Klipsch owner thread - Page 1481 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #44401 of 44422 Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
^^^ Thanks man! It's crazy how the horns seem to disperse the sound everywhere in the room. I like it and now in the next few weeks I can complete the system by snagging the matching center and surrounds.
The first thing we watched after getting the 82s dialed in with my new receiver was Box Trolls, and I swear I could hear sound coming from places we don't even have speakers. For example, in crowd scenes where sounds would pan from the right to left, it sounded like they'd go *past* the left speaker as the on-screen source moved beyond the frame. It was really cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44402 of 44422 Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
^^^ Thanks man! It's crazy how the horns seem to disperse the sound everywhere in the room. I like it and now in the next few weeks I can complete the system by snagging the matching center and surrounds.
Glad you like them! Just be aware that horns are different to normal speakers and if you have lots of reflective surfaces ie bare walls, wood floor etc they can make the highs bright. Also toe in is more crucial with horns.
post #44403 of 44422 Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirnat View Post
The first thing we watched after getting the 82s dialed in with my new receiver was Box Trolls, and I swear I could hear sound coming from places we don't even have speakers. For example, in crowd scenes where sounds would pan from the right to left, it sounded like they'd go *past* the left speaker as the on-screen source moved beyond the frame. It was really cool.
Yup I love how a properly set up system can image sounds everywhere. I just dropped back from a 7.1 to a 6.1 as I feel it images better. Now I have 2 towers and a center at the front which images perfectly and 2 towers and a center at the back which also images perfectly not to mention the imaging between the fronts and surrounds. This is it for me for speakers anyway for a good long while!
post #44404 of 44422 Old Today, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post
Yup I love how a properly set up system can image sounds everywhere. I just dropped back from a 7.1 to a 6.1 as I feel it images better. Now I have 2 towers and a center at the front which images perfectly and 2 towers and a center at the back which also images perfectly not to mention the imaging between the fronts and surrounds. This is it for me for speakers anyway for a good long while!
There is no doubt everyone's room is different, but usually having 2 speakers in the rear (especially with the onset of 7.1+) is preferred.

Of course, we are speaking about pre-Atmos (and other object based technology) but I am still curious how many people are going to start buying 'more speakers' except for a dedicated movie room. Heck, by looking at the pictures posted on this thread, most of us have our Home Theaters setup in a dual purpose environment.

As for having either one speaker behind verses two, there have been some interesting articles posted about how the shape of the head, along with our two ears focused forward makes 2 rear speakers more practical than one when even reproducing a mono source (i.e., when they experimented with 6.1 DVDs back in the day...)

Again, I also realize there are reasons for using one speaker in the rear but wanted to post my 2 cents for the general public and hobbyist alike.
post #44405 of 44422 Old Today, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Maple RF7s for sale in CaL….very good price….https://community.klipsch.com/index....k-up-for-sale/
gadgtfreek likes this.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #44406 of 44422 Old Today, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Have you had the opportunity to do a side by side comparison of the walnut and cherry finishes? If so, what were your impressions?
I picked up cherry rf7ii and as some of the members chimed, they are darker than the photos convey. Very happy with the color. Though I prefer finish that I have on Wf-34. You have to go to palladium level to get that kind of finish.

Fronts: Klipsch WF-34, WC-24
Sub: HSU VTF5 MK2
AVR: Onkyo 809
Media: Chromecasts, Fire TVs
PJ: BENQ w1070
post #44407 of 44422 Old Today, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
I picked up cherry rf7ii and as some of the members chimed, they are darker than the photos convey. Very happy with the color. Though I prefer finish that I have on Wf-34. You have to go to palladium level to get that kind of finish.
Appreciate your feedback. Unless there is a major price break on the walnut, I'll likely opt for the cherry as well. Palladiums are not quite on my radar at this time.

Panasonic: PT-AE3000 Front Projector
Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1)
Onkyo: TX-NR809, TX-NR636
Klipsch: RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-52 II, RB-51 II, RB-41 II
SVS: PB-2000 x 2
Panasonic: DMP-BD85
post #44408 of 44422 Old Today, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi, i have klipsch rf62ii and rc62ii and thinking of upgrading to the rf7ii and rc64ii and put the rf62ii in side surrounds and rc62ii in back surround. Do you guys think that it will be a substantiall upgrade that deserves that expensive cost of the rf7ii? And between the rc62ii and rc64ii? Thanks
post #44409 of 44422 Old Today, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreis View Post
Hi, i have klipsch rf62ii and rc62ii and thinking of upgrading to the rf7ii and rc64ii and put the rf62ii in side surrounds and rc62ii in back surround. Do you guys think that it will be a substantiall upgrade that deserves that expensive cost of the rf7ii? And between the rc62ii and rc64ii? Thanks
What you are considering doing is a substantial upgrade, but at what cost really is relative. Imo, if you can do it and remain in budget it's a no-brainier--Otoh, if it brings stress on a relationship or the bank, other solutions can be had...
evan1242 likes this.
post #44410 of 44422 Old Today, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
not sure if this is a big no-no on the forum, but I posted a klipsch rc-52 in the classifieds but really looking to trade someone:

WTT WTS - Klipsch RC-52 for Klipsch RC-42
post #44411 of 44422 Old Today, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
And what about the sound quality of the rc62ii vs rc64ii? It will be also a substantial upgrade? Thanks
post #44412 of 44422 Old Today, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
And what about the sound quality of the rc62ii vs rc64ii? It will be also a substantial upgrade? Thanks
Yes, plus you would want to keep the front soundstage voice-matched. Also keep in mind the size of the considered speakers--The RC-64II is huge compared to the RC-62II.
post #44413 of 44422 Old Today, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptorman View Post
Yea this hobby can be addicting. One good thing by having a great pair of speakers, you're set for a very long time.

You are SOO right on the addiction for this hobby......... same with my motorcycles and Hot Rods.
I started out with my Cornwalls new in 1979 and I have built a HT system around them over the years. Go Big on the fronts if you are serious about music and build around them for movies.. If HT is what you enjoy the most go big on the center and subs and build around them. I was surprised how nice my odd combo of Klipsch speakers (7.2 now) sound on Blurays. If you have the $$ or a zero balance on a credit card go BIG on all of them at one time and enjoy .
ceptorman likes this.

Klipsch Cornwall I,C7,RS3-II
Klipsch Heresy II, KSB 1.1
Klipsch Sub 12" X3 Hafler P3000,P1000, DH330 DH110
Yamaha RX-V1900, T-1000,A-1000 Class A, GE-20 GEQ CDC-697
ReVox A-77 Mk IV Dolby, Nakamichi BX-100 PL-518X DL103R
post #44414 of 44422 Old Today, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Any of you guys had these klipsch light speakers?
Maybe good for back porch or garage?

Pioneer Elite VSX-70
KG 5.5's
KG 3.5's
RC-25
RS-35's
BIC F-12's
post #44415 of 44422 Old Today, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1242 View Post
Any of you guys had these klipsch light speakers?
Maybe good for back porch or garage?
I'm not familiar with this. Link?
post #44416 of 44422 Old Today, 03:59 PM

Ive seen them but haven't heard them.

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #44417 of 44422 Old Today, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
Look about halfway down the list...http://www.electronichouse.com/daily...H_Daily_031715

650cc on the track
1000 cc on the street
800cc on the snow
post #44418 of 44422 Old Today, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfan9 View Post
http://www.klipsch.com/lightspeaker-...d-audio-system

Lol I just bought the set with 2 extra lights/speakers for 50 bucks so can't really go wrong I guess.

Pioneer Elite VSX-70
KG 5.5's
KG 3.5's
RC-25
RS-35's
BIC F-12's
post #44419 of 44422 Old Today, 04:26 PM

Never even opened.

Pioneer Elite VSX-70
KG 5.5's
KG 3.5's
RC-25
RS-35's
BIC F-12's
post #44420 of 44422 Old Today, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Go for it. I have rc62ii as rear surround, rf82ii as side surrounds, rf83 as mains and rc64ii as center. It sounds awesome. The 62 is a good center but the 64 is a better speaker. Price will be the deciding factor but if you can afford the upgrades it will be a huge improvement
post #44421 of 44422 Old Today, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post
There is no doubt everyone's room is different, but usually having 2 speakers in the rear (especially with the onset of 7.1+) is preferred.

Of course, we are speaking about pre-Atmos (and other object based technology) but I am still curious how many people are going to start buying 'more speakers' except for a dedicated movie room. Heck, by looking at the pictures posted on this thread, most of us have our Home Theaters setup in a dual purpose environment.

As for having either one speaker behind verses two, there have been some interesting articles posted about how the shape of the head, along with our two ears focused forward makes 2 rear speakers more practical than one when even reproducing a mono source (i.e., when they experimented with 6.1 DVDs back in the day...)

Again, I also realize there are reasons for using one speaker in the rear but wanted to post my 2 cents for the general public and hobbyist alike.
Yes I completely understand that everyone's gear in everyone's room will sound different and then there is personal preference on top of that. I tried 2 rear surrounds but even through the different surround back decode programs I got a very diffused rear image which I do not like. Going back to 1 rear surround gave me directionality and good imaging throughout the entire rear section of my soundstage. Just an example in the fellowship of the ring when the orcs and cave troll attack, the scene where the cave troll comes from behind. 2 ch rear surround sounded horrible like the troll was everywhere, that was with dolby ex, pl2x, neo6, neural 7ch, thx surr ex, thx games and thx select 2. Not a drastic difference between all of them but if I had to chose probably dolby ex and thx surr ex sounded better. Now with 1 ch running with dolby ex the troll was directly behind me when it came in and when it swings the chain I can clearly hear it all the way around the rear soundstage. It is worth noting that the audio was set to 5.1 ch pcm with dolby ex decoding the surround back channel and I liked it better than the 6.1ch pcm mix for that whole scene.
post #44422 of 44422 Old Today, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 455
These 7ii's are something special. Just watched the first blu-ray and man they have some authority.

Panasonic 65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
Marantz AV7702 / Outlaw Model 7500
Klipsch RF7II (2) and RC62II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Panamax MR5100
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page