stock and that they just came in.. So there is luck out there.

afaik its a nationwide issue. however it shouldn't be affecting most stores since they're not supposed to be displayed yet - i think they're supposed to be put out this upcoming week. it should be fixed by then. the only stores having issues are the ones that a) put them out early and b) somehow failed to notice the price was ridiculously off. if you plan to capitalize on this, they'll have to have the tag printed and out and you can hope for the best. a normal price check on a terminal will bring up the correct price ($500 ea.).
post #4246 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post

afaik its a nationwide issue. however it shouldn't be affecting most stores since they're not supposed to be displayed yet - i think they're supposed to be put out this upcoming week.

I read this thread dilligently but missed which speakers are being referred to here. Some member of the Icon series?

to each his own...
post #4247 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
He is referring to the Icon V series carried only at BB, MHT carries the Icon W series.
If your store does have them on display, the correct price is $500 each. The price tag may show as $250, each, which is the incorrect price.

It is up to you whether you want to 'capitalize' on this or not. I know if you are a regular customer doing so could back fire on you in the long run. Both for deals in the future and the employees you are working with.

Yes it is the company's responsibility to make sure their signage is correct but mistakes do happen, and some stores will take it out on the employees.
I know many folks don't care because BB is big corporation, yada, but having experience in retail electronics my opinions are colored from both sides, customer/employee, and my concerns lie more with the ramifications for the poor guy/gal who ultimately rings you up.
Nothing might happen to them or they get put into the boiler, if not fired.

Otherwise go for it, I suppose and cross your fingers.

Off my soap box.

Best Regards
KvE

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shovelling it.

post #4248 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFDMvsEnya View Post

...If your store does have them on display, the correct price is $500 each. The price tag may show as $250, each, which is the incorrect price.

It is up to you whether you want to 'capitalize' on this or not. I know if you are a regular customer doing so could back fire on you in the long run. Both for deals in the future and the employees you are working with.

Yes it is the company's responsibility to make sure their signage is correct but mistakes do happen, and some stores will take it out on the employees.

BS!

It is not the customers responsibility to be in charge of BBY pricing and if they mistakenly put out the wrong price they should take the loss on one pair of speakers and correct the price. ANY of the salesmen I have dealt with in the past would honor the price and gladly want to keep me as a customer.

Insofar as BBY taking it out on the employee--I can't argue that whoever messed up the price in the first place shouldn't be punished, but taking it out on the employee who honors what BBY has an obligation to sell the item for would be in serious hot water, imo.

I realize this is off topic for this thread but wanted to express a second opinion. ;-)
post #4249 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

BS!

It is not the customers responsibility to be in charge of BBY pricing and if they mistakenly put out the wrong price they should take the loss on one pair of speakers and correct the price. ANY of the salesmen I have dealt with in the past would honor the price and gladly want to keep me as a customer.
I realize this is off topic for this thread but wanted to express a second opinion. ;-)

You're right.

I'm probably off the mark.
Now maybe I should go buy a pair. ;}~

Best Regards
KvE

PS Of course if you have prior knowledge the price is wrong and you still go for it, is it ok still? Mmm deep thoughts.

I see I did not clearly mention, or at all, where my comments are coming from. If you don't know the price is wrong and neither are the employees aware, the company is going to have to eat.
My prior post is coming from if you have prior knowledge and still go for it, is it dubious or just fine.

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shovelling it.

post #4250 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

I hate you all

My RF-63's shipped yesterday and the RC-64 ships today. They don't match (black fronts, cherry center), but I could NOT pass up the deal I got.
post #4251 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I hate you all

My RF-63's shipped yesterday and the RC-64 ships today. They don't match (black fronts, cherry center), but I could NOT pass up the deal I got.

They'll match perfectly sound-wise right? So what's to hate?

to each his own...
post #4252 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Ha Ha!!!

Enjoy your awesome speakers, ingrate. Muyahaha!

Best Regards
KvE

post #4253 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogun View Post

They'll match perfectly sound-wise right? So what's to hate?

It's a joke. Like you get someone to buy/eat/whatever something they really like and want, but for some reason maybe they shouldn't have it, so then they say they hate you.
post #4254 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFDMvsEnya View Post

You're right.

I'm probably off the mark.
Now maybe I should go buy a pair. ;}~

Best Regards
KvE

PS Of course if you have prior knowledge the price is wrong and you still go for it, is it ok still? Mmm deep thoughts.

It's still OK. If an employee wanted to help the company they should have called them immediately with the discrepancy. If I am more informed because I know more about the product than the people selling them, I have no problem being rewarded for it.
post #4255 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
If the price ends up the same between the 3x RVX-42 for LCR and the Quintet SL LCRs, is there any reason that I wouldn't want to go with the RVX42's? These will be wall mounted - does the rear porting on the 42's become a big disadvantage in that situation?

The Zen Garden HT - Move Along...There is Nothing To See Here.
post #4256 of 37289 Old 09-19-2008, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Audixium.

I have no experience with these speakers but rear ported speakers need room from the wall...That being said, I just looked up the RVX 42 on the Klipsch Website and it's classified as an On Wall Speaker and is side ported.
post #4257 of 37289 Old 09-20-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:

How would a pair of RF-63's go with an RC-62 center? The 64 is just so big and heavy that my current TV stand solution (that I JUST got) won't work out so good - I'd have to build some kind of shelf over the TV, wall mount the TV and put the 64 on the stand, or put the TV ON the 64. I'm also only like 8' from the TV/center.

I know Klipsch recommends the 64 with 63's, but the 62 does have the same size woofers.

If there's a will there's a way .. LOL here that pic for you from me, I made it work.

post #4258 of 37289 Old 09-20-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogun View Post

These are all things which have been suggested to others here in recent weeks. One guy posted a pic of his TV sitting on the RC-64.

that would be me, The crazy insane guy , One way or another that RC-64 was coming home, and trust me no way your going to mount this speaker on any shelf above a TV, it weigh's 61lbs. trust me ,I was considering putting this above on the top bridge , the bridge weighs around 80lbs dead weight, it has a metal bar going across it inside for support so it won't bow , but weight limit for it is recomended for only 25lbs. , Now I did have the RC-62 on top , it weighs like 33lbs it was okay but now way I was tring the RC-64 ,Plus the sound is alot better below the TV. BUT all this said I'm looking at new TV stands that will put the RC-64 below the TV on it's own shelf.

post #4259 of 37289 Old 09-20-2008, 01:49 AM

Nice setup!!
post #4260 of 37289 Old 09-20-2008, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman6662 View Post

trust me no way your going to mount this speaker on any shelf above a TV, it weigh's 61lbs.

Just to illuminate all possible options, a guy named Latin Man did mount the RC-64 on a shelf over the TV and posted pics of it here a few weeks ago.

to each his own...
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page