Klipsch owner thread - Page 1480 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7448Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #44371 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,952
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
"That's the amp."
and now she is file for divorce

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44372 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,952
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
FInally got all the new gear setup
Nice pictures, looks very nice there, congrat's and enjoy, so how are RF-7II any damage on them? I know from your post you received each speaker different color.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
post #44373 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 10,057
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
Nice pictures, looks very nice there, congrat's and enjoy, so how are RF-7II any damage on them? I know from your post you received each speaker different color.
The first one I got had a little chip along the back bottom, same thing that would have if it went across carpet without the feet on. No way to see it. Second one is spot less as best I can tell. For the price I got them
gadgtfreek is offline  
 
post #44374 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,952
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
The first one I got had a little chip along the back bottom, same thing that would have if it went across carpet without the feet on. No way to see it. Second one is spot less as best I can tell. For the price I got them
That is great, I'm happy for you.

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
post #44375 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 10,057
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Hope to be grabbing a 64ii in that $800-900 range here shortly.
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #44376 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,952
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Hope to be grabbing a 64ii in that $800-900 range here shortly.
You will so how is sweat it RC-62II between RF-7II's?

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
post #44377 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Newbie
 
Alexander T Kennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Irvine
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Finally got my SVS PC-12+ set up and wow I didn't know what I was missing with my Polk PSW-10 talk about BASS lol. It makes my RF-82 II's look tiny hahaha guess I'm going to have to eventually upgrade to RF-7 II's.
Alexander T Kennedy is offline  
post #44378 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 10,057
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander T Kennedy View Post
Finally got my SVS PC-12+ set up and wow I didn't know what I was missing with my Polk PSW-10 talk about BASS lol. It makes my RF-82 II's look tiny hahaha guess I'm going to have to eventually upgrade to RF-7 II's.
I haad a polk sub as my first one, they dont even compare to ID subs.
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #44379 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 06:04 PM
Newbie
 
Alexander T Kennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Irvine
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I haad a polk sub as my first one, they dont even compare to ID subs.
It's not even in the same ballpark lol I'm glad I found this forum or I would have never known about ID subs.
Alexander T Kennedy is offline  
post #44380 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
retro124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,952
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander T Kennedy View Post
Finally got my SVS PC-12+ set up and wow I didn't know what I was missing with my Polk PSW-10 talk about BASS lol. It makes my RF-82 II's look tiny hahaha guess I'm going to have to eventually upgrade to RF-7 II's.
Enjoy, SVS us sub is one bad boy for sure, it is nice update and put your HT system to next level for sure.
I agree this forum is a reason why I have at home 2 of those

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Projector and scren shopping now :D
Apple Mac mini, Sony PS3,
retro124 is offline  
post #44381 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 1,446
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander T Kennedy View Post
Finally got my SVS PC-12+ set up and wow I didn't know what I was missing with my Polk PSW-10 talk about BASS lol. It makes my RF-82 II's look tiny hahaha guess I'm going to have to eventually upgrade to RF-7 II's.
Yea its amazing what a real sub sounds like compared to everything else, congrats

(2)RF-83 (1)RC-64ii (2)RF-82ii (2)RC-62ii
(2)Exodus audio tempest-x 15" subs in 200l sealed enclosures
Onkyo 705 pre/pro and rear surrounds
DSPeaker Antimode 8033 sub eq Behringer EP4000 subs
NAD C275BEE mains
AMC 2N100-3 surrounds and center
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #44382 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 1,446
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 557
This and the Klipsch forum are the reasons why I have all of my gear lol. And to think I almost chose cerwin vega over klipsch when I really started getting in to it! I had sonys then wharfedales then an ok pair of cerwin vegas. I still remember the day I got my synergy f30s home I was hooked. Then I found this forum then the klipsch community, it was all downhill(or uphill) from there.
ceptorman likes this.

(2)RF-83 (1)RC-64ii (2)RF-82ii (2)RC-62ii
(2)Exodus audio tempest-x 15" subs in 200l sealed enclosures
Onkyo 705 pre/pro and rear surrounds
DSPeaker Antimode 8033 sub eq Behringer EP4000 subs
NAD C275BEE mains
AMC 2N100-3 surrounds and center
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #44383 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 890
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
This and the Klipsch forum are the reasons why I have all of my gear lol. And to think I almost chose cerwin vega over klipsch when I really started getting in to it! I had sonys then wharfedales then an ok pair of cerwin vegas. I still remember the day I got my synergy f30s home I was hooked. Then I found this forum then the klipsch community, it was all downhill(or uphill) from there.
Yea this hobby can be addicting. One good thing by having a great pair of speakers, you're set for a very long time.
Louis Bartay likes this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #44384 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Member
 
practicalposts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brunswicks, New Jersey
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
This and the Klipsch forum are the reasons why I have all of my gear lol. And to think I almost chose cerwin vega over klipsch when I really started getting in to it! I had sonys then wharfedales then an ok pair of cerwin vegas. I still remember the day I got my synergy f30s home I was hooked. Then I found this forum then the klipsch community, it was all downhill(or uphill) from there.
I completely relate to it. I was pretty happy with my klipsch wf and then I started checking out this forum. One thing leads to other, and was here regularly reading each and every post. Finally upgrade bug got me. Was targetting B&W CM9 at BB, but when I audition RF-7ii at WWS I was sure these are my speakers. Difference of night and day B&W Cm8 compared with Rf-7ii (I know it is not fair comparison) at low volume.
Recently updated my receiver and getting rf-7ii tomorrow, very excited. I wanted WWS walnuts badly but they are not budging on price so settling for used RFs.

Fronts: Klipsch WF-34, WC-24
Sub: HSU VTF5 MK2
AVR: Onkyo 809
Media: Chromecasts, Fire TVs
PJ: BENQ w1070
practicalposts is offline  
post #44385 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 2,152
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
I wanted WWS walnuts badly but they are not budging on price so settling for used RFs.
Have you had the opportunity to do a side by side comparison of the walnut and cherry finishes? If so, what were your impressions?

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 04-24-2015 at 08:55 PM.
gene4ht is offline  
post #44386 of 53713 Old 04-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Member
 
practicalposts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Brunswicks, New Jersey
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Have you had the opportunity to do a side by side comparison of the walnut and cherry finishes? If so, what were your impressions?
No actually I did not compare. I did not even notice walnut very well in the store as it was dimly lit. But after seeing high quality cherry picures lastly from gadget freak, I am okay with cherry color.

Fronts: Klipsch WF-34, WC-24
Sub: HSU VTF5 MK2
AVR: Onkyo 809
Media: Chromecasts, Fire TVs
PJ: BENQ w1070
practicalposts is offline  
post #44387 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 2,152
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
No actually I did not compare. I did not even notice walnut very well in the store as it was dimly lit. But after seeing high quality cherry picures lastly from gadget freak, I am okay with cherry color.
Thanks for your response. It appears very few people have seen the walnut in person and even fewer actually own it. Understanding that it is purely subjective, I'm trying to determine if the walnut finish is worth the premium over the discounts that are available for the black and cherry.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 04-25-2015 at 06:52 AM.
gene4ht is offline  
post #44388 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 10,057
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Any of you fine fellows running an amp had any issues with Audyssey bottoming the speaker trim out at -12.

It's a new issue for me since adding the new gear (RC62II is -12 and RF7II's are -9.5db). I can get 6db attenuators for all 3 which would fix it, or XLR has been mentioned as well. The amp gain is 28db on RCA's and 34db on XLR's, but I am not quite sure how that translates into the situation.

I tested with an spl meter, at the advice of audyssey staff, and the center is within 0.5db's of the other two, so I lucked out. Concern is the 64ii may be worse when I get it.

Thanks.
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #44389 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Riddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greater Houston Area - Texas
Posts: 1,359
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Thanks for your response. It appears very few people have seen the walnut in person and even fewer actually own it. Understanding that it is purely subjective, I'm trying to determine if the walnut finish is worth the premium over the discounts that are available for the black and cherry.
The Cherry finish is much darker in person than the pictures on Klipsch's and other sites would suggest. I have dark cherry floors throughout my house and the speakers are just a shade lighter. I haven't seen the Walnut finish is person, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it compared to the discounts you can get on the beautiful Cherry finish.

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's
PSA V3600I
Marantz SR7008 with TK421 Modification
Emotiva XPA-5
Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Oppo UDP-203
Tom Riddle is offline  
post #44390 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 10,057
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
The Cherry finish is much darker in person than the pictures on Klipsch's and other sites would suggest. I have dark cherry floors throughout my house and the speakers are just a shade lighter. I haven't seen the Walnut finish is person, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it compared to the discounts you can get on the beautiful Cherry finish.

I agree on it being darker in person. I avoided it because of the website pics, but once I saw it in my living room all I thought was "classy".
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #44391 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 2,152
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
The Cherry finish is much darker in person than the pictures on Klipsch's and other sites would suggest. I have dark cherry floors throughout my house and the speakers are just a shade lighter. I haven't seen the Walnut finish is person, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it compared to the discounts you can get on the beautiful Cherry finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I agree on it being darker in person. I avoided it because of the website pics, but once I saw it in my living room all I thought was "classy".
As you might guess, the 7's and 64's are on my very near horizon. The PC pics of the walnut are appealing but I tend to agree that it's not worth the premium. Your responses on the cherry have me comfortably moving in that direction. I know you both are enjoying your new 7's...be joining the club soon. Thanks!
gadgtfreek likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-NR636 (5.2.2) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #44392 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tasdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
Posts: 763
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Any of you fine fellows running an amp had any issues with Audyssey bottoming the speaker trim out at -12.

It's a new issue for me since adding the new gear (RC62II is -12 and RF7II's are -9.5db). I can get 6db attenuators for all 3 which would fix it, or XLR has been mentioned as well. The amp gain is 28db on RCA's and 34db on XLR's, but I am not quite sure how that translates into the situation.

I tested with an spl meter, at the advice of audyssey staff, and the center is within 0.5db's of the other two, so I lucked out. Concern is the 64ii may be worse when I get it.

Thanks.
Audyssey set my fronts at -7.5 and the center at -6.0 I've been using XLR cables from day 1 with my pre/pro. After calibration I checked with a SPL meter and all 3 were spot on @ 75db - 80db at the MLP
FWIW, Iv'e got the gen 1 XPA-5's which have the higher gain of 32

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
Tasdom is offline  
post #44393 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 10,057
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
After some more research, it seems XLR's having a higher gain would make my issue "worse". I am going to get the made in the USA 6db attenuator for the center channel and see what happens.

This has been a helluva two weeks, but I have learned a lot!

I think it is the 7500/new Preamp combo. When the Audyssey chirps went off, it was super loud. I have run it alot and do not remember them ever being that loud.

I am guessing by the settings, my fronts are running 85db roughly when they should be 75, and the center is 87...
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #44394 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,357
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1478 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Hey guys I posted my thoughts on my new RF-82 II's over here in response to another member.

Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread
gadgtfreek and ceptorman like this.

Display - LG OLED
Receiver - Denon
Speakers - Klipsch
Subs - Rythmik
JT78681 is offline  
post #44395 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 890
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Hey guys I posted my thoughts on my new RF-82 II's over here in response to another member.

Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread
Great review, I'm glad they were an improvement over the other speakers. Sometimes we do not know how something will sound until then, a lateral move isn't so bad, but a move back is a bummer.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #44396 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JT78681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,357
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1478 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
^^^ Thanks man! It's crazy how the horns seem to disperse the sound everywhere in the room. I like it and now in the next few weeks I can complete the system by snagging the matching center and surrounds.
Tom Riddle likes this.

Display - LG OLED
Receiver - Denon
Speakers - Klipsch
Subs - Rythmik
JT78681 is offline  
post #44397 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
ceptorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indy
Posts: 890
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
^^^ Thanks man! It's crazy how the horns seem to disperse the sound everywhere in the room. I like it and now in the next few weeks I can complete the system by snagging the matching center and surrounds.
You might check out the Klipsch forum classified section, a lot of gear shows up there, the alerts section is for Craiglist and Ebay, the for sale section is from members. It's actually a great forum, many members from here also.
JT78681 likes this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
ceptorman is offline  
post #44398 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
 
mpirnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate Ohio
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
^^^ Thanks man! It's crazy how the horns seem to disperse the sound everywhere in the room. I like it and now in the next few weeks I can complete the system by snagging the matching center and surrounds.
The first thing we watched after getting the 82s dialed in with my new receiver was Box Trolls, and I swear I could hear sound coming from places we don't even have speakers. For example, in crowd scenes where sounds would pan from the right to left, it sounded like they'd go *past* the left speaker as the on-screen source moved beyond the frame. It was really cool.
mpirnat is offline  
post #44399 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 1,446
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
^^^ Thanks man! It's crazy how the horns seem to disperse the sound everywhere in the room. I like it and now in the next few weeks I can complete the system by snagging the matching center and surrounds.
Glad you like them! Just be aware that horns are different to normal speakers and if you have lots of reflective surfaces ie bare walls, wood floor etc they can make the highs bright. Also toe in is more crucial with horns.
Robbiey60 is offline  
post #44400 of 53713 Old 04-25-2015, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Robbiey60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 1,446
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
The first thing we watched after getting the 82s dialed in with my new receiver was Box Trolls, and I swear I could hear sound coming from places we don't even have speakers. For example, in crowd scenes where sounds would pan from the right to left, it sounded like they'd go *past* the left speaker as the on-screen source moved beyond the frame. It was really cool.
Yup I love how a properly set up system can image sounds everywhere. I just dropped back from a 7.1 to a 6.1 as I feel it images better. Now I have 2 towers and a center at the front which images perfectly and 2 towers and a center at the back which also images perfectly not to mention the imaging between the fronts and surrounds. This is it for me for speakers anyway for a good long while!
Robbiey60 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , klipsch icon wf 35 floorstanding speakers , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off