post #43021 of 43026 Old Today, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
Sold my RC-52 on ebay, here is what the buyer sent me a photo of when he received. UPS must have thrown it like a football. Magnet came loose in the housing
So bad to hear it, those items must be always insured you really can't trust them. That is exactly how looked my PC12-Plus when first one arrived via FedEx. Magnet felt to ground and smesh woofer.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43022 of 43026 Old Today, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
So bad to hear it, those items must be always insured you really can't trust them. That is exactly how looked my PC12-Plus when first one arrived via FedEx. Magnet felt to ground and smesh woofer.

Yea I'm out $100 as it sold for $200 and they cover $100. Hopefully the buyer when refunded will ship back to me, maybe I can part out the housing, good woofer, and horn to recoup some of the loss.

You shouldn't have to purchase insurance. If they damage something, they should cover it. It was packaged well. I wish in my business I could wreck something and only pay 1/3 of the replacement cost lol. I'm a heavy equipment superintendent so I could have some fun! Oh well

Harman Kardon 3700 / Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RB-51 II FH
Klipsch SS-1's
Klipsch R-112SW
post #43023 of 43026 Unread Today, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello fellow Klipsch lovers,

I'm considering a speaker change in the future and wanted to discuss the idea with you all.
Currently my front 3 speakers are Klipsch; RF-3 II(left/right), RC-35(center), and KSW-12(sub), purchased back in the early 2000's.

My brand new house has a media room upstairs with prewired spots for the entire system, 3 wall plates for the front and 2 ceiling plates for the rears.
If I did a switch I'm wondering what models of all the wall and ceiling mounted Klipsch speakers would match or get close to the sound I have currently?
I don't know that I need a new sub, so really just 3 wall fronts and 2 ceiling rears.
I'm wondering what kind of cost a setup like that would run, to match my current stuff being replaced?

And maybe this is a dumb idea too, considering the cost to change, maybe it wouldn't be a good change? I'm fine with staying with what I have, it would just look cleaner in the room, but I have the room for the big stuff as it sits in there now.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback.

Last edited by ChrisMc73; Today at 10:19 AM.
post #43024 of 43026 Unread Today, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
Yea I'm out $100 as it sold for $200 and they cover $100. Hopefully the buyer when refunded will ship back to me, maybe I can part out the housing, good woofer, and horn to recoup some of the loss.

You shouldn't have to purchase insurance. If they damage something, they should cover it. It was packaged well. I wish in my business I could wreck something and only pay 1/3 of the replacement cost lol. I'm a heavy equipment superintendent so I could have some fun! Oh well
Not saying this is the case, but you gotta' watch some of the people you sell to as well. The old switcheroo!
Nexgen76 likes this.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-52 II's, S2
Sub-12HG
Yamaha RX-V673
post #43025 of 43026 Unread Today, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 View Post
My brand new house has a media room upstairs with prewired spots for the entire system, 3 wall plates for the front and 2 ceiling plates for the rears.
If I did a switch I'm wondering what models of all the wall and ceiling mounted Klipsch speakers would match or get close to the sound I have currently?
I don't know that I need a new sub, so really just 3 wall fronts and 2 ceiling rears.
I'm wondering what kind of cost a setup like that would run, to match my current stuff being replaced?

I don't know the model numbers. I don't know that any of them would sound similar to what you have. What I do know is, if I have the choice, I'm NOT going to use wall/ceiling speakers.

My neighbor has some ceiling speakers. She was all giddy about them and rushed me into their room (with something like 15' high ceilings) and wanted me to hear the system.

Turns out the news was on.

It was distinctly odd hearing the voice coming from above. It was almost like God himself was giving us the weather forecast.

She had no in-walls which might have helped.

I guess I'm just old school and my vote would be for a traditional speaker.
post #43026 of 43026 Unread Today, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 View Post
Hello fellow Klipsch lovers,

I'm considering a speaker change in the future and wanted to discuss the idea with you all.
Currently my front 3 speakers are Klipsch; RF-3 II(left/right), RC-35(center), and KSW-12(sub), purchased back in the early 2000's.

And maybe this is a dumb idea too, considering the cost to change, maybe it wouldn't be a good change? I'm fine with staying with what I have, it would just look cleaner in the room, but I have the room for the big stuff as it sits in there now.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback.
I'm not sure of your budget, but the RF7ll/RC64ll combo is pretty amazing. The new line of Klipsch has had good reviews, RP280f/RP450c comes to mind.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page