post #42931 of 42938 Old Today, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadA View Post
Thanks -- the room is approx. 30' x 30'. Details, including the layout, are in the build thread linked in my sig. I'm estimating that I'm about 3-4 weeks away from being operational.

I'm contemplating building broadband bass absorbers on the side walls (wood frame, 4-6" of OC703, 6-8" air gap, covered in fabric) to hide my side surrounds.
Great job, just finish reading deatails. That will be a great HT room. Just let us know when tickets for movies get for sale

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42932 of 42938 Unread Today, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadA View Post
Hi everyone, I'm finally to the point in my dedicated theater build that I've gotten to open up my (Klipsch) speaker boxes. So I figured I'd drop in and say 'hi' to the community. In the theater in our old house, I had some older Klipsch Reference and liked them so much I immediately went to Klipsch for the new theater:
  • Fronts - RF-7 ii (x2)
  • Center - RC-4 ii
  • Surrounds side: RS-62 ii (x2)
  • Surrounds rear and Atmos height: CDT-5800C ii (x4)
  • Subwoofers - SW-115 (x2)

Powered by an Onkyo TX-NR838 receiver. To be honest, the Klipsch subs were not my first choice (I'm a fan of SVS). But, they came as a part of a package and were essentially free. So, I figured I could give them a shot.

I haven't had a chance to hook everything up yet, but here's a pic. of the work in progress.

The center is hiding up above the screen. It wasn't easy getting it up there -- that thing is a beast!
Awesome setup! You are living the dream.
ChadA and retro124 like this.
post #42933 of 42938 Unread Today, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
Awesome setup! You are living the dream.
Better to say is he is building his dream there is a lot of work behind but worth it.
ChadA likes this.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #42934 of 42938 Unread Today, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I guess I'll ask the question here since I can't find the answer.

Hey all I have Klipsch RF82s, RC52, RS42s, and RS62s

The models probably don't really matter but does anybody know if the holes in the Klipsch speaker binding posts are capable of passing through 10 gauge bare wire? Right now I'm running a measly 16 AWG. My surrounds need 35 ft lengths. Anybody using 10 AWG on Klipsch?

Thanks

Enter all at the strait gate and walk the narrow way.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no one enters the Fathers' Kingdom except through me."

Jesus is the strait gate.
post #42935 of 42938 Unread Today, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass excavator View Post
I guess I'll ask the question here since I can't find the answer.

Hey all I have Klipsch RF82s, RC52, RS42s, and RS62s

The models probably don't really matter but does anybody know if the holes in the Klipsch speaker binding posts are capable of passing through 10 gauge bare wire? Right now I'm running a measly 16 AWG. My surrounds need 35 ft lengths. Anybody using 10 AWG on Klipsch?

Thanks
I'm using 12 on my front & center, using that with banana plugs. But 10 going to be really close.

Silver Ticket 120" Projector Screen Grey Material /Benq-w1070 Projector(for sale)/Panasonic PT-AE8000 projector/Darbee darblet DVP-5000/ Sony- PS4/PS3/Yamaha- RX-V675/Klipsch- RF-82 II , RC-62 II, Sub 12/Sony-SS-F5000(Surround)(upgrading really soon)/Amazon Fire TV
post #42936 of 42938 Unread Today, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just setup my RP-280F with a RP-440c rounding out the LCR. It's being used in conjunction with my old Klipsch Sub-10 and an even older Onkyo TX-SR600. One step at a time, will eventually get there with the rest of the system. First impressions/questions:

-Top notch aesthetics; love the copper look!

-This may not seem like much as I'm upgrading from a Quintet III front stage, but the clarity of these Reference Premieres are amazing. I'm hearing things on re-watched movies that I've never heard before. Moreover, it's not because I'm turning up the volume; there actually is a difference!

-Really enjoying 5.1 with movies. No good music sources, however. I tried Spotify through my smart TV app; was ok, but I can't help to think how a good source would really make these shine. Anyone have experience with Tidal, and if so, how are you hooking it up through your system?

-Am I correct in setting the RP-280Fs to "Large" to let the RP-280F bad boys take some of the grunt work? Receiver crossover is currently set at 80hz, with the sub crossover set to 120hz (highest). What about the RP-440c, "Large" as well?

Thanks all.
post #42937 of 42938 Unread Today, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
I'm using 12 on my front & center, using that with banana plugs. But 10 going to be really close.
I run 12 and it's tight

Harman Kardon 3700 / Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RB-51 II FH
Klipsch SS-1's
Klipsch R-112SW
post #42938 of 42938 Unread Today, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage78 View Post
Just setup my RP-280F with a RP-440c rounding out the LCR. It's being used in conjunction with my old Klipsch Sub-10 and an even older Onkyo TX-SR600. One step at a time, will eventually get there with the rest of the system. First impressions/questions:

-Top notch aesthetics; love the copper look!

-This may not seem like much as I'm upgrading from a Quintet III front stage, but the clarity of these Reference Premieres are amazing. I'm hearing things on re-watched movies that I've never heard before. Moreover, it's not because I'm turning up the volume; there actually is a difference!

-Really enjoying 5.1 with movies. No good music sources, however. I tried Spotify through my smart TV app; was ok, but I can't help to think how a good source would really make these shine. Anyone have experience with Tidal, and if so, how are you hooking it up through your system?

-Am I correct in setting the RP-280Fs to "Large" to let the RP-280F bad boys take some of the grunt work? Receiver crossover is currently set at 80hz, with the sub crossover set to 120hz (highest). What about the RP-440c, "Large" as well?

Thanks all.

I run my 82ii's large with my 64ii at 80hz sub 100, do what sounds best to you in your room. I notice very little difference when bouncing the crossovers for the most part, but the standard is all 80, sub 80. Everyone runs it a little different, but with Klipsch it all runs well!

Harman Kardon 3700 / Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RB-51 II FH
Klipsch SS-1's
Klipsch R-112SW
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page