AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert3353 View Post
Hi everyone,KLIPSCH: RF-82II One Pair RC-62II One Each Cherry RS-52II One Pair
I need some advice. My current set up consists of the following components.

Yamaha RX-V773
Klipsch
2ea RF 82II
one RC-62II
2 ea RS-52II
SVS sub woofer:
PB 13 Ultra
components connected to the system,
Verizion FIOS set top box
HTPC/Gaming PC,
PS 4 used for gaming and watching, Netflix, Amazon Prime video, and HBO GO programing.
PS 3 for gaming
and occasionally an Nvidia Shield Tablet or my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I purchased these speakers last year about this time and could not afford to purchase more than this 5.1 set up, I now am able to add some additional speakers to complete a 7.1 or a 7.1+2 (the +2 are a couple of presence speakers that are placed high, above the HDTV)
I noticed that Klipsch has introduced new speakers and have discontinued the RF 82II's etc. however the place where I purchased the Klipsch speakers from still has some of them in stock. What would you recommend for the side channel speakers? So far I have been looking at perhaps a couple of RF 81's (book shelf speakers) but have also considered another set of the RF 82's. I know that for a normal home theater set up that they are probably too much speaker for the side channels, however the reason I have been thinking about getting them is because along with using them for home cinema, I game a lot and also listen to a lot of music. My Yamaha receiver has a setting called 7.1 stereo, when this is selected it splits your 5.1 or 7.1 speaker set up into L and R channels but also uses your sub woofer for the base. I have a large room so was thinking that maybe having another set of the RF 82's would be great when listening to music. If I decide to add a pair of presence speakers what would you recommend? perhaps a pair of the smaller book shelf speakers I think they are RF 41II. The way the Yamaha handles the presence speakers is when you have something that is in the upper front sound field, say an aircraft flying over head, it outputs the sound first in the front presence speakers and then rapidly switches to the rear L and R speakers. When there is nothing going on in the upper areas of the sound field then the presence speakers are not used.

I am really glad that I followed the advice I received here last year, I was considering getting RF 62's with a rather small sub (in comparison to the PB 13 Ultra) but after giving it a lot of thought I am glad I made the purchase that I did. I have a rather large room, 15.5' x 36'. There are probably better subs out there but would have cost a lot more. So far my expectations with respect to the systems performance has been greatly exceeded regardless of what I am using them for. I am especially pleased with them when gaming and even when watching movies etc. I love lots of bass and the combination of the front RF 82's along with the SVS sub fills my room. Some movies and games wind up startling me and other people in the room, when watching a program or movie and especially games where there are explosions and gunfire makes you feel that you are in the middle of a war. My favorite Blue Ray movie for its audio quality has to be Master and Commander.

Thanks for any advice you can give with respect to the additional speakers.
Robert
Welcome back!

If I were in your position, I would buy the RF-82 II's and put them as rear surrounds. Put the RS-52 II's on the sides.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra (Big Bada Boom); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43532 of 43532 Unread Today, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Welcome back!

If I were in your position, I would buy the RF-82 II's and put them as rear surrounds. Put the RS-52 II's on the sides.

This is the best option for 7 channel stereo, but for DD (movie)formats you would be better having the 82's on the sides and the rs as rears, as more content gets sent to the sides than the rears. Personally I would do as Mongo suggested, if the majority of listening is 7 ch stereo

Really with that set up it will sound great either way

Harman Kardon 3700 / Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RB-51 II FH
Klipsch SS-1's
Klipsch R-112SW
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page