Forum Jump: 
post #43651 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Choicing subs there is whole another story and you can wait with those until is all set up, because who knows what you will end up with.
Don't worry, we've got SVS dealers over here. Though, not with US prices and benefits, of course. What are your speaker plans once you move? Or is your current setup going together with you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43652 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by highd3f View Post
Don't worry, we've got SVS dealers over here. Though, not with US prices and benefits, of course. What are your speaker plans once you move? Or is your current setup going together with you?
I'm all set 7.2 system. Speakers, subs, Tv going with me only AVR will have to have power converter and big one for AVR so it is probably easier to sell it and then buy in Europe same or similar model.

Denon X4000
Klipsch RF-82II's , RC-62II , RS-52II's , RB-81II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses
Sony XBR65X850B
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3
post #43653 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 View Post
Please don't hold my ignorance against me its been a while since I purchased my little ole' RF3-II's but why are 2 subs popular now? I have my 12" Klipsch sub that I got with my RF3's and its plenty bass for me, shakes the walls, is there a special reason 2 subs is "in" now? Please explain anyone...
Multiple subs deal with room modes much better than a single sub can. Not only do you gain output and headroom, but you get much better bass "coverage" over a wider seating area.

Also, if you happen to be sitting in a null at your MLP and moving your single sub doesn't help, the only solution is more subs.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
post #43654 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 66
^ What he said!

I have a fairly large room. 3500+ cubic feet. One of my subwoofers would not be enough, thus 2, which makes coverage more manageable. I am not a fan of ported in my living space for various reasons (size was not one of them), so I went with sealed. I have an SW-115 in my closet, and I wasn't a fan. In certain bass heavy scenes, it exhibited port chuff, which I can't stand.
Brahmzy and cchunter like this.

Onkyo TX-NR818, Emotiva XPA-5
Klipsch RF-7II Main Cherry (x2), RC-64II Center Cherry, RF-15 Wide (x2), RS-62II Surround (x2)
SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer (x2)
OPPO BDP-103D
Samsung PN64F8500
post #43655 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^

Just FYI, there are many quality, vented subwoofers out there that I would dare anyone to pick out from a sealed sub in a blind test.

If you're getting port chuffing, you need a higher quality vented sub.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
post #43656 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkami712 View Post
Well, this is what my living room looks like right now. Progress has been slow, working a couple hours most nights and for some reason the weekends fill up with stuff so not much gets done then. The other problem is I have nothing to play them with . I'm hopefully ordering an XMC-1 this afternoon and then will order an XPA-5 next time there's a sale. Sooooo HOPEFULLY by summer I'll be up and running. Then the theater build starts
Bummer having to wait (I took advantage of the NFM sale also)...maybe get a boom box Kidding aside, it's fun working on the room too and it'll be that much more enjoyable when the setup is completed. BTW: How often do the XPA-5's go on sale and for how much???

Quote:
Still need sub(s), planning on getting two PB-2000's. The PB-13 Ultra is really alluring but I can't justify $2k for one sub especially with the benefits of two subs and for less money.
Those were my exact feelings. Dual PB-2000's are excellent performers. I preferred them over the single PB-13U I auditioned recently. Although I'm fully aware of the performance gain with dual Ultras, I'm not yet convinced from a cost/benefit perspective that it is 2.5X. IMO, my PB-2000's really hold their own in my 4800 cf environment...YMMV.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809
Klipsch: RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-52 II, RB-51 II, RB-41 II
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #43657 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Well before I will move back to Europe
BTW: Just curious, when will you be returning to Europe and to where? The distance won't matter as I'm sure we'll still see you on these threads! Isn't the internet wonderful!

post #43658 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Bummer having to wait (I took advantage of the NFM sale also)...maybe get a boom box Kidding aside, it's fun working on the room too and it'll be that much more enjoyable when the setup is completed. BTW: How often do the XPA-5's go on sale and for how much???
Well, the holiday sale was 25% off. I'm going to PM a couple guys at the lounge and see if there are any other sales throughout the year.

Quote:
Those were my exact feelings. Dual PB-2000's are excellent performers. I preferred them over the single PB-13U I auditioned recently. Although I'm fully aware of the performance gain with dual Ultras, I'm not yet convinced from a cost/benefit perspective that it is 2.5X. IMO, my PB-2000's really hold their own in my 4800 cf environment...YMMV.
Both my living room and theater will be relatively small so I think the cost benefit of dual 2000's will be much higher than dual ultras.
post #43659 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Both my living room and theater will be relatively small so I think the cost benefit of dual 2000's will be much higher than dual ultras.
You're in for a treat and will NOT be disappointed!

post #43660 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
^^^

Just FYI, there are many quality, vented subwoofers out there that I would dare anyone to pick out from a sealed sub in a blind test.

If you're getting port chuffing, you need a higher quality vented sub.
Vented and Chuffing, not heard these terms, guess I probably am not a real audiophile because of this.
post #43661 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

A vented sub is one with a port. Chuffing is the sound that air rushing out said port makes.

Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
post #43662 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 185
While we are on the subject of subs, I was listening to an interview with Gary Yacoubian, President of SVS, and he mentioned that a good sub should do 5 things well: play at infrasonic levels (below human hearing), play at high spl's not limited by the amp, have accurate frequency response, stop and start on a dime (musical), and I can't recall the last, but I think it had to do with the amp. It was pretty insightful and explains why SVS subs are so good.
gene4ht likes this.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-52 II's
SVS PB13 Ultra
Marantz SR7008
Emotiva XPA-5
Samsung PN64F8500 with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Panasonic 65VT30 (Master Bedroom)
post #43663 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
While we are on the subject of subs, I was listening to an interview with Gary Yacoubian, President of SVS, and he mentioned that a good sub should do 5 things well: play at infrasonic levels (below human hearing), play at high spl's not limited by the amp, have accurate frequency response, stop and start on a dime (musical), and I can't recall the last, but I think it had to do with the amp. It was pretty insightful and explains why SVS subs are so good.
That they are.
post #43664 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
I'm hopefully ordering an XMC-1 this afternoon and then will order an XPA-5 next time there's a sale. Sooooo HOPEFULLY by summer I'll be up and running. Then the theater build starts
Nice! Good time to get the XMC-1 if you've been on the fence. They're going up by 500.00 soon.

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
post #43665 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Just curious......what on earth is going to replace these current RF-7IIs in the "new" Klipsch world? Is there going to be a RF-?? ? And how are they going to top these RF -7IIs?? that everyone seems to be "dumping". Great deals to be had for speakers that should last a lifetime!

These are about as amazing as any speakers as I've ever heard in my life. I sit about 12 ft from mine and music (in 7 channel stereo mode on the yamaha) is nothing short of amazing. Movies/in surround.....even better.

Not that I'd like to buy anything new (after as many speakers I've gone through!) but just would LOVE to see what Klipsch has in mind to replace these RF-7s. Possibly some technology from the palladium world?

Not to bash (seriously - not wanting to start anything), but nothing that the latest "premier" line has put out even TOUCHES these RF-7IIs. Maybe they have something to replace the RF-7s waiting in the wings......but wow. What a tough act to follow! Can't wait to see what it is!

This is going to be a tough dude to top!!!
Brahmzy likes this.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-52 II's, S2
Sub-12HG
Yamaha RX-A1030
I'm finally done buying AV equipment! Except for maybe a new Sub.........
post #43666 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeka View Post
Just curious......what on earth is going to replace these current RF-7IIs in the "new" Klipsch world? Is there going to be a RF-?? ? And how are they going to top these RF -7IIs?? that everyone seems to be "dumping". Great deals to be had for speakers that should last a lifetime!

These are about as amazing as any speakers as I've ever heard in my life. I sit about 12 ft from mine and music (in 7 channel stereo mode on the yamaha) is nothing short of amazing. Movies/in surround.....even better.

Not that I'd like to buy anything new (after as many speakers I've gone through!) but just would LOVE to see what Klipsch has in mind to replace these RF-7s. Possibly some technology from the palladium world?

Not to bash (seriously - not wanting to start anything), but nothing that the latest "premier" line has put out even TOUCHES these RF-7IIs. Maybe they have something to replace the RF-7s waiting in the wings......but wow. What a tough act to follow! Can't wait to see what it is!

What are the deals you are seeing and where. I haven't seen much of discount on the 7's. At least much difference in the last year, and few have hit ebay used(ii's)

Harman Kardon 3700 / Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-64 II
Klipsch RB-51 II FH
Klipsch SS-1's
Klipsch R-112SW
post #43667 of 43673 Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I'm curious as well, sonically and cosmetically. Very tough act to follow. They'll, at a minimum, incorporate the new coating on the horns. Cosmeticaly, the new ones seem so plasticky, I'm not sure if they'd try to incorporate that look into the beautiful, elegant cabinets that are the current ones. Maybe build magnetic grille covers? Not sure. I'll be hanging onto these for a very long time regardless.
I'm really curious about the new Signature Reference series 8" bookshelves - I wouldn't mind replacing my RB-61 monitors with those when they're released.
woodeka likes this.

HTPC | 12TB NAS | DENON 2809ci | Sharp 70
Klipsch RF-7II,RC-64II,CDT-5650-CII | SVS SB-2000 x2
post #43668 of 43673 Old Today, 04:10 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb12679 View Post
What are the deals you are seeing and where. I haven't seen much of discount on the 7's. At least much difference in the last year, and few have hit ebay used(ii's)
I understand calling (WWS) them directly is the best way to get the lowest price. Great guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
I'm curious as well, sonically and cosmetically. Very tough act to follow. They'll, at a minimum, incorporate the new coating on the horns. Cosmeticaly, the new ones seem so plasticky, I'm not sure if they'd try to incorporate that look into the beautiful, elegant cabinets that are the current ones. Maybe build magnetic grille covers? Not sure. I'll be hanging onto these for a very long time regardless.
I'm really curious about the new Signature Reference series 8" bookshelves - I wouldn't mind replacing my RB-61 monitors with those when they're released.
Yea, Id also think they would probably do something to "slicken" the overall look, to something a little less boxy. They'd be crazy to get rid of this level speaker.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-52 II's, S2
Sub-12HG
Yamaha RX-A1030
I'm finally done buying AV equipment! Except for maybe a new Sub.........
post #43669 of 43673 Old Today, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Most likely the updated RF-7's will fall under the Reference Signature line which will be priced between the Premieres and Palladiums. Replacing the flagship reference speaker is no easy task, but Klipsch is pretty good at making speakers

Reference > Reference Premiere > Reference Signature > Palladiums
woodeka likes this.
post #43670 of 43673 Old Today, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Seriously? 7 Channel Stereo mode??

You had to mean one of the multi-channel music modes because nobody would do any sort of critical listening in "Party" mode.
Zen Traveler and woodeka like this.

Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
post #43671 of 43673 Old Today, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Seriously? 7 Channel Stereo mode??

You had to mean one of the multi-channel music modes because nobody would do any sort of critical listening in "Party" mode.
I used to swap amps and speakers around when I had my f30s and rf82iis and I enjoyed it. I did not however listen in all ch stereo or for that matter any matrix mode for music. Strictly 2ch or 2.1ch for music here
post #43672 of 43673 Old Today, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Since I can pickup all the local HD Radio signals, I pretty much listen to them in 5.1 since that's what they are broadcasted in. Just like your local OTA HDTV signals. For CD's or MP3's it's 2.1 all the way.

Sony 55W900A
Sony S5100 Blu-ray
Yamaha Aventage A1030
Klipsch RF-82 II
Klipsch RC-62 II
Klipsch RS-52 II
Klipsch RB-51 II (Front Preference)
SVS PB-2000
post #43673 of 43673 Unread Today, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Got my RB61IIs mounted tonight as front heights. They seem much larger than I had expected--I'm glad I didn't try to do this with my 81s! Don't let my wife know I said this, but I probably would have saved myself time, angst, and (definitely) money by going with the 51s instead. Oh well...
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page