Klipsch owner thread - Page 1474 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #44191 of 44213 Unread Today, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
Those deserve a bigger picture!
Haha….thanks

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44192 of 44213 Unread Today, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
If I had .02 cents for every time you've said that in this thread, I could buy another amp
And I am sure that is exactly what you would spend your money on.
post #44193 of 44213 Unread Today, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptorman View Post
...I do believe that if you want that last bit of superior sound, a pre/processor and an amp will sound better. The average guy might not even hear the difference, and doesn't want to spend the time, energy, and money to get that last bit of sound, but some people do.
You have some very nice speakers and given their specs have no doubt they benefit from an amp. If I remember correctly Klipsch actually rates them as 4 Ohm....

Insofar as what the average guy can or can't hear, lets face it, folks that can afford Palladium speakers can afford to purchase prepros and external amps without doing any critical listening. I also feel confident they will totally like what they are hearing and aren't interested in getting into any objective listening tests comparing lesser models.
post #44194 of 44213 Unread Today, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Here is one shot of the used RC7 I may be able to work a deal on.

I have seen it blown up and it looks to be in great shape. What do you reckon lifespan is on a speaker like this? I assume it was built between 01 and 06, but not sure on exact age.

65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
Denon 4520CI / Outlaw Model 7500
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
post #44195 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
You have some very nice speakers and given their specs have no doubt they benefit from an amp. If I remember correctly Klipsch actually rates them as 4 Ohm....

Insofar as what the average guy can or can't hear, lets face it, folks that can afford Palladium speakers can afford to purchase prepros and external amps without doing any critical listening. I also feel confident they will totally like what they are hearing and aren't interested in getting into any objective listening tests comparing lesser models.
I think you must have taken what I said wrong. I am sure I'm not in the same camp as the average Palladium owner that you refer to. I've heard these speakers connected to 5 power supplies, the 3 at Klipsch HQ, my 10 year old Yamaha 7x95 AVR, and a used Emotiva amp I bought 3 weeks ago. The Emotiva really brought these speakers to life, I was completely amazed at the difference. Yes, these are rated at 4 ohm, my AVR is rated at 6 and 8 ohm.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #44196 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

I have seen it blown up and it looks to be in great shape. What do you reckon lifespan is on a speaker like this? I assume it was built between 01 and 06, but not sure on exact age.
I would think the lifespan would be measured in decades. The XO might need a refresh someday, but that is expected. If you could trade a RC62ll for that, I think that's a good deal. Will you still go for the 64, or will the RC7 finalize your front 3?
gadgtfreek likes this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #44197 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked: 937
Quote:

There are people who have Klipsch speakers that are 50-60, even 70 years old. Clean them and keep up the xo's and your grandkids will enjoy them.
gadgtfreek likes this.
post #44198 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I would think the lifespan would be measured in decades. The XO might need a refresh someday, but that is expected. If you could trade a RC62ll for that, I think that's a good deal. Will you still go for the 64, or will the RC7 finalize your front 3?
No, I will probably stop. The RC7 is only slightly wider than the 62ii, so it solves my issue. 64ii is really too wide, and I was honestly unaware of the RC7 until yesterday...

7ii's for front and RC7 for center works out exceptionally. This is the one that at some point has a Dean G crossover work, so hopefully it is pretty fresh, once again no sure on timeline. I am actually trading another piece of gear I am not using, so it's not really a losing situation for me.

65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
post #44199 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
No, I will probably stop. The RC7 is only slightly wider than the 62ii, so it solves my issue. 64ii is really too wide, and I was honestly unaware of the RC7 until yesterday...

7ii's for front and RC7 for center works out exceptionally. This is the one that at some point has a Dean G crossover work, so hopefully it is pretty fresh, once again no sure on timeline. I am actually trading another piece of gear I am not using, so it's not really a losing situation for me.
Might need to replace the tweeter diaphragm to work with the 7 II's.
post #44200 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Then an rc64ii and finally rf83s
Congratulations on the 83's!!

Denon 4520
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RS-62II's
SVS SB13 Ultra
Sony BDP-S790, PS4
Panamax 5300PM
Samsung UN60F7100 3D LED
post #44201 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I think you must have taken what I said wrong. I am sure I'm not in the same camp as the average Palladium owner that you refer to. I've heard these speakers connected to 5 power supplies, the 3 at Klipsch HQ, my 10 year old Yamaha 7x95 AVR, and a used Emotiva amp I bought 3 weeks ago. The Emotiva really brought these speakers to life, I was completely amazed at the difference. Yes, these are rated at 4 ohm, my AVR is rated at 6 and 8 ohm.
Hmmm. I didn't mean anything negative by my characterization of Palladium owners and feel they are getting an excellent product that even the most golden eared person would love.

Actually, when I learned that not all AVRs (with seemingly similar specs) were the same is chronicled either here or somewhere on the Klipsch forum --The short version is that I started with 3 yamahas (RXV-795/800/900) that I liked until I moved the speakers into a larger room...

What I came to find is they had excellent processing sections, but not the same power supplies/amps that the upper end Denons used. {Note: I have no experience with the newer Yamahas but feel they make good products.}

Honestly, my guess is there isn't much difference in the various levels of avrs when comparing apples to apples and as mentioned, the ones that can drive 4 Ohm speakers would be the ones I'd look at for upper end Klipsch Reference...The only question I have is how an AVR-4311ci hooked up to your awesome speakers would sound.
ceptorman likes this.
post #44202 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:32 AM

Quote:

I haven't heard an RC7, but I hear a lot of people talk of how much they love it, even many people who have both the 64 and the RC7.
gadgtfreek likes this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #44203 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I haven't heard an RC7, but I hear a lot of people talk of how much they love it, even many people who have both the 64 and the RC7.
Thats why I think I need to pull the trigger. For one, you don't see them for sale often, and I can do this with an even steven swap. Solves my want for a more "powerful" center, and saving space.

Going to end up with all new setup really after a few week's work, kinda exciting. Between here and the Klipsch community, there has been a ton of friendly and helpful input.

Just sucks Im sitting here right now with one 7ii, an amp with no power cord, and waiting on my preamp LOL. "Under Construction".

65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
post #44204 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Congratulations. That speaker (if in the good condition) should last as long as the RF-7IIs and if not, there will be someone to sell upgraded innards...That said, the reason they went with the RC-64II as opposed to another version of the RC-7 was because with it's 8" LF drivers it was too tall for modern TV/monitors.
gadgtfreek likes this.
post #44205 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Hmmm. I didn't mean anything negative by my characterization of Palladium owners and feel they are getting an excellent product that even the most golden eared person would love.

Actually, when I learned that not all AVRs with seemingly similar specs were the same is chronicled either here or somewhere on the Klipsch forum --The short version is that I started with 3 yamahas (RXV-795/800/900) that I liked until I moved the speakers into a larger room...

What I came to find is they had excellent processing sections, but not the same power supplies/amps that the upper end Denons used. {Note: I have no experience with the newer Yamahas but feel they make good products.}

Honestly, my guess is there isn't much difference in the various levels of avrs when comparing apples to apples and as mentioned, the ones that can drive 4 Ohm speakers would be the ones I'd look at for upper end Klipsch Reference...The only question I have is how an AVR-4311ci hooked up to your awesome speakers would sound.
Yea I would love to hear these speakers with a couple hi-end AVRs, especially ones capable of going down to 4 ohm. My Yamaha would actually clip when I pushed them, that would scare me.
Pumping 500 watts to them now sure doesn't clip them, they sound like a completely new set of speakers. I still probably haven't touched their capabilities, money is holding me back

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #44206 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Congratulations. That speaker if in the good condition should last as long as the RF-7IIs and if not there will be someone to sell upgraded innards...That said, the reason they went with the RC-64II as opposed to another version of the RC-7 was because with it's 8" LF drivers it was too tall for modern TV/monitors.
Thanks, I am lucky on height. I went a little high on the tv wall mount and the stand is pretty low. I can handle a speaker about 4" taller than the 62ii and be fine (not blocking part of screen LOL), so the RC7 will fit nicely.

It will probably look better, taking up some of the wall you would see from our seats. Pretty crazy is weighs 12 more pounds than the 62ii as well. If a tornado comes thru, the tv stand may be the only thing that stays put.

65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
post #44207 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have followed several of those threads and imo the thing to watch is which mains they used the center channel with...The reason I say that is that the front 3 speakers were voice-matched to each other and it would be interesting to see how similar they are to each other within generations.

{EDIT: The REAL question for me is how similar is the RC-64II to the RC-7 when paired with the original RF-7s. I could really use the lower profile when we upgrade the TV but the RC-7 sitting above the monitor blends flawlessly with the RF-7s/RB-75s}

IOW, in most of the threads I found online folks were testing center channels with mains they weren't voice matched with. Granted, in some folks owned all of the speakers in question, but not comparing them with the voice-matched mains which is the benchmark.

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Today at 11:54 AM.
post #44208 of 44213 Unread Today, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yea I would love to hear these speakers with a couple hi-end AVRs, especially ones capable of going down to 4 ohm. My Yamaha would actually clip when I pushed them, that would scare me.
Pumping 500 watts to them now sure doesn't clip them, they sound like a completely new set of speakers. I still probably haven't touched their capabilities, money is holding me back
Also hate the 4ohm implementation of Onkyo, not sure what Denon does. In onkyo if you choose 4 ohm instead of 6, it just limits rail voltage to protect the avr. Kinda odd that you claim something is 4 ohm stable, then the actual setting limits voltage...

I think some just leave it in 6ohm mode to avoid the issue. The 4520ci has an ohm setting, but like I said, I am not sure how they implement it.

65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
post #44209 of 44213 Unread Today, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My speakers would get extremely bright prior to obvious clipping and that is where I would stop.

Honestly, where the AVR-4311ci may give you some benefit is with your speaker/room interaction, not to mention it's accurate distance/gain measurements (granted, some folks have run into problems but I haven't been one of them). If you already have a good room then you may be fine for where you are at (outside of HDMI capability and who knows where Dolby Atmos is going).

Anyway, you already have the amp and the luxury to that is if you want to "upgrade" all you need to find is the processor.
post #44210 of 44213 Unread Today, 12:34 PM

Quote:
My speakers would get extremely bright prior to obvious clipping and that is where I would stop.

Honestly, where the AVR-4311ci may give you some benefit is with your speaker/room interaction, not to mention it's accurate distance/gain measurements (granted, some folks have run into problems but I haven't been one of them). If you already have a good room then you may be fine for where you are at (outside of HDMI capability and who knows where Dolby Atmos is going).

Anyway, you already have the amp and the luxury to that is if you want to "upgrade" all you need to find is the processor.
Yea I might even just upgrade the AVR, not sure yet. I also need a center, and better subs, and better surrounds, does it ever end?

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #44211 of 44213 Unread Today, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations. That speaker if in the good condition should last as long as the RF-7IIs and if not there will be someone to sell upgraded innards...That said, the reason they went with the RC-64II as opposed to another version of the RC-7 was because with it's 8" LF drivers it was too tall for modern TV/monitors.
Thanks, I am lucky on height. I went a little high on the tv wall mount and the stand is pretty low. I can handle a speaker about 4" taller than the 62ii and be fine (not blocking part of screen LOL), so the RC7 will fit nicely.

It will probably look better, taking up some of the wall you would see from our seats. Pretty crazy is weighs 12 more pounds than the 62ii as well. If a tornado comes thru, the tv stand may be the only thing that stays put.
I solved the problem of having a center with two 8" woofers. Still a work in progress. The TV stand was built for my C7 when I finally get it up and running. It's an Academy that's in there now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150419_153834_1429472597618.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	674545  

Last edited by Mongo171; Today at 12:43 PM.
post #44212 of 44213 Unread Today, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post
Congratulations on the 83's!!
Thank you. I am still amazed at these things, 2ch is a whole other world now
post #44213 of 44213 Unread Today, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 261
And on amps, I can manage +6 on my 83s with 0 audible distortion driven by my NAD in 2.0ch. My 90wpc avr doesn't do that.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page