Klipsch owner thread - Page 1510 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #45271 of 45275 Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 530
I think for the price, the MK2 is because you can buy 2 for the price of one of some of these.

Ive done more reading today, and Im a bit torn between the Captivator 1400 and the V3600. I still think the 3600 is the sub though, it's output is just ridiculous according to the CEA numbers. I know that isnt all, but PSA, JTR and SVS all test well in the THD realm, and the 3600 and the 1400 will have plenty of headroom. The 1400 was just tested by data bass and it has some serious power.

Panasonic 65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
Marantz AV7702 / Outlaw Model 7500
Klipsch RF7II (2) and RC64II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Panamax MR5100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #45272 of 45275 Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post
I have 2 SVS PB12 Plus subs and 2 PSA XV15SE subs in the same room and they match up well. When shopping for a 2nd pair of subs to go with my Pluses, I ordered an XV15se and PB2000 then compared them all over my room using the same material. I tried them with the Pluses and alone...even tried pairing them together.

In the end, I chose to send back the PB2000 and ordered the 2nd XV15se. I really liked the PB2000 as it had that SVS sound and really let you know it was there.. but when push came to shove, the XV15 was physically shaking my sofa during many movies where the PB2000 did not (Godzilla 2014- scene with Godzilla crashing through the bridge being a prime example).

I hope that helps some!

PS- I will always recommend ordering both and having your own subwoofer face off. It really helps with the "what ifs" after the fact because you've heard them both.
I did the exact same test and ended up with the PB-2000. I know exactly what you mean about the physical nature of the XV-15se and now that the V1500 is out, I'm in that mode again..
Coupled with the Forte IIs that I just got and now I'm thinking of upgrading them to titanium. While I'm at it, might as well get a matching Heresy iii center and move my WFs to surround duty.. It never ends!

Marantz SR-5007 Klipsch WF-35, WC-24, WB-14 theater
Marantz 2325 Klipsch Forte ii stereo
SVS PB-2000
LG 55LN5600
Sony PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U
post #45273 of 45275 Old Today, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Okay all of you subwoofer gurus--It looks like you guys are looking at some nice subs. That said, if you could pick up two of these subs: Klipsch R-115SW Subwoofer Official AVS Forum Review for $1200 to $1400 wouldn't that compete with what you can find in the ID markets? If not, why?

{Note: I understand with more money several subs being considered hit lower but comparing apples to apples in the less than $1500 category}
post #45274 of 45275 Old Today, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 974
Klipsch makes some nice subs. You can get more info on the other subs on their respective threads.
post #45275 of 45275 Old Today, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Klipsch makes some nice subs. You can get more info on the other subs on their respective threads.
Umm...Thanks. I understand how to read specs but was trying to bring this discussion into the real world so I could learn something.
Reply Speakers

Tags
belle , Klipsch , Klipsch Audio , klipsch belle , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Sub 12 , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page