Forum Jump: 
post #42871 of 42878 Old Today, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Oh yes I agree 100%. SVS subs looks the best from all online sellers. If I can start dreaming now I wish to have SVS subs looks like R-115SW . Well this is a great example not all dreams come true . That will be a great match for our speakers.
Best I could do quickly with paint
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ultra.png
Views:	57
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	571785  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42872 of 42878 Old Today, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 51
My dealer tells me that it might be tough to get RS-62 II as the supplies are low throughout Europe, but he offered KS-525 THX instead with some cosmetic damage on the bottom of speakers for half the price. I saw them in person and it doesn't seem to be a big deal, but I do wonder how well would they fit with RB-81 II and RC-62 II? I'm using Yamaha RX-A1020 and I'm really not good friends with YPAO. The offer is tempting nevertheless. Could anyone advise or share their experiences with KS-525?
post #42873 of 42878 Old Today, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkami712 View Post
Best I could do quickly with paint
That is what I'm talking about , great job

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #42874 of 42878 Unread Today, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkami712 View Post
I need your guys' opinions. The R-115SW is still available for $608 so I'm looking at duals for $1216 or dual SVS PB-2000's for $1499. Or a single PB12-Plus for $1399. The thought of dual 15" copper cones intrigues me but for some reason it really bothers me that the power plugs aren't grounded on them. What would you do?
For music, avoid subs.

For movie, get the 15in one.

Ungrounded sub does degrade sound quality, but you'll only notice it on high end setups.
post #42875 of 42878 Unread Today, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
Somebody please help me. I cannot find mounts for my rs42iis. I bought some on amazon and they didn't work. Just can't seem to find the right thing. If it's from a local store even better! (Best buy, frys, etc)
I've been looking without success to find a reasonable mount for the rs52 with no real luck. I want something which allows me to angle them down.

There were some options posted but they're too expensive IMO to be worthwhile.

Currently I just have them on a screw mounted in a stud and they're pretty solid.

- Klipsch RF-82 ii, RC-62 ii, RS-52 ii
- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
post #42876 of 42878 Unread Today, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceler View Post
I am using these:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

I have them hanging from the ceiling. I needed to drill out the bottom holes of the larger mounting bracket a little as well as pick up some screws from home depot to attach the mount to the speaker. My speakers are upside down (the threaded holes are at the top and the keyhole is at the bottom) but with the magnetic grills you can't tell.
I got these and they didn't fit the pre-drilled holes and unlike you I wasn't willing to drill new holes.

If anyone wants them for really cheap (basically shipping cost) let me know.

- Klipsch RF-82 ii, RC-62 ii, RS-52 ii
- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
post #42877 of 42878 Unread Today, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkleafar View Post
I'm too squeamish to drill holes in brand new speakers, lol. What speakers do you have? If the same as mine, then the two threaded inserts already in the speaker do not fit that monoprice mount?
I didn't drill holes in the speaker, I drilled them in the mount. As Baloo_Brtu mentioned, the holes on the mount don't line up exactly with the threaded holes on the speaker. By drilling out and making 2 of the holes bigger, you enlarge them just enough to line up with the holes on the speaker, you can then easily screw the mount to the speaker (I believe I used 1/4" x 3/4" x 20 TPI screws from home depot). I have them hanging from my ceiling at an angle pointing to my MLP.

The holes circled in red in the picture of the mount below are the ones I drilled out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MonoPriceMount.png
Views:	1
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	572849
post #42878 of 42878 Unread Today, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by coli View Post
For music, avoid subs.

For movie, get the 15in one.

Ungrounded sub does degrade sound quality, but you'll only notice it on high end setups.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page