post #43021 of 43050 Old Today, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
Sold my RC-52 on ebay, here is what the buyer sent me a photo of when he received. UPS must have thrown it like a football. Magnet came loose in the housing
So bad to hear it, those items must be always insured you really can't trust them. That is exactly how looked my PC12-Plus when first one arrived via FedEx. Magnet felt to ground and smesh woofer.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony KDF-60XS955
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43022 of 43050 Old Today, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
So bad to hear it, those items must be always insured you really can't trust them. That is exactly how looked my PC12-Plus when first one arrived via FedEx. Magnet felt to ground and smesh woofer.

Yea I'm out $100 as it sold for $200 and they cover $100. Hopefully the buyer when refunded will ship back to me, maybe I can part out the housing, good woofer, and horn to recoup some of the loss.

You shouldn't have to purchase insurance. If they damage something, they should cover it. It was packaged well. I wish in my business I could wreck something and only pay 1/3 of the replacement cost lol. I'm a heavy equipment superintendent so I could have some fun! Oh well

Harman Kardon 3700 / Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RB-51 II FH
Klipsch SS-1's
Klipsch R-112SW
post #43023 of 43050 Old Today, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello fellow Klipsch lovers,

I'm considering a speaker change in the future and wanted to discuss the idea with you all.
Currently my front 3 speakers are Klipsch; RF-3 II(left/right), RC-35(center), and KSW-12(sub), purchased back in the early 2000's.

My brand new house has a media room upstairs with prewired spots for the entire system, 3 wall plates for the front and 2 ceiling plates for the rears.
If I did a switch I'm wondering what models of all the wall and ceiling mounted Klipsch speakers would match or get close to the sound I have currently?
I don't know that I need a new sub, so really just 3 wall fronts and 2 ceiling rears.
I'm wondering what kind of cost a setup like that would run, to match my current stuff being replaced?

And maybe this is a dumb idea too, considering the cost to change, maybe it wouldn't be a good change? I'm fine with staying with what I have, it would just look cleaner in the room, but I have the room for the big stuff as it sits in there now.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback.

Last edited by ChrisMc73; Today at 10:19 AM.
post #43024 of 43050 Old Today, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
Yea I'm out $100 as it sold for $200 and they cover $100. Hopefully the buyer when refunded will ship back to me, maybe I can part out the housing, good woofer, and horn to recoup some of the loss.

You shouldn't have to purchase insurance. If they damage something, they should cover it. It was packaged well. I wish in my business I could wreck something and only pay 1/3 of the replacement cost lol. I'm a heavy equipment superintendent so I could have some fun! Oh well
Not saying this is the case, but you gotta' watch some of the people you sell to as well. The old switcheroo!
Nexgen76 and Louis Bartay like this.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-52 II's, S2
Sub-12HG
Yamaha RX-V673
post #43025 of 43050 Old Today, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 View Post
My brand new house has a media room upstairs with prewired spots for the entire system, 3 wall plates for the front and 2 ceiling plates for the rears.
If I did a switch I'm wondering what models of all the wall and ceiling mounted Klipsch speakers would match or get close to the sound I have currently?
I don't know that I need a new sub, so really just 3 wall fronts and 2 ceiling rears.
I'm wondering what kind of cost a setup like that would run, to match my current stuff being replaced?

I don't know the model numbers. I don't know that any of them would sound similar to what you have. What I do know is, if I have the choice, I'm NOT going to use wall/ceiling speakers.

My neighbor has some ceiling speakers. She was all giddy about them and rushed me into their room (with something like 15' high ceilings) and wanted me to hear the system.

Turns out the news was on.

It was distinctly odd hearing the voice coming from above. It was almost like God himself was giving us the weather forecast.

She had no in-walls which might have helped.

I guess I'm just old school and my vote would be for a traditional speaker.
cchunter likes this.
post #43026 of 43050 Old Today, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Hello fellow Klipsch lovers,

I'm considering a speaker change in the future and wanted to discuss the idea with you all.
Currently my front 3 speakers are Klipsch; RF-3 II(left/right), RC-35(center), and KSW-12(sub), purchased back in the early 2000's.

And maybe this is a dumb idea too, considering the cost to change, maybe it wouldn't be a good change? I'm fine with staying with what I have, it would just look cleaner in the room, but I have the room for the big stuff as it sits in there now.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback.
I'm not sure of your budget, but the RF7ll/RC64ll combo is pretty amazing. The new line of Klipsch has had good reviews, RP280f/RP450c comes to mind.
Tom Riddle likes this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #43027 of 43050 Unread Today, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptorman View Post
I'm not sure of your budget, but the RF7ll/RC64ll combo is pretty amazing. The new line of Klipsch has had good reviews, RP280f/RP450c comes to mind.
Where are these reviews? I would like to see them.
post #43028 of 43050 Unread Today, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice18af View Post
Where are these reviews? I would like to see them.
There are a few people in this thread that have them and commented on good they sound.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #43029 of 43050 Unread Today, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I don't think you understood my question, was trying to find comparable In-Wall and matching In-Ceiling speakers to replace the current floor standing ones I have. I'm not looking for new floor standings. I just want to "maybe" replace my current stuff with something more of a clean look that will go in the wall. Then add some surround rear ceiling speakers.

Maybe there are not any in wall front speakers to match the sound of the 3 fronts I have already? I have no rear surrounds so I'd just want to find something to match the fronts to give a good balanced and good sounding 5.1 sound.

Thank you.
post #43030 of 43050 Unread Today, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post
I don't know the model numbers. I don't know that any of them would sound similar to what you have. What I do know is, if I have the choice, I'm NOT going to use wall/ceiling speakers.

My neighbor has some ceiling speakers. She was all giddy about them and rushed me into their room (with something like 15' high ceilings) and wanted me to hear the system.

Turns out the news was on.

It was distinctly odd hearing the voice coming from above. It was almost like God himself was giving us the weather forecast.

She had no in-walls which might have helped.

I guess I'm just old school and my vote would be for a traditional speaker.

I can understand this logic, I do have to use in ceiling speakers for the rear surrounds based on the layout of the room and location of where the prewired runs are. But I can easily keep these current floor standing speakers in the fronts and be happy. The in wall would only be if I could match the sound or better, not cost too much, and if I really want that clean look.

I just don't know anything about Klipsch's in wall speakers, I'm sure most would be as good for me as what I have. I'm not a true audiophile. So I'm not extremely picky. If the wall speakers are extremely muted or bad sounding compared to a floor speaker then I'll move along. I just wanted to get an idea of a possible switch and what it might cost and what I might lose or gain by switching.
post #43031 of 43050 Unread Today, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I can understand this logic, I do have to use in ceiling speakers for the rear surrounds based on the layout of the room and location of where the prewired runs are. But I can easily keep these current floor standing speakers in the fronts and be happy. The in wall would only be if I could match the sound or better, not cost too much, and if I really want that clean look.

I just don't know anything about Klipsch's in wall speakers, I'm sure most would be as good for me as what I have. I'm not a true audiophile. So I'm not extremely picky. If the wall speakers are extremely muted or bad sounding compared to a floor speaker then I'll move along. I just wanted to get an idea of a possible switch and what it might cost and what I might lose or gain by switching.
I'm sorry, I didn't catch the part of your post about in wall speakers. I have a feeling these Klipsch architectural speakers would sound great, they have great specs. They might not fill the room with sound like an L/C/R, but would have a clean look. THey even have an in wall sub...http://www.klipsch.com/architectural-reference-speakers
ChrisMc73 likes this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #43032 of 43050 Unread Today, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
R-5800-W II for LCR and CDT-5800-C II's for the rear surrounds. Personally, I would then look into pulling wire for two R-5650-S II's for side surrounds. That will give you a clean looking kick ass 7 channel setup. I would recommend against the in wall subwoofer because of enclosure issues with an already completed room. The 5800's both W and C were on clearance at nfm.com last Fall for $169 each, so that can be a negotiating point. Keep in mind that the 5650's would just be a novelty to kick your system up a notch and I imagine you will be quite satisfied with a 5 channel setup.

PS: Then get two R-115SW's equally spaced on your front wall for that WOW factor
post #43033 of 43050 Unread Today, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFDMvsEnya View Post
That is impressive and cool but how do you use that microwave or get to the glasses.
Best regards,
KvE
It was definitely temporary and about 11 years old now. That area is like an auxiliary mini-bar of sorts and limited access to the microwave and glasses was pretty irrelevant
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post
I feel your pain about things sitting.
Curious, why did you buy the JVC if you knew it was going to sit?
post #43034 of 43050 Unread Today, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeka View Post
Not saying this is the case, but you gotta' watch some of the people you sell to as well. The old switcheroo!

Yea those people are out there and its the risk one takes selling online, but it is the best option for me and many. Like to think it's not the case here

Harman Kardon 3700 / Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RB-51 II FH
Klipsch SS-1's
Klipsch R-112SW
post #43035 of 43050 Unread Today, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
I don't think you understood my question, was trying to find comparable In-Wall and matching In-Ceiling speakers to replace the current floor standing ones I have. I'm not looking for new floor standings. I just want to "maybe" replace my current stuff with something more of a clean look that will go in the wall. Then add some surround rear ceiling speakers.

Maybe there are not any in wall front speakers to match the sound of the 3 fronts I have already? I have no rear surrounds so I'd just want to find something to match the fronts to give a good balanced and good sounding 5.1 sound.

Thank you.
Sorry you will not find the sound from your RF3's with any in wall speakers. Floor standers equals big full sound. In walls not so much.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #43036 of 43050 Unread Today, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't catch the part of your post about in wall speakers. I have a feeling these Klipsch architectural speakers would sound great, they have great specs. They might not fill the room with sound like an L/C/R, but would have a clean look. THey even have an in wall sub...http://www.klipsch.com/architectural-reference-speakers
My brother bought these after listening to my Klipsch setup (and being blown away). His GF wouldn't accept big bulky speakers (even bookshelf), so this was his best option. I haven't listened to his setup, but he's been very happy with them. Klipsch also has the THX Ultra in-walls if budget isn't a concern.

http://www.klipsch.com/architectural-thx-speakers
post #43037 of 43050 Unread Today, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Sorry you will not find the sound from your RF3's with any in wall speakers. Floor standers equals big full sound. In walls not so much.
Ok so if I keep my current speakers in front, what ceiling mounted Klipsch rear/surrounds do you suggest I get?
There are a few on their list but not sure what would match or fit in well with my current RF3's?
post #43038 of 43050 Unread Today, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Yes I've seen and been looking at these on their site, but I don't know what makes which one better for my system.
If I go floorstanding fronts and some of these ceiling in the rear, which ones match or help the entire system?
If I go with in wall fronts then which of these match or help the system with that route?

I guess I could call them and get more details from them.
post #43039 of 43050 Unread Today, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post
My brother bought these after listening to my Klipsch setup (and being blown away). His GF wouldn't accept big bulky speakers (even bookshelf), so this was his best option. I haven't listened to his setup, but he's been very happy with them. Klipsch also has the THX Ultra in-walls if budget isn't a concern.

http://www.klipsch.com/architectural-thx-speakers
Yeah these THX speakers are pricey, maybe a bit overkill for my situation, but very nice and I bet sound awesome.
The Reference ones are what I'd be looking at. If I only knew more about them.
post #43040 of 43050 Unread Today, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Yeah these THX speakers are pricey, maybe a bit overkill for my situation, but very nice and I bet sound awesome.
The Reference ones are what I'd be looking at. If I only knew more about them.
If you're thinking of keeping your LCR and just getting in-ceiling speakers for surround, I would think these would be the best match for your existing speakers:

http://www.klipsch.com/CDT-5800-C-II
post #43041 of 43050 Unread Today, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post
If you're thinking of keeping your LCR and just getting in-ceiling speakers for surround, I would think these would be the best match for your existing speakers:

http://www.klipsch.com/CDT-5800-C-II
GLUP!!!

$400 each, $800 pair, oh well thats not that bad I guess. I only need two, I don't think I want to setup 7.1, just 5.1, the speaker locations are ready to go and wired.

Ok cool, so these would match my RF 3 II's huh, ok.
post #43042 of 43050 Unread Today, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Ok so if I keep my current speakers in front, what ceiling mounted Klipsch rear/surrounds do you suggest I get?
There are a few on their list but not sure what would match or fit in well with my current RF3's?
Stay timbre matched with your surrounds. I believe this is what your looking for that is matched with your front three. Good luck!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RS-7...item4ae582d2bd
Mongo171 likes this.

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #43043 of 43050 Unread Today, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Stay timbre matched with your surrounds. I believe this is what your looking for that is matched with your front three. Good luck!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RS-7...item4ae582d2bd
+1

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
post #43044 of 43050 Unread Today, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkami712 View Post
It was definitely temporary and about 11 years old now. That area is like an auxiliary mini-bar of sorts and limited access to the microwave and glasses was pretty irrelevant

Curious, why did you buy the JVC if you knew it was going to sit?
well I didn't think it would sit this long. Bought it from AVS on black friday week. I am in the middle of a large addition/home renovation. Things were cranking along pretty good- then things went south. with delays and setbacks and then the 100 inches of snow we got in February. Suddenly things were at a standstill. So its just not AV equipment sitting around- its house siding, doors, windows all kinds of stuff waiting to be installed. frustrating really. If I had known I would have not bought the projector so early - or the screen ( yes it is sitting around too).
post #43045 of 43050 Unread Today, 04:59 PM

Quote:
GLUP!!!

$400 each, $800 pair, oh well thats not that bad I guess. I only need two, I don't think I want to setup 7.1, just 5.1, the speaker locations are ready to go and wired.

you can get these for $400 PR. call Dave at acoustic sound design
ceptorman likes this.
post #43046 of 43050 Unread Today, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post
well I didn't think it would sit this long. Bought it from AVS on black friday week. I am in the middle of a large addition/home renovation. Things were cranking along pretty good- then things went south. with delays and setbacks and then the 100 inches of snow we got in February. Suddenly things were at a standstill. So its just not AV equipment sitting around- its house siding, doors, windows all kinds of stuff waiting to be installed. frustrating really. If I had known I would have not bought the projector so early - or the screen ( yes it is sitting around too).
I feel your pain, just finished building our house 4 months ago - I was promoted and relocated and we had a month of delays on a 5 month build. Commuting to work 2 hours and staying with the grandparents with 3 toddlers and my wife was not much fun. Boss called yesterday with a possible promotion/relocation to Scottsdale, AZ - my wife is none to pleased lol. I moved all my AV equipment myself last move, but don't think I could do it this time. May sell my speakers and get those RF-7 II's I keep talking myself out of.

Anyway, good luck with the build and hope you're in the house soon.

Klipsch RF-62 II's, RC-62II, RS-52 II's
SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500 with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #43047 of 43050 Unread Today, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
GLUP!!!

These are minimally 40%-50% off now as Klipsch rids inventory of Ref II items...even less if you shop carefully.
ceptorman likes this.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809
Klipsch: RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-52 II, RB-51 II, RB-41 II
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #43048 of 43050 Unread Today, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
I feel your pain, just finished building our house 4 months ago - I was promoted and relocated and we had a month of delays on a 5 month build. Commuting to work 2 hours and staying with the grandparents with 3 toddlers and my wife was not much fun. Boss called yesterday with a possible promotion/relocation to Scottsdale, AZ - my wife is none to pleased lol. I moved all my AV equipment myself last move, but don't think I could do it this time. May sell my speakers and get those RF-7 II's I keep talking myself out of.

Anyway, good luck with the build and hope you're in the house soon.
thanks-this is where everything will live someday (hopefully).
post #43049 of 43050 Unread Today, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 28
My current system is RF82s, RC62, RS52s, and RB41s. ( all II) I've got three Klipsch subs. Recently I've been thinking of adding an external amp. I came across an older Anthem that is 200x5. Right now I'm using a Yamaha RXA-1010. WTF is the magical headroom that everyone keeps talking about when it comes to adding an amp?
post #43050 of 43050 Unread Today, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbatc View Post
My current system is RF82s, RC62, RS52s, and RB41s. ( all II) I've got three Klipsch subs. Recently I've been thinking of adding an external amp. I came across an older Anthem that is 200x5. Right now I'm using a Yamaha RXA-1010. WTF is the magical headroom that everyone keeps talking about when it comes to adding an amp?
MOST AVR's lose rated wattage as more speakers are added to it to drive.

MOST amps will output their rated wattage no matter how many speakers it's driving.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra (Big Bada Boom); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page