post #43621 of 43629 Old Today, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
Not really Klipsch related...but they're in the picture at least! I purchased a new TV stand from Boltz to replace my VTI stand and I'm really happy with it. It keeps my TV secure as I was really afraid a decent quake would send it crashing on top of my center channel speaker. And no, I am not a fan of wall mounting TVs at all for a number of reasons.

Great setup! With the exception of the AVR and subs, we have the same setup. Looks great and I like the rug. Good taste.
cyclones22 likes this.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-52 II's
SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500 with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43622 of 43629 Old Today, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
Well everyone, I got the ultimate confirmation of my recent purchase; my wife listened to a few scenes from The Dark Knight Rises last night and she was floored by the detail. She was commenting on sounds she had never heard before in the movie (we watch it a lot, it's my favorite demo material). She hasn't made another comment about the size; I think she is just ready to watch our first movie on them.
Only tidbit about this, is that The Dark Knight, not the Dark Knight rises, should be your demo movie. Much better movie.

Main room (3D bluray, PS4, WiiU) LG 70LB7100: Denon x4000, Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II x2, RS-41II x2, SVS PC-12NSD x2 + Klipsch RW12d
Downstairs (PS3, Xbox 360) Panny L55ET5: Demon 1712, Polk CS10, R300 x2, t15 x2, PSW10
post #43623 of 43629 Old Today, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Only tidbit about this, is that The Dark Knight, not the Dark Knight rises, should be your demo movie. Much better movie.

While The Dark Knight is a better movie, if only slightly, it is not when it comes to audio demo material. Now don't misconstrue what I'm saying, The Dark Knight has an amazing audio mix, but there aren't too many scenes that can surpass the sheer dynamics of the introduction to Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. Something about the first time he utters, "Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man, before throwing him from a plane.". Compound that with the score that will wreak havoc on speakers if they aren't up for the challenge.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-52 II's
SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500 with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #43624 of 43629 Old Today, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeka View Post
Yea. know what your talking about. I justified mine with three things. 1. I had a buyer for my RF 52 II system - all speakers - then "luckily" the receiver (Biggest deciding factor) 2. I Reeeeeealy wanted them (not a real justification, but the drive that made me "click BUY" after a few beers) and 3. I told myself "After four to six different speaker upgrades, - this will be my LAST set". I really wish I would have done it sooner, somehow saving me money (again, a stupid self justification!).

Even after selling the old system, It hurt $$ to buy these. But I found them as cheap as I could, did my week+ waiting for delivery, and months later, the $$ pain is over.
I mean, I suppose I could throw them on a credit card, but I'm about to have all of my credit cards paid off for the first time in 10+ years, so I don't really want to go down that road. I'm guessing the next time I end up buying speakers Reference Vs will be out

Turn it up!
post #43625 of 43629 Old Today, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Btw, thanks for the comment @retro124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Can you mount another R-3650-W II? Personally, I would get the RC-62 II. The RC-10 can't be placed vertically. The tweeter horn wasn't designed for that.
Unfortunately, no; the TV is way too high (pic a few posts back), unless I go wall-mount with the curved TV (which may be better, I suppose; the entertainment center has served well for the previous 2 TVs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
+1, however, I'll need to give both flicks another spin since upgrading my sub

Onkyo TX-NR616 (7.1; HSU VTF-3 Mk 5, Klipsch R-3650-WIIs, RC-10, R-2650-Cs, Polk RC80is) || Sammy UN78HU9000FXZA || Panny DMP-BD60 || Sony PS3 || AppleTV
post #43626 of 43629 Old Today, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
ive got the whole icon series set up. they are pretty good i'd say.
retro124 likes this.
post #43627 of 43629 Old Today, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
While The Dark Knight is a better movie, if only slightly, it is not when it comes to audio demo material. Now don't misconstrue what I'm saying, The Dark Knight has an amazing audio mix, but there aren't too many scenes that can surpass the sheer dynamics of the introduction to Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. Something about the first time he utters, "Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man, before throwing him from a plane.". Compound that with the score that will wreak havoc on speakers if they aren't up for the challenge.
Oh I've heard the plane scene is good demo material. But supposedly the bank robbery is pretty good demo mat in the Dark Knight. And I just love that movie so much more than TDKR. Heath Ledger just makes that movie so good.

Main room (3D bluray, PS4, WiiU) LG 70LB7100: Denon x4000, Klipsch RC-62II, RF-62II x2, RS-41II x2, SVS PC-12NSD x2 + Klipsch RW12d
Downstairs (PS3, Xbox 360) Panny L55ET5: Demon 1712, Polk CS10, R300 x2, t15 x2, PSW10
post #43628 of 43629 Old Today, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
Btw, thanks for the comment @retro124
you bought gigantic TV so center need to go under TV. I can't even think how big must be in livingroom. All TV's in huge stores looks much smaller then in real rooms at home. I just bought week ago and mount 65" TV and it is great size for my 14x14 room. I come from 60" so it is nice size update for me. I will really try RC-62II in those days you can buy it for very nice price and it is great speaker. Will you be able to fit in to your furniture for center channel?

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #43629 of 43629 Old Today, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindewjoe View Post
ive got the whole icon series set up. they are pretty good i'd say.
Congrat's to your new system, it is your first HT system from Klipsch? They will keep you happy for while, I had simular system for 5 years and works great for me. Don't read here much , if you do be prepare to start spending more $$$

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page